Subject: Re: What G7 don't get is "de-coupling" from China at this stage is
impossible
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 12:15:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 21 May 2023 17:15 UTC

On 5/21/23 4:27 AM, RichA wrote:
> I've seen entire small cities in China dedicated to the production of goods just to serve Walmart.

Can you tell us the names of some of these cities, or admit that you are
shitposting?

You really have to see this to believe it. It's akin to when GM and
Ford employed over 100,000 people in one area and even built housing for
their workers. That kind of production power cannot be equaled in the
U.S. any more. For one thing, they wouldn't do it, workers do not want
those jobs in the U.S. For another, even if the population went up by
50 million, it wouldn't be enough. The only solution is to transfer
production to places like India, Vietnam, Indonesia and Africa and that
will take decades, even if it's possible to overcome the educational and
organizational problems with those countries. Now, the ideal situation
would have been for Mexico, Central and South America to have become
America's biggest suppliers of goods instead of China, but the people
there being uneducated, not intelligent and savage precluded them from
being part of that economic structure. They'll remain resource
economies for the foreseeable future.

> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-65662720

Re: What G7 don't get is "de-coupling" from China at this stage is impossible

<VYtaM.341965$qjm2.220006@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186931&group=rec.arts.tv#186931

impossible
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 14:06:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 21 May 2023 19:06 UTC

On 5/21/23 12:42 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 May 2023 at 13:15:48 UTC-4, trotsky wrote:
>> On 5/21/23 4:27 AM, RichA wrote:
>>> I've seen entire small cities in China dedicated to the production of goods just to serve Walmart.
>> Can you tell us the names of some of these cities, or admit that you are
>> shitposting?
>> You really have to see this to believe it. It's akin to when GM and
>> Ford employed over 100,000 people in one area and even built housing for
>> their workers. That kind of production power cannot be equaled in the
>> U.S. any more. For one thing, they wouldn't do it, workers do not want
>> those jobs in the U.S. For another, even if the population went up by
>> 50 million, it wouldn't be enough. The only solution is to transfer
>> production to places like India, Vietnam, Indonesia and Africa and that
>> will take decades, even if it's possible to overcome the educational and
>> organizational problems with those countries. Now, the ideal situation
>> would have been for Mexico, Central and South America to have become
>> America's biggest suppliers of goods instead of China, but the people
>> there being uneducated, not intelligent and savage precluded them from
>> being part of that economic structure. They'll remain resource
>> economies for the foreseeable future.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-65662720
>
> You can find them. There was a documentary film done about it way back in 2009.

So that's a "no" then. That was a bit predictable.