If imprinted foil seal under cap is broken or missing when purchased, do not use.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
|+* Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
||`- Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
|`- Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
+- Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
`* Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
 +- Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
 `* Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
  +- Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
  `- Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk

1
May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<2038823209.705740550.636660.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186050&group=rec.arts.tv#186050

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 00:04:09 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 14 May 2023 07:04 UTC

May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, May 13

Nightalk (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

Brenda is a detective investigating the murder of a young woman, who she
discovers was an active member of Nightalk, an online dating app. Brenda
signs up for more than she anticipated when she goes undercover on the app
and develops a steamy phone relationship with a man with secrets of his
own. As their connection intensifies, she is caught between solving the
case and coming to terms with her own hidden desires. 1h 30m. Stars Ashley
Bryant, Al Mukadam and Ted Hallett.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11350068/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLwcsT0nBHw

https://tubitv.com/movies/100001988/nightalk?start=true

Maid for Revenge (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When a struggling young maid wakes up next to her client’s pool covered in
blood, she discovers the owner dead in the water and her eight-year-old
son’s life is in jeopardy. With no memory of what happened, she races to
uncover the truth. Inspired by true events. Stars Kathryn Kohut and Matt
Wells.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/maid-for-revenge

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27685740/

Dream Moms (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Two moms whose Broadway dreams got deferred enter a TV talent show
competition together and learn that it's never too late to become what or
who you want to be. Stars Tamera Mowry-Housley, Chelsea Hobbs, and Roger
Cross.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/dream-moms

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27357149/

David Attenborough's Global Adventure (special) (8-9 pm,
BBC America)

David Attenborough explores the rise of life on our planet, from the
explosion of first life on seabeds hundreds of millions of years ago to
life today. 2021 documentary.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15681886/

XFL Championship Game (live event) (8-11 pm, ABC)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_XFL_Championship_Game

Sunday, May 14

2 Moms, 1 Mic (comedy special) (12:01 am, Prime Video)

https://www.rock101lubbock.com/momics-kaela-crawford-selina-ringel-on-their-amazon-prime-special-2-moms-1-mic-premiering-may-14th/

Mercy Falls (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

A group of friends set off into the Scottish Highlands in search of a
long-lost cabin. Far from civilization, an unforeseen tragedy befalls the
group and one bad decision leads to suspicion, betrayal and murder. Stars
Lauren Lyle, Nicolette McKeown and James Watterson.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14360728/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk6BEE_JZvA

https://twitter.com/mercyfallsmovie

When Love Blooms (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Romance blossoms between a risk management analyst and a florist as they
prepare for a flower competition. 2021 Canadian film starring Sarah Power
and Thomas Cadrot.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14717110/

https://uptv.com/movies/when-love-blooms/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt8EpnRhIP4

Fear the Walking Dead (final season 8 premiere) (9 pm,
AMC)

The eighth and final season—which jumps forward in time by seven years—will
be split in half, with the first batch of six episodes starting today and a
second group of six airing in late 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58j16ansB9M

https://collider.com/fear-the-walking-dead-season-8-review/

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead/season-8

East New York (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CBS)

The Cube (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, TBS)

Game show hosted by former NBA star Dwyane Wade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hjVxMONAmc

Superstar: Elizabeth Taylor (special) (10 pm, ABC)

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/superstar-elizabeth-taylor-sunday-109c-abc-99263497

https://people.com/movies/superstar-elizabeth-taylor-abc-news-special-trailer-exclusive/

Amityville: An Origin Story (limited series finale) (10 pm,
MGM+)

Waco: The Aftermath (limited series finale) (10 pm,
Showtime)

Monday, May 15

9-1-1 (season 6 finale; renewed for season 7 on ABC) (8 pm,
Fox)

All American (season 5 finale; renewed for season 6) (8 pm,
CW)

American Idol (special) (9-11 pm, ABC)

What does it take to become the next American Idol? Featuring
never-before-seen footage of this season's finalists, this special episode
takes a deeper look at the journeys from hometown to Hollywood for this
season's contestants.

Britney Spears: The Price of Freedom (special) (9-10 pm,
Fox)

The all-new special TMZ Investigates: Britney Spears: The Price of Freedom
gives viewers an exclusive look at Britney's life a year and a half since
her conservatorship ended. The revelations include details about her deeply
troubled marriage, family estrangement, alarming behavior, failed
intervention and how she continues to be an enduring force in the music
industry. The special will also break down how the singer spends her days
and reveal concern among those closest to her that she's a danger to
herself and others.

That's My Jam (season 2 finale) (10 pm, NBC)

Tuesday, May 16

Streaming:

Zarna Garg: One in a Billion (comedy special) (12:01 am,
Prime Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKnrunFQywg

La Chica Invisible [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am,
Hulu)

Seventeen-year-old Aurora has been murdered at the high school during
Cárdena's local festivities. Two investigations are opened in parallel, an
official one by Civil Guard lieutenant Miguel Ángel and an informal one by
his daughter Julia, the victim's classmate. Father and daughter will start
to put the puzzle together and embark on a journey full of enigmas, clues
and traps. Spanish series; eight 36-minute episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowciB1lsx0

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21194996/ [as "The Invisible Girl"]

Anna Nicole Smith: You Don't Know Me (documentary) (3:01
am, Netflix)

From director Ursula Macfarlane (Untouchable) and producer Alexandra Lacey
comes an unflinching and humanizing examination of the life, death, and
secrets of Vickie Lynn Hogan--better known as model and actress Anna Nicole
Smith. From her first appearance in Playboy in 1992, Anna Nicole’s dizzying
ascent was the very essence of the American dream, brought to a tragic halt
with her untimely passing in 2007. With access to never-before-seen
footage, home movies, and interviews with key figures who have not spoken
out until now, this film reveals new insights into the story of the
quintessential blonde bombshell hardly anyone really knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p-0WRVZ-Pc

https://www.netflix.com/title/81380540

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Nicole_Smith

Sleeping Beauties (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

After summoning the ghost of her deceased husband, a pregnant widow
unwittingly awakens the inhabitants of the haunted mansion where she works.
Stars Intan Kieflie, Jeffery Richards, and Mandie Combe. 1h 30m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkT7W1AumYY

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10211984/

Broadcast and cable:

9-1-1: Lone Star (season 4 finale; renewed for season 5) (8
and 9 pm, two episodes, Fox)

Angel City [new; documentary miniseries] (9 pm, HBO)

This three-part look at L.A.'s professional women's soccer team airs across
three consecutive nights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyRanKe-rFc

CMT Crossroads - The Black Crowes & Darius Rucker (special)
(10 PM, CMT)

Wednesday, May 17

Streaming:

Queenmaker: The Making of an It Girl (documentary) (12:01
am, Hulu)

In the height of heiress-era NYC, an anonymous blogger infiltrated
Manhattan's elite, brings socialite celebrity to new heights. When the
website creator was unmasked, the mastermind was not the one anybody
expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0et1dbiEBP4

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27447483/

https://press.hulu.com/shows/queenmaker-the-making-of-an-it-girl/

High Desert [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

Patricia Arquette plays a recovering addict turned unlikely private
investigator in the small California desert town of Yucca Valley in a dark
comedy created by a pair of Nurse Jackie writers, Nancy Fichman and
Jennifer Hoppe, along with Miss Congeniality co-writer Katie Ford. Rupert
Friend, Bernadette Peters, Matt Dillon, and Brad Garrett also star. Jay
Roach (Austin Powers, Meet the Parents)—a late replacement for Ben Stiller,
who remains as a producer—directs all eight episodes, the first three of
which stream today. The remaining five stream weekly through June 21.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<1667392671.705744314.747881.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186067&group=rec.arts.tv#186067

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 02:01:13 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 14 May 2023 09:01 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, May 13
>

> Nightalk (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

It’s Ian‘s fault that Robin is now including these Tubi movies, right?

> Sunday, May 14
>

> Mercy Falls (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

It’s Ian‘s fault that Robin is now including these Tubi movies, right?

> When Love Blooms (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets up!

> Romance blossoms between a risk management analyst and a florist as they
> prepare for a flower competition. 2021 Canadian film starring Sarah Power
> and Thomas Cadrot.

Sarah Power? OK I’ll do a search…

OK this is sort of interesting. It says I get it on Tubi!
Free, in SD. Or I could watch it on UP faith and family for five bucks a
month.

I push “play”

Wow. This is absolutely horrid. At the two minute and 20 second mark, which
I think includes the opening commercials, I am completely ready to bail.

Completely formula fair, where corporate woman with Asian best friend (who
will literally phone in her part) has to go home to small town for a while,
where she instantly meets guy.

While it’s formula it’s also wildly inapt. In every aspect. The only
original thing is that instead of the guy being typically charming he’s an
obnoxious jerk. Not making me root for them to get together.

> Fear the Walking Dead (final season 8 premiere) (9 pm,
> AMC)
>
> The eighth and final season—which jumps forward in time by seven years—will
> be split in half, with the first batch of six episodes starting today and a
> second group of six airing in late 2023.

Hey, BTR, I bet that seven years further into the future the cars will all
still start right up!

> Monday, May 15

> Tuesday, May 16
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Wednesday, May 17
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Thursday, May 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Good Trouble (season 5 spring finale) (10 pm, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Friday, May 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Getback (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

It’s Ian‘s fault that Robin is now including these Tubi movies, right?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Blue Bloods (season 13 finale; renewed for season 14) (10
> pm, CBS)

What will Baker wear?

> (end)

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u3r0j0$2lvdf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186088&group=rec.arts.tv#186088

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_May_13-19,_2023:_Robin’s_selected___programming
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 09:00:32 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 14 May 2023 16:00 UTC

On 2023-05-14 07:04:09 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, May 13
>

> Nightalk (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Brenda is a detective investigating the murder of a young woman, who she
> discovers was an active member of Nightalk, an online dating app. Brenda
> signs up for more than she anticipated when she goes undercover on the app
> and develops a steamy phone relationship with a man with secrets of his
> own. As their connection intensifies, she is caught between solving the
> case and coming to terms with her own hidden desires. 1h 30m. Stars Ashley
> Bryant, Al Mukadam and Ted Hallett.

And there it is!!

I have no idea who Ashley Bryant is - she doesn't have much of a Filmography...

Anyway, I will likely get to this at some point.

> Maid for Revenge (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When a struggling young maid wakes up next to her client’s pool covered in
> blood, she discovers the owner dead in the water and her eight-year-old
> son’s life is in jeopardy. With no memory of what happened, she races to
> uncover the truth. Inspired by true events. Stars Kathryn Kohut and Matt
> Wells.

I watched this. It was OK - the "twist" really wasn't much of one, as
it was kind of obvious. Also, it kind of sucks that they made Kohut's
character innocent of the DUI in the vehicular manslaughter - it would
have made for a more interesting movie if she had been guilty...

> Dream Moms (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Two moms whose Broadway dreams got deferred enter a TV talent show
> competition together and learn that it's never too late to become what or
> who you want to be. Stars Tamera Mowry-Housley, Chelsea Hobbs, and Roger
> Cross.

I like Hobbs, and Cross, but... come on! It's Hallmark!

> Sunday, May 14
>

> Mercy Falls (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A group of friends set off into the Scottish Highlands in search of a
> long-lost cabin. Far from civilization, an unforeseen tragedy befalls the
> group and one bad decision leads to suspicion, betrayal and murder. Stars
> Lauren Lyle, Nicolette McKeown and James Watterson.

This doesn't look good. But if it's actually a British cast, I might
give it a look.

I've got this down as a "Tubi original", but it it's actually British,
maybe it's not?...

> When Love Blooms (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Romance blossoms between a risk management analyst and a florist as they
> prepare for a flower competition. 2021 Canadian film starring Sarah Power
> and Thomas Cadrot.

I like Sarah Power, but, come on! - It's UP tv!!

Sidenote: I think this is first "new" TV movie UP has had in like the
last 2 or 3 *months*!! (They've just been rerunning the same TV movie
with Hayley Duff, like, over and over and *over* again in the
meantime... :/ )

> Fear the Walking Dead (final season 8 premiere) (9 pm,
> AMC)
>
> The eighth and final season—which jumps forward in time by seven years—will
> be split in half, with the first batch of six episodes starting today and a
> second group of six airing in late 2023.

Zzzzzz.... The only reason to watch this was Alycia Debnam-Carey, and
even she wasn't enough!

> Amityville: An Origin Story (limited series finale) (10 pm,
> MGM+)

Nobody gets MGM+!!

> Monday, May 15
>

> 9-1-1 (season 6 finale; renewed for season 7 on ABC) (8 pm,
> Fox)

Ha! So weird!!

> Britney Spears: The Price of Freedom (special) (9-10 pm,
> Fox)
>
> The all-new special TMZ Investigates: Britney Spears: The Price of Freedom
> gives viewers an exclusive look at Britney's life a year and a half since
> her conservatorship ended. The revelations include details about her deeply
> troubled marriage, family estrangement, alarming behavior, failed
> intervention and how she continues to be an enduring force in the music
> industry. The special will also break down how the singer spends her days
> and reveal concern among those closest to her that she's a danger to
> herself and others.

IOW, *shocker* - she's still completely crazy.

> Tuesday, May 16
>

> Streaming:
>

> Sleeping Beauties (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> After summoning the ghost of her deceased husband, a pregnant widow
> unwittingly awakens the inhabitants of the haunted mansion where she works.
> Stars Intan Kieflie, Jeffery Richards, and Mandie Combe. 1h 30m.

I could find very little on this, and it looks absolutely *terrible*
from the YouTube trailer!!
Pass!!

> Wednesday, May 17
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Family Stallone [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Paramount+)
>
> The reality series follows the lives of actor Sylvester Stallone, his wife
> Jennifer Flavin Stallone and their daughters Sophia, Sistine and Scarlet.
> Eight episodes.

Oh, hell, no!!

> Thursday, May 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> XO, Kitty [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Teen matchmaker Kitty Song Covey thinks she knows everything there is to
> know about love. But when she moves halfway across the world to reunite
> with her long-distance boyfriend, she'll soon realize that relationships
> are a lot more complicated when it's your own heart on the line. Anna
> Cathcart stars in a spinoff of the To All the Boys film series that is set
> in Seoul. Ten half-hour episodes?

Really?! So Netflix just contrived a situation in which they can put an
American in a "K-drama"?!?!! :/

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Station 19 (season 6 finale; renewed for season 7) (8 pm,
> ABC)

Why is this PoS show still on?!?!!

> My Best Friend The Baby Snatcher (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Close friends become pregnant at the same time, but when one of them
> miscarries, jealousy turns her into a murderous baby snatcher. Stars
> Jennifer Taylor, Matthew Lawrence, Adrienne Thomas and Paul London.
> Originally "Baby Dust."

I like how in the latter portion of her career, Jennifer Taylor has
taken to playing EVOL!!1! Lifetime villains!!

> Grey's Anatomy (season 19 finale; renewed for season 20) (9
> and 10 pm, two episodes, ABC)

"Season 20"!!

> Good Trouble (season 5 spring finale) (10 pm, Freeform)

I *HATE* this effing show!!

> Friday, May 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Getback (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A hard-living bounty hunter captures a wise-ass criminal, but then the two
> must work together to evade the crooked cops and trigger-happy mercenaries
> trying to kill them both. Stars Theo Rossi, Dermot Mulroney, and Kim
> Coates.

For a Tubi offering, this actually looks promising - I will likely
check this out...

> Consecration (movie) (3:01 am, Shudder)
>
> After the alleged suicide of her priest brother, Grace travels to the
> remote Scottish convent where he fell to his death. Distrusting the
> Church's account, she uncovers murder, sacrilege and a disturbing truth
> about herself. Stars Jena Malone, Danny Huston and Ian Pirie. 1h 31m; not
> a premiere.

See there is stuff on Shudder I would watch, if I could get it...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery (movie) (9 pm,
> Hallmark M&M)
>
> Hannah Swensen, everyone’s favorite crime-solving baker, is back on the
> case when the discovery of a skeleton in an old building sparks a murder
> investigation. Stars Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison, Gabriel Hogan and
> Barbara Niven.

One, I actually like this movie series.

Two, *why* do they keep *changing the name* of this series?! I think
this is the third "name" they have come up for this series!

> (end)

Lifetime/LMN are really letting us down lately, with no new movies on
Fridays and Sundays... >:/

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u3r0rn$2m0dp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186090&group=rec.arts.tv#186090

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 09:05:11 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 14 May 2023 16:05 UTC

On 2023-05-14 09:01:13 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Sunday, May 14
>>

>> When Love Blooms (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Nobody gets up!
>
>> Romance blossoms between a risk management analyst and a florist as they
>> prepare for a flower competition. 2021 Canadian film starring Sarah Power
>> and Thomas Cadrot.
>
> Sarah Power? OK I’ll do a search…
>
> OK this is sort of interesting. It says I get it on Tubi!

Confirmed - I also see it on Tubi. Tubi says it was released in 2022,
so it was likely aired in Canadia last year.

> Free, in SD. Or I could watch it on UP faith and family for five bucks a
> month.
>
> I push “play”
>
> Wow. This is absolutely horrid. At the two minute and 20 second mark, which
> I think includes the opening commercials, I am completely ready to bail.
>
> Completely formula fair, where corporate woman with Asian best friend (who
> will literally phone in her part) has to go home to small town for a while,
> where she instantly meets guy.
>
> While it’s formula it’s also wildly inapt. In every aspect. The only
> original thing is that instead of the guy being typically charming he’s an
> obnoxious jerk. Not making me root for them to get together.

That is actually fairly common for Hallmark (and Lifetime Christmas)
flicks, where I find one, or *both*, halves of the prospective "couple"
to be horrible, obxonious people whom I wish never find "happiness"!!
;)

>> Friday, May 19
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> The Getback (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> It’s Ian‘s fault that Robin is now including these Tubi movies, right?

This one actually has a decent cast, so it may be worth checking out! ;)

>> (end)

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<1121721922.705778658.075046.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186106&group=rec.arts.tv#186106

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 10:46:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 14 May 2023 17:46 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-14 09:01:13 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Sunday, May 14
>>>

>>> When Love Blooms (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>>
>> Nobody gets up!
>>
>>> Romance blossoms between a risk management analyst and a florist as they
>>> prepare for a flower competition. 2021 Canadian film starring Sarah Power
>>> and Thomas Cadrot.
>>
>> Sarah Power? OK I’ll do a search…
>>
>> OK this is sort of interesting. It says I get it on Tubi!
>
> Confirmed - I also see it on Tubi. Tubi says it was released in 2022,
> so it was likely aired in Canadia last year.
>
>> Free, in SD. Or I could watch it on UP faith and family for five bucks a
>> month.
>>
>> I push “play”
>>
>> Wow. This is absolutely horrid. At the two minute and 20 second mark, which
>> I think includes the opening commercials, I am completely ready to bail.
>>
>> Completely formula fair, where corporate woman with Asian best friend (who
>> will literally phone in her part) has to go home to small town for a while,
>> where she instantly meets guy.
>>
>> While it’s formula it’s also wildly inapt. In every aspect. The only
>> original thing is that instead of the guy being typically charming he’s an
>> obnoxious jerk. Not making me root for them to get together.
>
> That is actually fairly common for Hallmark (and Lifetime Christmas)
> flicks, where I find one, or *both*, halves of the prospective "couple"
> to be horrible, obxonious people whom I wish never find "happiness"!!
> ;)

Well, she is Sarah Power, and she’s got red hair here, so both you and I
want her to be happy.

She also has this bizarre superpower as a insurance risk assessment agent.
Even though she knows nothing whatsoever about flowers, she can immediately
tell you anything that involves a percentage so if your flowers are dying,
she can tell you to plant aloe vera, and this will raise The
cobalt/magnesium levels by 14.6%, both causing the flowers to bloom early
and the deer to choke and die and quit eating them. I swear that scene is
actually in there.

How terrible was this movie? I quit just over the one hour mark. Yes, with
only may be 20 minutes to go. I just turned it off. I didn’t even fast
forward to the end. I switched over to a rerun of DEATH IN PARADISE. That
I was recording anyway. Just to be able to stop watching this movie.

Oh, and it was definitely SD. Looks like hell. I bet it would look even
worse on your 4K set.

>>> Friday, May 19
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> The Getback (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> It’s Ian‘s fault that Robin is now including these Tubi movies, right?
>
> This one actually has a decent cast, so it may be worth checking out! ;)
>

>>> (end)

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-D81A7D.11002814052023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186108&group=rec.arts.tv#186108

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 11:00:29 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 14 May 2023 18:00 UTC

In article
<2038823209.705740550.636660.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> May 13-19, 2023: Robin's selected programming

> Sleeping Beauties (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> After summoning the ghost of her deceased husband, a pregnant widow
> unwittingly awakens the inhabitants of the haunted mansion where she works.
> Stars Intan Kieflie, Jeffery Richards, and Mandie Combe. 1h 30m.

Damn. I thought this was a movie of the Stephen King book of the same
name.

Disappointing!
> High Desert [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Patricia Arquette plays a recovering addict turned unlikely private
> investigator in the small California desert town of Yucca Valley

How does one make a living as a private dick in a small desert town? How
many cases can there possibly be out there in the middle of the big
empty?

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-F3AE88.11031814052023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186112&group=rec.arts.tv#186112

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 11:03:18 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 14 May 2023 18:03 UTC

In article
<1667392671.705744314.747881.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > May 13-19, 2023: Robin's selected programming

> > Fear the Walking Dead (final season 8 premiere) (9 pm,
> > AMC)
> >
> > The eighth and final season—which jumps forward in time by seven years—will
> > be split in half, with the first batch of six episodes starting today and a
> > second group of six airing in late 2023.
>
> Hey, BTR, I bet that seven years further into the future the cars will all
> still start right up!

Seven years into the future they should all be dead or dying of various
cancers considering they've been living in the fall-out zone of a
nuclear detonation for the whole of Season 7.

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u3r8fd$2mqnj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186113&group=rec.arts.tv#186113

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 11:15:10 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 14 May 2023 18:15 UTC

On 2023-05-14 18:00:29 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article
> <2038823209.705740550.636660.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> May 13-19, 2023: Robin's selected programming
>
>> Sleeping Beauties (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> After summoning the ghost of her deceased husband, a pregnant widow
>> unwittingly awakens the inhabitants of the haunted mansion where she works.
>> Stars Intan Kieflie, Jeffery Richards, and Mandie Combe. 1h 30m.
>
> Damn. I thought this was a movie of the Stephen King book of the same
> name.
>
> Disappointing!

Oh, it's way worse than you can imagine - Do NOT look at the trailer on
YouTube!!

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programming

<u3r9gj$2mquo$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186120&group=rec.arts.tv#186120

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 18:32:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 14 May 2023 18:32 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>High Desert [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

>>Patricia Arquette plays a recovering addict turned unlikely private
>>investigator in the small California desert town of Yucca Valley

>How does one make a living as a private dick in a small desert town? How
>many cases can there possibly be out there in the middle of the big
>empty?

Next you'll be telling us there aren't enough homicides each week in
the rural villages of Hampshire and Berkshire and Somerset to keep a
full-time chief inspector employed.

It's just one of those highly likely things, at least on tv. It's odd how,
with the exception of shows like Southland, there just aren't settings
used with lots and lots of murders in real life to solve.

Do the Jessica Fletcher punch line!

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-7E8AD8.12544414052023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186132&group=rec.arts.tv#186132

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 12:54:45 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 14 May 2023 19:54 UTC

In article <u3r9gj$2mquo$3@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >>High Desert [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> >>Patricia Arquette plays a recovering addict turned unlikely private
> >>investigator in the small California desert town of Yucca Valley
>
> >How does one make a living as a private dick in a small desert town? How
> >many cases can there possibly be out there in the middle of the big
> >empty?
>
> Next you'll be telling us there aren't enough homicides each week in
> the rural villages of Hampshire and Berkshire and Somerset to keep a
> full-time chief inspector employed.

It's like saying the main character is a record executive living in a
small town in South Dakota.

Say what now?

> It's just one of those highly likely things, at least on tv. It's odd how,
> with the exception of shows like Southland, there just aren't settings
> used with lots and lots of murders in real life to solve.
>
> Do the Jessica Fletcher punch line!

Re: May 13-19, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<2112085718.705788750.525067.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186137&group=rec.arts.tv#186137

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 13:28:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 14 May 2023 20:28 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> High Desert [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
>>> Patricia Arquette plays a recovering addict turned unlikely private
>>> investigator in the small California desert town of Yucca Valley
>
>> How does one make a living as a private dick in a small desert town? How
>> many cases can there possibly be out there in the middle of the big
>> empty?
>
> Next you'll be telling us there aren't enough homicides each week in
> the rural villages of Hampshire and Berkshire and Somerset to keep a
> full-time chief inspector employed.
>
> It's just one of those highly likely things, at least on tv. It's odd how,
> with the exception of shows like Southland, there just aren't settings
> used with lots and lots of murders in real life to solve.
>
> Do the Jessica Fletcher punch line!

“Hi, I am Paul McCartney, and I outlived John Lennon, because I am a
vegetarian” maybe someday