Too much is just enough. -- Mark Twain, on whiskey

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
|+* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
||+- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected progrsuzeeq
||`* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
|| `- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
|`- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
+* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|`- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
+- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
|+* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
||+- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
||`* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingThe Horny Goat
|| +- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
|| `- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
|`- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
`* Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
 `- Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<2016666633.706225027.453446.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186721&group=rec.arts.tv#186721

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 14:46:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 19 May 2023 21:46 UTC

May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, May 20

Killer Coworker (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

When a spa employee is framed for the murder of a jealous coworker, she
must uncover the culprit before she becomes their next victim. Stars Sierra
Wooldridge, Chris Kapeleris, Hailey Summer, Mal Dassin, Kendra Williams and
Rayisa Kondracki. The Futon Critic lists the release date as May 20, while
Tubi's page gives May 19. 1 hr 23 min.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27469963/

https://tubitv.com/movies/100003155/killer-coworker

The Man with My Husband's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

After a woman’s husband disappears while on a kayaking trip, everyone
assumes that he must’ve drowned. But then, she catches a glimpse of a man
in a crowd who looks exactly like him, setting off a chain of events that
unravels everything she thought she knew about her husband. Stars Koko
Marshall and Thomas Gipson.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-man-with-my-husbands-face

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23138674/

Love in Zion National: A National Park Romance (movie) (8 pm,
Hallmark Channel)

Assistant curator Lauren is out to prove a set of ancient vases belong with
the Pueblo Nation. While in Zion she meets Adam, a native Puebloan park
ranger, who helps her on her mission. Stars Cindy Busby and David Gridley.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/love-in-zion-national-a-national-park-romance

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27651275/

Love to Love You, Donna Summer (documentary) (8 pm, HBO)

Donna Summer's daughter Brooklyn Sudano teams with Oscar-winning
documentarian Roger Ross Williams to direct a look at the life of the
legendary disco-era chart-topper, who died in 2012. 1h 47m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQXInltKe8E

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/love-to-love-you-donna-summer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16442822/

Sunday, May 21

Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It’s up to his
spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20247162/

Just Jake (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

An emerging country star returns to his hometown to overcome his serious
writers's block, and reunites with his high school sweetheart.Together they
rediscover love and learn that the best music is the music you make
together. Stars Brittany Bristow and Rob Mayes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23640366/

https://uptv.com/movies/just-jake/

A Salute to NCIS: Los Angeles (special) (10 pm, CBS)

Ghosts of Beirut [new] (10 pm, Showtime)

Dermot Mulroney, Dina Shihabi, Garret Dillahunt, and Rafi Gavron star in
the drama, which is based on the true story of a decades-long manhunt for a
notorious Lebanese terrorist. This four-part international spy series from
the creators of Fauda will also be available to stream beginning May 19th.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/ghosts-of-beirut/season-1

https://www.sho.com/ghosts-of-beirut

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21100682/

Season finales:

America's Funniest Home Videos (7 pm, ABC) (season 33 finale; renewed
for season 34)

100 Foot Wave (8 pm, HBO) (season 2 finale)

American Idol (8-11 pm ET, ABC; live in all time zones) (season
21 finale; renewed for season 22)

The Equalizer (8 pm, CBS) (season 3 finale; renewed for season 4)

The Simpsons (8 pm, Fox) (season 34 finale; renewed for seasons
35 and 36)

The Great North (8:30 pm, Fox) (season 3 finale; renewed for
season 4)

Bob's Burgers (9 pm, Fox) (season 13 finale; renewed for
seasons 14 and 15)

Bunk'd (9 pm, Disney Channel) (season 6 finale; renewed for
season 7)

NCIS: Los Angeles (9 pm, CBS; special time) (season 14 and
series finale)

Tom Jones (9 pm, PBS) (limited series finale)

Monday, May 22

Prehistoric Planet (season 2 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

Season 2 of Apple's David Attenborough-narrated dino doc rolls out with one
episode each day this week through Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWlmzl2jCNs

The Randall Scandal: Love, Loathing & Vanderpump (special)
(12:01 am, Hulu)

You've heard all about #Scandoval, but the most explosive scandal raging
behind the scenes of "Vanderpump Rules" is "The Randall Scandal: Love,
Loathing, and Vanderpump." This Hulu documentary from ABC News Studios and
LA Times Studios charts the unbelievable tale of B-movie mogul Randall
Emmett who rose to fame on the heels of his engagement to Bravo megastar
Lala Kent. When their relationship publicly collapses and a bitter custody
dispute ensues, Randall is caught up in a swarm of bombshell allegations
and lawsuits that rock Hollywood and the Bravo-verse.

Prisoners of the Snow (special) (9-11 pm, ABC)

Tells the unbelievable story of the 1972 Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571
carrying a rugby team traveling with friends and family to a match in
Chile. Of the 45 passengers, only 16 ultimately survived after the plane
crashed in a remote location in the snow-covered Andes Mountains. With
reporting by ABC News contributor Chris Connelly, the two-hour documentary
features new interviews with five of the crash survivors, Nando Parrado,
Roberto Canessa, Carlitos Páez Rodríguez, Eduardo Strauch and Roy Harley.
They tell their story of fighting for survival over the course of 72 days
in the freezing wilderness. A special edition of 20/20.

Happy Valley (final season 3 premiere) (10 pm, BBC America)

Yorkshire police sergeant Catherine Cawood pursues the man who assaulted
her late daughter, unaware he is now part of a secret kidnapping plot.
British series that previously streamed on Netflix; also available on Acorn
TV and AMC+. Six episodes released weekly through June 26.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3428912/

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/happy-valley/season-3 [score 96]

Season finales:

The Neighborhood (8 pm, CBS) (season 5 finale; renewed for
season 6)

Bob (hearts) Abishola (8:30 pm, CBS) (season 4 finale; renewed
for season 5)

NCIS (9 pm, CBS) (season 20 finale; renewed for season 21)

A Small Light (9 and 10 pm, two episodes, National Geographic
Channel) (limited series finale)

NCIS: Hawai'i (10 pm, CBS) (season 2 finale; renewed for season
3)

Tuesday, May 23 ["Max" launches]

Streaming:

How I Met Your Father (season 2 summer premiere) (12:01 am,
Hulu)

Episodes 212 through 220 are released weekly through July 11, which has a
double episode.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14500082/

Wanda Sykes: I'm an Entertainer (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJdIRMolhE

https://www.netflix.com/title/81343300

MerPeople [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

MerPeople dives into the fascinating world of underwater performers who
have turned their love for the mystical sea creatures into real-world
careers. From putting on dazzling small-town shows in Florida to the
crowning of the King and Queen of the Seas in the Bahamas, this series will
take you on a journey of passion and perseverance. Get ready to set sail on
an unforgettable voyage and immerse yourself in a world where fantasy
becomes reality. Four episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hUc8HVSFk

https://www.netflix.com/title/81439780

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27613233/

Victim/Suspect (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Victim/Suspect chronicles journalist Rae de Leon’s investigation into a
shocking nationwide pattern: Young women tell the police they’ve been
sexually assaulted, but instead of finding justice, they’re charged with
the crime of making a false report, arrested, and even imprisoned by the
system they believed would protect them. 1h 30m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZaGvTpYTU

https://www.netflix.com/title/81288561

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24079788/

Afghan Dreamers (documentary) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Members of the all-girl robotics team from Afghanistan struggle to succeed
in international competitions while combating their male-dominated culture
and the threat of Taliban rule. 1h 12m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21247214/

Bama Rush (documentary) (3:01 am, Max)

BAMA RUSH follows four young women as they prepare to rush at the
University of Alabama in 2022.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<582114715.706230105.268270.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186727&group=rec.arts.tv#186727

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 16:33:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 19 May 2023 23:33 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, May 20
>

> Killer Coworker (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

A gift from Robin for Ian.

> The Man with My Husband's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

He keeps it in a jar on his nightstand

> Sunday, May 21
>

> Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
> horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
> when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
> Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
> and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It’s up to his
> spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
> sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20247162/

Wow. Another gift from Robin for Ian!

> Just Jake (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> An emerging country star returns to his hometown to overcome his serious
> writers's block, and reunites with his high school sweetheart.Together they
> rediscover love and learn that the best music is the music you make
> together. Stars Brittany Bristow and Rob Mayes.

Because I am going to pay extra to get up.

> A Salute to NCIS: Los Angeles (special) (10 pm, CBS)

Yeah, OK, DVR found it

> Season finales:
>
> NCIS: Los Angeles (9 pm, CBS; special time) (season 14 and
> series finale)

Yep

> Monday, May 22
>

> Season finales:
>
> NCIS (9 pm, CBS) (season 20 finale; renewed for season 21)

Heavy sigh. Yes.

> Tuesday, May 23 ["Max" launches]
>

> Streaming:
>

> Wanda Sykes: I'm an Entertainer (comedy special) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)

No, you’re not. You’re a lot of things and none of them are good. But you
are definitely not an entertainer.

> MerPeople [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> MerPeople dives into the fascinating world of underwater performers who
> have turned their love for the mystical sea creatures into real-world
> careers. From putting on dazzling small-town shows in Florida to the
> crowning of the King and Queen of the Seas in the Bahamas, this series will
> take you on a journey of passion and perseverance. Get ready to set sail on
> an unforgettable voyage and immerse yourself in a world where fantasy
> becomes reality. Four episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hUc8HVSFk
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81439780
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27613233/

OK, the people in my creature from the Black Lagoon groups might like this

> Afghan Dreamers (documentary) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Members of the all-girl robotics team from Afghanistan struggle to succeed
> in international competitions while combating their male-dominated culture
> and the threat of Taliban rule. 1h 12m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21247214/

I’ll tell my friends that build robots…

> Bama Rush (documentary) (3:01 am, Max)
>
> BAMA RUSH follows four young women as they prepare to rush at the
> University of Alabama in 2022.

There’s a reason why nobody gets Max

> Broadcast and cable:

> Season finales:

> Wednesday, May 24
>

> Streaming:
>

> Platonic [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Neighbors co-stars Rose Byrne and Seth Rogen reunite with the director of
> that film, Nick Stoller, for a 10-episode comedy series co-created by
> Stoller and Francesca Delbanco (who previously teamed for the Netflix
> series Friends From College). Byrne and Rogen play one-time childhood best
> friends who attempt to reconnect in adulthood after a falling out, only for
> their rekindled friendship to become increasingly all-consuming. Three
> episodes are released today, followed by single-episode weekly releases
> through July 12.

Something awful for Ian

> RM: Or, on June 23, you can watch Jennifer Lawrence in "No Hard Feelings,"
> in which she answers an ad in which "helicopter parents looking for someone
> to bring their introverted 19-year-old son out of his shell before college.
> She has one summer to make him a man or die trying."
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15671028/

So the first female action hero in the movies has fallen to this.

> Scariest Places in America ("documentary") (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Count down 13 locations ranging from haunted houses to abandoned asylums
> and a slew of frightening places in between. 1 hr 27 min. Tubi's page gives
> the release date as May 23, while The Futon Critic lists May 24.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27725757/
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/100003949/scariest-places-in-america

The peach will like that

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Prank Panel [new; sneak peek] (9 pm, ABC)
>
> People plan pranks on family members, friends and co-workers with the help
> of Johnny Knoxville, Eric Andre and Gabourey Sidibe in this comedy reality
> series. The schedule for this show is unclear to me; Metacritic says that
> the regular premiere is July 9, but The Futon Critic lists an episode
> before that on Sunday, June 4, at 7 pm.

See? They just pranked Robin!

> Season finales:
>
> Chicago Med (8 pm, NBC) (season 8 finale; renewed for season 9)
>
> The Flash (8 pm, CW) (season 9 and series finale)

The C dub must die!

> Thursday, May 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> One For All [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am, Prime
> Video)
>
> A new four-part series following Belgian superstars Thibaut Courtois, Axel
> Witsel & Romelu Lukaku.

That’s easy for you to say

> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.

Hey, as long as it’s got Tom Arnold in it

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, May 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (season 5 and series finale) (12:01
> am, Prime Video)

No, but I may get the sandwich

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Lazarus Project [new; sneak peek] (midnight, TNT)
>
> Episode one, which will be repeated on Sunday, June 4, at 9 pm, the formal
> premiere of the series.

Not unless they bring back Robert Urich

> Soul of a Nation Presents: The New Face of Hollywood (special)
> (8 pm, ABC)

He keeps it in a jar on his nightstand

> (end)

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<4i2g6i5dlqqi8b91326kn99a1gsfb2atf8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186730&group=rec.arts.tv#186730

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin???s selected programming
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 19:49:42 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 19 May 2023 23:49 UTC

On Fri, 19 May 2023 16:33:32 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

>> Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
>> horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
>> when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
>> Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
>> and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It’s up to his
>> spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
>> sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20247162/
>
>Wow. Another gift from Robin for Ian!

This sounds completely silly and the perfect sort of thing to watch if
you were completely baked.. Otherwise stay away.

>> NCIS (9 pm, CBS) (season 20 finale; renewed for season 21)
>>

>Heavy sigh. Yes.

You are there until the bitter end.. Me too.

>> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
>> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
>> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
>> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
>> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
>> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
>> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
>> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
>> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
>> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.
>
>Hey, as long as it’s got Tom Arnold in it

Arnold in an action series.. Of course I will check it out.

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>*****************************************************************************************
>>

>> Friday, May 26
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> The Lazarus Project [new; sneak peek] (midnight, TNT)
>>
>> Episode one, which will be repeated on Sunday, June 4, at 9 pm, the formal
>> premiere of the series.
>
>Not unless they bring back Robert Urich

I won't be watching this as I already saw it last year (never know if
the international series will ever make it to the USA) but I will be
watching the second season. Apparently the second season starts up
next month too.

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u494uu$qttv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186731&group=rec.arts.tv#186731

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_May_20-26,_2023:_Robin’s_selected_progr
amming
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 17:41:01 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 20 May 2023 00:41 UTC

On 5/19/2023 4:49 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 19 May 2023 16:33:32 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

>>> Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>>
>>> A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
>>> horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
>>> when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
>>> Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
>>> and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It’s up to his
>>> spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
>>> sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20247162/
>>
>> Wow. Another gift from Robin for Ian!
>>

> This sounds completely silly and the perfect sort of thing to watch if
> you were completely baked.. Otherwise stay away.
>
>>> NCIS (9 pm, CBS) (season 20 finale; renewed for season 21)
>>>

>> Heavy sigh. Yes.
>>

> You are there until the bitter end.. Me too.
>
>>> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
>>> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
>>> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
>>> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
>>> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
>>> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
>>> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
>>> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
>>> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
>>> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.
>>
>> Hey, as long as it’s got Tom Arnold in it
>

> Arnold in an action series.. Of course I will check it out.
>

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>> *****************************************************************************************
>>>

>>> Friday, May 26
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>>> The Lazarus Project [new; sneak peek] (midnight, TNT)
>>>
>>> Episode one, which will be repeated on Sunday, June 4, at 9 pm, the formal
>>> premiere of the series.
>>
>> Not unless they bring back Robert Urich
>
> I won't be watching this as I already saw it last year (never know if
> the international series will ever make it to the USA) but I will be
> watching the second season. Apparently the second season starts up
> next month too.

Yeah, I'm hoping I'll be able to get S 2 in the next week or two.

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u49del$vcgu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186743&group=rec.arts.tv#186743

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 20:05:57 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 20 May 2023 03:05 UTC

On 2023-05-19 23:33:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Wednesday, May 24
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Platonic [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> Neighbors co-stars Rose Byrne and Seth Rogen reunite with the director of
>> that film, Nick Stoller, for a 10-episode comedy series co-created by
>> Stoller and Francesca Delbanco (who previously teamed for the Netflix
>> series Friends From College). Byrne and Rogen play one-time childhood best
>> friends who attempt to reconnect in adulthood after a falling out, only for
>> their rekindled friendship to become increasingly all-consuming. Three
>> episodes are released today, followed by single-episode weekly releases
>> through July 12.
>
> Something awful for Ian

No - I like Rose Byrne, but she's like Sarah Bolger in that the TV
series she does I have no interest in watching... :(

>> RM: Or, on June 23, you can watch Jennifer Lawrence in "No Hard Feelings,"
>> in which she answers an ad in which "helicopter parents looking for someone
>> to bring their introverted 19-year-old son out of his shell before college.
>> She has one summer to make him a man or die trying."
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15671028/
>
> So the first female action hero in the movies has fallen to this.

Yeah, that sound pretty bad. OTOH, Lawrence torpedoed her own career,
so I don't have much sympathy...

>> Thursday, May 25
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
>> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
>> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
>> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
>> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
>> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
>> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
>> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
>> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
>> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.
>
> Hey, as long as it’s got Tom Arnold in it

Add this to the list - as a movie I would gladly have watched it, but I
won't bother with it if it's a series...

>> (end)

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u49f3h$vhkp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186746&group=rec.arts.tv#186746

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 20:34:09 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 20 May 2023 03:34 UTC

On 2023-05-19 21:46:19 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, May 20
>

> Killer Coworker (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> When a spa employee is framed for the murder of a jealous coworker, she
> must uncover the culprit before she becomes their next victim. Stars Sierra
> Wooldridge, Chris Kapeleris, Hailey Summer, Mal Dassin, Kendra Williams and
> Rayisa Kondracki. The Futon Critic lists the release date as May 20, while
> Tubi's page gives May 19. 1 hr 23 min.

Meh - mediocre cast. If you want me to watch these, you have to put
someone in the cast I like, like Scout Taylor-Compton in "Bury the
Bride".

> The Man with My Husband's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> After a woman’s husband disappears while on a kayaking trip, everyone
> assumes that he must’ve drowned. But then, she catches a glimpse of a man
> in a crowd who looks exactly like him, setting off a chain of events that
> unravels everything she thought she knew about her husband. Stars Koko
> Marshall and Thomas Gipson.

This, OTOH, I will watch, even though I don't know who Marshall is.

> Love in Zion National: A National Park Romance (movie) (8 pm,
> Hallmark Channel)
>
> Assistant curator Lauren is out to prove a set of ancient vases belong with
> the Pueblo Nation. While in Zion she meets Adam, a native Puebloan park
> ranger, who helps her on her mission. Stars Cindy Busby and David Gridley.

Cindy Busby is a big disappointment to me - she was actually good in
Lifetime thrillers, and she's generally *bad* in Hallmark romances, but
she's abandoned doing the former and only does the latter now.

I guess I'm done with her!

> Sunday, May 21
>

> Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
> horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
> when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
> Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
> and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It’s up to his
> spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
> sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.

Heh - I like shawn's opinion on this. OTOH, it's only 70 mins long,
which isn't too bad at all...

> Just Jake (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> An emerging country star returns to his hometown to overcome his serious
> writers's block, and reunites with his high school sweetheart.Together they
> rediscover love and learn that the best music is the music you make
> together. Stars Brittany Bristow and Rob Mayes.

I like Bristow.

But UPtv (along with TeenNick, and some of my Showtime channels) are
*low-def* on my Spectrum cable, and on the new TV I have discovered
that the "low-def" channels are basically unwatchable!!

> A Salute to NCIS: Los Angeles (special) (10 pm, CBS)
>

> Season finales:
>
> NCIS: Los Angeles (9 pm, CBS; special time) (season 14 and
> series finale)

OK - Wait, *what*?! - They are airing the series finale, and *then*
they are airing the special?! Isn't that backwards?!?!!

> Tuesday, May 23 ["Max" launches]

[sigh...]

> Streaming:
>

> How I Met Your Father (season 2 summer premiere) (12:01 am,
> Hulu)
>
> Episodes 212 through 220 are released weekly through July 11, which has a
> double episode.

I have no interest in this show. And then you add on Hilary Duff, and
it's a "HELL NO!!!"

> Bama Rush (documentary) (3:01 am, Max)
>
> BAMA RUSH follows four young women as they prepare to rush at the
> University of Alabama in 2022.

This is the kind of thing that would only be worth watching with nudity
and sex. Without that, what's the point?!!

> Clone High [new; reboot] (3:01, Max)
>
> German Genius [new; complete season 1?] (3:01 am, Max)
>
> Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai [new] (3:01 am, Max)
>
> How to Create a Sex Scandal [new; complete documentary miniseries]
> (3:01 am, Max)
>
> SmartLess: On the Road [new; complete limited series?]
> (3:01 am, Max)
>
> Talking Sopranos Podcast (3:01 am, Max)
>
> What Am I Eating? With Zooey Deschanel [new; complete season 1?]
> (3:01 am, Max)

Wow. This is *NOT* a good start!!

> Wednesday, May 24
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Clearing [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A woman attempts to stop a cult from kidnapping more children in the
> eight-part Australian psychological thriller based on J.P. Pomare's book
> "In The Clearing." Teresa Palmer, Miranda Otto, and Guy Pearce star. Two
> episodes are released today, followed by single-episode weekly releases
> through July 5.

Stop making stuff like this as series!!! (Gawd!)

> Platonic [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Neighbors co-stars Rose Byrne and Seth Rogen reunite with the director of
> that film, Nick Stoller, for a 10-episode comedy series co-created by
> Stoller and Francesca Delbanco (who previously teamed for the Netflix
> series Friends From College). Byrne and Rogen play one-time childhood best
> friends who attempt to reconnect in adulthood after a falling out, only for
> their rekindled friendship to become increasingly all-consuming. Three
> episodes are released today, followed by single-episode weekly releases
> through July 12.

Not even for Rose Byrne!!

> Hard Feelings [Hammerharte Jungs] (movie) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Two best friends try to make it through high school while dealing with
> embarrassing new urges and their very inconvenient feelings for each other.
> German film; 1h 42m.

So, there is zero context here - Is this two guys? Two girls? A guy and
a girl?...

> Mother's Day [Dzien Matki] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Nina, a secretive ex-NATO Special Operations agent, must use all her lethal
> skills to save her son who has been kidnapped by ruthless gangsters. Polish
> film; 1h 34m.

The lead looks kind of hott. Still, not likely to watch this from a
non-English country...

> Thursday, May 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.

Again - As a movie, yes. But as a series? Probably no.

> 100 Years of Warner Bros. [new] (3:01 am, Max)
>
> Morgan Freeman narrates a four-part look at the history of the famed
> Hollywood studio. Two episodes stream tonight and the remaining two arrive
> on June 1. Postponed from April 28.

Now, just called "Max"! (Or "Discovery Max"!!)

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Nightmare Pageant Moms (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> When Emilia and her daughter Sophie are left in an unexpected, dire
> financial situation, they discover an intriguing option to pay for Sophie’s
> college­entering a regional Mother-Daughter beauty pageant with a lucrative
> scholarship prize. But they don’t realize a competing mother-daughter team
> are willing to go to disturbing and dangerous lengths to win the crown.
> Stars Brittney Q. Hill, Summer Monet Finley, and Gina Simms.

This looks over-the-top fun! Gina Simms, esp. looks like she's chewing
the scenery with abandon!

> Friday, May 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> Blood & Gold (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Spring 1945. On his way home from the front to his daughter, German
> deserter Heinrich (Robert Maaser) stumbles into the clutches of a marauding
> SS troop. Their leader (Alexander Scheer) leaves him hanging in a tree. But
> he is saved at the last minute by Elsa (Marie Hacke), who hides him on her
> farm. Meanwhile, the SS is searching for a Jewish treasure hidden in a
> nearby village, meeting bitter resistance from the fed-up villagers, who
> want to keep the treasure for themselves. Soon, Heinrich and Elsa are
> unwillingly dragged into this action-packed hunt for the gold, culminating
> in a bloody showdown at the village church. German film; 1h 40m.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<743046972.706253998.852563.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186760&group=rec.arts.tv#186760

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 23:29:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 20 May 2023 06:29 UTC

> On Fri, 19 May 2023 16:33:32 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

>>> Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>>
>>> A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
>>> horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
>>> when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
>>> Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
>>> and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It’s up to his
>>> spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
>>> sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20247162/
>>
>> Wow. Another gift from Robin for Ian!
>>

> This sounds completely silly and the perfect sort of thing to watch if
> you were completely baked.. Otherwise stay away.

L O L. Yeah I guess this is for the Sharknado audience. I was taking it far
too seriously

>>> NCIS (9 pm, CBS) (season 20 finale; renewed for season 21)
>>>

>> Heavy sigh. Yes.
>>

> You are there until the bitter end.. Me too.

You realize that ducky is the only original cast member left?

>>> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
>>> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
>>> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
>>> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
>>> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
>>> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
>>> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
>>> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
>>> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
>>> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.
>>
>> Hey, as long as it’s got Tom Arnold in it
>

> Arnold in an action series.. Of course I will check it out.

Yeah, if I still have Netflix.

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>> *****************************************************************************************
>>>

>>> Friday, May 26
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> Broadcast and cable:
>>>

>>> The Lazarus Project [new; sneak peek] (midnight, TNT)
>>>
>>> Episode one, which will be repeated on Sunday, June 4, at 9 pm, the formal
>>> premiere of the series.
>>
>> Not unless they bring back Robert Urich
>
> I won't be watching this as I already saw it last year (never know if
> the international series will ever make it to the USA) but I will be
> watching the second season. Apparently the second season starts up
> next month too.

Wooo-hooo!

There are a lot of shows with Lazarus in the title. This one, a movie from
2021, a program from 2022, an actress, what looks to be a different movie
also called the Lazarus Project, Robert Urich‘s Lazarus man
Lazarus papers.
Lazarus effect.
Lazarus day of the living dead
Nader Lee Lazarus
Ladder is rising.
Lazarus Lynch
Lazarus lake
Judah Lazarus
Katie Lazarus.
Jason Lazarus.
Mark Lazarus.
Paul Lazarus.
Lazarus Jackson
Mary Lazarus.
Mark Lazarus
Noah Lazarus
The Lazarus syndrome
San Lazarus.
Larissa Crawford Lazarus
Lake Lazarus
Killing Lazarus.
Rupert Lazarus.

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<773051099.706254967.468742.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186761&group=rec.arts.tv#186761

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 23:29:55 -0700

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-19 21:46:19 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, May 20
>>

>> Killer Coworker (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> When a spa employee is framed for the murder of a jealous coworker, she
>> must uncover the culprit before she becomes their next victim. Stars Sierra
>> Wooldridge, Chris Kapeleris, Hailey Summer, Mal Dassin, Kendra Williams and
>> Rayisa Kondracki. The Futon Critic lists the release date as May 20, while
>> Tubi's page gives May 19. 1 hr 23 min.
>
> Meh - mediocre cast. If you want me to watch these, you have to put
> someone in the cast I like, like Scout Taylor-Compton in "Bury the
> Bride".
>
>> The Man with My Husband's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> After a woman’s husband disappears while on a kayaking trip, everyone
>> assumes that he must’ve drowned. But then, she catches a glimpse of a man
>> in a crowd who looks exactly like him, setting off a chain of events that
>> unravels everything she thought she knew about her husband. Stars Koko
>> Marshall and Thomas Gipson.
>
> This, OTOH, I will watch, even though I don't know who Marshall is.

She looks like a cross between Kari Matchett, and Kate, the detective from
Angel. She seems to be best known for appearing in the glass menagerie in
Constantinople.

>> Love in Zion National: A National Park Romance (movie) (8 pm,
>> Hallmark Channel)
>>
>> Assistant curator Lauren is out to prove a set of ancient vases belong with
>> the Pueblo Nation. While in Zion she meets Adam, a native Puebloan park
>> ranger, who helps her on her mission. Stars Cindy Busby and David Gridley.
>
> Cindy Busby is a big disappointment to me - she was actually good in
> Lifetime thrillers, and she's generally *bad* in Hallmark romances, but
> she's abandoned doing the former and only does the latter now.
>
> I guess I'm done with her!
>

>> Sunday, May 21
>>

>> Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
>> horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
>> when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
>> Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
>> and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It’s up to his
>> spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
>> sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.
>
> Heh - I like shawn's opinion on this. OTOH, it's only 70 mins long,
> which isn't too bad at all...
>
>> Just Jake (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>>
>> An emerging country star returns to his hometown to overcome his serious
>> writers's block, and reunites with his high school sweetheart.Together they
>> rediscover love and learn that the best music is the music you make
>> together. Stars Brittany Bristow and Rob Mayes.
>
> I like Bristow.
>
> But UPtv (along with TeenNick, and some of my Showtime channels) are
> *low-def* on my Spectrum cable, and on the new TV I have discovered
> that the "low-def" channels are basically unwatchable!!
>
>> A Salute to NCIS: Los Angeles (special) (10 pm, CBS)
>>

>> Season finales:
>>
>> NCIS: Los Angeles (9 pm, CBS; special time) (season 14 and
>> series finale)
>
> OK - Wait, *what*?! - They are airing the series finale, and *then*
> they are airing the special?! Isn't that backwards?!?!!

You would think, unless the special is full of spoilers or something.

>> (end)

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<88rg6itb6b31h34ta1id5fuhj5avv1p434@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186764&group=rec.arts.tv#186764

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 02:50:07 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 20 May 2023 06:50 UTC

On Fri, 19 May 2023 23:29:54 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 May 2023 16:33:32 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Wow. Another gift from Robin for Ian!
>>>

>> This sounds completely silly and the perfect sort of thing to watch if
>> you were completely baked.. Otherwise stay away.
>
>L O L. Yeah I guess this is for the Sharknado audience. I was taking it far
>too seriously

>>> Heavy sigh. Yes.
>>>

>> You are there until the bitter end.. Me too.
>
>You realize that ducky is the only original cast member left?

I do.. I fear that he may not make it to the end of the series.

>>> Hey, as long as it’s got Tom Arnold in it
>>

>> Arnold in an action series.. Of course I will check it out.
>
>Yeah, if I still have Netflix.

>>> *****************************************************************************************

>>> Not unless they bring back Robert Urich
>>
>> I won't be watching this as I already saw it last year (never know if
>> the international series will ever make it to the USA) but I will be
>> watching the second season. Apparently the second season starts up
>> next month too.
>
>Wooo-hooo!

It's an interesting take on time travel. Not sure just where it is
going but it definitely gets into the dangers of it.

>There are a lot of shows with Lazarus in the title. This one, a movie from
>2021, a program from 2022, an actress, what looks to be a different movie
>also called the Lazarus Project, Robert Urich‘s Lazarus man
>Lazarus papers.
>Lazarus effect.
>Lazarus day of the living dead
>Nader Lee Lazarus
>Ladder is rising.
>Lazarus Lynch
>Lazarus lake
>Judah Lazarus
>Katie Lazarus.
>Jason Lazarus.
>Mark Lazarus.
>Paul Lazarus.
>Lazarus Jackson
>Mary Lazarus.
>Mark Lazarus
>Noah Lazarus
>The Lazarus syndrome
>San Lazarus.
>Larissa Crawford Lazarus
>Lake Lazarus
>Killing Lazarus.
>Rupert Lazarus.

And people wonder why they have trouble figuring out which show is
being talked about. It's almost as bad as calling a show FROM. ;)

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u4b3o2$14uoe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=186810&group=rec.arts.tv#186810

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 18:32:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 20 May 2023 18:32 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Sunday, May 21

>Pastacolypse (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

>A feature-length animated film featuring a father-daughter survivalist
>horror comedy: a billionaire celebrity chef seeks revenge on all mankind
>when a global ban on gluten destroys his life. In the process, Alfredo
>Manicotti is disfigured into a hideous creature, half-man, half-macaroni,
>and leads a pasta uprising that threatens all of humanity. It's up to his
>spoiled heiress daughter, the angel-haired Emma, to make the ultimate
>sacrifice and save the world from the impending PASTACOLYPSE. 1h 10m.

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20247162/

"Alfredo Manicotti"

Hahahahahahaha

I'd watch this. I hope Jennifer Esposito does the commentary.

>Happy Valley (final season 3 premiere) (10 pm, BBC America)

>Yorkshire police sergeant Catherine Cawood pursues the man who assaulted
>her late daughter, unaware he is now part of a secret kidnapping plot.
>British series that previously streamed on Netflix; also available on Acorn
>TV and AMC+. Six episodes released weekly through June 26.

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3428912/

>https://www.metacritic.com/tv/happy-valley/season-3 [score 96]

I don't believe the first two seasons were on BBC America.

>Mayans M.C. (final season 5 premiere) (10 and 11 pm, two
>episodes, FX)

Yay!

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-9A16E6.14163623052023@69.muea.snfc.sfjca01r1.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187166&group=rec.arts.tv#187166

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:16:36 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 23 May 2023 21:16 UTC

In article
<2016666633.706225027.453446.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> May 20-26, 2023: Robin's selected programming

> The Man with My Husband's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> After a woman's husband disappears while on a kayaking trip, everyone
> assumes that he must've drowned. But then, she catches a glimpse of a man
> in a crowd who looks exactly like him, setting off a chain of events that
> unravels everything she thought she knew about her husband. Stars Koko
> Marshall and Thomas Gipson.

Didn't Kate Beckinsale already do this story in THE WIDOW?

> Prisoners of the Snow (special) (9-11 pm, ABC)
>
> Tells the unbelievable story of the 1972 Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571
> carrying a rugby team traveling with friends and family to a match in
> Chile. Of the 45 passengers, only 16 ultimately survived after the plane
> crashed in a remote location in the snow-covered Andes Mountains. With
> reporting by ABC News contributor Chris Connelly, the two-hour documentary
> features new interviews with five of the crash survivors, Nando Parrado,
> Roberto Canessa, Carlitos Páez Rodríguez, Eduardo Strauch and Roy Harley.
> They tell their story of fighting for survival over the course of 72 days
> in the freezing wilderness. A special edition of 20/20.

Didn't Showtime already do this story with YELLOWJACKETS?

> Wanda Sykes: I'm an Entertainer

All evidence to the contrary.
> RM: Or, on June 23, you can watch Jennifer Lawrence in NO HARD FEELINGS,
> in which she answers an ad in which "helicopter parents looking for someone
> to bring their introverted 19-year-old son out of his shell before college.
> She has one summer to make him a man or die trying."

Is this streaming or just in theaters?

> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.

Probably give this one a look.

> Blood & Gold (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Spring 1945. On his way home from the front to his daughter, German
> deserter Heinrich (Robert Maaser) stumbles into the clutches of a marauding
> SS troop. Their leader (Alexander Scheer) leaves him hanging in a tree. But
> he is saved at the last minute by Elsa (Marie Hacke), who hides him on her
> farm. Meanwhile, the SS is searching for a Jewish treasure hidden in a
> nearby village, meeting bitter resistance from the fed-up villagers, who
> want to keep the treasure for themselves. Soon, Heinrich and Elsa are
> unwillingly dragged into this action-packed hunt for the gold, culminating
> in a bloody showdown at the village church. German film; 1h 40m.

How is this a German film? I thought it was against the law in Germany
to depict Nazis and Nazi symbolism in any way?

> Influencer (movie) (3:01 am, Shudder)
>
> Influencer tells the story of Madison (Emily Tennant), a popular social
> media influencer who is having a lonely and uneventful trip in Thailand
> despite what she tells her followers on Instagram. While reflecting on her
> boyfriend canceling the trip, she meets CW (Cassandra Naud), a fearless and
> enigmatic traveler who offers to take her to some of the most
> Instagram-worthy locations. Together they share authentic meals and drinks
> with locals, discussing the differences between Madison's online presence
> and CW's lack of one. After showing Madison all of the amazing sights,
> things take a different turn when CW brings her to a surprise location - a
> deserted island that is completely off the grid. 1h 32m.

If they could promise me that the influencer dies a horrible, violent
death, then I'd be on board with this movie, but it sounds like the
influencer is the hero of this piece and will end up being the battered
but triumphant survivor.

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<247578214.706575525.423469.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187188&group=rec.arts.tv#187188

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 16:09:43 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 May 2023 23:09 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <2016666633.706225027.453446.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin's selected programming
>
>> The Man with My Husband's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> After a woman's husband disappears while on a kayaking trip, everyone
>> assumes that he must've drowned. But then, she catches a glimpse of a man
>> in a crowd who looks exactly like him, setting off a chain of events that
>> unravels everything she thought she knew about her husband. Stars Koko
>> Marshall and Thomas Gipson.
>
> Didn't Kate Beckinsale already do this story in THE WIDOW?
>
>> Prisoners of the Snow (special) (9-11 pm, ABC)
>>
>> Tells the unbelievable story of the 1972 Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571
>> carrying a rugby team traveling with friends and family to a match in
>> Chile. Of the 45 passengers, only 16 ultimately survived after the plane
>> crashed in a remote location in the snow-covered Andes Mountains. With
>> reporting by ABC News contributor Chris Connelly, the two-hour documentary
>> features new interviews with five of the crash survivors, Nando Parrado,
>> Roberto Canessa, Carlitos Páez Rodríguez, Eduardo Strauch and Roy Harley.
>> They tell their story of fighting for survival over the course of 72 days
>> in the freezing wilderness. A special edition of 20/20.
>
> Didn't Showtime already do this story with YELLOWJACKETS?
>
>> Wanda Sykes: I'm an Entertainer
>
> All evidence to the contrary.

She was some sort of roving host at an awards show, and went down to the
audience and asked Bill Cosby why he had been successful, but it sounded
like she was saying Mushu Mushu, cool shoe to shoe to which Cosby replied
“we spoke English“

>> RM: Or, on June 23, you can watch Jennifer Lawrence in NO HARD FEELINGS,
>> in which she answers an ad in which "helicopter parents looking for someone
>> to bring their introverted 19-year-old son out of his shell before college.
>> She has one summer to make him a man or die trying."
>
> Is this streaming or just in theaters?

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/no-hard-feelings?id=55a9e919306058389e2c08038eaf541e

Why is she turning so ugly so young?

>> FUBAR [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Netflix's long-gestating "untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger project" has a
>> name, and it's FUBAR. The actor/governor's first TV series is an action spy
>> comedy that finds him playing a CIA agent on the verge of retirement who is
>> called upon for the genre-standard "one last job" after discovering that
>> his daughter (Monica Barbaro) has also been working as a CIA operative for
>> years without either one realizing the other's involvement with the agency.
>> The series comes from Nick Santora (Reacher, Scorpion) and also stars
>> Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Adam Pally, Milan Carter, and Travis Van
>> Winkle, while guests include Jay Baruchel, Dustin Milligan, Scott Thompson,
>> and Tom Arnold. All eight episodes stream today.
>
> Probably give this one a look.
>
>> Blood & Gold (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Spring 1945. On his way home from the front to his daughter, German
>> deserter Heinrich (Robert Maaser) stumbles into the clutches of a marauding
>> SS troop. Their leader (Alexander Scheer) leaves him hanging in a tree. But
>> he is saved at the last minute by Elsa (Marie Hacke), who hides him on her
>> farm. Meanwhile, the SS is searching for a Jewish treasure hidden in a
>> nearby village, meeting bitter resistance from the fed-up villagers, who
>> want to keep the treasure for themselves. Soon, Heinrich and Elsa are
>> unwillingly dragged into this action-packed hunt for the gold, culminating
>> in a bloody showdown at the village church. German film; 1h 40m.
>
> How is this a German film? I thought it was against the law in Germany
> to depict Nazis and Nazi symbolism in any way?
>
>> Influencer (movie) (3:01 am, Shudder)
>>
>> Influencer tells the story of Madison (Emily Tennant), a popular social
>> media influencer who is having a lonely and uneventful trip in Thailand
>> despite what she tells her followers on Instagram. While reflecting on her
>> boyfriend canceling the trip, she meets CW (Cassandra Naud), a fearless and
>> enigmatic traveler who offers to take her to some of the most
>> Instagram-worthy locations. Together they share authentic meals and drinks
>> with locals, discussing the differences between Madison's online presence
>> and CW's lack of one. After showing Madison all of the amazing sights,
>> things take a different turn when CW brings her to a surprise location - a
>> deserted island that is completely off the grid. 1h 32m.
>
> If they could promise me that the influencer dies a horrible, violent
> death, then I'd be on board with this movie, but it sounds like the
> influencer is the hero of this piece and will end up being the battered
> but triumphant survivor.

Ian is our dedicated viewer for Shudder.

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<jtjq6i9r498boo9e7j0g1otjbu3kd5hdqg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187190&group=rec.arts.tv#187190

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 19:44:09 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 May 2023 23:44 UTC

On Tue, 23 May 2023 16:09:43 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <2016666633.706225027.453446.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin's selected programming
>>
>>> The Man with My Husband's Face (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> After a woman's husband disappears while on a kayaking trip, everyone
>>> assumes that he must've drowned. But then, she catches a glimpse of a man
>>> in a crowd who looks exactly like him, setting off a chain of events that
>>> unravels everything she thought she knew about her husband. Stars Koko
>>> Marshall and Thomas Gipson.
>>
>> Didn't Kate Beckinsale already do this story in THE WIDOW?
>>
>>> Prisoners of the Snow (special) (9-11 pm, ABC)
>>>
>>> Tells the unbelievable story of the 1972 Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571
>>> carrying a rugby team traveling with friends and family to a match in
>>> Chile. Of the 45 passengers, only 16 ultimately survived after the plane
>>> crashed in a remote location in the snow-covered Andes Mountains. With
>>> reporting by ABC News contributor Chris Connelly, the two-hour documentary
>>> features new interviews with five of the crash survivors, Nando Parrado,
>>> Roberto Canessa, Carlitos Páez Rodríguez, Eduardo Strauch and Roy Harley.
>>> They tell their story of fighting for survival over the course of 72 days
>>> in the freezing wilderness. A special edition of 20/20.
>>
>> Didn't Showtime already do this story with YELLOWJACKETS?
>>
>>> Wanda Sykes: I'm an Entertainer
>>
>> All evidence to the contrary.
>
>She was some sort of roving host at an awards show, and went down to the
>audience and asked Bill Cosby why he had been successful, but it sounded
>like she was saying Mushu Mushu, cool shoe to shoe to which Cosby replied
>“we spoke English“
>

>>> RM: Or, on June 23, you can watch Jennifer Lawrence in NO HARD FEELINGS,
>>> in which she answers an ad in which "helicopter parents looking for someone
>>> to bring their introverted 19-year-old son out of his shell before college.
>>> She has one summer to make him a man or die trying."
>>
>> Is this streaming or just in theaters?
>
>https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies/no-hard-feelings?id=55a9e919306058389e2c08038eaf541e
>
>Why is she turning so ugly so young?

I don't see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1J_RruaKk

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u4jkcd$2ni2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187194&group=rec.arts.tv#187194

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 17:05:33 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 24 May 2023 00:05 UTC

On 2023-05-23 21:16:36 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article
> <2016666633.706225027.453446.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin's selected programming
>
>> Influencer (movie) (3:01 am, Shudder)
>>
>> Influencer tells the story of Madison (Emily Tennant), a popular social
>> media influencer who is having a lonely and uneventful trip in Thailand
>> despite what she tells her followers on Instagram. While reflecting on her
>> boyfriend canceling the trip, she meets CW (Cassandra Naud), a fearless and
>> enigmatic traveler who offers to take her to some of the most
>> Instagram-worthy locations. Together they share authentic meals and drinks
>> with locals, discussing the differences between Madison's online presence
>> and CW's lack of one. After showing Madison all of the amazing sights,
>> things take a different turn when CW brings her to a surprise location - a
>> deserted island that is completely off the grid. 1h 32m.
>
> If they could promise me that the influencer dies a horrible, violent
> death, then I'd be on board with this movie, but it sounds like the
> influencer is the hero of this piece and will end up being the battered
> but triumphant survivor.

Emily Tennant is almost *never* the villain! Basically, just in a
couple of episodes of "Motive". Any other time, and she's the innocent
"doe in the woods"!!

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<g6tt6i1bjq09jm53ouj7oo7qk79gsv9ru4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187347&group=rec.arts.tv#187347

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:40:54 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 25 May 2023 05:40 UTC

wrote:

>> If they could promise me that the influencer dies a horrible, violent
>> death, then I'd be on board with this movie, but it sounds like the
>> influencer is the hero of this piece and will end up being the battered
>> but triumphant survivor.
>>

>Ian is our dedicated viewer for Shudder.

I didn't realize anybody here so disliked Ian to wish that on him...

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<219953264.706688548.752153.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187350&group=rec.arts.tv#187350

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 00:52:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 May 2023 07:52 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2023 16:09:43 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>>> If they could promise me that the influencer dies a horrible, violent
>>> death, then I'd be on board with this movie, but it sounds like the
>>> influencer is the hero of this piece and will end up being the battered
>>> but triumphant survivor.
>>>

>> Ian is our dedicated viewer for Shudder.
>
> I didn't realize anybody here so disliked Ian to wish that on him...

I knew the job was dangerous when he took it

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<m78u6i9t0fn656e05kp6691fain74q03kb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187351&group=rec.arts.tv#187351

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 04:49:42 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 25 May 2023 08:49 UTC

On Wed, 24 May 2023 22:40:54 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Tue, 23 May 2023 16:09:43 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>wrote:
>
>>> If they could promise me that the influencer dies a horrible, violent
>>> death, then I'd be on board with this movie, but it sounds like the
>>> influencer is the hero of this piece and will end up being the battered
>>> but triumphant survivor.
>>>

>>Ian is our dedicated viewer for Shudder.
>
>I didn't realize anybody here so disliked Ian to wish that on him...

No one truly hates Ian or they would have him watching the CW and only
the CW. 24x7 CW.

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u4uq6h$os4g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187767&group=rec.arts.tv#187767

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 22:52:17 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 28 May 2023 05:52 UTC

On 2023-05-19 21:46:19 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> [snip]

Note: Looks like Tubi slipped in another one under Robin's nose:

"Hidden Exposure" was released on Tubi either on Tues., May 23 or Wed.,
May 24 (I'm not 100% sure with, though it seems like it might have been
May 23).

Re: May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u4ur1i$oui3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187768&group=rec.arts.tv#187768

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 23:06:42 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 28 May 2023 06:06 UTC

On 2023-05-28 05:52:17 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2023-05-19 21:46:19 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> May 20-26, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> [snip]
>
> Note: Looks like Tubi slipped in another one under Robin's nose:
>
> "Hidden Exposure" was released on Tubi either on Tues., May 23 or Wed.,
> May 24 (I'm not 100% sure with, though it seems like it might have been
> May 23).

Also missed:

"A Killer Romance" on Fri., May 26.

Interestingly, neither of these are listed by Futon Critic at:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/tubi-special/listings/