The way to a man's stomach is through his esophagus.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

SubjectAuthor
* Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8shawn
+- Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8Ian J. Ball
+* Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8anim8rfsk
|+- Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8shawn
|`- Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8Ian J. Ball
+* Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8shawn
| `- Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8anim8rfsk
`- Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8David Johnston

1
Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<samo5ip51ms350ou53d8cu5n6hfrl51fo6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185630&group=rec.arts.tv#185630

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 22:58:04 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 11 May 2023 02:58 UTC

Gotham Knights

An episode where one of the GK is tied up dealing with an addict
mother while two of the GK enter a Court of Owls get together to
celebrate the finding of the map that will lead them to the substance
that will supposedly make them immortal. While the rest of the GK sit
in the van listening in to our two heroes stealing the most important
map of the Court of Owls from under their noses. Well, not really any
noses since they didn't have any one guarding the map/painting. At
least not at first.

Then when the Court is going to have the Talon execute Cressida, who
betrayed Bruce, our hero decides he can't let her die so he picks up
one of the many swords on display and cuts off the Talon's head.
(Amazingly easy to kill from behind.)

This puts the Court in disarray with everyone running in different
directions which works out well for our heroes but confuses me given
that these people apparently deal out death on a regular basis. Guess
it's different when it happens in front of you.

The show ends with Turner spending time talking to Cressida in the
woods and gives the Court time to catch up with them. Rather than
killing Turner they take him for some unknown purpose. We get a couple
of reveals such as the Mayor being the leader of the Court and Harvey
Dent waking up wearing a bloody Court of Owls mask.

Oh, the way they found the meeting of the Court was due to these
watches that suddenly start changing time on their own to display a
time and a place for the meeting (except that they end up showing
different times on two of the watches.)

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<u3hmnp$1012e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185634&group=rec.arts.tv#185634

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 20:17:13 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 11 May 2023 03:17 UTC

On 2023-05-11 02:58:04 +0000, shawn said:

> Gotham Knights

Forgot to get to this tonight - will get to it tomorrow...

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<538529089.705468169.754523.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185642&group=rec.arts.tv#185642

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 20:38:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 11 May 2023 03:38 UTC

> Gotham Knights
>
> An episode where one of the GK is tied up dealing with an addict
> mother while two of the GK enter a Court of Owls get together to
> celebrate the finding of the map that will lead them to the substance
> that will supposedly make them immortal. While the rest of the GK sit
> in the van listening in to our two heroes stealing the most important
> map of the Court of Owls from under their noses. Well, not really any
> noses since they didn't have any one guarding the map/painting. At
> least not at first.

So they have the map prominently on display for all to see in the court of
owls ballroom. Then they have a couple of owl goons take it and put it in
the side room where it will be unguarded just in case someone wants to
steal it. Yeah, that makes sense.

So there’s this map. Apparently it’s made out of metal and yet still very
flexible. There must be an X on it somewhere marking the spot. Dozens and
dozens of people have seen it. Doesn’t everybody who was interested know
where the damn meteor is hidden now?

> Then when the Court is going to have the Talon execute Cressida, who
> betrayed Bruce, our hero decides he can't let her die so he picks up
> one of the many swords on display and cuts off the Talon's head.
> (Amazingly easy to kill from behind.)

Yeah, he must have no bones in his neck at all.

> This puts the Court in disarray with everyone running in different
> directions which works out well for our heroes but confuses me given
> that these people apparently deal out death on a regular basis. Guess
> it's different when it happens in front of you.
>
> The show ends with Turner spending time talking to Cressida in the
> woods and gives the Court time to catch up with them. Rather than
> killing Turner they take him for some unknown purpose.

Gads that was annoying. Desperately running for their lives they keep
stopping to exchange exposition.

We get a couple
> of reveals such as the Mayor being the leader of the Court and Harvey
> Dent waking up wearing a bloody Court of Owls mask.
>
> Oh, the way they found the meeting of the Court was due to these
> watches that suddenly start changing time on their own to display a
> time and a place for the meeting (except that they end up showing
> different times on two of the watches.)

So a whole bunch of the Court lost their watches. Are they just out of the
court now? There must be some procedure for reporting stolen and or lost
and or broken watches. There must be somebody somewhere with a membership
list. You would think somebody in security would be watching for the
watches!

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<anqo5it266ordiel35l14iv2te9occ4vni@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185645&group=rec.arts.tv#185645

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 00:25:05 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 11 May 2023 04:25 UTC

On Wed, 10 May 2023 20:38:08 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>
>> Gotham Knights
>>
>> An episode where one of the GK is tied up dealing with an addict
>> mother while two of the GK enter a Court of Owls get together to
>> celebrate the finding of the map that will lead them to the substance
>> that will supposedly make them immortal. While the rest of the GK sit
>> in the van listening in to our two heroes stealing the most important
>> map of the Court of Owls from under their noses. Well, not really any
>> noses since they didn't have any one guarding the map/painting. At
>> least not at first.
>
>So they have the map prominently on display for all to see in the court of
>owls ballroom. Then they have a couple of owl goons take it and put it in
>the side room where it will be unguarded just in case someone wants to
>steal it. Yeah, that makes sense.

No one said the Court was made of the smartest people, just the
richest and most powerful.

>So there’s this map. Apparently it’s made out of metal and yet still very
>flexible. There must be an X on it somewhere marking the spot. Dozens and
>dozens of people have seen it. Doesn’t everybody who was interested know
>where the damn meteor is hidden now?

If it was that easy to find you would think someone would have found
it long ago. Maybe there's something else needed to figure out where
this meteor is. Something they already have. Though you would think if
they have the map they would have taken advantage of that information
to go find the meteor right away. So at this get together they would
have the meteor to show everyone instead of just a map that they think
will lead them to the meteor.

Like I said the Court of Owls may not be made up of the smartest
people in Gotham, or maybe that's just the writers that are missing
some brain cells.

>> Then when the Court is going to have the Talon execute Cressida, who
>> betrayed Bruce, our hero decides he can't let her die so he picks up
>> one of the many swords on display and cuts off the Talon's head.
>> (Amazingly easy to kill from behind.)
>
>Yeah, he must have no bones in his neck at all.

Yeah, I was amazed at that, especially given those swords just looked
like the typical swords from England that are more blunt instruments.
If they had used some Japanese katanas that Turner could use they
could at least play to the idea that the sword was ultra sharp. As it
I'm going with the idea that the Talon is pieced together like
Frankenstein's monster and the pieces are easily separated (but I'm
sure the writers don't have something like that in mind.)

>> This puts the Court in disarray with everyone running in different
>> directions which works out well for our heroes but confuses me given
>> that these people apparently deal out death on a regular basis. Guess
>> it's different when it happens in front of you.
>>
>> The show ends with Turner spending time talking to Cressida in the
>> woods and gives the Court time to catch up with them. Rather than
>> killing Turner they take him for some unknown purpose.
>
>Gads that was annoying. Desperately running for their lives they keep
>stopping to exchange exposition.

Yeah, I can't understand why they had him do that. If one of them had
been injured they might have used that as an excuse but as it was
there was no reason why they couldn't keep moving and either talk as
they walked or wait till they were in a safe location.

>We get a couple
>> of reveals such as the Mayor being the leader of the Court and Harvey
>> Dent waking up wearing a bloody Court of Owls mask.
>>
>> Oh, the way they found the meeting of the Court was due to these
>> watches that suddenly start changing time on their own to display a
>> time and a place for the meeting (except that they end up showing
>> different times on two of the watches.)
>
>So a whole bunch of the Court lost their watches. Are they just out of the
>court now? There must be some procedure for reporting stolen and or lost
>and or broken watches. There must be somebody somewhere with a membership
>list. You would think somebody in security would be watching for the
>watches!

How in the world did they manage to lose four watches. No, wait..
That's only four watches that the GK has found. Who knows how many
other watches must have been lost over the years. Also these watches
have the ability to not only display special times but to be updated
remotely with what to display. Given that one would assume there would
a location feature just so when a watch goes missing they can find it.
But apparently the Court doesn't care about lost watches.

Do they give everyone several watches when they join the Court?
Actually that's a possibility because I know some people who are
really into watches and they have multiple different watches that they
choose based on what outfit they want to wear. So maybe Court members
are able to get multiple watches with different designs so they can
always be ready when a bat signal.. oops when a Court of Owl signal is
sent out.

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<u3k8uq$1cp1b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185762&group=rec.arts.tv#185762

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 19:40:26 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 12 May 2023 02:40 UTC

On 2023-05-11 02:58:04 +0000, shawn said:

> Gotham Knights
>
> An episode where one of the GK is tied up dealing with an addict
> mother while two of the GK enter a Court of Owls get together to
> celebrate the finding of the map that will lead them to the substance
> that will supposedly make them immortal. While the rest of the GK sit
> in the van listening in to our two heroes stealing the most important
> map of the Court of Owls from under their noses. Well, not really any
> noses since they didn't have any one guarding the map/painting. At
> least not at first.

They also are all wearing masks, and this have no real noses!!

> Then when the Court is going to have the Talon execute Cressida, who
> betrayed Bruce, our hero decides he can't let her die so he picks up
> one of the many swords on display and cuts off the Talon's head.
> (Amazingly easy to kill from behind.)

I'll give them that one, as Turner had complete element of surprise.

> This puts the Court in disarray with everyone running in different
> directions which works out well for our heroes but confuses me given
> that these people apparently deal out death on a regular basis. Guess
> it's different when it happens in front of you.

Well, their #1 Enforcer just got killed(?) dead(?) in front of them,
and these people are used to being in control, so... (?...)

> The show ends with Turner spending time talking to Cressida in the
> woods and gives the Court time to catch up with them.

And, of course, she gives Turner *no* useful intel in the moment!

> Rather than
> killing Turner they take him for some unknown purpose. We get a couple
> of reveals such as the Mayor

Candidate - he's the rival mayoral candidate to Harvey.

So, this reveals that Lincoln's earlier stabbing was in fact a setup,
and it was no mistake that he survived.

Lincoln is also the dad of the other private school kid - Stephanie's
friend - and he literally hasn't been in the last 2 or 3 episodes! Why
is he "main credit cast" again?!!...

> being the leader of the Court and Harvey
> Dent waking up wearing a bloody Court of Owls mask.

So, I've been afraid that they are eventually going to reveal that
Harvey is actually the Talon - I really hope they don't go there. But
this episode was more evidence that they may be going there... :/

> Oh, the way they found the meeting of the Court was due to these
> watches that suddenly start changing time on their own to display a
> time and a place for the meeting (except that they end up showing
> different times on two of the watches.)

This episode actually featured Duela, and... well, it was a different
Duela. I'm not sure I like it - this show works better when she's the
carefree snarky "anti-hero"-almost-villain. In this episode, she's
shown to care about Turner. I'm not sure I like that.

You left out the whole subplot with Stephanie's parents - if there was
any doubt before, there is no doubt now that Stephanie's dad is
definitely a villain.

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<u3k9aj$1cq68$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185763&group=rec.arts.tv#185763

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 19:46:43 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 12 May 2023 02:46 UTC

On 2023-05-11 03:38:08 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>
>> Gotham Knights
>>
>> An episode where one of the GK is tied up dealing with an addict
>> mother while two of the GK enter a Court of Owls get together to
>> celebrate the finding of the map that will lead them to the substance
>> that will supposedly make them immortal. While the rest of the GK sit
>> in the van listening in to our two heroes stealing the most important
>> map of the Court of Owls from under their noses. Well, not really any
>> noses since they didn't have any one guarding the map/painting. At
>> least not at first.
>
> So they have the map prominently on display for all to see in the court of
> owls ballroom.

Oh, one more thing - this episode again implied that it *was* the
painting they stole in the previous episode that had the map.

Yet, in the previous episode, they claimed they had *checked*, and
found no evidence of anything hidden underneath the painting - so are
the GK's just straight-up incompetent then?! And we're just stupposed
to overlook this little tidbit?!

> Then they have a couple of owl goons take it and put it in
> the side room where it will be unguarded just in case someone wants to
> steal it. Yeah, that makes sense.

It's Court of Owls arrogance!!

> So there’s this map. Apparently it’s made out of metal and yet still very
> flexible. There must be an X on it somewhere marking the spot. Dozens and
> dozens of people have seen it. Doesn’t everybody who was interested know
> where the damn meteor is hidden now?

Maybe you have to do something else to reveal the "X". And the Court
hasn't done that yet... 'cos?... [reasons!!].

>> Then when the Court is going to have the Talon execute Cressida, who
>> betrayed Bruce, our hero decides he can't let her die so he picks up
>> one of the many swords on display and cuts off the Talon's head.
>> (Amazingly easy to kill from behind.)
>
> Yeah, he must have no bones in his neck at all.

Turner's just really strong?!... ;p

>> This puts the Court in disarray with everyone running in different
>> directions which works out well for our heroes but confuses me given
>> that these people apparently deal out death on a regular basis. Guess
>> it's different when it happens in front of you.
>>
>> The show ends with Turner spending time talking to Cressida in the
>> woods and gives the Court time to catch up with them. Rather than
>> killing Turner they take him for some unknown purpose.
>
> Gads that was annoying. Desperately running for their lives they keep
> stopping to exchange exposition.
>
> > We get a couple
>> of reveals such as the Mayor being the leader of the Court and Harvey
>> Dent waking up wearing a bloody Court of Owls mask.
>>
>> Oh, the way they found the meeting of the Court was due to these
>> watches that suddenly start changing time on their own to display a
>> time and a place for the meeting (except that they end up showing
>> different times on two of the watches.)
>
> So a whole bunch of the Court lost their watches. Are they just out of the
> court now?

I was wondering about that too...

> There must be some procedure for reporting stolen and or lost
> and or broken watches. There must be somebody somewhere with a membership
> list. You would think somebody in security would be watching for the
> watches!

Yep. Or punishing the members that lost them!! (Or are they just going
to blame the street gang that took everyone hostage a few episodes
back?!...)

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<i3br5i1uf9sa1lqbfos5m86f80qdn8q7nu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185764&group=rec.arts.tv#185764

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 23:09:17 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 12 May 2023 03:09 UTC

On Thu, 11 May 2023 19:40:26 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-05-11 02:58:04 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> Gotham Knights
>>
>> An episode where one of the GK is tied up dealing with an addict
>> mother while two of the GK enter a Court of Owls get together to
>> celebrate the finding of the map that will lead them to the substance
>> that will supposedly make them immortal. While the rest of the GK sit
>> in the van listening in to our two heroes stealing the most important
>> map of the Court of Owls from under their noses. Well, not really any
>> noses since they didn't have any one guarding the map/painting. At
>> least not at first.
>
>They also are all wearing masks, and this have no real noses!!

So they can't smell the stench coming from the script.

>> Then when the Court is going to have the Talon execute Cressida, who
>> betrayed Bruce, our hero decides he can't let her die so he picks up
>> one of the many swords on display and cuts off the Talon's head.
>> (Amazingly easy to kill from behind.)
>
>I'll give them that one, as Turner had complete element of surprise.

As Anim pointed out even with the element of surprise he shouldn't
have been able to cut off his head. He could kill him but cutting off
the Talon's head with that sword would require tremendous amount of
strength.

>> This puts the Court in disarray with everyone running in different
>> directions which works out well for our heroes but confuses me given
>> that these people apparently deal out death on a regular basis. Guess
>> it's different when it happens in front of you.
>
>Well, their #1 Enforcer just got killed(?) dead(?) in front of them,
>and these people are used to being in control, so... (?...)
>
>> The show ends with Turner spending time talking to Cressida in the
>> woods and gives the Court time to catch up with them.
>
>And, of course, she gives Turner *no* useful intel in the moment!

If she gave him useful intel they might actually move the plot
forward.

>> Rather than
>> killing Turner they take him for some unknown purpose. We get a couple
>> of reveals such as the Mayor
>
>Candidate - he's the rival mayoral candidate to Harvey.
>
>So, this reveals that Lincoln's earlier stabbing was in fact a setup,
>and it was no mistake that he survived.

Which we all suspected, but now we know.

>Lincoln is also the dad of the other private school kid - Stephanie's
>friend - and he literally hasn't been in the last 2 or 3 episodes! Why
>is he "main credit cast" again?!!...

He's connected to someone high up in the studio?

>> being the leader of the Court and Harvey
>> Dent waking up wearing a bloody Court of Owls mask.
>
>So, I've been afraid that they are eventually going to reveal that
>Harvey is actually the Talon - I really hope they don't go there. But
>this episode was more evidence that they may be going there... :/

I don't see how they are going to do it given the height difference
between the Talon and Harvey. Okay, I realize they may not realize
there's a height difference or care but they cast a much taller person
to play the Talon. If they really wanted to connect the two they
needed to have them be of similar height and body type.

>> Oh, the way they found the meeting of the Court was due to these
>> watches that suddenly start changing time on their own to display a
>> time and a place for the meeting (except that they end up showing
>> different times on two of the watches.)
>
>This episode actually featured Duela, and... well, it was a different
>Duela. I'm not sure I like it - this show works better when she's the
>carefree snarky "anti-hero"-almost-villain. In this episode, she's
>shown to care about Turner. I'm not sure I like that.

That's the multiple levels of romance they have cooking between the
GKs. No idea if they actually intend to do anything with that but they
keep it going.

>You left out the whole subplot with Stephanie's parents - if there was
>any doubt before, there is no doubt now that Stephanie's dad is
>definitely a villain.

Um, that was obvious from the first we found that he is the Quiz
Master. We just hadn't seen that side of him. This showed his uncaring
side that fits with someone who takes on the identity of The Riddler.

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<1601562590.705557837.740356.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185766&group=rec.arts.tv#185766

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 21:24:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 12 May 2023 04:24 UTC

> [...]
>
>> Lincoln is also the dad of the other private school kid - Stephanie's
>> friend - and he literally hasn't been in the last 2 or 3 episodes! Why
>> is he "main credit cast" again?!!...
>
> He's connected to someone high up in the studio?
>
>>> being the leader of the Court and Harvey
>>> Dent waking up wearing a bloody Court of Owls mask.
>>
>> So, I've been afraid that they are eventually going to reveal that
>> Harvey is actually the Talon - I really hope they don't go there. But
>> this episode was more evidence that they may be going there... :/
>
> I don't see how they are going to do it given the height difference
> between the Talon and Harvey. Okay, I realize they may not realize
> there's a height difference or care but they cast a much taller person
> to play the Talon. If they really wanted to connect the two they
> needed to have them be of similar height and body type.

I think they pretty much evenEd it up this week.

Re: Gotham Knights Season 1 Episode 8

<u414ho$3kc9p$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186363&group=rec.arts.tv#186363

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 17:44:53 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Tue, 16 May 2023 23:44 UTC

On 2023-05-10 8:58 p.m., shawn wrote:

> Gotham Knights
>
> An episode where one of the GK is tied up dealing with an addict
> mother while two of the GK enter a Court of Owls get together to
> celebrate the finding of the map that will lead them to the substance
> that will supposedly make them immortal. While the rest of the GK sit
> in the van listening in to our two heroes stealing the most important
> map of the Court of Owls from under their noses. Well, not really any
> noses since they didn't have any one guarding the map/painting. At
> least not at first.
>
> Then when the Court is going to have the Talon execute Cressida, who
> betrayed Bruce, our hero decides he can't let her die so he picks up
> one of the many swords on display and cuts off the Talon's head.
> (Amazingly easy to kill from behind.)
>
> This puts the Court in disarray with everyone running in different
> directions which works out well for our heroes but confuses me given
> that these people apparently deal out death on a regular basis. Guess
> it's different when it happens in front of you.

That's pretty realistic.

Fun fact. Despite being a symbol of wisdom owls are some of the
stupidest birds alive and every incarnation of the Court of Owls lives
down to that fun fact.