Clones are people two.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

SubjectAuthor
* Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". Micro spoilerdanny burstein
+- Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses".anim8rfsk
`* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerAdam H. Kerman
 +* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerdanny burstein
 |`- Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerAdam H. Kerman
 +* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerBTR1701
 |`- Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerAdam H. Kerman
 +* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerIan J. Ball
 |+* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerBTR1701
 ||`* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoileranim8rfsk
 || `* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerRhino2
 ||  +* Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoilerdanny burstein
 ||  |`- Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoileranim8rfsk
 ||  `- Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoileranim8rfsk
 |`- Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoileranim8rfsk
 `- Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoileranim8rfsk

1
Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". Micro spoiler

<Pine.NEB.4.64.2305200301410.15893@panix3.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186745&group=rec.arts.tv#186745

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". Micro spoiler
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 03:12:17 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 20 May 2023 03:12 UTC

well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
for a once off.

now the micros:

At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
at the dinner table.

Hmmm... I didn't see Joesph Hill at the table,
but can't back up on this tv... so keep your
eyes open and feel free to correct me.

Note: the formerly missing Terriciano looks just
about the same as when he disappered, and, unlike
his brother, hasn't put on much weight.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". Micro spoiler

<1780974940.706252745.347457.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186758&group=rec.arts.tv#186758

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses".
Micro spoiler
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 23:29:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 May 2023 06:29 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
> for a once off.

A really pointless one.

> now the micros:
>
> At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
> both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
> at the dinner table.

I’m glad I didn’t read the opening credits because as well as Esposito they
credited all three grandkids and Stacy Keach. I prefer being surprised
when they popped up.

> Hmmm... I didn't see Joesph Hill at the table,
> but can't back up on this tv... so keep your
> eyes open and feel free to correct me.

Joe was not in evidence, nor mentioned. Good call though with all the talk
about the family dinner table being full again. I half expected Baez to be
there.

> Note: the formerly missing Terriciano looks just
> about the same as when he disappered, and, unlike
> his brother, hasn't put on much weight.

The chunky brother has continued to be in the dinner scenes, although he
usually doesn’t have much of anything to say. The other brother has been
away at college. I think the last time we saw him was when the chunky
brother joined him at the same college but somehow the chunky brother still
manages to make family dinner. It’s a mystery.

> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dannyb@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<u4bu05$1cnqm$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186854&group=rec.arts.tv#186854

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 02:00:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 21 May 2023 02:00 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
>for a once off.

I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
sheriff's police?

>now the micros:

>At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
>both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
>at the dinner table.

Glad they're still alive. They could have said somethng about whether
the brother graduated or what he's doing in life. Nikki, of course, was
going to get a ridiculous ending.

>Hmmm... I didn't see Joesph Hill at the table,
>but can't back up on this tv... so keep your
>eyes open and feel free to correct me.

There was some commentary a month or so ago that the actor was going to
be missing from all episodes for the rest of the season but no one knew
why.

>Note: the formerly missing Terriciano looks just
>about the same as when he disappered, and, unlike
>his brother, hasn't put on much weight.

Yeah. That kid doesn't age.

Stacy Keach stole his big scene. I wanted to see him put Frank and Dylan
Walsh in detention!

We never saw Abigail Hawk stand.

Erin committed a massive prosecutorial indiscretion. She did an
"alternative prosecution" of a man who assaulted a woman. This was a
felony, yet he got diverted.

Now, in my state, the criminal COMPLETES the diversion program BEFORE
charges are withdrawn. Erin got it ass backwards.

Then, it turns out, he was the gang leader and was committing a serious
of assaults upon women in the gang. We never actually found out why.
They couldn't all have been trying to leave the gang.

I guess some of the women weren't in the gang. I loved the scene in
which the crime victim screamed at Erin for not having prosecuted him in
the first place.

Danny and Baez go after that crazy doctor who doesn't appear to have
been cured despite his stay at a locked psychiatric facility. Again,
Erin hasn't followed up.

He plies his trade in Jackie's town and she ends up as Penelope.

He escapes.

They made this huge todo about him dressing as an electrical worker but
he simply broke into Jackie's house; didn't make sense.

Dinner was not amusing but the kids were all back.

My vote for this episode's winner is Stacy Keach. The rest was
mediocre. The Erin stuff was truly awful.

Oh, I forgot. She isn't running for election 'cuz she wants to spend
more time helping crime victims. They don't seem to want her help.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<u4bugo$jtf$1@reader2.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186856&group=rec.arts.tv#186856

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 02:09:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 21 May 2023 02:09 UTC

In <u4bu05$1cnqm$1@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:

>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>>well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
>>for a once off.

>I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
>unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
>sheriff's police?

I thought I heard her make up a different town name,
as opposed to the real one of Monauk. But I could
be wrong.

Montauk, as it happens, is at the very tippy end
of Long Island. In the Good Old Daize when the
Long Island Rail Road was part of the Pennsylvania
system, they'd run sightseeing trains to it (along
with a bunch of others).

[snip]
>Stacy Keach stole his big scene. I wanted to see him put Frank and Dylan
>Walsh in detention!

>We never saw Abigail Hawk stand.

Yeah, makes one wonder...

[snip]

>My vote for this episode's winner is Stacy Keach. The rest was
>mediocre. The Erin stuff was truly awful.

Yeah. I'm not a big fan of his but he pulled
this one off perfectuly.

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<u4bupq$1cr69$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186857&group=rec.arts.tv#186857

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 02:14:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 21 May 2023 02:14 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> writes:
>>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>>>well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
>>>for a once off.

>>I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
>>unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
>>sheriff's police?

>I thought I heard her make up a different town name,
>as opposed to the real one of Monauk. But I could
>be wrong.

I just heard her say Suffolk County. I saw Montauk on the squad car.

>. . .

>[snip]
>>Stacy Keach stole his big scene. I wanted to see him put Frank and Dylan
>>Walsh in detention!

>>We never saw Abigail Hawk stand.

>Yeah, makes one wonder...

Pregnant again?

>[snip]

>>My vote for this episode's winner is Stacy Keach. The rest was
>>mediocre. The Erin stuff was truly awful.

>Yeah. I'm not a big fan of his but he pulled
>this one off perfectuly.

Yeah. Normally the character sucks.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<atropos-3AE291.20184120052023@news.giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186859&group=rec.arts.tv#186859

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 20:18:42 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 21 May 2023 03:18 UTC

In article <u4bu05$1cnqm$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
> >well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
> >for a once off.
>
> I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
> unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
> sheriff's police?

Wouldn't that make her... wait for it... the sheriff?

> >now the micros:
>
> >At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
> >both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
> >at the dinner table.
>
> Glad they're still alive. They could have said somethng about whether
> the brother graduated or what he's doing in life. Nikki, of course, was
> going to get a ridiculous ending.

She looks to have both plumped up and aged significantly and not in a
good way.

> Erin committed a massive prosecutorial indiscretion. She did an
> "alternative prosecution" of a man who assaulted a woman. This was a
> felony, yet he got diverted.
>
> Now, in my state, the criminal COMPLETES the diversion program BEFORE
> charges are withdrawn. Erin got it ass backwards.
>
> Then, it turns out, he was the gang leader and was committing a serious
> of assaults upon women in the gang. We never actually found out why.
> They couldn't all have been trying to leave the gang.
>
> I guess some of the women weren't in the gang. I loved the scene in
> which the crime victim screamed at Erin for not having prosecuted him in
> the first place.

She should have had the courage of her convictions and explained how
she's all in for the criminals these days.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<u4c4j2$1dluv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186860&group=rec.arts.tv#186860

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 20:53:06 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 21 May 2023 03:53 UTC

On 2023-05-21 02:00:37 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
>> for a once off.

Wait! What?!!

I'm shocked - I figured this would be like Robyn Lively on "NCIS" where
they never acknowledged the existence of the character, even once!
again!!

How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!

So what was Esposito's role in the episode? And who did she interact with?

> I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
> unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
> sheriff's police?
>
>> now the micros:
>
>> At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
>> both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
>> at the dinner table.

Wait! What?!!

How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!

> Glad they're still alive. They could have said somethng about whether
> the brother graduated or what he's doing in life. Nikki, of course, was
> going to get a ridiculous ending.

OK, did they finally write Nikki out for good? How did they do it?

>> Hmmm... I didn't see Joesph Hill at the table,
>> but can't back up on this tv... so keep your
>> eyes open and feel free to correct me.
>
> There was some commentary a month or so ago that the actor was going to
> be missing from all episodes for the rest of the season but no one knew
> why.
>
>> Note: the formerly missing Terriciano looks just
>> about the same as when he disappered, and, unlike
>> his brother, hasn't put on much weight.
>
> Yeah. That kid doesn't age.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<atropos-567816.21504720052023@69.muea.snfc.sfjca01r1.dsl.att.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186861&group=rec.arts.tv#186861

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 21:50:47 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 21 May 2023 04:50 UTC

In article <u4c4j2$1dluv$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-05-21 02:00:37 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
> > danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> >
> >> well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back for a once off.
>
> Wait! What?!!
>
> I'm shocked - I figured this would be like Robyn Lively on "NCIS" where
> they never acknowledged the existence of the character, even once!
> again!!
>
> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!
>
> So what was Esposito's role in the episode? And who did she interact with?

She's become the chief of a small town PD out on the far reaches of Long
Island. A serial killer Danny's been chasing kills someone in her town
so they work they case together. She only interacts with Danny and Baez.

> > I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
> > unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
> > sheriff's police?
> >
> >> now the micros:
> >
> >> At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
> >> both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
> >> at the dinner table.
>
> Wait! What?!!
>
> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!
>
> > Glad they're still alive. They could have said somethng about whether
> > the brother graduated or what he's doing in life. Nikki, of course, was
> > going to get a ridiculous ending.
>
> OK, did they finally write Nikki out for good? How did they do it?

No, the opposite. The character has always been "out there" at college
and still will be after this. She came back for this episode to attend
her mom's announcement that she's running for Manhattan D.A., which ends
up not happening in the end.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<u4c8pe$1e6ug$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186863&group=rec.arts.tv#186863

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 05:04:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 21 May 2023 05:04 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>>>well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
>>>for a once off.

>>I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
>>unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
>>sheriff's police?

>Wouldn't that make her... wait for it... the sheriff?

It was clear she wasn't an elected official. Your sheriff has three
chiefs: bailiffs, police, warden

I figured she was senior patrol officer and the detective, or something.

I have no idea. Maybe you're right and she's the elected sheriff.

>>>. . .

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<933187801.706327592.714770.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186870&group=rec.arts.tv#186870

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 01:28:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 May 2023 08:28 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
>> for a once off.
>
> I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
> unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
> sheriff's police?
>
>> now the micros:
>
>> At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
>> both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
>> at the dinner table.
>
> Glad they're still alive. They could have said somethng about whether
> the brother graduated or what he's doing in life. Nikki, of course, was
> going to get a ridiculous ending.

The other brother was still in the show fairly regularly as late as 2019
and hasn’t missed some appearance in any season yet.

I think Nicki ended up working for one of those woke companies that does
more harm than good, didn’t she?

>> Hmmm... I didn't see Joesph Hill at the table,
>> but can't back up on this tv... so keep your
>> eyes open and feel free to correct me.
>
> There was some commentary a month or so ago that the actor was going to
> be missing from all episodes for the rest of the season but no one knew
> why.

There are a lot of hits for that, but nobody says why. That said, I think
he only missed the last three episodes or something.

>> Note: the formerly missing Terriciano looks just
>> about the same as when he disappered, and, unlike
>> his brother, hasn't put on much weight.
>
> Yeah. That kid doesn't age.
>
> Stacy Keach stole his big scene. I wanted to see him put Frank and Dylan
> Walsh in detention!

I generally don’t like Keach on this show at all, but this was a good one.

> We never saw Abigail Hawk stand.

Pretty sure we did. Without checking, weren’t the Three Musketeers standing
against the back wall during Frank’s initial press conference?

> Erin committed a massive prosecutorial indiscretion. She did an
> "alternative prosecution" of a man who assaulted a woman. This was a
> felony, yet he got diverted.
>
> Now, in my state, the criminal COMPLETES the diversion program BEFORE
> charges are withdrawn. Erin got it ass backwards.
>
> Then, it turns out, he was the gang leader and was committing a serious
> of assaults upon women in the gang. We never actually found out why.
> They couldn't all have been trying to leave the gang.

But their complaining witness was. And Baez said that she had no permanent
injuries. So what the hell did she turn states evidence for? She has done
her part of the deal and is out of the gang. Now they’re going to all be
looking to kill her the rest of her life.

> I guess some of the women weren't in the gang. I loved the scene in
> which the crime victim screamed at Erin for not having prosecuted him in
> the first place.
>
> Danny and Baez go after that crazy doctor who doesn't appear to have
> been cured despite his stay at a locked psychiatric facility. Again,
> Erin hasn't followed up.

A rehash not only of that earlier serial killer Danny was chasing around
but of last week where the mad killer had a spare house.

> He plies his trade in Jackie's town and she ends up as Penelope.
>
> He escapes.
>
> They made this huge todo about him dressing as an electrical worker but
> he simply broke into Jackie's house; didn't make sense.

I think they must’ve been setting him up for tricking his way into Jackie’s
house, and then realized she must know what he looks like!

> Dinner was not amusing but the kids were all back.
>
> My vote for this episode's winner is Stacy Keach. The rest was
> mediocre. The Erin stuff was truly awful.
>
> Oh, I forgot. She isn't running for election 'cuz she wants to spend
> more time helping crime victims. They don't seem to want her help.

And so the other ADA, the criminal, who they should be going after for
murder, will be the new DA, because that’s how Erin thinks the people of
Manhattan would be best served.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<81611982.706350718.478077.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186873&group=rec.arts.tv#186873

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 02:04:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 May 2023 09:04 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <u4c4j2$1dluv$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>> Wait! What?!!
>>
>> I'm shocked - I figured this would be like Robyn Lively on "NCIS" where
>> they never acknowledged the existence of the character, even once!
>> again!!
>>
>> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!
>>
>> So what was Esposito's role in the episode? And who did she interact with?
>
> She's become the chief of a small town PD out on the far reaches of Long
> Island. A serial killer Danny's been chasing kills someone in her town
> so they work they case together. She only interacts with Danny and Baez.
>
>>> I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
>>> unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
>>> sheriff's police?

>> Wait! What?!!
>>
>> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!
>>
>>> Glad they're still alive. They could have said somethng about whether
>>> the brother graduated or what he's doing in life. Nikki, of course, was
>>> going to get a ridiculous ending.
>>
>> OK, did they finally write Nikki out for good? How did they do it?
>
> No, the opposite. The character has always been "out there" at college
> and still will be after this.

Au Contraire mon ami. Nicki graduated college 4 years ago and moved to San
Francisco to work for a woke company that makes California a worst place
to live.

She came back for this episode to attend
> her mom's announcement that she's running for Manhattan D.A., which ends
> up not happening in the end.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<1558014688.706351416.073953.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186874&group=rec.arts.tv#186874

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 02:04:20 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 May 2023 09:04 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-21 02:00:37 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
>> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> well, first a bigger one. Jennifer Esposito is back
>>> for a once off.
>
> Wait! What?!!
>
> I'm shocked - I figured this would be like Robyn Lively on "NCIS" where
> they never acknowledged the existence of the character, even once!
> again!!
>
> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!

I tagged you in Robin’s announcement about it on rat Facebook.

> So what was Esposito's role in the episode? And who did she interact with?
>
>> I had to look it up. Montauk truly is in Suffolk county but it's
>> unincorporated. No police cars. Why didn't they make her chief of the
>> sheriff's police?
>>
>>> now the micros:
>>
>>> At the end, both Nikki and umm, the other Terriciano brother,
>>> both of whom have been MIA for, like, forever, show up
>>> at the dinner table.
>
> Wait! What?!!
>
> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!

Robin tagged you on Facebook.

>> Glad they're still alive. They could have said somethng about whether
>> the brother graduated or what he's doing in life. Nikki, of course, was
>> going to get a ridiculous ending.
>
> OK, did they finally write Nikki out for good? How did they do it?

Nicki went off to college and then to the left coast where she works for
some stupid company that puts homeowners out on the street so the druggie
vagrants can take over their homes or something.

That was season 11 (she didn’t appear in season 12). Unfortunately
Paramount plus charges you to watch season 10 and 11 and 12. Anything
before that or after that is free. Idiots.

>>> Hmmm... I didn't see Joesph Hill at the table,
>>> but can't back up on this tv... so keep your
>>> eyes open and feel free to correct me.
>>
>> There was some commentary a month or so ago that the actor was going to
>> be missing from all episodes for the rest of the season but no one knew
>> why.
>>
>>> Note: the formerly missing Terriciano looks just
>>> about the same as when he disappered, and, unlike
>>> his brother, hasn't put on much weight.
>>
>> Yeah. That kid doesn't age.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<da373b30-f8aa-4ce2-b3f0-eec5041fb63bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186905&group=rec.arts.tv#186905

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 07:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Sun, 21 May 2023 14:45 UTC

On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 5:05:35 AM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article <u4c4j2$1dluv$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >> Wait! What?!!
> >>
> >> I'm shocked - I figured this would be like Robyn Lively on "NCIS" where
> >> they never acknowledged the existence of the character, even once!
> >> again!!
> >>
> >> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!
> >>
> >> So what was Esposito's role in the episode? And who did she interact with?
> >
> > She's become the chief of a small town PD out on the far reaches of Long
> > Island. A serial killer Danny's been chasing kills someone in her town
> > so they work they case together. She only interacts with Danny and Baez..

> >> Wait! What?!!
> >>
> >> How come Anim didn't tell me about this?!

> >> OK, did they finally write Nikki out for good? How did they do it?
> >
> > No, the opposite. The character has always been "out there" at college
> > and still will be after this.
> Au Contraire mon ami. Nicki graduated college 4 years ago and moved to San
> Francisco to work for a woke company that makes California a worst place
> to live.
> She came back for this episode to attend
> > her mom's announcement that she's running for Manhattan D.A., which ends
> > up not happening in the end.

My theory is that this episode was originally going to be the series finale so they decided to bring back all living members of the family (except Joe Hill and his mom) for one final big dinner. By the time they renewed it for another season, the episode had probably already been shot (or at least written) and they didn't want to reshoot dinner or even rewrite it very much..

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<u4dbpg$20c$1@reader2.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186910&group=rec.arts.tv#186910

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 15:02:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sun, 21 May 2023 15:02 UTC

In <da373b30-f8aa-4ce2-b3f0-eec5041fb63bn@googlegroups.com> Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

>My theory is that this episode was originally going to be the series finale=
> so they decided to bring back all living members of the family (except Joe=
> Hill and his mom) for one final big dinner. By the time they renewed it fo=
>r another season, the episode had probably already been shot (or at least w=
>ritten) and they didn't want to reshoot dinner or even rewrite it very much=
>.

Sounds about right.

For a couple of years now it's looked like they've been
stringing kind-of-standalone clips together that were
recorded god-know-when, and it shows, badly, with
lack of continuity.

Speaking of which did you all catch the way Donnie
and Ms. Esposito looke at each other, and Baez glanced
at them from her seat in the car, suggesting that
this is, indeed, going to be the way he exits
from the NYPD?

dannyb@panix.com

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<667511294.706391505.706795.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186940&group=rec.arts.tv#186940

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 13:10:12 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 May 2023 20:10 UTC

Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 5:05:35 AM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>>> She's become the chief of a small town PD out on the far reaches of Long
>>> Island. A serial killer Danny's been chasing kills someone in her town
>>> so they work they case together. She only interacts with Danny and Baez.

>>> No, the opposite. The character has always been "out there" at college
>>> and still will be after this.
>> Au Contraire mon ami. Nicki graduated college 4 years ago and moved to San
>> Francisco to work for a woke company that makes California a worst place
>> to live.
>> She came back for this episode to attend
>>> her mom's announcement that she's running for Manhattan D.A., which ends
>>> up not happening in the end.
>>>

> My theory is that this episode was originally going to be the series
> finale so they decided to bring back all living members of the family
> (except Joe Hill and his mom) for one final big dinner. By the time they
> renewed it for another season, the episode had probably already been shot
> (or at least written) and they didn't want to reshoot dinner or even rewrite it very much.

That seems like a decent theory. Certainly it would have served if they
don’t come back after the writers strike.

I seriously thought Baez might be there because they sure seem to have
switched back to her having a romance with Danny again.

Re: Blue Bloods, 19-May-2023, "Forgive us our Trespasses". spoiler

<407746330.706391604.754464.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186941&group=rec.arts.tv#186941

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 13:10:13 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 21 May 2023 20:10 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
> In <da373b30-f8aa-4ce2-b3f0-eec5041fb63bn@googlegroups.com> Rhino2
> <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
>> My theory is that this episode was originally going to be the series finale=
>> so they decided to bring back all living members of the family (except Joe=
>> Hill and his mom) for one final big dinner. By the time they renewed it fo=
>> r another season, the episode had probably already been shot (or at least w=
>> ritten) and they didn't want to reshoot dinner or even rewrite it very much=
>> .
>
> Sounds about right.
>
> For a couple of years now it's looked like they've been
> stringing kind-of-standalone clips together that were
> recorded god-know-when, and it shows, badly, with
> lack of continuity.

I mentioned recently that they forgot to have crazy Eddie sitting next to
Erin in Erin’s close-ups. Also, I don’t know what the hell is with Erin
sometimes sitting outside her office.

> Speaking of which did you all catch the way Donnie
> and Ms. Esposito looke at each other, and Baez glanced
> at them from her seat in the car, suggesting that
> this is, indeed, going to be the way he exits
> from the NYPD?

His exchange with Esposito, at the end, made it sound like they were hot to
trot for each other, and that he was telling her he was choosing Baez and
the baby. That’s kind of strange, because choosing Báez doesn’t mean
exiting the NYPD, but choosing Esposito would let him move out to where she
works.