Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 06:28:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 14:28 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>>> There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.

>> What do you find "rushed," in terms of style, tone, or anything else, about Kabeba's poem?

>> I get the impression that it was written slowly, by a man seeking out unusual synonyms to use for every other word.

Like I said, an onrush of words, read some Jack Kerouac and report back then, since it's obvious to all that Jack Kerouac set this form of poetry in motion, followed up by Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, and hundreds more poets to the present day.

"After me, the Deluge." -Jack Kerouac

And so it goes.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<2bac3b02-78e9-4c3b-b742-b5a244af255bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185917&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185917

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 07:52:47 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 15:52 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 9:28:11 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:
>
> > Will Dockery wrote:

> >> What do you find "rushed," in terms of style, tone, or anything else, about Kabeba's poem?
>
> >> I get the impression that it was written slowly, by a man seeking out unusual synonyms to use for every other word.
> Like I said, an onrush of words, read some Jack Kerouac and report back then, since it's obvious to all that Jack Kerouac set this form of poetry in motion, followed up by Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, and hundreds more poets to the present day.
>
> "After me, the Deluge." -Jack Kerouac
>
> And so it goes.

Damn, but you're an idiot!

Where is this "deluge" in Kabeba's poem?

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<34069029-9cbd-464c-a21d-80e8b38c3a29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185979&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185979

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 12:22:21 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Sun, 4 Dec 2022 20:22 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 9:28:11 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:
>
> > Will Dockery wrote:

> >> What do you find "rushed," in terms of style, tone, or anything else, about Kabeba's poem?
>
> >> I get the impression that it was written slowly, by a man seeking out unusual synonyms to use for every other word.
> Like I said, an onrush of words, read some Jack Kerouac and report back then, since it's obvious to all that Jack Kerouac set this form of poetry in motion, followed up by Allen Ginsberg, Gregory Corso, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, and hundreds more poets to the present day.
>
> "After me, the Deluge." -Jack Kerouac
>
> And so it goes.

https://www.beatdom.com/after-me-the-deluge-considering-kerouacs-final-statement/

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<e18d303cac053d6da6c2af5eb2c162d7@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187732&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#187732

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 23:29:18 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Tue, 13 Dec 2022 23:29 UTC

Good find, Zod.

:)