From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.brady-bunch,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.tv.brady-bunch,rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Brady Bunch' Star Susan Olsen Denies Barry Williams Had Affair With Florence Henderson: ‘There_Wasn’t_Anything_Going_On_With_Them’
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 04:30:58 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 23 May 2023 08:30 UTC

Former �Brady Bunch� actress Susan Olsen directly addressed rumors that two
of her co-stars from the television show had an affair.

Olsen, who played Cindy Brady on the classic sitcom, said that the
relationship between her on-screen mom Carol Brady (Florence Henderson) and
sibling Greg Brady (Barry Williams) was not romantic.

Fans wondered about the nature of their relationship due to Williams�
notorious crush on Henderson, who was 20 years older than him. But Olsen said
the attraction was one-sided, and their TV mom was simply flattered by his
affections but never pursued anything.

�I disliked the rumors that Florence Henderson and Barry Williams had an
affair,� Olsen, 61, told Fox News Digital.

�Barry had a crush on her,� the former child star said. �She was very kind to
him. She let him take her out for her birthday. So I don�t like the
implication that�s been out there, that something was going on with them.
There wasn�t anything going on with them except for mutual respect and love.�

Henderson died in 2016 but had previously discussed the status of her
relationship with Williams during a 1991 interview with People.

�He had a crush on me, and he asked me out for a date, which I�ll never
forget,� the actress said. �He was too young to drive, so his older brother
brought him to my hotel, and then I drove us to the Ambassador Hotel in Los
Angeles, where we saw a singer. It was so sweet because Barry made sure we
had a good table.�

�After the show, his brother picked him up and took him home,� Henderson
continued. �The crush was a very serious thing for him, so I was never
condescending. I certainly liked him too, but I wasn�t exactly the Cher of
the TV mom set.�

Williams also described the situation in his memoir, �Growing Up Brady.�

�When those little things called hormones start kicking in, you get excited
by even inanimate objects,� he said, per People. �It wasn�t that I sought to
bed her. I just wanted to spend time with her. It was flattering that she
gave me any attention at all.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Brady Bunch' Star Susan Olsen Denies Barry Williams Had Affair With Florence Henderson: ‘There_Wasn’t_Anything_Going_On_With_Them’

<4ecb5df3-f2d7-4174-a014-e4329ad8e036n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187172&group=rec.arts.tv#187172

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:45:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_"Brady_Bunch'_Star_Susan_Olsen_Denies_Barry_Will
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 23 May 2023 21:45 UTC

> Ubiquitous
>
> Olsen, who played Cindy Brady on the classic sitcom, said that the
> relationship between her on-screen mom Carol Brady (Florence
> Henderson) and sibling Greg Brady (Barry Williams) was not romantic.

Yeah but, what about Marcia's claim that she and Jan had an affair,
something that Jan vehemently denies?

Re: "Brady Bunch' Star Susan Olsen Denies Barry Williams Had Affair With Florence Henderson: `There_Wasn't_Anything_Going_On_With_Them'

<u4jq3q$2o1t5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187207&group=rec.arts.tv#187207

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 20:43:22 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 24 May 2023 01:43 UTC

On 2023-05-23 22:30:13 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> edstasiak1067@gmail.com wrote:
>> Ubiquitous
>
>>> Olsen, who played Cindy Brady on the classic sitcom, said that the
>>> relationship between her on-screen mom Carol Brady (Florence
>>> Henderson) and sibling Greg Brady (Barry Williams) was not romantic.
>>
>> Yeah but, what about Marcia's claim that she and Jan had an affair,
>> something that Jan vehemently denies?
>
> I had forgotten about that but never took it seriously either.

I don't believe I'd heard about that one before. No wonder Jan seemed
to be the least likely cast member to participate in the Brady reunion
projects.

Re: "Brady Bunch' Star Susan Olsen Denies Barry Williams Had Affair With Florence Henderson: `There_Wasn't_Anything_Going_On_With_Them'

<U4il7g$2jl4i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187220&group=rec.arts.tv#187220

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.brady-bunch,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.tv.brady-bunch
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 18:30:13 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 23 May 2023 22:30 UTC

edstasiak1067@gmail.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous

>> Olsen, who played Cindy Brady on the classic sitcom, said that the
>> relationship between her on-screen mom Carol Brady (Florence
>> Henderson) and sibling Greg Brady (Barry Williams) was not romantic.
>
>Yeah but, what about Marcia's claim that she and Jan had an affair,
>something that Jan vehemently denies?

I had forgotten about that but never took it seriously either.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Brady Bunch" Star Susan Olsen Denies Barry Williams Had Affair With Florence Henderson: `There Wasn't Anything Going On With Them'

<u54oih$1vbau$13@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187994&group=rec.arts.tv#187994

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.fan.brady-bunch,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.showbiz.gossip,alt.tv.brady-bunch
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 04:30:52 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 30 May 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <u4jq3q$2o1t5$1@dont-email.me>, super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:
> On 2023-05-23 22:30:13 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>> edstasiak1067@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Ubiquitous

>>> Yeah but, what about Marcia's claim that she and Jan had an affair,
>>> something that Jan vehemently denies?
>>
>> I had forgotten about that but never took it seriously either.
>
>I don't believe I'd heard about that one before. No wonder Jan seemed
>to be the least likely cast member to participate in the Brady reunion
>projects.

I can think of more likely reasons.

--
Let's go Brandon!