Some scholars are like donkeys, they merely carry a lot of books. -- Folk saying

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)shawn
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
| +* Accused "Billy's Story" 5/9/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (WednesdayAdam H. Kerman
| |`- Re: Accused "Billy's Story" 5/9/2023 (was: What Did Youanim8rfsk
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
|  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
|  |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
|  | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)shawn
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Adam H. Kerman
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Adam H. Kerman
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Adam H. Kerman
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Adam H. Kerman
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)BTR1701
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)Adam H. Kerman

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3inni$13jl1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185671&group=rec.arts.tv#185671

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 05:40:18 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 11 May 2023 12:40 UTC

On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:

soaps: DOOL - Tues' ep. I am enjoying them sticking Chloe with Xander -
some of the exasperated looks she gets as reaction shots to Xander are
pretty amusing... Jada learns from Xander that sister Talia is
"shacking up" with some "scruffy jerk", and immediately follows up
after getting the deets from Xander - no idea how the "jerk" is going
to get out from under this. And Rafe fills Abe and Paulina in on Jada's
"Talia theory", and I think Paulina might be suspicious now. I've got
to think Talia is going to get busted any second now... It looks like
Wendy Shin is heading home after playing kissy face with Tripp - if she
had any intergrity, she'd be honest and dump Johnny's ass.
GH - Wed's ep. Everyone thinks Ned Q. turned in Carly and Drew, but
at the end, he at least gets Brook Lynn to believe him that he didn't
do it. (Also, Tracy tries to convince Drew to drop the dime on Carly!
Ha!!) Even Drew sort of seems to believe Ned. (How long will it take
Drew and Carly to figure out Nina did it?!) Maxie is going to make
Sasha go back on the air (did they show us Brook Lynn quitting the
company before?!...). Portia rings her hands about Trina with Spencer
to Taggart.

NBA Playoffs - Golden State staves off being eliminated with a good
effort the whole game. (It helped that the Lakers didn't play very
well...) But GH is still down 2-3, and have to win both Game 6 and 7,
after having won this Game 5, to win and advance. Seems like a tall
order...

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<m0qp5i127am1sbmedvlg7qgmi1d32ksebq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185674&group=rec.arts.tv#185674

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 09:09:45 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 11 May 2023 13:09 UTC

On Thu, 11 May 2023 05:40:18 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
>to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:
>
>soaps: DOOL - Tues' ep. I am enjoying them sticking Chloe with Xander -
>some of the exasperated looks she gets as reaction shots to Xander are
>pretty amusing... Jada learns from Xander that sister Talia is
>"shacking up" with some "scruffy jerk", and immediately follows up
>after getting the deets from Xander - no idea how the "jerk" is going
>to get out from under this. And Rafe fills Abe and Paulina in on Jada's
>"Talia theory", and I think Paulina might be suspicious now. I've got
>to think Talia is going to get busted any second now... It looks like
>Wendy Shin is heading home after playing kissy face with Tripp - if she
>had any intergrity, she'd be honest and dump Johnny's ass.
> GH - Wed's ep. Everyone thinks Ned Q. turned in Carly and Drew, but
>at the end, he at least gets Brook Lynn to believe him that he didn't
>do it. (Also, Tracy tries to convince Drew to drop the dime on Carly!
>Ha!!) Even Drew sort of seems to believe Ned. (How long will it take
>Drew and Carly to figure out Nina did it?!) Maxie is going to make
>Sasha go back on the air (did they show us Brook Lynn quitting the
>company before?!...). Portia rings her hands about Trina with Spencer
>to Taggart.
>
>NBA Playoffs - Golden State staves off being eliminated with a good
>effort the whole game. (It helped that the Lakers didn't play very
>well...) But GH is still down 2-3, and have to win both Game 6 and 7,
>after having won this Game 5, to win and advance. Seems like a tall
>order...
>

>What did you watch?

In addition to what I've mentioned in my other posts I also watched
last night's Survivor. With the loss of the last person I cared to see
win the show has become less interesting but at least we got to see
lots of drama over the vote from last week and Carolyn's being left
out of that vote. Not that it changed anything. Then we also saw the
tribe come together to take out a threat but not to go after the real
threat, Tika. Ideally they would have split their votes between Carson
and Carolyn so that even if an idol was played, one of them would be
going home. Now they've got even more power over the votes going
forward and are very likely to get to the final three together.

Though the scene from next week suggests they will go after each
other, but I bet that is just a bit of misdirection.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3itvg$149f2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185678&group=rec.arts.tv#185678

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 07:26:57 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 11 May 2023 14:26 UTC

On 5/11/2023 5:40 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
> to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Tues' ep. I am enjoying them sticking Chloe with Xander -
> some of the exasperated looks she gets as reaction shots to Xander are
> pretty amusing... Jada learns from Xander that sister Talia is "shacking
> up" with some "scruffy jerk", and immediately follows up after getting
> the deets from Xander - no idea how the "jerk" is going to get out from
> under this. And Rafe fills Abe and Paulina in on Jada's "Talia theory",
> and I think Paulina might be suspicious now. I've got to think Talia is
> going to get busted any second now... It looks like Wendy Shin is
> heading home after playing kissy face with Tripp - if she had any
> intergrity, she'd be honest and dump Johnny's ass.
>   GH - Wed's ep. Everyone thinks Ned Q. turned in Carly and Drew, but
> at the end, he at least gets Brook Lynn to believe him that he didn't do
> it. (Also, Tracy tries to convince Drew to drop the dime on Carly! Ha!!)
> Even Drew sort of seems to believe Ned. (How long will it take Drew and
> Carly to figure out Nina did it?!) Maxie is going to make Sasha go back
> on the air (did they show us Brook Lynn quitting the company
> before?!...). Portia rings her hands about Trina with Spencer to Taggart.
>
> NBA Playoffs - Golden State staves off being eliminated with a good
> effort the whole game. (It helped that the Lakers didn't play very
> well...) But GH is still down 2-3, and have to win both Game 6 and 7,
> after having won this Game 5, to win and advance. Seems like a tall
> order...
>

> What did you watch?

Stargate SG-1, S4E10 'Beneath the Surface' (DVD)
"In an underground power plant, Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c are workers
and do not know each other. Out of the blue, Teal'c has a glimpse of his
past memory of the SG-1 and is captured by guards and brain washed to
forget again his memories. Soon the viewer learns that the SG-1 had
traveled to a planet to negotiate exchange of technology with
Administrator Calder. However Jack finds slavery in the planet where
workers have hard labor in the underground to give comfort to the upper
class on the surface, protected from the cold weather by a dome. Jack
refuses to deal with Calder and the SG-1 is abducted and submitted to an
amnesia treatment to work in the underground under the command of
Brenna. Meanwhile General Hammond is lured by Calder that tells that Sam
and Daniel had insisted to go outside the dome with Jack and Teal'c.
What will happen to the SG-1?"

Colonel Jack O'Neill: I remember something. There's a man. He's bald and
wears a short sleeved shirt. And somehow he's very important to me. I
think his name is... Homer.

Trivia: The firearms used by the guards near the end of the episode are
repainted versions of the old console light-gun: the Nintendo Zapper.

The obligatory commentary. Director and FX supervisor. There is a lot
of discussion about what other shows and movies they ripped off to write
the episodes. In this case a lot of 'Metropolis'. Carter has a new
haircut and RIP Teal'c's blonde chin caterpillar.

-----------------

Stargate SG-1, S4E11 'Point of No Return' (DVD)
"The SGC is contacted by a strange man called Martin, a conspiracy
theorist who believes he is an alien. The question is, how does Martin
know about the Stargate and how come he has a gate address and is he
being drugged by others?"

Martin Lloyd: A top secret government program involving instantaneous
travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a Stargate.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Sounds like a good idea for a TV show. If you're
into that sort of thing.

[Marty has handed Jack a toothpick]
Martin Lloyd: I propped it up against the inside of my door. When I got
home, it was on the ground, meaning someone was there.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: If you prop it up against the inside of the door,
how do you get out?
Martin Lloyd: Through the window! You think I'm so stupid I go out my
own front door?

Trivia: This is the first episode of Stargate SG1 where Teal'c's human
nickname "Murray" is used.
Wilie Garson, who plays Martin, an alien who comes off as a paranoid
conspiracy theorist, goes on to play Mozzie in the show White Collar.
Mozzie is a paranoid conspiracy theorist

Teal'c is addicted to the Magic Fingers vibrating motel beds. O_o
Headline on the front page of 'Whistle Blower' that Teal'c is reading:
"Headless alien found in topless bar".

Commentary by the director, DP and the two writers. Oh my ghod. The
idea for this episode came from fans of the show discussing the
possibility that the show was part of a cover-up of a real Stargate
program. O_O ROFLMAO. The catering on set is apparently very good
as the commentators say they prefer days when they shoot on set because
of the lunches. They don't get catering when shooting on site.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3j1m3$14lq5$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185688&group=rec.arts.tv#185688

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 15:30:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 May 2023 15:30 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
>to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:

I filed tax returns timely without extensions. Usually I file on
extension. I was more efficient this time.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3j1sd$14lq5$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185689&group=rec.arts.tv#185689

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 15:33:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 May 2023 15:33 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>. . .

>Teal'c is addicted to the Magic Fingers vibrating motel beds. O_o
>Headline on the front page of 'Whistle Blower' that Teal'c is reading:
>"Headless alien found in topless bar".

Hahahaha

Isn't that from a real headline from a London newspaper? Ah. It's from a
1983 headline in the New York Post.

I think tapas should be served at topless bars.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3j5fm$15766$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185691&group=rec.arts.tv#185691

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 09:35:02 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 11 May 2023 16:35 UTC

On 2023-05-11 15:30:11 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
>> to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:
>
> I filed tax returns timely without extensions. Usually I file on
> extension. I was more efficient this time.

So did I. But I owed MONEY... Like, a lot.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3j6qu$15blk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185692&group=rec.arts.tv#185692

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 16:58:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 May 2023 16:58 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-05-11 15:30:11 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
>>>to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:

>>I filed tax returns timely without extensions. Usually I file on
>>extension. I was more efficient this time.

>So did I. But I owed MONEY... Like, a lot.

Thank you for paying off the national debt.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3j9r5$15o3i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185693&group=rec.arts.tv#185693

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 09:30:08 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 11 May 2023 16:30 UTC

On 5/11/2023 6:09 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 11 May 2023 05:40:18 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
>> to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL - Tues' ep. I am enjoying them sticking Chloe with Xander -
>> some of the exasperated looks she gets as reaction shots to Xander are
>> pretty amusing... Jada learns from Xander that sister Talia is
>> "shacking up" with some "scruffy jerk", and immediately follows up
>> after getting the deets from Xander - no idea how the "jerk" is going
>> to get out from under this. And Rafe fills Abe and Paulina in on Jada's
>> "Talia theory", and I think Paulina might be suspicious now. I've got
>> to think Talia is going to get busted any second now... It looks like
>> Wendy Shin is heading home after playing kissy face with Tripp - if she
>> had any intergrity, she'd be honest and dump Johnny's ass.
>> GH - Wed's ep. Everyone thinks Ned Q. turned in Carly and Drew, but
>> at the end, he at least gets Brook Lynn to believe him that he didn't
>> do it. (Also, Tracy tries to convince Drew to drop the dime on Carly!
>> Ha!!) Even Drew sort of seems to believe Ned. (How long will it take
>> Drew and Carly to figure out Nina did it?!) Maxie is going to make
>> Sasha go back on the air (did they show us Brook Lynn quitting the
>> company before?!...). Portia rings her hands about Trina with Spencer
>> to Taggart.
>>
>> NBA Playoffs - Golden State staves off being eliminated with a good
>> effort the whole game. (It helped that the Lakers didn't play very
>> well...) But GH is still down 2-3, and have to win both Game 6 and 7,
>> after having won this Game 5, to win and advance. Seems like a tall
>> order...
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> In addition to what I've mentioned in my other posts I also watched
> last night's Survivor.

Still making my way through this.

I watched:

Accused - "Billy's Story" - In the season (series?) finale there was a
very convoluted murder trial where they intentionally kept every detail
about what actually happened vague until a minute before the verdict.
Not that they showed much of the trial. Most of the episode dealt with
an "aging rock star" dealing with his drug addict kid. And for
ridiculously convoluted reasons they managed to put the rock star on
trial for his kid's drug overdose.

The Flash - "A New World, Part Two" - I don't know what was going on. I
give up!

Star Wars: Visions (Disney+) Season 2 of the animated Star Wars
anthology show. I watched the first 3 episodes.

"Sith" - A female sith tries to leave the order and start a new life but
her old master has other plans for her. OK episode with a very
interesting animation style that I was never sure if it was CGI or hand
drawn using paints.

"Screecher's Reach" - I didn't give this one my full attention and by
the end I wasn't paying any attention. But seemed like it was OK.

"In the Stars" - By the time this one started I was already not paying
any attention but again, it seemed like it was OK. Don't blame the show
for my being preoccupied with other things.

Accused "Billy's Story" 5/9/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday))

<u3jbta$15v9a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185696&group=rec.arts.tv#185696

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Accused "Billy's Story" 5/9/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday))
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 18:24:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 11 May 2023 18:24 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>Accused - "Billy's Story" - In the season (series?) finale there was a
>very convoluted murder trial where they intentionally kept every detail
>about what actually happened vague until a minute before the verdict.
>Not that they showed much of the trial. Most of the episode dealt with
>an "aging rock star" dealing with his drug addict kid. And for
>ridiculously convoluted reasons they managed to put the rock star on
>trial for his kid's drug overdose.

Fine. I watched this. I'll comment. Generally the whole series was
almost total shit. I didn't care for the out-of-sequence story telling
and keeping the secret of what the crime was and who the victim was. It
wasn't always murder.

We saw Keith Carradine. I recognized the voice but not the bald head.
Was he supposed to look like he'd been on chemotherapy? Well, they
didn't even try. If the actor is truly completely bald these days, they
could have shaved him further to make it look like hair had fallen out
due to chemo treatments, or just given him poorly healed blotchy skin
with makeup that is so typical of cancer patients on chemo.

That his cancer was late stage and whether he'd continue to benefit from
aggressive treatment was kind of a plot point.

The trial was stupid, with an over-the-top prosecutor showing us the
guy's pattern of violence. Well, the rock star pleaded guilty. There
would have been a plea deal and the prosecutor wouldn't have done any of
that shit except for the artificial creation of drama.

I'm not sure how the son was still alive as he was in, what, the 15th
year of his addition. Addicts who are not in recovery are highly
unlikely to live that long. At no point was the son ever in recovery
each time he got let out of having dried out. In an early scene, when he
was accompanied by an orderly, I thought the father had hired him to
keep the son out of trouble given how likely he was to slip.

The problem was this guy didn't just overdose. Each and every time
things got bad for him, he tried to take out innocent people with his
suicide attempts, like his younger brother's kid or his own kid or his
parents as he kept setting fires.

I thought it was telegraphed early that the rock star had made a false
confession. Was the actual perpetrator going to be his grandchild or his
wife? Turned out to be his wife.

The part of the story about the rock star's son demanding that he
include a song he'd written years ago that the rock star never wanted to
record but the son liked was incredibly stupid. Well, the son was a
musician in his own right (between overdoses). Why wasn't the obvious
solution selling the son full rights to the song for $1 so he could
record it, since the song meant something to the son?

Re: Accused "Billy's Story" 5/9/2023 (was: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday))

<1534301823.705527436.675970.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185700&group=rec.arts.tv#185700

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Accused "Billy's Story" 5/9/2023 (was: What Did You
Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday))
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 12:54:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 11 May 2023 19:54 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> Accused - "Billy's Story" - In the season (series?) finale there was a
>> very convoluted murder trial where they intentionally kept every detail
>> about what actually happened vague until a minute before the verdict.
>> Not that they showed much of the trial. Most of the episode dealt with
>> an "aging rock star" dealing with his drug addict kid. And for
>> ridiculously convoluted reasons they managed to put the rock star on
>> trial for his kid's drug overdose.
>
> Fine. I watched this. I'll comment. Generally the whole series was
> almost total shit. I didn't care for the out-of-sequence story telling
> and keeping the secret of what the crime was and who the victim was. It
> wasn't always murder.
>
> We saw Keith Carradine. I recognized the voice but not the bald head.
> Was he supposed to look like he'd been on chemotherapy? Well, they
> didn't even try. If the actor is truly completely bald these days, they
> could have shaved him further to make it look like hair had fallen out
> due to chemo treatments, or just given him poorly healed blotchy skin
> with makeup that is so typical of cancer patients on chemo.

Keith Carradine in 1972:

https://cdnmetv.metv.com/Lyh6d-1489697996-8045-list_items-kungfu_carradines.png
Yes,

> That his cancer was late stage and whether he'd continue to benefit from
> aggressive treatment was kind of a plot point.
>
> The trial was stupid, with an over-the-top prosecutor showing us the
> guy's pattern of violence. Well, the rock star pleaded guilty. There
> would have been a plea deal and the prosecutor wouldn't have done any of
> that shit except for the artificial creation of drama.
>
> I'm not sure how the son was still alive as he was in, what, the 15th
> year of his addition. Addicts who are not in recovery are highly
> unlikely to live that long. At no point was the son ever in recovery
> each time he got let out of having dried out. In an early scene, when he
> was accompanied by an orderly, I thought the father had hired him to
> keep the son out of trouble given how likely he was to slip.
>
> The problem was this guy didn't just overdose. Each and every time
> things got bad for him, he tried to take out innocent people with his
> suicide attempts, like his younger brother's kid or his own kid or his
> parents as he kept setting fires.
>
> I thought it was telegraphed early that the rock star had made a false
> confession. Was the actual perpetrator going to be his grandchild or his
> wife? Turned out to be his wife.
>
> The part of the story about the rock star's son demanding that he
> include a song he'd written years ago that the rock star never wanted to
> record but the son liked was incredibly stupid. Well, the son was a
> musician in his own right (between overdoses). Why wasn't the obvious
> solution selling the son full rights to the song for $1 so he could
> record it, since the song meant something to the son?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<27105985.705527560.289084.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185701&group=rec.arts.tv#185701

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 12:54:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 11 May 2023 19:54 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 5/11/2023 6:09 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 May 2023 05:40:18 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
>>> to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:
>>>
>>> soaps: DOOL - Tues' ep. I am enjoying them sticking Chloe with Xander -
>>> some of the exasperated looks she gets as reaction shots to Xander are
>>> pretty amusing... Jada learns from Xander that sister Talia is
>>> "shacking up" with some "scruffy jerk", and immediately follows up
>>> after getting the deets from Xander - no idea how the "jerk" is going
>>> to get out from under this. And Rafe fills Abe and Paulina in on Jada's
>>> "Talia theory", and I think Paulina might be suspicious now. I've got
>>> to think Talia is going to get busted any second now... It looks like
>>> Wendy Shin is heading home after playing kissy face with Tripp - if she
>>> had any intergrity, she'd be honest and dump Johnny's ass.
>>> GH - Wed's ep. Everyone thinks Ned Q. turned in Carly and Drew, but
>>> at the end, he at least gets Brook Lynn to believe him that he didn't
>>> do it. (Also, Tracy tries to convince Drew to drop the dime on Carly!
>>> Ha!!) Even Drew sort of seems to believe Ned. (How long will it take
>>> Drew and Carly to figure out Nina did it?!) Maxie is going to make
>>> Sasha go back on the air (did they show us Brook Lynn quitting the
>>> company before?!...). Portia rings her hands about Trina with Spencer
>>> to Taggart.
>>>
>>> NBA Playoffs - Golden State staves off being eliminated with a good
>>> effort the whole game. (It helped that the Lakers didn't play very
>>> well...) But GH is still down 2-3, and have to win both Game 6 and 7,
>>> after having won this Game 5, to win and advance. Seems like a tall
>>> order...
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> In addition to what I've mentioned in my other posts I also watched
>> last night's Survivor.
>

> Still making my way through this.
>

> I watched:
>

> Accused - "Billy's Story" - In the season (series?) finale there was a
> very convoluted murder trial where they intentionally kept every detail
> about what actually happened vague until a minute before the verdict.
> Not that they showed much of the trial. Most of the episode dealt with
> an "aging rock star" dealing with his drug addict kid. And for
> ridiculously convoluted reasons they managed to put the rock star on
> trial for his kid's drug overdose.
>

> The Flash - "A New World, Part Two" - I don't know what was going on. I
> give up!

It was the worst flash ever!

I have no idea what was going on. I didn’t even know what stuff I was
supposed to know and didn’t know as opposed to what stuff they knew I
wouldn’t know!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3ji2j$16l5o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185702&group=rec.arts.tv#185702

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 13:09:55 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 11 May 2023 20:09 UTC

On 2023-05-11 16:58:06 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I filed tax returns timely without extensions. Usually I file on
>>> extension. I was more efficient this time.
>
>> So did I. But I owed MONEY... Like, a lot.
>
> Thank you for paying off the national debt.

What about MY debts?!?!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3jihe$16n1g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185704&group=rec.arts.tv#185704

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 13:17:50 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 11 May 2023 20:17 UTC

On 2023-05-11 16:30:08 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> I watched:
>

> Accused - "Billy's Story" - In the season (series?) finale...

I believe Fox has already renewed this one.

> The Flash - "A New World, Part Two" - I don't know what was going on.
> I give up!

Anim watches this, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO!!! (Ha!) ;)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<KbqdnafEpMyN_cD5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185715&group=rec.arts.tv#185715

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 21:37:20 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 11 May 2023 21:37 UTC

On May 11, 2023 at 5:40:18 AM PDT, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
> to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:

You and me both, buddy.

Back when I was working, the FedGov automatically deducted my state taxes and
sent them to California, so I was pretty much all paid up come April. Not so
with my pension. The feds still take their taste off the top, but it's up to
me now to cut Gavin a check every April for all the state taxes that were not
taken out over the past year and that check gets *significantly* larger every
year. ('Cause we have health care for illegal aliens to pay for, dontcha
know!)

I made a deal with the girlfriend that I'd stick it out here until she vested
her own retirement if, after that, we could move to Nevada or Texas or
Florida. She agreed but with Emperor Newsom on the loose I don't if I can make
it that long.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<1136746283.705534484.851884.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185725&group=rec.arts.tv#185725

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 14:55:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 11 May 2023 21:55 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-11 16:30:08 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>
>> I watched:
>>

>> Accused - "Billy's Story" - In the season (series?) finale...
>
> I believe Fox has already renewed this one.

If you read Robin on the Facebook, you’d know for sure

>> The Flash - "A New World, Part Two" - I don't know what was going on.
>> I give up!
>
> Anim watches this, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO!!! (Ha!) ;)

They said last night “only two more episodes to go“

Then will I be free of The CW entirely?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3jtdp$17t7d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185740&group=rec.arts.tv#185740

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 16:23:40 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 11 May 2023 23:23 UTC

On 5/11/2023 2:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-05-11 16:30:08 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:
>>
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Accused - "Billy's Story" - In the season (series?) finale...
>>
>> I believe Fox has already renewed this one.
>
> If you read Robin on the Facebook, you’d know for sure
>

>>> The Flash - "A New World, Part Two" - I don't know what was going on.
>>> I give up!
>>
>> Anim watches this, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO!!! (Ha!) ;)
>>

> They said last night “only two more episodes to go“
>
> Then will I be free of The CW entirely?

No. You will never be free of The CW. It will haunt you into the
afterlife.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<n6vq5ihpkut1q55gbuevuktfrb96vnorqd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185742&group=rec.arts.tv#185742

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 19:40:53 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 11 May 2023 23:40 UTC

On Thu, 11 May 2023 16:23:40 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 5/11/2023 2:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I believe Fox has already renewed this one.
>>
>> If you read Robin on the Facebook, you’d know for sure

>>> Anim watches this, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO!!! (Ha!) ;)
>>>

>> They said last night “only two more episodes to go“
>>
>> Then will I be free of The CW entirely?
>>
>No. You will never be free of The CW. It will haunt you into the
>afterlife.

He will find himself forced to work for The CW in the afterlife making
cheap animation ducks for them forever. Bwahahaha!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3k4h9$18ggr$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185754&group=rec.arts.tv#185754

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 01:24:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 12 May 2023 01:24 UTC

https://deadline.com/2023/03/accused-alert-missing-persons-unit-renewed-season-2-fox-1235308339/

>>. . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-10 (Wednesday)

<u3k5ci$18mjd$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185757&group=rec.arts.tv#185757

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 01:39:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 12 May 2023 01:39 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On May 11, 2023 at 5:40:18 AM PDT, "Ian J. Ball" <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>On the day I started crawling out of my 2022 taxes hole, and continued
>>to work towards wrapping up grading for the semester, I watched:

>You and me both, buddy.

>Back when I was working, the FedGov automatically deducted my state taxes and
>sent them to California, so I was pretty much all paid up come April. Not so
>with my pension. The feds still take their taste off the top, but it's up to
>me now to cut Gavin a check every April for all the state taxes that were not
>taken out over the past year and that check gets *significantly* larger every
>year. ('Cause we have health care for illegal aliens to pay for, dontcha
>know!)

>I made a deal with the girlfriend that I'd stick it out here until she vested
>her own retirement if, after that, we could move to Nevada or Texas or
>Florida. She agreed but with Emperor Newsom on the loose I don't if I can make
>it that long.

Illinois doesn't tax pensions nor distributions from IRAs. But if you
tell Pritzker you were an illegal alien shipped here by Gov. Abbot, you
get free health care.

Retire here.