The beauty of a pun is in the "Oy!" of the beholder.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)shawn
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)shawn
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
|||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
|||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
|||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Adam H. Kerman
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)shawn
| |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)A Friend
|   +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ubiquitous

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4dfla$1l1e8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186914&group=rec.arts.tv#186914

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 09:08:10 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 21 May 2023 16:08 UTC

This will be brief - I didn't end up watching anything noteworthy
yesterday, and today I am feeling less than stellar.

On Sat., I watched:

soaps: DOOL - Fri's ep. Colin put the final act of his revenge scheme
into action. Sloan cooperates with Rafe and Jada by telling them what
she knows, and they repay her by arresting her!! A knocked-out Abe
comes to and calls Rafe to warn him. More nonsense with Gabi and Stefan.
GH - Thur's ep. They write Holly Sutton out, again. Spencer is
unnecessarily hostile to Esme, once again. Portia is determined to get
Spencer out of Trina life, but pretty much any means necessary! Sam
has... uh, "concerns" about Esme working for Alexis. Molly (and this
must be the last episode with Halley Pulos before her horrific apparent
DUI accident and arrest, and she gets replaced with a temp(?! - I'm
wondering if it will end up being permanent!)) finds out from the
Doctor that her endometriosis is so bad that she probably can't have
kids.

golf - An odd day - the weather (in Rochester, NY) was bad and rainy,
then almost decent, then rainy again.
Lots of jocking for position on the leaderboard on Day 3. For most
of the day, that didn't matter, though - Canadian Corey Conners led
most of the day, and looked to be in the driver's seat... That was
until a horric shot attmept out of the bunker on 16(?) led to the ball
being *plugged* in the side of the bunker! - Conners double-bogeyed
that hole to lose the lead to Brooks Koepka.
But it feels like this is still anybody's tournament going into the
last day.

The Man With My Husband's Face (Lifetime) - This went pretty much like
I expected - they telegraphed what was going on too openly IMO.
(Hint: In a Lifetime movie, when somebody is volunteering to be
super-helpful to your current plight, *they are not on your side*!!)
Anyway, this was OK. Though the flick's "heroine" was an idiot, who
was so dumb that she sort of deserved to be murdered at the end.
I did like the cynical cop detective she dealt with, though.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<nrgk6i5490kq97hk2ju7g3sqi4c7r19vqo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186915&group=rec.arts.tv#186915

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 12:19:43 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 21 May 2023 16:19 UTC

On Sun, 21 May 2023 09:08:10 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>This will be brief - I didn't end up watching anything noteworthy
>yesterday, and today I am feeling less than stellar.

Hopefully today is a better day for you.

>What did you watch?

Thanks for asking.

Silo episode 4
Dealing with the outcome of the mayor's death and probably murdered.
We get to see the Sheriff settling into her new job. We also get to
see Juliet's back story as a child dealing with the death of her
mother
and brother. Her deciding to leave her dad and head down to Mechanical
to escape the memories of their death.

Though things start to speed up at the end with the deputy being
attacked by someone and Juliet finding the documents she was looking
for on George. They had been hidden away by the former Sheriff in the
air ducts.

Locke & Key Season 1 Episode 3 Head Games

In this episode we get to see just what the head key does as it starts
out with a visit inside Bode's head. It's full of games and bright
lights as well as memory cubes that contain specific memories from his
life like his dad telling him a story of a sea monster and a
fisherman. Then we get to see inside Kensie's head which turns out to
be a super organized mall with each 'store' devoted to a specific type
of memory. Turns out she also has something else inside her memory, a
manifestation of her fear which attacks Tyler.

Bode find and uses another key (skeleton or death head) that lets him
become a ghost. While a ghost he sees Ellie Whedon go to the well and
call out for someone named Lucas, but she gets no response. He also
visits the Locke cemetery where he meets his great grandfather who
tells him that only Locke's who die on the property become ghosts.
Many have moved on but he chooses to remain in this world as a ghost.
We also see Kensie decide to use the head key to go back into her head
to capture her fear personified and then take into the real world and
kill it. No way this can go badly. Meanwhile the Well Woman watches
her bury her fear.

Ascension episode 3

Free to watch on Tubi, Roku and Vudu

Lauren Lee Smith arrives as a consultant called in to help
verify who murdered Lorelei. Meanwhile the saboteur manages to get a
cobalt generator and modify it to explode which damages part of the
alien landscape testing area and the cooling system. That's an excuse
for a lot of very sweaty people.

Now we get to see the son of the crazy man prove to be just as crazy
as he plans to set off another of 'cobalt generator' bombs to blow
open the ship to space and kill off everyone. All because his dad
is dead (though he isn't actually dead but is more than a bit insane)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4dhgt$1l6ke$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186918&group=rec.arts.tv#186918

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 09:39:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 21 May 2023 16:39 UTC

On 5/21/2023 9:08 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> What did you watch?

Well, since you asked....

What Did You Watch? May 20 2023 (Saturday)

Stargate SG-1, S5E05 'Red Sky' (DVD)
"When SG-1 inadvertently dooms a planet upon arrival, the team must
overcome Asgardian diplomacy and indigenous religious prejudice to put
things right."

Major Samantha Carter: Sir, I've been thinking.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you ever stopped, Carter.

Colonel Jack O'Neill: I have great confidence in you Carter. Go on back
to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.

Major General George Hammond: I thought the odds of success for this
scenario were one in a million, Major?
Major Samantha Carter: Yes, sir. But I now think that we can increase
that estimate to one percent.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: It's your call, General. I only understand about
one percent of what she says half the time.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Miracles?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Yeah, that's what it'll look like to them.
Dr. Daniel Jackson: That's what what will look like to them?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Whatever Carter comes up with.

Commentary by Martin Wood (director with the big wrench), James Tichenor
and Amanda Tapping. There was some discussion during pre-production
about making this episode one where SG-1 "loses" and is unable to fix
the problem they caused. It would have left the audience with that
doubt in the future "can they win this one?" (I think its related to
the urge to kill off a lead character every once a while.) The Asgard
are one of Amanda's favorite guest stars. :) Some discussion about
successive generations of "Thor" (the Asgard animatronic puppets).
Amanda hates having to use food props to explain complex physics issues.

-----------------

Stargate SG-1, S5E06 'Rite of Passage' (DVD)
"When Cassandra collapses at home, she is taken to the SGC for
treatment. A retrovirus is causing her to emit an EM field and she
expresses a need to return to her planet for an initiation ritual. SG-1
investigates and finds a Goa'uld laboratory, probably having belonged to
Nirrti, meant for experimentation on the planet's population. They find
that the ritual is part of the experiment, a time when Nirrti studies
her subjects and cures them when she is done. SG-1 has found a way to
cure Cassandra, but now all that remains to be found is Nirrti."

Dominic: [Cassandra has collapsed on the porch] Nothing. She just fell.
I kissed her and the light exploded and she fell.
Dr. Janet Fraiser: She's running a temperature... What was she doing
when she just fell. You kissed her?
Major Samantha Carter: You kissed her?
Dominic: It's her birthday so I kissed her and she just fell.

Colonel Jack O'Neill: She killed everyone on this planet, except Cassie.
Why would she cure a bunch of kids?
Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, if I'm reading this right, it was part of some
sort of experiment she was conducting.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: See? That sounds like a Goa'uld.

Trivia: Cassandra is played by Colleen Rennison, the same actress who
played Ally in Stargate SG-1: Bane (1998). Ally was the young girl who
befriended and assisted Teal'c.

A running gag in the show is O'Neill saying everything is because of
magnets. He's finally right for once, sort of, when Cassandra uses the
EM field she is generating to remotely move a chess piece with a magnet
in its base. :D

Commentary by Peter DeLuise (director) and James Tichenor.

-----------------

Stargate SG-1, S5E07 'Beast of Burden' (DVD)
"Daniel has been surreptitiously studying the Unas people of P3X-888.
He's learned a great deal about their culture and 70 individual words in
their language. His most recent video images from the planet however
show one of the Unas, named Chaka, apparently being abducted by a group
of men. Also of concern is that the kidnappers are using Goa'uld
weapons. They follow the through the gate and find the Unas are being
used as slave labor. The head slaver, Burrock, isn't too keen to hand
over his latest slave to Daniel and he and Jack soon find themselves
behind bars. In the end, there is only one option available to them: to
fight their way out. The Unas slaves stage a revolt."

Dr. Daniel Jackson: [Chaka attempts to apologise to Colonel O'Neill for
getting he and Daniel captured by the slavers] Jack, it's not his fault.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, I'm chained up in a bad man's barn with a
bunch of Unas, whose to blame is not at the top of my list of concerns. Yet.

Burrock: It is our custom to welcome visitors with a drink. Will you
join me?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: It is our custom to drink. Of course.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: They say Chaka is their leader. They must recognize
that he wouldn't leave without them.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, dogs sniff each other's butts, and they're
friends for life. We still keep them as pets.

Trivia: This episode was shot at Bordertown, a Virtue Studios filming
ranch just east of Vancouver. This was also the location for Edora in
the season three episode "A Hundred Days".

Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode. I'm sure Ian will know
who he is if no one else does.

Commentary by Martin Wood (director), DP and Tichenor (again!). The
extras in this episode were the same extras from 'Red Sky'. They did so
well in that episode the production hired them again.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4dr6t$1ngdf$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186934&group=rec.arts.tv#186934

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 12:25:08 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 21 May 2023 19:25 UTC

On 5/21/2023 9:39 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 9:08 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>>
> Well, since you asked....
>
> What Did You Watch? May 20 2023 (Saturday)
>
> Stargate SG-1, S5E05 'Red Sky' (DVD)
> "When SG-1 inadvertently dooms a planet upon arrival, the team must
> overcome Asgardian diplomacy and indigenous religious prejudice to put
> things right."
>

> Major Samantha Carter: Sir, I've been thinking.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you ever stopped, Carter.
>
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I have great confidence in you Carter. Go on back
> to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.
>
> Major General George Hammond: I thought the odds of success for this
> scenario were one in a million, Major?
> Major Samantha Carter: Yes, sir. But I now think that we can increase
> that estimate to one percent.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: It's your call, General. I only understand about
> one percent of what she says half the time.
>
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Miracles?
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Yeah, that's what it'll look like to them.
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: That's what what will look like to them?
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Whatever Carter comes up with.
>
> Commentary by Martin Wood (director with the big wrench), James Tichenor
> and Amanda Tapping.  There was some discussion during pre-production
> about making this episode one where SG-1 "loses" and is unable to fix
> the problem they caused.  It would have left the audience with that
> doubt in the future "can they win this one?"  (I think its related to
> the urge to kill off a lead character every once a while.)  The Asgard
> are one of Amanda's favorite guest stars.  :)  Some discussion about
> successive generations of "Thor" (the Asgard animatronic puppets).
> Amanda hates having to use food props to explain complex physics issues.
>
> -----------------
>
> Stargate SG-1, S5E06 'Rite of Passage' (DVD)
> "When Cassandra collapses at home, she is taken to the SGC for
> treatment.

I have *no* idea who Cassandra is. And she's an alien living on Earth?

> [...]
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, I'm chained up in a bad man's barn with a
> bunch of Unas, whose to blame is not at the top of my list of concerns.
> Yet.
>
> Burrock: It is our custom to welcome visitors with a drink. Will you
> join me?
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: It is our custom to drink. Of course.
>
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: They say Chaka is their leader. They must recognize
> that he wouldn't leave without them.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, dogs sniff each other's butts, and they're
> friends for life. We still keep them as pets.
>
> Trivia: This episode was shot at Bordertown, a Virtue Studios filming
> ranch just east of Vancouver. This was also the location for Edora in
> the season three episode "A Hundred Days".
>
> Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode.  I'm sure Ian will know

I definitely know who Larry Drake is. I spent my childhood watching him
in TV and movies. But I don't recall him in Stargate.

> Commentary by Martin Wood (director), DP and Tichenor (again!).  The
> extras in this episode were the same extras from 'Red Sky'.  They did so
> well in that episode the production hired them again.
>

> What Did You Watch?

I watched:

Batman (4K disc) 1989 superhero movie directed by Tim Burton and
starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as The Joker. I've
been looking forward to revisiting the Burtonverse Batflicks for a
while. This one held up great.

Batman Returns (4K disc) 1992 sequel with Tim Burton returning to direct
Keaton's Batman who this time goes up against Danny Devito's Penguin and
Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Holds up great.

Batman Forever (4K disc) 1995 sequel which swaps out Burton and brings
in Joel Schumacher as the new director and replaces Keaton with Val
Kilmer as the new Batman. Batman battles Riddler (Jim Carey) and
Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) with help from his side kick Robbin) Chris
O'Donnell)

Batman & Robin (4K disc) 1997 sequel once again directed by Schumacher,
but swapping out Batman's again, this time with George Clooney phoning
it in. They are joined by Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl as they save the
day from Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzeneger), Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman) and
a completely wasted Bane.

Dumbo (4K disc) 2019 live action remake of the Disney classic directed
by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton and Danny Devito. It was just
above background noise.

The Mysterious Benedict Society (Disney+) - "Free of Pointless Command"
- This season is really feeling like filler. This episode has the kids
taking a cab to the airport and huge amount of time in the episode is
just dealing with the kids dealing with the cab drive and paying him and
related nonsense. Although more interesting was Mr. Benedict succumbing
to his brother's evil brainwashing techniques and the discovery that
some of the brainwash victims are becoming comatose.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4drbh$1ngdf$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186935&group=rec.arts.tv#186935

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 12:27:45 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 21 May 2023 19:27 UTC

On 5/21/2023 9:19 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2023 09:08:10 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> This will be brief - I didn't end up watching anything noteworthy
>> yesterday, and today I am feeling less than stellar.
>>
> Hopefully today is a better day for you.
>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Thanks for asking.
>

> Silo episode 4
> Dealing with the outcome of the mayor's death and probably murdered.
> We get to see the Sheriff settling into her new job. We also get to
> see Juliet's back story as a child dealing with the death of her
> mother
> and brother. Her deciding to leave her dad and head down to Mechanical
> to escape the memories of their death.
>
> Though things start to speed up at the end with the deputy being
> attacked by someone and Juliet finding the documents she was looking
> for on George. They had been hidden away by the former Sheriff in the
> air ducts.
>

> Locke & Key Season 1 Episode 3 Head Games

You're lucky you'll get to watch all three seasons back to back. I
really struggled each new season thanks to the years long gaps in
between them.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<9auk6ilrldtqnkcl92mjm1h3a4cg76j52i@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186937&group=rec.arts.tv#186937

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 16:06:33 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 21 May 2023 20:06 UTC

On Sun, 21 May 2023 12:27:45 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 5/21/2023 9:19 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 May 2023 09:08:10 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This will be brief - I didn't end up watching anything noteworthy
>>> yesterday, and today I am feeling less than stellar.
>>>
>> Hopefully today is a better day for you.
>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Thanks for asking.
>>

>> Silo episode 4
>> Dealing with the outcome of the mayor's death and probably murdered.
>> We get to see the Sheriff settling into her new job. We also get to
>> see Juliet's back story as a child dealing with the death of her
>> mother
>> and brother. Her deciding to leave her dad and head down to Mechanical
>> to escape the memories of their death.
>>
>> Though things start to speed up at the end with the deputy being
>> attacked by someone and Juliet finding the documents she was looking
>> for on George. They had been hidden away by the former Sheriff in the
>> air ducts.
>>

>> Locke & Key Season 1 Episode 3 Head Games
>>

>You're lucky you'll get to watch all three seasons back to back. I
>really struggled each new season thanks to the years long gaps in
>between them.

LOL. It's the one benefit to watching shows long after everyone else
has finished. I'm still struggling to remember where the story ended
with INVASION (the UK show, not the Florida Man show) and while I
think filming is done on the second season I don't know when it will
even air in the UK. Which is one reason I don't care for the short
seasons as it usually means an even longer time between seasons.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4dvg4$1odti$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186946&group=rec.arts.tv#186946

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 13:38:31 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 21 May 2023 20:38 UTC

On 5/21/2023 12:25 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 9:39 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 5/21/2023 9:08 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> Well, since you asked....
>>
>> What Did You Watch? May 20 2023 (Saturday)
>>
>> Stargate SG-1, S5E05 'Red Sky' (DVD)
>> "When SG-1 inadvertently dooms a planet upon arrival, the team must
>> overcome Asgardian diplomacy and indigenous religious prejudice to put
>> things right."
>>

>> Major Samantha Carter: Sir, I've been thinking.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you ever stopped, Carter.
>>
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I have great confidence in you Carter. Go on
>> back to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.
>>
>> Major General George Hammond: I thought the odds of success for this
>> scenario were one in a million, Major?
>> Major Samantha Carter: Yes, sir. But I now think that we can increase
>> that estimate to one percent.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: It's your call, General. I only understand about
>> one percent of what she says half the time.
>>
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Miracles?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Yeah, that's what it'll look like to them.
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: That's what what will look like to them?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Whatever Carter comes up with.
>>
>> Commentary by Martin Wood (director with the big wrench), James
>> Tichenor and Amanda Tapping.  There was some discussion during
>> pre-production about making this episode one where SG-1 "loses" and is
>> unable to fix the problem they caused.  It would have left the
>> audience with that doubt in the future "can they win this one?"  (I
>> think its related to the urge to kill off a lead character every once
>> a while.)  The Asgard are one of Amanda's favorite guest stars.  :)
>> Some discussion about successive generations of "Thor" (the Asgard
>> animatronic puppets). Amanda hates having to use food props to explain
>> complex physics issues.
>>
>> -----------------
>>
>> Stargate SG-1, S5E06 'Rite of Passage' (DVD)
>> "When Cassandra collapses at home, she is taken to the SGC for treatment.
>
> I have *no* idea who Cassandra is.  And she's an alien living on Earth?

She was the sole survivor of a plague that also wiped out another SG
team observing black hole in season 1, episode Singularity. She was
"altered" to be a living bomb that would detonate near the stargate.
She is close to Carter and was adopted by Frasier.

> [...]
> it in.  They are joined by Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl as they save the
> day from Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzeneger), Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman) and
> a completely wasted Bane.
>

> Dumbo (4K disc) 2019 live action remake of the Disney classic directed
> by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton and Danny Devito.  It was just
> above background noise.
>

> The Mysterious Benedict Society (Disney+) - "Free of Pointless Command"
> - This season is really feeling like filler.  This episode has the kids
> taking a cab to the airport and huge amount of time in the episode is
> just dealing with the kids dealing with the cab drive and paying him and
> related nonsense.  Although more interesting was Mr. Benedict succumbing
> to his brother's evil brainwashing techniques and the discovery that
> some of the brainwash victims are becoming comatose.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<1305058477.706397243.187535.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186960&group=rec.arts.tv#186960

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 15:24:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 May 2023 22:24 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 9:39 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 5/21/2023 9:08 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> Well, since you asked....
>>
>> What Did You Watch? May 20 2023 (Saturday)
>>
>> Stargate SG-1, S5E05 'Red Sky' (DVD)
>> "When SG-1 inadvertently dooms a planet upon arrival, the team must
>> overcome Asgardian diplomacy and indigenous religious prejudice to put
>> things right."
>>

>> Major Samantha Carter: Sir, I've been thinking.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you ever stopped, Carter.
>>
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I have great confidence in you Carter. Go on back
>> to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.
>>
>> Major General George Hammond: I thought the odds of success for this
>> scenario were one in a million, Major?
>> Major Samantha Carter: Yes, sir. But I now think that we can increase
>> that estimate to one percent.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: It's your call, General. I only understand about
>> one percent of what she says half the time.
>>
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Miracles?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Yeah, that's what it'll look like to them.
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: That's what what will look like to them?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Whatever Carter comes up with.
>>
>> Commentary by Martin Wood (director with the big wrench), James Tichenor
>> and Amanda Tapping.  There was some discussion during pre-production
>> about making this episode one where SG-1 "loses" and is unable to fix
>> the problem they caused.  It would have left the audience with that
>> doubt in the future "can they win this one?"  (I think its related to
>> the urge to kill off a lead character every once a while.)  The Asgard
>> are one of Amanda's favorite guest stars.  :)  Some discussion about
>> successive generations of "Thor" (the Asgard animatronic puppets).
>> Amanda hates having to use food props to explain complex physics issues.
>>
>> -----------------
>>
>> Stargate SG-1, S5E06 'Rite of Passage' (DVD)
>> "When Cassandra collapses at home, she is taken to the SGC for
>> treatment.
>
> I have *no* idea who Cassandra is. And she's an alien living on Earth?

She appeared, what, three times? Played by as many different actresses?
She’s the old woman in the future at the end of “1969“. And another one of
those characters that they just memory holed. She doesn’t even appear when
her mother dies, does she? Although they might mention her. I always
thought super extra creepy teenage clone Jack would probably hit on her.

> A retrovirus is causing her to emit an EM field and she
>> expresses a need to return to her planet for an initiation ritual. SG-1
>> investigates and finds a Goa'uld laboratory, probably having belonged to
>> Nirrti, meant for experimentation on the planet's population. They find
>> that the ritual is part of the experiment, a time when Nirrti studies
>> her subjects and cures them when she is done. SG-1 has found a way to
>> cure Cassandra, but now all that remains to be found is Nirrti."
>>

>> Dominic: [Cassandra has collapsed on the porch] Nothing. She just fell.
>> I kissed her and the light exploded and she fell.
>> Dr. Janet Fraiser: She's running a temperature... What was she doing
>> when she just fell. You kissed her?
>> Major Samantha Carter: You kissed her?
>> Dominic: It's her birthday so I kissed her and she just fell.
>>
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: She killed everyone on this planet, except Cassie.
>> Why would she cure a bunch of kids?
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, if I'm reading this right, it was part of some
>> sort of experiment she was conducting.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: See? That sounds like a Goa'uld.
>>
>> Trivia: Cassandra is played by Colleen Rennison, the same actress who
>> played Ally in Stargate SG-1: Bane (1998). Ally was the young girl who
>> befriended and assisted Teal'c.
>>
>> A running gag in the show is O'Neill saying everything is because of
>> magnets.  He's finally right for once, sort of, when Cassandra uses the
>> EM field she is generating to remotely move a chess piece with a magnet
>> in its base.  :D
>>
>> Commentary by Peter DeLuise (director) and James Tichenor.
>>
>> -----------------
>>
>> Stargate SG-1, S5E07 'Beast of Burden' (DVD)
>> "Daniel has been surreptitiously studying the Unas people of P3X-888.

How exactly has he been doing that? Is he gating over on weekends when no
one’s looking?

>> He's learned a great deal about their culture and 70 individual words in
>> their language. His most recent video images from the planet however
>> show one of the Unas, named Chaka, apparently being abducted by a group
>> of men. Also of concern is that the kidnappers are using Goa'uld
>> weapons. They follow the through the gate and find the Unas are being
>> used as slave labor. The head slaver, Burrock, isn't too keen to hand
>> over his latest slave to Daniel and he and Jack soon find themselves
>> behind bars. In the end, there is only one option available to them: to
>> fight their way out. The Unas slaves stage a revolt."

“The Unas are revolting!“

>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: [Chaka attempts to apologise to Colonel O'Neill for
>> getting he and Daniel captured by the slavers] Jack, it's not his fault.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, I'm chained up in a bad man's barn with a
>> bunch of Unas, whose to blame is not at the top of my list of concerns.
>> Yet.
>>
>> Burrock: It is our custom to welcome visitors with a drink. Will you
>> join me?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: It is our custom to drink. Of course.
>>
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: They say Chaka is their leader. They must recognize
>> that he wouldn't leave without them.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, dogs sniff each other's butts, and they're
>> friends for life. We still keep them as pets.
>>
>> Trivia: This episode was shot at Bordertown, a Virtue Studios filming
>> ranch just east of Vancouver. This was also the location for Edora in
>> the season three episode "A Hundred Days".
>>
>> Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode.  I'm sure Ian will know
>> who he is if no one else does.

He’s the guy I always confused with Richard Kind, right?

> I definitely know who Larry Drake is. I spent my childhood watching him
> in TV and movies. But I don't recall him in Stargate.
>
>> Commentary by Martin Wood (director), DP and Tichenor (again!).  The
>> extras in this episode were the same extras from 'Red Sky'.  They did so
>> well in that episode the production hired them again.
>>

>> What Did You Watch?
>>

> I watched:
>

> Batman (4K disc) 1989 superhero movie directed by Tim Burton and
> starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as The Joker. I've
> been looking forward to revisiting the Burtonverse Batflicks for a
> while. This one held up great.

I wanna special edition where they cut every instance of Prince. And fix
the terrible animation for the first and last times we see the Batman.

> Batman Returns (4K disc) 1992 sequel with Tim Burton returning to direct
> Keaton's Batman who this time goes up against Danny Devito's Penguin and
> Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Holds up great.

A friend walked into my office and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck in
the middle of the day, and said we are playing hooky and going to see
Batman returns. So we did and a ways into it. I said to him that this may
be one of the very rare sequels that’s better than the original. at that
moment, giant amusement park penguin rides started breaking up through the
floor, and the whole thing turned to crap. Said friend blamed me right up
till the day he died.

I’m still not sure where P. N. Gwynn got the blueprints to the Batmobile!
Or why the floor of the car is made of wood. Who built this thing, Morgan?

> Batman Forever (4K disc) 1995 sequel which swaps out Burton and brings
> in Joel Schumacher as the new director and replaces Keaton with Val
> Kilmer as the new Batman. Batman battles Riddler (Jim Carey) and
> Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) with help from his side kick Robbin) Chris
> O'Donnell)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4eav6$1qlve$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186970&group=rec.arts.tv#186970

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 23:54:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 21 May 2023 23:54 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>. . .

>Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode. I'm sure Ian will know
>who he is if no one else does.

He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.

>. . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<eacl6ilqmtk9kkto8kq7aiud01v2s0kfur@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186973&group=rec.arts.tv#186973

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 20:08:38 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 22 May 2023 00:08 UTC

On Sun, 21 May 2023 23:54:14 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>>. . .
>
>>Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode. I'm sure Ian will know
>>who he is if no one else does.
>
>He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.
>
>>. . .

He's been the villain a few times. Had to look up the name because all
I could remember was him as a dentist in DR. GIGGLES. That was the
first role with him as the villain that came to mind when I saw the
name.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4ec2t$1raat$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186974&group=rec.arts.tv#186974

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 17:13:17 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 22 May 2023 00:13 UTC

On 5/21/2023 3:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> [...]
>>> who he is if no one else does.
>
> He’s the guy I always confused with Richard Kind, right?
>

>> I definitely know who Larry Drake is. I spent my childhood watching him
>> in TV and movies. But I don't recall him in Stargate.
>>
>>> Commentary by Martin Wood (director), DP and Tichenor (again!).  The
>>> extras in this episode were the same extras from 'Red Sky'.  They did so
>>> well in that episode the production hired them again.
>>>

>>> What Did You Watch?
>>>

>> I watched:
>>

>> Batman (4K disc) 1989 superhero movie directed by Tim Burton and
>> starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as The Joker. I've
>> been looking forward to revisiting the Burtonverse Batflicks for a
>> while. This one held up great.
>
> I wanna special edition where they cut every instance of Prince. And fix
> the terrible animation for the first and last times we see the Batman.

Boo! You might as well cut Queen from Flash Gordon. The music makes
the movie! It's not Batman without the Prince music!

But that animation was horrible even by 80s standards. The other thing
that has always bugged me, even before the movie's release when it was
in the commercials, was the scene when Joker says, "Where does he get
those wonderful toys?" Except the editing cuts off the beginning of the
scene and it sounds more like, "ere does he get those wonderful toys?"

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4ed8r$1ri6f$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186976&group=rec.arts.tv#186976

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 17:33:33 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 22 May 2023 00:33 UTC

On 5/21/2023 3:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Well, since you asked....
>>>
>>> What Did You Watch? May 20 2023 (Saturday)
>>>
>>> Stargate SG-1, S5E05 'Red Sky' (DVD)
>>> "When SG-1 inadvertently dooms a planet upon arrival, the team must
>>> overcome Asgardian diplomacy and indigenous religious prejudice to put
>>> things right."
>>>

>>> Major Samantha Carter: Sir, I've been thinking.
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you ever stopped, Carter.
>>>
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I have great confidence in you Carter. Go on back
>>> to the SGC and... confuse Hammond.
>>>
>>> Major General George Hammond: I thought the odds of success for this
>>> scenario were one in a million, Major?
>>> Major Samantha Carter: Yes, sir. But I now think that we can increase
>>> that estimate to one percent.
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: It's your call, General. I only understand about
>>> one percent of what she says half the time.
>>>
>>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Miracles?
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Yeah, that's what it'll look like to them.
>>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: That's what what will look like to them?
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Whatever Carter comes up with.
>>>
>>> Commentary by Martin Wood (director with the big wrench), James Tichenor
>>> and Amanda Tapping.  There was some discussion during pre-production
>>> about making this episode one where SG-1 "loses" and is unable to fix
>>> the problem they caused.  It would have left the audience with that
>>> doubt in the future "can they win this one?"  (I think its related to
>>> the urge to kill off a lead character every once a while.)  The Asgard
>>> are one of Amanda's favorite guest stars.  :)  Some discussion about
>>> successive generations of "Thor" (the Asgard animatronic puppets).
>>> Amanda hates having to use food props to explain complex physics issues.
>>>
>>> -----------------
>>>
>>> Stargate SG-1, S5E06 'Rite of Passage' (DVD)
>>> "When Cassandra collapses at home, she is taken to the SGC for
>>> treatment.
>>
>> I have *no* idea who Cassandra is. And she's an alien living on Earth?
>>

> She appeared, what, three times? Played by as many different actresses?
> She’s the old woman in the future at the end of “1969“. And another one of
> those characters that they just memory holed. She doesn’t even appear when
> her mother dies, does she? Although they might mention her.

*shrug* They built a huge complicated mythology for this show with a
LOT of people and moving parts. There are a LOT of things and people
who could have appeared more often but didn't.

> I always
> thought super extra creepy teenage clone Jack would probably hit on her.

Strangely enough that thought occurred to me too. :D

>> A retrovirus is causing her to emit an EM field and she
>>> expresses a need to return to her planet for an initiation ritual. SG-1
>>> investigates and finds a Goa'uld laboratory, probably having belonged to
>>> Nirrti, meant for experimentation on the planet's population. They find
>>> that the ritual is part of the experiment, a time when Nirrti studies
>>> her subjects and cures them when she is done. SG-1 has found a way to
>>> cure Cassandra, but now all that remains to be found is Nirrti."
>>>

>>> Dominic: [Cassandra has collapsed on the porch] Nothing. She just fell.
>>> I kissed her and the light exploded and she fell.
>>> Dr. Janet Fraiser: She's running a temperature... What was she doing
>>> when she just fell. You kissed her?
>>> Major Samantha Carter: You kissed her?
>>> Dominic: It's her birthday so I kissed her and she just fell.
>>>
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: She killed everyone on this planet, except Cassie.
>>> Why would she cure a bunch of kids?
>>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, if I'm reading this right, it was part of some
>>> sort of experiment she was conducting.
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: See? That sounds like a Goa'uld.
>>>
>>> Trivia: Cassandra is played by Colleen Rennison, the same actress who
>>> played Ally in Stargate SG-1: Bane (1998). Ally was the young girl who
>>> befriended and assisted Teal'c.
>>>
>>> A running gag in the show is O'Neill saying everything is because of
>>> magnets.  He's finally right for once, sort of, when Cassandra uses the
>>> EM field she is generating to remotely move a chess piece with a magnet
>>> in its base.  :D
>>>
>>> Commentary by Peter DeLuise (director) and James Tichenor.
>>>
>>> -----------------
>>>
>>> Stargate SG-1, S5E07 'Beast of Burden' (DVD)
>>> "Daniel has been surreptitiously studying the Unas people of P3X-888.
>
> How exactly has he been doing that? Is he gating over on weekends when no
> one’s looking?

He put cameras up and goes to collect the videos. Its an approved
project of his, General Hammond and the other knew about it, just not
the audience. :P

>>> He's learned a great deal about their culture and 70 individual words in
>>> their language. His most recent video images from the planet however
>>> show one of the Unas, named Chaka, apparently being abducted by a group
>>> of men. Also of concern is that the kidnappers are using Goa'uld
>>> weapons. They follow the through the gate and find the Unas are being
>>> used as slave labor. The head slaver, Burrock, isn't too keen to hand
>>> over his latest slave to Daniel and he and Jack soon find themselves
>>> behind bars. In the end, there is only one option available to them: to
>>> fight their way out. The Unas slaves stage a revolt."
>
> “The Unas are revolting!“
>

>>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: [Chaka attempts to apologise to Colonel O'Neill for
>>> getting he and Daniel captured by the slavers] Jack, it's not his fault.
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, I'm chained up in a bad man's barn with a
>>> bunch of Unas, whose to blame is not at the top of my list of concerns.
>>> Yet.
>>>
>>> Burrock: It is our custom to welcome visitors with a drink. Will you
>>> join me?
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: It is our custom to drink. Of course.
>>>
>>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: They say Chaka is their leader. They must recognize
>>> that he wouldn't leave without them.
>>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Daniel, dogs sniff each other's butts, and they're
>>> friends for life. We still keep them as pets.
>>>
>>> Trivia: This episode was shot at Bordertown, a Virtue Studios filming
>>> ranch just east of Vancouver. This was also the location for Edora in
>>> the season three episode "A Hundred Days".
>>>
>>> Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode.  I'm sure Ian will know
>>> who he is if no one else does.
>
> He’s the guy I always confused with Richard Kind, right?

Who's Richard Kind?

>> I definitely know who Larry Drake is. I spent my childhood watching him
>> in TV and movies. But I don't recall him in Stargate.
>>
>>> Commentary by Martin Wood (director), DP and Tichenor (again!).  The
>>> extras in this episode were the same extras from 'Red Sky'.  They did so
>>> well in that episode the production hired them again.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4egg5$1s8r6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186988&group=rec.arts.tv#186988

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 18:28:37 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 22 May 2023 01:28 UTC

On 2023-05-21 23:54:14 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> . . .
>
>> Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode. I'm sure Ian will know
>> who he is if no one else does.
>
> He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.

Mostly known for "L.A. Law". But, yeah - "Darman" as well.
Strangely, I don't think Drake had much success aside from these.
He passed in 2016.

>> . . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<503578070.706412111.196408.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186995&group=rec.arts.tv#186995

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:01:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:01 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> . . .
>
>> Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode. I'm sure Ian will know
>> who he is if no one else does.
>
> He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.
>
>> . . .

Benny? I wonder if that was a take on Lenny.

Damn, Drake died young.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<403569663.706412162.258141.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186996&group=rec.arts.tv#186996

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:01:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:01 UTC

> On Sun, 21 May 2023 23:54:14 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> . . .
>>
>>> Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode. I'm sure Ian will know
>>> who he is if no one else does.
>>
>> He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.
>>
>>> . . .
>
> He's been the villain a few times. Had to look up the name because all
> I could remember was him as a dentist in DR. GIGGLES. That was the
> first role with him as the villain that came to mind when I saw the
> name.

GIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLES

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<1041968815.706412295.191608.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186997&group=rec.arts.tv#186997

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:01:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:01 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 3:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I have *no* idea who Cassandra is. And she's an alien living on Earth?
>>>

>> She appeared, what, three times? Played by as many different actresses?
>> She’s the old woman in the future at the end of “1969“. And another one of
>> those characters that they just memory holed. She doesn’t even appear when
>> her mother dies, does she? Although they might mention her. I always
>> thought super extra creepy teenage clone Jack would probably hit on her.
>>

>>> A retrovirus is causing her to emit an EM field and she

>> How exactly has he been doing that? Is he gating over on weekends when no
>> one’s looking?

>> “The Unas are revolting!“

>> He’s the guy I always confused with Richard Kind, right?
>>

>>> I definitely know who Larry Drake is. I spent my childhood watching him
>>> in TV and movies. But I don't recall him in Stargate.

>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> Batman (4K disc) 1989 superhero movie directed by Tim Burton and
>>> starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as The Joker. I've
>>> been looking forward to revisiting the Burtonverse Batflicks for a
>>> while. This one held up great.
>>
>> I wanna special edition where they cut every instance of Prince. And fix
>> the terrible animation for the first and last times we see the Batman.
>>

> Boo! You might as well cut Queen from Flash Gordon. The music makes
> the movie! It's not Batman without the Prince music!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<1788216067.706413509.801849.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186998&group=rec.arts.tv#186998

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:01:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:01 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 3:24 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I have *no* idea who Cassandra is. And she's an alien living on Earth?
>>>

>> She appeared, what, three times? Played by as many different actresses?
>> She’s the old woman in the future at the end of “1969“. And another one of
>> those characters that they just memory holed. She doesn’t even appear when
>> her mother dies, does she? Although they might mention her.
>
> *shrug* They built a huge complicated mythology for this show with a
> LOT of people and moving parts. There are a LOT of things and people
> who could have appeared more often but didn't.
>
>> I always
>> thought super extra creepy teenage clone Jack would probably hit on her.
>>
> Strangely enough that thought occurred to me too. :D
>

>>> A retrovirus is causing her to emit an EM field and she

>> How exactly has he been doing that? Is he gating over on weekends when no
>> one’s looking?
>>
> He put cameras up and goes to collect the videos. Its an approved
> project of his, General Hammond and the other knew about it, just not
> the audience. :P

>> “The Unas are revolting!“

>> He’s the guy I always confused with Richard Kind, right?
>>
> Who's Richard Kind?

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504

He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum that
made everybody love him.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<210520232225228044%nope@noway.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187004&group=rec.arts.tv#187004

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 22:25:22 -0400
 by: A Friend - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:25 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> > Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> >
> >> . . .
> >
> >> Larry Drake plays the big bad in this episode. I'm sure Ian will know
> >> who he is if no one else does.
> >
> > He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.
> >
> >> . . .
> >

> Benny? I wonder if that was a take on Lenny.
>
> Damn, Drake died young.

Larry Drake was online during my Compuserve days, ca. 1986-90. He once
said that he'd gone to pick up a prescription, and the cashier treated
him as if he were mentally challenged, like his character on L.A. Law.
He had to tell her, "Madam, I am an actor." He also said that kind of
thing had happened to him more than once.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4el0n$20pfl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187007&group=rec.arts.tv#187007

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:45:47 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:45 UTC

On 5/21/2023 7:01 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> She appeared, what, three times? Played by as many different actresses?
>>> She’s the old woman in the future at the end of “1969“. And another one of
>>> those characters that they just memory holed. She doesn’t even appear when
>>> her mother dies, does she? Although they might mention her.
>>
>> *shrug* They built a huge complicated mythology for this show with a
>> LOT of people and moving parts. There are a LOT of things and people
>> who could have appeared more often but didn't.
>>
>>> I always
>>> thought super extra creepy teenage clone Jack would probably hit on her.
>>>
>> Strangely enough that thought occurred to me too. :D

>>> How exactly has he been doing that? Is he gating over on weekends when no
>>> one’s looking?
>>>
>> He put cameras up and goes to collect the videos. Its an approved
>> project of his, General Hammond and the other knew about it, just not
>> the audience. :P

>>> “The Unas are revolting!“

>>> He’s the guy I always confused with Richard Kind, right?
>>>
>> Who's Richard Kind?
>
> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504
>
> He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum that
> made everybody love him.

Ah, him. He was big on 'Spin City'.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4el3j$20pfl$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187008&group=rec.arts.tv#187008

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:47:19 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:47 UTC

On 5/21/2023 7:25 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <503578070.706412111.196408.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.

>> Benny? I wonder if that was a take on Lenny.
>>
>> Damn, Drake died young.
>

> Larry Drake was online during my Compuserve days, ca. 1986-90. He once
> said that he'd gone to pick up a prescription, and the cashier treated
> him as if he were mentally challenged, like his character on L.A. Law.
> He had to tell her, "Madam, I am an actor." He also said that kind of
> thing had happened to him more than once.

The kind of compliment on their skills that actors don't want to get. :D

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4elji$20ndl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187009&group=rec.arts.tv#187009

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:55:46 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:55 UTC

<u4elms$20vvr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187010&group=rec.arts.tv#187010

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 19:57:33 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Mon, 22 May 2023 02:57 UTC

On 2023-05-22 02:01:26 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> She appeared, what, three times? Played by as many different actresses?
>>> She’s the old woman in the future at the end of “1969“. And another one of
>>> those characters that they just memory holed. She doesn’t even appear when
>>> her mother dies, does she? Although they might mention her.
>>
>> *shrug* They built a huge complicated mythology for this show with a
>> LOT of people and moving parts. There are a LOT of things and people
>> who could have appeared more often but didn't.
>>
>>> I always
>>> thought super extra creepy teenage clone Jack would probably hit on her.
>>>
>> Strangely enough that thought occurred to me too. :D

>>> How exactly has he been doing that? Is he gating over on weekends when no
>>> one’s looking?
>>>
>> He put cameras up and goes to collect the videos. Its an approved
>> project of his, General Hammond and the other knew about it, just not
>> the audience. :P

>>> “The Unas are revolting!“

>>> He’s the guy I always confused with Richard Kind, right?
>>>
>> Who's Richard Kind?
>
> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504
>

> He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum that
> made everybody love him.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4erks$22745$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187014&group=rec.arts.tv#187014

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 21:38:56 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 22 May 2023 04:38 UTC

On 5/21/2023 7:57 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-05-22 02:01:26 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> *shrug*  They built a huge complicated mythology for this show with a
>>> LOT of people and moving parts.  There are a LOT of things and people
>>> who could have appeared more often but didn't.

>>> Strangely enough that thought occurred to me too.  :D

>>> He put cameras up and goes to collect the videos.  Its an approved
>>> project of his, General Hammond and the other knew about it, just not
>>> the audience.  :P

>>> Who's Richard Kind?
>>
>> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504
>>
>> He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum
>> that
>> made everybody love him.
>
> Wow - they blantantly ripped off Harry Mudd!!

Why not? They pretty much ripped off EVERYBODY at one point or another. :D

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4f10r$23amq$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187021&group=rec.arts.tv#187021

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 17:04:39 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 22 May 2023 00:04 UTC

<521706012.706426983.719999.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187026&group=rec.arts.tv#187026

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 23:12:01 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 06:12 UTC