Everything in this book may be wrong. -- Messiah's Handbook : Reminders for the Advanced Soul

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)shawn
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)shawn
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)anim8rfsk
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)shawn
|| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)anim8rfsk
|| |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)shawn
|| | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)anim8rfsk
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)shawn
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
+- What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Ubiquitous
+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)BTR1701
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)A Friend
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)anim8rfsk
   +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)BTR1701
   |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Adam H. Kerman
   | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)shawn
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Ubiquitous
    +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)anim8rfsk
    |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)shawn
    | +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)anim8rfsk
    | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Ubiquitous
    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)BTR1701
     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)Ubiquitous
      `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)BTR1701
       `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)anim8rfsk

Pages:12
What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<83lo6i12svjf4b11nrd40usfal7mq0ve6p@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187100&group=rec.arts.tv#187100

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:32 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 May 2023 05:58 UTC

Star Trek Strange New World Season 1 Episode 1

Where in we find Christopher Pike, Star ship Captain, who is unsure if
he wants to captain again after his last mission. However duty comes
calling in the form of an Admiral who tells him that his Number One
(lets hope we don't meet Number Two) has gone missing. So the
Enterprise is sent out early from her refit to go retrieve the missing
members.

Turns out that the Gorn had seen the warp signatures when a bunch of
ships traveled into the past and ended up near by the Gorn home world.
Their scientists were able to puzzle out how the ships traveled and
understand warp tech, but they used it to build a weapon because two
nations have been in conflict for generations. That gives Pike a
reason to confront the Gorn without disguise, in spite of the Prime
Directive. This leads to the leaders of the two countries to start
talking with each other and Pike offering the choice of joining the
Federation.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds S01 E2

Where the Trekies attempt to save a world that is about to lose all
intelligent life as a comet is about to crash into it. A comet that
they later show from the planet side moving away from the planet so
crisis avoided, right?

No, bad animation found but the crisis still awaits as the comet isn't
actually a comet but an alien ship with no one aboard but it is
powered up and puts up a shield when it feels threatened. (Would harsh
words cause the shield to go up?)

It also feels threatened when touched and manages to kill Kirk (but
not that Kirk). Luckily defibrillator mode manages to save Kirk who
has been breathing alien air since Spock removed his helmet. Never
mind that the air is supposedly breathable but who knows what
micro-organisms are to be found in the alien air.

Turns out the 'comet' is protected by the 'Shepards' who apparently
spend their days trailing the comet as it goes through space. A rather
unusual thing for such a large and power ship that must be full of
people to do. It would be different if they did it for a short time to
study the comet but this appears to be their life's mission. Makes you
wonder how this even started.

Turns out the secret to talking to Mahaneet (the comet) is through
music. Though just how Uhura lucks into the right tunes to get
Mahaneet to do what they want is beyond me.

This is also when we get some odd decisions by the production team.
First they have the ship fly through a cloud of rocks following the
comet to get in front of the comet. Not as protection but just what
they decided was the best path to take. Then we have the alien Shepard
who have bulging bits on the back side of their heads. Sort of like a
frog but it just makes me think these guys would be easy to knock out
or kill in physical fight. Lastly we get a scene on the view screen
but it's not of the front of the comet or the planet below, either of
which would be expected given where the ship is located. No, the view
is of the comet seen from miles away. Where the ship definitely isn't.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<mglo6idkeaos9prhl71bra70tbeas1mtvm@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187101&group=rec.arts.tv#187101

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 01:59:18 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 May 2023 05:59 UTC

On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:32 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>Turns out the secret to talking to Mahaneet (the comet) is through
>music. Though just how Uhura lucks into the right tunes to get
>Mahaneet to do what they want is beyond me.
>
>This is also when we get some odd decisions by the production team.
>First they have the ship fly through a cloud of rocks following the
>comet to get in front of the comet. Not as protection but just what
>they decided was the best path to take. Then we have the alien Shepard
>who have bulging bits on the back side of their heads. Sort of like a
>frog but it just makes me think these guys would be easy to knock out
>or kill in physical fight. Lastly we get a scene on the view screen
>but it's not of the front of the comet or the planet below, either of
>which would be expected given where the ship is located. No, the view
>is of the comet seen from miles away. Where the ship definitely isn't.

Ooops.. What did YOU, yes I mean you, watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<1086593723.706520583.679448.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187102&group=rec.arts.tv#187102

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 01:02:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 May 2023 08:02 UTC

> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:32 -0400, shawn
> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>

> Ooops.. What did YOU, yes I mean you, watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

And, as I pulled up the DVR menu to see what I had watched in the last 24
hours, Cox took it over again for yet another emergency alert test that
they say they do weekly but they actually do a couple times a day…

NCIS, S20E22 “Black Sky“
More messing around with these people they keep arresting that turned out
to be sleeper agents. Nick goes undercover in prison and the rest of them
run around trying to figure out what the Godless Ruskies evil plan is. It
turns out they’re going to black out the entire United States, which will
destroy civilization as we know it. They say the only way they can do this
is with a panoramic virus or something. This is amazingly stupid because it
actually gets deployed and somehow this computer virus stops battery
operated lights from working. The evil bad guy has flown in from Russia in
his private jet and yet they set the virus off right before he’s going to
land, which would probably be a problem. They say his evil super genius
daughter asked to sit at the computer to keep the blackout going, but once
they capture her, Tim and team have to work to reverse the effects. I never
figured out if they blocked out more than just the DC area but once the
lights came back on everything was fine. Me, I’m still wondering how Tim
and team reversed the computer virus when nothing, not even battery
operated emergency lights, was working. I am also wondering why the cars
are working.

In prison, Nick is at the next visitors window to a guy he recognizes from
his past. The other prisoner at the next window somehow doesn’t recognize
Nick’s lawyer, Parker, when he pretends to be the villains lawyer.

Next week will Nick murder the guy he recognized? And will this be how they
get FEZ off the series? Expiring minds want to know!

What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<UBI20230522@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187104&group=rec.arts.tv#187104

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 23 May 2023 08:30 UTC

After an arduous workout, I watched:

YOU TUBE:
"The SILLIEST Episode of Star Trak: The Animated Series".
https://youtu.be/YL5GevhM2h8

"TNG had the worst pilot of all time".
https://youtu.be/TedCLj44kZA

"Star Trek's Series Finale Was Horrible (and Sexist)".
https://youtu.be/UuSdYL3ByX0

"Balenciaga Scooby Doo Collection".
https://youtu.be/tXfZw7nFMCg

HISTORY'S GREATEST MYSTERIES:
"The Legend Of Bigfoot". Thousands of people swear they have encountered
Bigfoot, but this legendary North American creature has never been officially
identified. Nothing very new was revealed.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u4idtv$2incm$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187132&group=rec.arts.tv#187132

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 06:09:19 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 23 May 2023 13:09 UTC

On 2023-05-23 05:59:18 +0000, shawn said:

> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:32 -0400, shawn
> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> Star Trek Strange New World Season 1 Episode 1
>>
>> Star Trek Strange New Worlds S01 E2
>
> Ooops.. What did YOU, yes I mean you, watch?

I think I only got through soaps yesterday.

soaps: DOOL - Whoa! I did not see that ending coming!! I just figured
that with Colin and Talia struggling over the gun that it would go off
and shoot Paulina!! Now, let's see if they have the guts to do what
needs to be done here!... Sloan points out to DA Trask that Jada's
sister is also involved in this mess, and Trask releases Sloan from
custody. Meanwhile, EJ cynically proposes to Nicole, and it's not a
"yes".
GH - Nina whines to Sonny. Josslyn whines to Michael. Gregory gets
into it with Tracy Quartermaine (I still can't believe she's mid-70s!!)
over Chase. Sasha makes up with Cody, but still refuses to believe that
Gladys framed him.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u4ig1s$2j073$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187136&group=rec.arts.tv#187136

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 06:45:33 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 23 May 2023 13:45 UTC

Stargate SG-1, S5E10 '2001' (DVD)
"SGC has met the Volians, a simple, peaceful people which trades its
agricultural produce with the technologically most advanced Aschen,
whose envoy Mollen accepts to negotiate an elaborate treaty aboard one
of their amazing ships, which process an entire harvest in a minute,
with earth's delegation: presidential ambassador Joseph Faxon, Jack and
Sam. Remaining on the Volian planet, Teal'c and Daniel discover the
ruins of a suddenly abandoned city, from which Daniel deduces their once
advanced civilization and demography were abruptly broken about the time
the Volians met the Ashen and received a vaccine from them. In SGC
Jack's note from the future warning against the Ashen is found, but the
White House and especially ambitious senator Robert Kinsey refuse to
listen to any objection to a treaty about joining the Ashen
confederation promising valuable technology."

Dr. Daniel Jackson: I just hope we don't regret giving them those gate
addresses.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: I don't think we will... the first one being a
black hole, and all. They get progressively darker after that.

Trivia: When Senator Robert Kinsey storms out of the Gate Room after
Major Carter returns, Col. O'Neill tells Kinsey, "That's O'Neill... with
2 L's!", which he 'expresses' by holding up his first THREE (3) fingers;
thereby asking Kinsey...and us the viewer...to 'read between the lines'. ;)

Commentary by Peter DeLuise (director), a producer and TICHENOR!!!!! (he
screamed like Kirk screamed "Khan"). DeLuise is still wondering why the
MGM lion is always so pissed off. And the Pharoah statue is so stoned
he's cross-eyed. Any commentary involving DeLuise tends to devolve to
toilet level humor and this one is no exception with an extensive
discussion throughout the episode about Walter's constipation.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u4ijkq$2jgf1$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187141&group=rec.arts.tv#187141

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 07:46:22 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 23 May 2023 14:46 UTC

On 5/22/2023 10:59 PM, shawn wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Turns out the secret to talking to Mahaneet (the comet) is through
>> music. Though just how Uhura lucks into the right tunes to get
>> Mahaneet to do what they want is beyond me.
>>
>> This is also when we get some odd decisions by the production team.
>> First they have the ship fly through a cloud of rocks following the
>> comet to get in front of the comet. Not as protection but just what
>> they decided was the best path to take. Then we have the alien Shepard
>> who have bulging bits on the back side of their heads. Sort of like a
>> frog but it just makes me think these guys would be easy to knock out
>> or kill in physical fight. Lastly we get a scene on the view screen
>> but it's not of the front of the comet or the planet below, either of
>> which would be expected given where the ship is located. No, the view
>> is of the comet seen from miles away. Where the ship definitely isn't.

Was the comet hollow and if so did anyone in it touch the sky?

> Ooops.. What did YOU, yes I mean you, watch?

I watched:

The Mysterious Benedict Society (Disney+) - I binged through the rest of
the episodes. The first half of season 2 felt like filler, but things
did start to pick up and feel more like season 1 during the second half.
Highlight had to be when Constance (the innocent looking little girl)
threatened to take a doll and shove down one of the villain's throat and
suffocate her with it. Now that's was some season 1 dialogue! Anyway
they wrapped everything up by the end of the season and set up a
potential new villain for season 2 (that now won't happen).

Harmonious (Disney+) - This was on the list of programs being removed
from Disney+. I saw lots of complaints about it being removed so I
decided to check it out. It's a recording of a live stream of a show at
Disney World from last year. It's basically 30 minutes of music from
various Disney movies sung by an international team of musicians and
singers, but better than my description of it.

Hypnotic (theatrical) New sci-fi action movie written and directed by
Robert Rodriguez and starring Ben Affleck and Alice Braga. This is a
hard movie to describe without hitting major spoilers. This is a
situation where the trailer truly did not spoil anything about the
movie. I'll try not to say anything that's not in the trailer. Affleck
plays a cop whose daughter was kidnapped a few years earlier. They
caught the kidnapper but never found the girl. The kidnapper claims he
has no memory of kidnapping the girl or where she's at. Jump to present
day where Affleck gets a new case involving a series of bank robberies
that seem to be inside jobs but soon discovers they are being
orchestrated by a mysterious man (William Fichtner) who has the ability
to control people's minds. But things take a twist when during the
latest bank robbery Fichtner is trying to steal a picture of Affleck's
daughter from a safety deposit box. Now Affleck is after Fictner not
just because of the bank robberies but because he also has something to
do with his daughter's kidnapping.

The movie felt a *lot* like "Firestarter." It could easily be set in
the same universe or even a sequel to it. There's more going on, but
spoilers so I'll keep my mouth shut. It's definitely worth checking out
especially if you want to go into a movie now knowing what's going to
happen next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDFoQYFBDkE

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<fkop6ihcsoa8rjrij3ksnc9vspirhkk7mb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187144&group=rec.arts.tv#187144

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 12:13:07 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 May 2023 16:13 UTC

On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:02:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:32 -0400, shawn
>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>

>> Ooops.. What did YOU, yes I mean you, watch?
>>

>Hey, thanks for asking!
>
>And, as I pulled up the DVR menu to see what I had watched in the last 24
>hours, Cox took it over again for yet another emergency alert test that
>they say they do weekly but they actually do a couple times a day…
>
>NCIS, S20E22 “Black Sky“
>More messing around with these people they keep arresting that turned out
>to be sleeper agents. Nick goes undercover in prison and the rest of them
>run around trying to figure out what the Godless Ruskies evil plan is. It
>turns out they’re going to black out the entire United States, which will
>destroy civilization as we know it. They say the only way they can do this
>is with a panoramic virus or something.

Polymorphic virus. Which is the typical way viruses are now written to
avoid having a specific signature that can be added to an anti-virus
to identify any virus.

>This is amazingly stupid because it
>actually gets deployed and somehow this computer virus stops battery
>operated lights from working.

It's a very powerful virus. Probably works on artificial electricity
too.
>The evil bad guy has flown in from Russia in
>his private jet and yet they set the virus off right before he’s going to
>land, which would probably be a problem.

I don't know why he felt he had to be in the heart of the powerless
country to enjoy the show.

>They say his evil super genius
>daughter asked to sit at the computer to keep the blackout going, but once
>they capture her, Tim and team have to work to reverse the effects.

That at least made some sense because she was apparently going sector
by sector shutting down the power. I guess to enjoy the spreading fear
though it would allow the power companies to begin to protect
themselves from the virus by simply shutting down any external
connections to the Internet. Not that there should be any connection
to the Internet between the generators and the Internet. Oh, and the
128 bit encryption isn't that tough to beat anymore. Especially if you
can bring a quantum computer into the mix.

>I never
>figured out if they blocked out more than just the DC area but once the
>lights came back on everything was fine. Me, I’m still wondering how Tim
>and team reversed the computer virus when nothing, not even battery
>operated emergency lights, was working. I am also wondering why the cars
>are working.

It's a magical virus. It can connect to the power stations even when
the Internet is down. The cars are working because they run on gas.
All the electric cars were dead as a doornail.

>In prison, Nick is at the next visitors window to a guy he recognizes from
>his past. The other prisoner at the next window somehow doesn’t recognize
>Nick’s lawyer, Parker, when he pretends to be the villains lawyer.

That wasn't the same guy. The guy at the visitors window that Nick
recognized was visiting the young kid. Apparently playing the same kid
with the kid and setting him up as a fall guy that he must have done
with Nick's family.

>Next week will Nick murder the guy he recognized? And will this be how they
>get FEZ off the series? Expiring minds want to know!

They need to know before they expire.

Speaking of getting Fez off the show what happened with the rumor
going around that he was leaving the show. Was that just a rumor that
took off or was there some truth to it?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<348999779.706554306.903411.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187147&group=rec.arts.tv#187147

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 10:18:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 May 2023 17:18 UTC

> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:02:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:32 -0400, shawn
>>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Ooops.. What did YOU, yes I mean you, watch?
>>>

>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> And, as I pulled up the DVR menu to see what I had watched in the last 24
>> hours, Cox took it over again for yet another emergency alert test that
>> they say they do weekly but they actually do a couple times a day…
>>
>> NCIS, S20E22 “Black Sky“
>> More messing around with these people they keep arresting that turned out
>> to be sleeper agents. Nick goes undercover in prison and the rest of them
>> run around trying to figure out what the Godless Ruskies evil plan is. It
>> turns out they’re going to black out the entire United States, which will
>> destroy civilization as we know it. They say the only way they can do this
>> is with a panoramic virus or something.
>
> Polymorphic virus. Which is the typical way viruses are now written to
> avoid having a specific signature that can be added to an anti-virus
> to identify any virus.
>
>> This is amazingly stupid because it
>> actually gets deployed and somehow this computer virus stops battery
>> operated lights from working.
>
> It's a very powerful virus. Probably works on artificial electricity
> too.
>> The evil bad guy has flown in from Russia in
>> his private jet and yet they set the virus off right before he’s going to
>> land, which would probably be a problem.
>
> I don't know why he felt he had to be in the heart of the powerless on
> country to enjoy the show.

It might’ve been fun to watch from the air. But why land right where the
evil computer is? Right after the lights go out?

>> They say his evil super genius
>> daughter asked to sit at the computer to keep the blackout going, but once
>> they capture her, Tim and team have to work to reverse the effects.
>
> That at least made some sense because she was apparently going sector
> by sector shutting down the power. I guess to enjoy the spreading fear
> though it would allow the power companies to begin to protect
> themselves from the virus by simply shutting down any external
> connections to the Internet.

Also, I don’t see how she’s going to get any reports on spreading fear when
everything is shut down.

Not that there should be any connection
> to the Internet between the generators and the Internet. Oh, and the
> 128 bit encryption isn't that tough to beat anymore. Especially if you
> can bring a quantum computer into the mix.

I think Mc Proby said it was 4×128 bit encryption. Super Duper encryption.

>> I never
>> figured out if they blocked out more than just the DC area but once the
>> lights came back on everything was fine. Me, I’m still wondering how Tim
>> and team reversed the computer virus when nothing, not even battery
>> operated emergency lights, was working. I am also wondering why the cars
>> are working.
>
> It's a magical virus. It can connect to the power stations even when
> the Internet is down. The cars are working because they run on gas.
> All the electric cars were dead as a doornail.

Heh

All they have to do is change out the solenoids.

>> In prison, Nick is at the next visitors window to a guy he recognizes from
>> his past. The other prisoner at the next window somehow doesn’t recognize
>> Nick’s lawyer, Parker, when he pretends to be the villains lawyer.
>
> That wasn't the same guy. The guy at the visitors window that Nick
> recognized was visiting the young kid. Apparently playing the same kid
> with the kid and setting him up as a fall guy that he must have done
> with Nick's family.

Thanks

>> Next week will Nick murder the guy he recognized? And will this be how they
>> get FEZ off the series? Expiring minds want to know!
>
> They need to know before they expire.
>
> Speaking of getting Fez off the show what happened with the rumor
> going around that he was leaving the show. Was that just a rumor that
> took off or was there some truth to it?

He keeps putting out press releases that he’s doing that Zorro Telenovela
(has been for two years now). I saw a new one within the week, probably as
part of the announcement that Disney+ is cutting back programming. I don’t
see how he can do both. It’s apparently for Disney. Worst Zorro ever. He’s
a foot too short and 20 years too old for the part.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<sgup6it44b9j3cc4eamvh7r90ffqnctfa6@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187150&group=rec.arts.tv#187150

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 13:43:26 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 23 May 2023 17:43 UTC

On Tue, 23 May 2023 10:18:39 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:02:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> And, as I pulled up the DVR menu to see what I had watched in the last 24
>>> hours, Cox took it over again for yet another emergency alert test that
>>> they say they do weekly but they actually do a couple times a day…
>>>
>>> NCIS, S20E22 “Black Sky“
>>> More messing around with these people they keep arresting that turned out
>>> to be sleeper agents. Nick goes undercover in prison and the rest of them
>>> run around trying to figure out what the Godless Ruskies evil plan is. It
>>> turns out they’re going to black out the entire United States, which will
>>> destroy civilization as we know it. They say the only way they can do this
>>> is with a panoramic virus or something.
>>
>> Polymorphic virus. Which is the typical way viruses are now written to
>> avoid having a specific signature that can be added to an anti-virus
>> to identify any virus.
>>
>>> This is amazingly stupid because it
>>> actually gets deployed and somehow this computer virus stops battery
>>> operated lights from working.
>>
>> It's a very powerful virus. Probably works on artificial electricity
>> too.
>>> The evil bad guy has flown in from Russia in
>>> his private jet and yet they set the virus off right before he’s going to
>>> land, which would probably be a problem.
>>
>> I don't know why he felt he had to be in the heart of the powerless on
>> country to enjoy the show.
>
>It might’ve been fun to watch from the air. But why land right where the
>evil computer is? Right after the lights go out?
>

>>> They say his evil super genius
>>> daughter asked to sit at the computer to keep the blackout going, but once
>>> they capture her, Tim and team have to work to reverse the effects.
>>
>> That at least made some sense because she was apparently going sector
>> by sector shutting down the power. I guess to enjoy the spreading fear
>> though it would allow the power companies to begin to protect
>> themselves from the virus by simply shutting down any external
>> connections to the Internet.
>
>Also, I don’t see how she’s going to get any reports on spreading fear when
>everything is shut down.

Presumably the reports would be coming from the areas that aren't shut
down but are wondering the hell is going on. Much like there should
have been where ever she was since they clearly had power and a
working Internet connection. Though with companies like Starlink and
ViaSat you could always be connected to the Internet even with the
power out so long as you have a working power source and there's at
least one working downlink site to get you to the Internet, or at
least what ever is working on the Internet.

>Not that there should be any connection
>> to the Internet between the generators and the Internet. Oh, and the
>> 128 bit encryption isn't that tough to beat anymore. Especially if you
>> can bring a quantum computer into the mix.
>
>I think Mc Proby said it was 4×128 bit encryption. Super Duper encryption.

I think it was 3 x 128 bit encryption which is really not going to buy
you much over 1 x 128 bit encryption

>>> I never
>>> figured out if they blocked out more than just the DC area but once the
>>> lights came back on everything was fine. Me, I’m still wondering how Tim
>>> and team reversed the computer virus when nothing, not even battery
>>> operated emergency lights, was working. I am also wondering why the cars
>>> are working.
>>
>> It's a magical virus. It can connect to the power stations even when
>> the Internet is down. The cars are working because they run on gas.
>> All the electric cars were dead as a doornail.
>
>Heh
>
>All they have to do is change out the solenoids.
>

>>> In prison, Nick is at the next visitors window to a guy he recognizes from
>>> his past. The other prisoner at the next window somehow doesn’t recognize
>>> Nick’s lawyer, Parker, when he pretends to be the villains lawyer.
>>
>> That wasn't the same guy. The guy at the visitors window that Nick
>> recognized was visiting the young kid. Apparently playing the same kid
>> with the kid and setting him up as a fall guy that he must have done
>> with Nick's family.
>
>Thanks
>

>>> Next week will Nick murder the guy he recognized? And will this be how they
>>> get FEZ off the series? Expiring minds want to know!
>>
>> They need to know before they expire.
>>
>> Speaking of getting Fez off the show what happened with the rumor
>> going around that he was leaving the show. Was that just a rumor that
>> took off or was there some truth to it?
>
>He keeps putting out press releases that he’s doing that Zorro Telenovela
>(has been for two years now). I saw a new one within the week, probably as
>part of the announcement that Disney+ is cutting back programming. I don’t
>see how he can do both. It’s apparently for Disney. Worst Zorro ever. He’s
>a foot too short and 20 years too old for the part.

Well he always gets a few months off during the summer and maybe more
months this year. Doubt the Telenovela writers are part of the WGA so
he may have more time to work on building up that Zorro backlog.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<atropos-E6F4B1.13254823052023@69.muea.snfc.sfjca01r1.dsl.att.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187155&group=rec.arts.tv#187155

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 13:25:48 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 23 May 2023 20:25 UTC

In article <83lo6i12svjf4b11nrd40usfal7mq0ve6p@4ax.com>,

> Star Trek Strange New World Season 1 Episode 1

> It also feels threatened when touched and manages to kill Kirk (but
> not that Kirk). Luckily defibrillator mode manages to save Kirk who
> has been breathing alien air since Spock removed his helmet. Never
> mind that the air is supposedly breathable but who knows what
> micro-organisms are to be found in the alien air.

That's just something you have to accept with STAR TREK. Every
iteration, going back to the original series, has the crew constantly
beaming down to new worlds humanity has never encountered before, where
god knows what kind of microbes are present that could melt the flesh
from their bones. Yet they never seem to have a problem.

I watched:

Episodes 5 & 6 of my WILLOW binge on Disney+ as I try and beat the May
26 deadline when it will be memory-holed. I wrapped up Y: THE LAST MAN
yesterday, which is in the same situation on the Hulus.

I also watched the first ep of THE WHITE HOUSE PLUMBERS on the Max.
Mainly because they spent a week and a half a couple years ago shooting
it in my neighborhood and I wanted to see how it turned out. And sure
enough, the California parts of the Watergate story (there was actually
a break-in at a shrink's office in Beverly Hills before the more
infamous break-in in DC occurred-- who knew?) were right there in the
first ep.

It was great seeing my neighborhood standing in for Beverly Hills. I
remember them lining the streets with 70s-era cars and replacing all the
street signs with the distinctive BH-style street signs and even
installing a fake traffic light on one of our roads, which becomes
significant in one of the scenes where Woody Harrelson is following the
shrink, doing surveillance on him. I even briefly saw my own house in
one of the scenes.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<2130548245.706567866.845996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187164&group=rec.arts.tv#187164

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:04:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 23 May 2023 21:04 UTC

> On Tue, 23 May 2023 10:18:39 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Polymorphic virus. Which is the typical way viruses are now written to
>>> avoid having a specific signature that can be added to an anti-virus
>>> to identify any virus.

>>> It's a very powerful virus. Probably works on artificial electricity
>>> too.
>>>
>>> I don't know why he felt he had to be in the heart of the powerless on
>>> country to enjoy the show.
>>
>> It might’ve been fun to watch from the air. But why land right where the
>> evil computer is? Right after the lights go out?

>>> That at least made some sense because she was apparently going sector
>>> by sector shutting down the power. I guess to enjoy the spreading fear
>>> though it would allow the power companies to begin to protect
>>> themselves from the virus by simply shutting down any external
>>> connections to the Internet.
>>
>> Also, I don’t see how she’s going to get any reports on spreading fear when
>> everything is shut down.
>
> Presumably the reports would be coming from the areas that aren't shut
> down but are wondering the hell is going on. Much like there should
> have been where ever she was since they clearly had power and a
> working Internet connection. Though with companies like Starlink and
> ViaSat you could always be connected to the Internet even with the
> power out so long as you have a working power source and there's at
> least one working downlink site to get you to the Internet, or at
> least what ever is working on the Internet.

Instead of starting where she was, and spreading outwards, she should’ve
started at the maximum distance and spread inward, so that she didn’t ever
put a dead zone between herself and her other targets.

>> Not that there should be any connection
>>> to the Internet between the generators and the Internet. Oh, and the
>>> 128 bit encryption isn't that tough to beat anymore. Especially if you
>>> can bring a quantum computer into the mix.
>>
>> I think Mc Proby said it was 4×128 bit encryption. Super Duper encryption.
>
> I think it was 3 x 128 bit encryption which is really not going to buy
> you much over 1 x 128 bit encryption

>>> It's a magical virus. It can connect to the power stations even when
>>> the Internet is down. The cars are working because they run on gas.
>>> All the electric cars were dead as a doornail.
>>
>> Heh
>>
>> All they have to do is change out the solenoids.

>>> That wasn't the same guy. The guy at the visitors window that Nick
>>> recognized was visiting the young kid. Apparently playing the same kid
>>> with the kid and setting him up as a fall guy that he must have done
>>> with Nick's family.
>>
>> Thanks

>>> They need to know before they expire.
>>>
>>> Speaking of getting Fez off the show what happened with the rumor
>>> going around that he was leaving the show. Was that just a rumor that
>>> took off or was there some truth to it?
>>
>> He keeps putting out press releases that he’s doing that Zorro Telenovela
>> (has been for two years now). I saw a new one within the week, probably as
>> part of the announcement that Disney+ is cutting back programming. I don’t
>> see how he can do both. It’s apparently for Disney. Worst Zorro ever. He’s
>> a foot too short and 20 years too old for the part.
>
> Well he always gets a few months off during the summer and maybe more
> months this year. Doubt the Telenovela writers are part of the WGA so
> he may have more time to work on building up that Zorro backlog.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u4jqt0$2roj2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187210&group=rec.arts.tv#187210

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 18:56:48 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 24 May 2023 01:56 UTC

On 5/23/2023 9:13 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:02:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:32 -0400, shawn
>>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Ooops.. What did YOU, yes I mean you, watch?
>>>

>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> And, as I pulled up the DVR menu to see what I had watched in the last 24
>> hours, Cox took it over again for yet another emergency alert test that
>> they say they do weekly but they actually do a couple times a day…
>>
>> NCIS, S20E22 “Black Sky“
>> More messing around with these people they keep arresting that turned out
>> to be sleeper agents. Nick goes undercover in prison and the rest of them
>> run around trying to figure out what the Godless Ruskies evil plan is. It
>> turns out they’re going to black out the entire United States, which will
>> destroy civilization as we know it. They say the only way they can do this
>> is with a panoramic virus or something.
>
> Polymorphic virus.

Did Dwayne Dibbley make an appearance?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u4jris$2roui$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187212&group=rec.arts.tv#187212

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 19:08:28 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 24 May 2023 02:08 UTC

On 5/23/2023 1:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <83lo6i12svjf4b11nrd40usfal7mq0ve6p@4ax.com>,
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> Star Trek Strange New World Season 1 Episode 1
>
>> It also feels threatened when touched and manages to kill Kirk (but
>> not that Kirk). Luckily defibrillator mode manages to save Kirk who
>> has been breathing alien air since Spock removed his helmet. Never
>> mind that the air is supposedly breathable but who knows what
>> micro-organisms are to be found in the alien air.
>
> That's just something you have to accept with STAR TREK. Every
> iteration, going back to the original series, has the crew constantly
> beaming down to new worlds humanity has never encountered before, where
> god knows what kind of microbes are present that could melt the flesh
> from their bones. Yet they never seem to have a problem.

Only grups believe that. But Miri knows better.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<pdsq6i52s29qaa9jsk4ra44h9p6ploa391@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187213&group=rec.arts.tv#187213

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 22:09:06 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 24 May 2023 02:09 UTC

On Tue, 23 May 2023 18:56:48 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>On 5/23/2023 9:13 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 May 2023 01:02:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> And, as I pulled up the DVR menu to see what I had watched in the last 24
>>> hours, Cox took it over again for yet another emergency alert test that
>>> they say they do weekly but they actually do a couple times a day…
>>>
>>> NCIS, S20E22 “Black Sky“
>>> More messing around with these people they keep arresting that turned out
>>> to be sleeper agents. Nick goes undercover in prison and the rest of them
>>> run around trying to figure out what the Godless Ruskies evil plan is. It
>>> turns out they’re going to black out the entire United States, which will
>>> destroy civilization as we know it. They say the only way they can do this
>>> is with a panoramic virus or something.
>>
>> Polymorphic virus.
>
>Did Dwayne Dibbley make an appearance?

He did not.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<230520232326575685%nope@noway.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187223&group=rec.arts.tv#187223

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 23:26:57 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 24 May 2023 03:26 UTC

In article <u4jris$2roui$1@dont-email.me>, Arthur Lipscomb
<arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 5/23/2023 1:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <83lo6i12svjf4b11nrd40usfal7mq0ve6p@4ax.com>,
> > shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Star Trek Strange New World Season 1 Episode 1
> >
> >> It also feels threatened when touched and manages to kill Kirk (but
> >> not that Kirk). Luckily defibrillator mode manages to save Kirk who
> >> has been breathing alien air since Spock removed his helmet. Never
> >> mind that the air is supposedly breathable but who knows what
> >> micro-organisms are to be found in the alien air.
> >
> > That's just something you have to accept with STAR TREK. Every
> > iteration, going back to the original series, has the crew constantly
> > beaming down to new worlds humanity has never encountered before, where
> > god knows what kind of microbes are present that could melt the flesh
> > from their bones. Yet they never seem to have a problem.
> >

> Only grups believe that. But Miri knows better.

Bonk bonk on the head! Bonk bonk!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u4ktlb$2us5r$9@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187249&group=rec.arts.tv#187249

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 24 May 2023 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>> Star Trek Strange New World Season 1 Episode 1
>>
>> It also feels threatened when touched and manages to kill Kirk (but
>> not that Kirk). Luckily defibrillator mode manages to save Kirk who
>> has been breathing alien air since Spock removed his helmet. Never
>> mind that the air is supposedly breathable but who knows what
>> micro-organisms are to be found in the alien air.
>
>That's just something you have to accept with STAR TREK. Every
>iteration, going back to the original series, has the crew constantly
>beaming down to new worlds humanity has never encountered before, where
>god knows what kind of microbes are present that could melt the flesh
>from their bones. Yet they never seem to have a problem.

Didn't they say somewhere (or maybe it was in The Physics of Star Trek) that
when beaming someone up it would be trivial to exclude things, like alien
viruses, that didn't belong to him?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<1033621618.706659800.616960.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187307&group=rec.arts.tv#187307

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 15:38:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 May 2023 22:38 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> atropos@mac.com wrote:
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>>> Star Trek Strange New World Season 1 Episode 1
>>>
>>> It also feels threatened when touched and manages to kill Kirk (but
>>> not that Kirk). Luckily defibrillator mode manages to save Kirk who
>>> has been breathing alien air since Spock removed his helmet. Never
>>> mind that the air is supposedly breathable but who knows what
>>> micro-organisms are to be found in the alien air.
>>
>> That's just something you have to accept with STAR TREK. Every
>> iteration, going back to the original series, has the crew constantly
>> beaming down to new worlds humanity has never encountered before, where
>> god knows what kind of microbes are present that could melt the flesh
>> from their bones. Yet they never seem to have a problem.
>
> Didn't they say somewhere (or maybe it was in The Physics of Star Trek) that
> when beaming someone up it would be trivial to exclude things, like alien
> viruses, that didn't belong to him?

They’ve shown decontamination procedures several times in several series.
They don’t always work. Especially when you have an incompetent quack like
Dr. Crusher in charge.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<hYudnVMIsJvlB_P5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187310&group=rec.arts.tv#187310

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 23:15:04 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 24 May 2023 23:15 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:

>>> That's just something you have to accept with STAR TREK. Every
>>> iteration, going back to the original series, has the crew constantly
>>> beaming down to new worlds humanity has never encountered before, where
>>> god knows what kind of microbes are present that could melt the flesh
>>> from their bones. Yet they never seem to have a problem.
>>
>> Didn't they say somewhere (or maybe it was in The Physics of Star Trek) that
>> when beaming someone up it would be trivial to exclude things, like alien
>> viruses, that didn't belong to him?
>
> They’ve shown decontamination procedures several times in several series.
> They don’t always work. Especially when you have an incompetent quack like
> Dr. Crusher in charge.

Plus decontamination only works if you get back to the ship before
Interstellar Ebola kills you.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u4mdpu$35ts1$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187320&group=rec.arts.tv#187320

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 01:31:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:31 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Didn't they say somewhere (or maybe it was in The Physics of Star Trek)
>>>that when beaming someone up it would be trivial to exclude things,
>>>like alien viruses, that didn't belong to him?

>>They've shown decontamination procedures several times in several series.
>>They don't always work. Especially when you have an incompetent quack like
>>Dr. Crusher in charge.

>Plus decontamination only works if you get back to the ship before
>Interstellar Ebola kills you.

Wouldn't it be better to decontaminate off the ship if it's
communicable? Dr. Pulaski did that once.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<1bft6id93r6qs0opagkuvdip6kq49kfdjj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187322&group=rec.arts.tv#187322

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 21:45:30 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:45 UTC

On Thu, 25 May 2023 01:31:42 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>They've shown decontamination procedures several times in several series.
>>>They don't always work. Especially when you have an incompetent quack like
>>>Dr. Crusher in charge.
>
>>Plus decontamination only works if you get back to the ship before
>>Interstellar Ebola kills you.
>
>Wouldn't it be better to decontaminate off the ship if it's
>communicable? Dr. Pulaski did that once.

It would make more sense to not take off your helmet unless you need
to. They were safe for at least a few hours in their suits but they
decided to all remove their helmets once Kirk was shocked. Then they
would only need to worry about decontaminating the suits.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<u54nk9$1vbau$10@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187981&group=rec.arts.tv#187981

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 04:30:49 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 30 May 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> atropos@mac.com wrote:

>>> That's just something you have to accept with STAR TREK. Every
>>> iteration, going back to the original series, has the crew constantly
>>> beaming down to new worlds humanity has never encountered before, where
>>> god knows what kind of microbes are present that could melt the flesh
>>> from their bones. Yet they never seem to have a problem.
>>
>> Didn't they say somewhere (or maybe it was in The Physics of Star Trek)
>> that when beaming someone up it would be trivial to exclude things, like
>> alien viruses, that didn't belong to him?
>
>They've shown decontamination procedures several times in several series.

Some of them were downright sexy!

But seriously, you dematerialize the person, compare him to the pattern when
you sent him down, and subtract what's different.

>They don't always work. Especially when you have an incompetent quack like
>Dr. Crusher in charge.

Hello, NAKED NOW.

That Time Everyone Got Drunk on TNG (The Naked Now)
https://youtu.be/vw0Wo6jRIcg

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<791051878.707140655.905186.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187985&group=rec.arts.tv#187985

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 05:14:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 30 May 2023 12:14 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Didn't they say somewhere (or maybe it was in The Physics of Star Trek)
>>> that when beaming someone up it would be trivial to exclude things, like
>>> alien viruses, that didn't belong to him?
>>
>> They've shown decontamination procedures several times in several series.
>
> Some of them were downright sexy!
>
> But seriously, you dematerialize the person, compare him to the pattern when
> you sent him down, and subtract what's different.
>
>> They don't always work. Especially when you have an incompetent quack like
>> Dr. Crusher in charge.
>
> Hello, NAKED NOW.
>
> That Time Everyone Got Drunk on TNG (The Naked Now)
> https://youtu.be/vw0Wo6jRIcg

McCoy left specific instructions on how to beat the disease and Crusher was
unable to follow them.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<a9tb7ihambi9r3m4rl0m5u1d6f2r6h6k6p@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187996&group=rec.arts.tv#187996

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 09:10:10 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 30 May 2023 13:10 UTC

On Tue, 30 May 2023 05:14:52 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> They've shown decontamination procedures several times in several series.
>>
>> Some of them were downright sexy!
>>
>> But seriously, you dematerialize the person, compare him to the pattern when
>> you sent him down, and subtract what's different.

You can't do that because the body is constantly changing. We have
cells dying and being replaced. Then consider what happens in the
brain as we go through our day seeing new things and doing different
scenes. How different would the brain be to a transporter after
someone had been off the ship for a day or more.

>>> They don't always work. Especially when you have an incompetent quack like
>>> Dr. Crusher in charge.
>>
>> Hello, NAKED NOW.
>>
>> That Time Everyone Got Drunk on TNG (The Naked Now)
>> https://youtu.be/vw0Wo6jRIcg
>
>McCoy left specific instructions on how to beat the disease and Crusher was
>unable to follow them.

She would have to be able to read to follow instructions.
>> --
>> Let's go Brandon!

Indeed, let's go Dark Brandon

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-22 (Monday)

<320353271.707147911.874889.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188006&group=rec.arts.tv#188006

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 07:18:46 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 30 May 2023 14:18 UTC

> On Tue, 30 May 2023 05:14:52 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Some of them were downright sexy!
>>>
>>> But seriously, you dematerialize the person, compare him to the pattern when
>>> you sent him down, and subtract what's different.
>
> You can't do that because the body is constantly changing. We have
> cells dying and being replaced. Then consider what happens in the
> brain as we go through our day seeing new things and doing different
> scenes. How different would the brain be to a transporter after
> someone had been off the ship for a day or more.

But you could essentially pull a back up of somebody that got killed on an
away mission. For instance, you could have saved Tasha yar.

Oh. I see your point.

>>> Hello, NAKED NOW.
>>>
>>> That Time Everyone Got Drunk on TNG (The Naked Now)
>>> https://youtu.be/vw0Wo6jRIcg
>>
>> McCoy left specific instructions on how to beat the disease and Crusher was
>> unable to follow them.
>
> She would have to be able to read to follow instructions.

Mean!

I like it.