Every cloud has a silver lining; you should have sold it, and bought titanium.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Robin sez Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch Date

SubjectAuthor
* Robin sez Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch Dateanim8rfsk
`- Re: Robin sez Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch DateIan J. Ball

1
Robin sez Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch Date

<201264330.706509658.725236.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187095&group=rec.arts.tv#187095

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Robin sez Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch Date
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 21:47:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 May 2023 04:47 UTC

https://deadline.com/2023/05/paramount-with-showtime-confirms-rebrand-launch-date-1235376172/

Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch Date

Paramount has confirmed the launch plans, including date, for the merged
Paramount+ with Showtime service.

The company will launch the rebranded bundle on June 27.

It comes a few days after the date leaked via an email sent out to Showtime
subscribers that paid for the service via Apple.

The move, which is currently only applicable in the U.S., comes after it
emerged in January that Showtime will no longer be a standalone brand.

Paramount+ with Showtime will cost $11.99 a month, while Paramount+ without
Showtime will cost $5.99. This is $2 more than the existing Paramount+
premium plan, that currently doesn’t have Showtime content, and $1 more
than the “Essential” plan without Showtime.

“This summer, Paramount+ will officially become the streaming home for
Showtime, further advancing our lead in being the total household service,”
said Tom Ryan, President & CEO Paramount Streaming. “By integrating the
Showtime premium and critically acclaimed portfolio with the service’s
already broad and popular slate, all at a competitive price, we will
solidify Paramount+ as a cornerstone in streaming.”

Re: Robin sez Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch Date

<u4icus$2ifch$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187129&group=rec.arts.tv#187129

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 05:52:45 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 23 May 2023 12:52 UTC

On 2023-05-23 04:47:30 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> https://deadline.com/2023/05/paramount-with-showtime-confirms-rebrand-launch-date-1235376172/
>

> Paramount+ With Showtime Confirms Rebrand Launch Date
>
> Paramount has confirmed the launch plans, including date, for the merged
> Paramount+ with Showtime service.
>
> The company will launch the rebranded bundle on June 27.
>
> It comes a few days after the date leaked via an email sent out to Showtime
> subscribers that paid for the service via Apple.
>
> The move, which is currently only applicable in the U.S., comes after it
> emerged in January that Showtime will no longer be a standalone brand.
>
> Paramount+ with Showtime will cost $11.99 a month, while Paramount+ without
> Showtime will cost $5.99. This is $2 more than the existing Paramount+
> premium plan, that currently doesn’t have Showtime content, and $1 more
> than the “Essential” plan without Showtime.
>

> “This summer, Paramount+ will officially become the streaming home for
> Showtime, further advancing our lead in being the total household service,”
> said Tom Ryan, President & CEO Paramount Streaming. “By integrating the
> Showtime premium and critically acclaimed portfolio with the service’s
> already broad and popular slate, all at a competitive price, we will
> solidify Paramount+ as a cornerstone in streaming.”

So, the standalone app, which I use, is apparently sticking around
through the rest of the year before being completely phased out.

But there is no word what happens to cable subscribers like me - My
guess? The app just goes away, and they don't give cable subscribers
even a "partial" subscription to Pee+.

IOW, I think cable subscribers are going to get *screwed* - they are
going to lose the app, and not be given anything to replace it with.