Isn't air travel wonderful? Breakfast in London, dinner in New York, luggage in Brazil.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)shawn
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|  +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|  |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|  |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
|   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
|    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
|      `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)shawn
|       `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)BTR1701
|        `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
 |+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)shawn
 ||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Adam H. Kerman
 || `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)shawn
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)suzeeq
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<UBI20230523@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187242&group=rec.arts.tv#187242

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 24 May 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

NIGHT COURT:
"Past Apps". A tech entrepreneur in court has Dan and the gang seeing a
chance to get in on the ground floor of the next billion-dollar idea. Abby
stumbles on the young CEO's history of fraud in a sealed file and must warn
her friends without breaking the law.

This one wasn't so good. Didn't they already do an ep about discovering
something they shouldn't have from a sealed file already? Yeah, I'm not
buying Neil's infatuation with Abby, and I have to assume these are being
played out of order because they're talking about meeting and they already
did. I wasn't fond of the CEO plotline either, but I didn't expect him to be
giving free shares to the people he had wronged, however.

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"#SCANDAVOL". Cameras pick back up after Ariana discovers that her boyfriend
of nine years is having an affair with one of her best friends; Schwartz
panics when the scandal threatens to upend their business; Sandoval comes
clean with another shocking secret.

This was obviously mostly-recreated after the fact for the cameras but was a
bit intense for me.

Sandoval screwed around with Billie the trans waitress? Gross. I guess he'll
do anyone who strokes his ego.

I am skeptical about Sandoval's hysterical sobbing with Lisa Vanderbucks.

I am on the fence about Schwartz but want to hear more at the reunion.

I am not fond of Schemer but I was on her side.

Once again, LaLa is one of the last people who should be commenting on this.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4l0mr$2venf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187255&group=rec.arts.tv#187255

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 05:42:03 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 24 May 2023 12:42 UTC

On 2023-05-24 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Long workday, so almost nothing.

soaps: DOOL - Tues' ep. As expected, they *didn't* have the guts to do
what needed to be done, and both Colin and Talia survived *falling off
the top of a building*!! [disgusted roll!] Jada "arrests" Colin in the
hospital, and Chanel insists that Jada also arrest Talia. (I'm glad to
see that Chanel isn't going to go easy on Talia, like I feared...)
Meanwhile, Wendy comes home and tells Johnny that he officially has
competition. Gabi returns the signed divorce papers to Li, and informs
him that she and Stefan are engaged.

Recorded for later: Gotham Knighs: GK! (The "GK" stands for the "Gotham
Knights"!!), and GH.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<sq2s6i95k16fdj8a20i7gm9a861036tk5d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187256&group=rec.arts.tv#187256

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:06:41 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 24 May 2023 13:06 UTC

On Wed, 24 May 2023 05:42:03 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-05-24 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
>Long workday, so almost nothing.
>
>soaps: DOOL - Tues' ep. As expected, they *didn't* have the guts to do
>what needed to be done, and both Colin and Talia survived *falling off
>the top of a building*!! [disgusted roll!] Jada "arrests" Colin in the
>hospital, and Chanel insists that Jada also arrest Talia. (I'm glad to
>see that Chanel isn't going to go easy on Talia, like I feared...)
>Meanwhile, Wendy comes home and tells Johnny that he officially has
>competition. Gabi returns the signed divorce papers to Li, and informs
>him that she and Stefan are engaged.
>
>Recorded for later: Gotham Knighs: GK! (The "GK" stands for the "Gotham
>Knights"!!), and GH.

Only thing I got in was NCIS HAWAII where they wrapped up the story
they started in the last episode while setting things up for the next
season. With LL Cool J showing up at the end of the episode and Maggie
escaping so that she can keep showing up in the future, much LL Cool
J's character will apparently do next season.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4l3og$2vovs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187257&group=rec.arts.tv#187257

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 06:34:09 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 24 May 2023 13:34 UTC

On 5/24/2023 5:42 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> Long workday, so almost nothing.

A one hour commute each way and ten hour "training" sessions all this
week for me. Its killing me.

What Did You Watch? May 22 2023 (Monday)

Stargate SG-1, S5E11 'Desperate Measures' (DVD)
"Carter gets kidnapped and taken to an abandoned hospital where two
doctors work to study the remains of Jolinar. She finds out that they
have a Goa'uld, taken from the Russians, which they are planning to put
it inside a man named Adrian Conrad to heal his sickness. They need
Carter to tell them how to get the Goa'uld out after he's healed.
O'Neill believes the government is involved with Carter's disappearance
and contacts Maybourne. Together, with Daniel and Teal'c, they find
Carter but also find out that the Goa'uld has escaped inside Conrad's body."

Homeless Man: I'm just a crazy old guy with a shopping cart full of cans.
Jack O'Neill: I'm just a cynical Air Force guy with a closet full of
National Geographics.
Homeless Man: Can I have 'em?

Colonel Harry Maybourne: Gonna turn me in?
Jack O'Neill: Actually, that overwhelming desire to shoot you has come back.

Colonel Frank Simmons: Why are you so convinced I have something to do
with this?
Jack O'Neill: A reliable source told me.
Colonel Frank Simmons: I think I know who you're referring to, Colonel,
and are you telling me you're trusting a convicted traitor?
Jack O'Neill: More than you at the moment.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: I said I think I just electrocuted myself! You have
any idea what that feels like?
Guard: No.
[Jackson zats the guard and his buddy]
Dr. Daniel Jackson: Something like that.

Colonel Harry Maybourne: You know, we make a pretty good team, Jack.
Jack O'Neill: Shut up.
Colonel Harry Maybourne: I'm just saying if you ever get tired of the
SGC, we could make more money than you every dreamed of.
Jack O'Neill: Hey, G. Gordon, don't give me another reason to shoot you,
all right?

Trivia: O'Neill's line "I'm just a cynical old Air Force guy with a
closet full of National Geographics" was originally written as "a closet
full of Playboys" but was changed before filming.

Commentary by William Gereghty (director), Jim Menard (Director of
Photography) and Tichner yet again.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4lcmq$30opk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187273&group=rec.arts.tv#187273

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:06:50 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:06 UTC

On 5/24/2023 6:34 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/24/2023 5:42 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> Long workday, so almost nothing.
>>
> A one hour commute each way and ten hour "training" sessions all this
> week for me.  Its killing me.

I'm about to head out on a 8+ hour drive for some training sessions! We
can compare notes... ;-)

> What Did You Watch? May 22 2023 (Monday)
>
> Stargate SG-1, S5E11 'Desperate Measures' (DVD)
> "Carter gets kidnapped and taken to an abandoned hospital where two
> doctors work to study the remains of Jolinar. She finds out that they
> have a Goa'uld, taken from the Russians, which they are planning to put
> it inside a man named Adrian Conrad to heal his sickness. They need
> Carter to tell them how to get the Goa'uld out after he's healed.
> O'Neill believes the government is involved with Carter's disappearance
> and contacts Maybourne. Together, with Daniel and Teal'c, they find
> Carter but also find out that the Goa'uld has escaped inside Conrad's
> body."
>
> Homeless Man: I'm just a crazy old guy with a shopping cart full of cans.
> Jack O'Neill: I'm just a cynical Air Force guy with a closet full of
> National Geographics.
> Homeless Man: Can I have 'em?
>
> Colonel Harry Maybourne: Gonna turn me in?
> Jack O'Neill: Actually, that overwhelming desire to shoot you has come
> back.
>
> Colonel Frank Simmons: Why are you so convinced I have something to do
> with this?
> Jack O'Neill: A reliable source told me.
> Colonel Frank Simmons: I think I know who you're referring to, Colonel,
> and are you telling me you're trusting a convicted traitor?
> Jack O'Neill: More than you at the moment.
>
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: I said I think I just electrocuted myself!  You have
> any idea what that feels like?
> Guard: No.
> [Jackson zats the guard and his buddy]
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Something like that.
>
> Colonel Harry Maybourne: You know, we make a pretty good team, Jack.
> Jack O'Neill: Shut up.
> Colonel Harry Maybourne: I'm just saying if you ever get tired of the
> SGC, we could make more money than you every dreamed of.
> Jack O'Neill: Hey, G. Gordon, don't give me another reason to shoot you,
> all right?
>
> Trivia: O'Neill's line "I'm just a cynical old Air Force guy with a
> closet full of National Geographics" was originally written as "a closet
> full of Playboys" but was changed before filming.
>

> Commentary by William Gereghty (director), Jim Menard (Director of
> Photography) and Tichner yet again.
>

> What Did You Watch?

Between packing a suitcase I watched:

The Voice finale.

Superman & Lois - "The Dress" - Two storylines. One involves Mannheim
trying to bully the government to see his dying wife, whom the
government is holding as leverage over him. Those bits had all the
action. And the other story focused more on Lois' cancer treatment with
flashbacks (explaining the title of the episode). There was a nice
sentimental ending involving Superman & Lois. They really have been
going all in on this cancer storyline. Is it from the comics?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<321852134.706655913.987148.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187296&group=rec.arts.tv#187296

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 14:23:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 May 2023 21:23 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Trivia: O'Neill's line "I'm just a cynical old Air Force guy with a
>> closet full of National Geographics" was originally written as "a closet
>> full of Playboys" but was changed before filming.
>>

>> Commentary by William Gereghty (director), Jim Menard (Director of
>> Photography) and Tichner yet again.
>>

>> What Did You Watch?
>>

> Between packing a suitcase I watched:
>
> The Voice finale.
>

> Superman & Lois - "The Dress" - Two storylines. One involves Mannheim
> trying to bully the government to see his dying wife, whom the
> government is holding as leverage over him. Those bits had all the
> action. And the other story focused more on Lois' cancer treatment with
> flashbacks (explaining the title of the episode). There was a nice
> sentimental ending involving Superman & Lois. They really have been
> going all in on this cancer storyline. Is it from the comics?

Yes.

Spoiler space

Nygreangr havirefr fgbel yvar ol Wbua Olear. Punvafzbxvat Ybvf trgf yhat
pnapre, ohg yvirf ybat rabhtu gb trg xvyyrq ol Yrk Yhgube naljnl.

uggcf://fperraenag.pbz/fhcrezna-ybvf-ynar-gjvfg-qp-pbzvpf-pnapre/

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<877635135.706659990.537812.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187308&group=rec.arts.tv#187308

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 15:38:01 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 24 May 2023 22:38 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

I recorded a George Pal day on TCM. Of course, Cox went out twice during
that time period. I mentioned I was hoping for BROTHERS GRIMM to be the
shiny new transfer I had heard of. Better still it was actually in SMILEBOX
which emulates the Cinerama experience! I just sampled the various prints,
and now it looks like I need to keep the ball.

I watched much of season two of IN PLAIN SIGHT on Freevee, even though I
hadn’t intended to because I wanted to see big red from that 70 show. Boy,
this is a train wreck. Aside from Lesley Ann Warren ruining everything she
touches, squish is now just as bad. And you end up actively rooting for the
protected witnesses to get whacked. And I can’t believe Mary hasn’t
assaulted the new office manager.

GOTHAM KNIGHTS
OMG! Rancid onion unfurling everywhere!
This is just so unbelievably stupid at every turn.
It’s not even worth enumerating. well, I will point out that Harvey two
face blew his line and called his assistant by the actresses name and they
left it in. That’s how stupid this show is.

Tonight DA FLASH ends, and I think I’ll just take the C dub off my dial
completely.

They did show a trailer for the horrid new FLASH movie. The new child
molester guy may deserve to die in prison, but at least his dialogue is
completely unintelligible as is that of the Muslim Supergirl. The only good
part was the 1989 Batman and Alfred.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4mde5$35ts1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187318&group=rec.arts.tv#187318

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 01:25:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:25 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>. . .

>I watched much of season two of IN PLAIN SIGHT on Freevee, even though I
>hadn't intended to because I wanted to see big red from that 70 show. Boy,
>this is a train wreck. Aside from Lesley Ann Warren ruining everything she
>touches, squish is now just as bad. And you end up actively rooting for the
>protected witnesses to get whacked. And I can't believe Mary hasn't
>assaulted the new office manager.

I recall that we discussed this show extensively when it was first on.
Didn't Squish get a lot of additional scenes in season 2?

I liked Lesley Ann Warren in plenty of other stuff, especially as Norma
in Victor/Victoria. I was horrified by her performance in this.

>. . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<tget6i1danqfd8s2im4ddtlrqv6v8vqb3b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187319&group=rec.arts.tv#187319

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 21:31:12 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:31 UTC

On Thu, 25 May 2023 01:25:26 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>. . .
>
>>I watched much of season two of IN PLAIN SIGHT on Freevee, even though I
>>hadn't intended to because I wanted to see big red from that 70 show. Boy,
>>this is a train wreck. Aside from Lesley Ann Warren ruining everything she
>>touches, squish is now just as bad. And you end up actively rooting for the
>>protected witnesses to get whacked. And I can't believe Mary hasn't
>>assaulted the new office manager.
>
>I recall that we discussed this show extensively when it was first on.
>Didn't Squish get a lot of additional scenes in season 2?
>
>I liked Lesley Ann Warren in plenty of other stuff, especially as Norma
>in Victor/Victoria. I was horrified by her performance in this.

To be fair it wasn't the performance but the writing. For whatever
reason they decided that Squish and mom needed to be the so-called
comedic relief for this show.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4meqq$372dv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187325&group=rec.arts.tv#187325

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 01:49:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:49 UTC

>Thu, 25 May 2023 01:25:26 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>. . .

>>>I watched much of season two of IN PLAIN SIGHT on Freevee, even though I
>>>hadn't intended to because I wanted to see big red from that 70 show. Boy,
>>>this is a train wreck. Aside from Lesley Ann Warren ruining everything she
>>>touches, squish is now just as bad. And you end up actively rooting for the
>>>protected witnesses to get whacked. And I can't believe Mary hasn't
>>>assaulted the new office manager.

>>I recall that we discussed this show extensively when it was first on.
>>Didn't Squish get a lot of additional scenes in season 2?

>>I liked Lesley Ann Warren in plenty of other stuff, especially as Norma
>>in Victor/Victoria. I was horrified by her performance in this.

>To be fair it wasn't the performance but the writing.

I know, but she performed the hell out of that character. No humanity at
all, no redeeming qualities.

>For whatever reason they decided that Squish and mom needed to be the
>so-called comedic relief for this show.

They weren't, not in any way. It was Marshal Marshall.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4mf0f$362mi$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187326&group=rec.arts.tv#187326

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 18:52:18 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 25 May 2023 01:52 UTC

On 5/24/2023 9:06 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 5/24/2023 6:34 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 5/24/2023 5:42 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> Long workday, so almost nothing.
>>>
>> A one hour commute each way and ten hour "training" sessions all this
>> week for me.  Its killing me.
>>

> I'm about to head out on a 8+ hour drive for some training sessions!  We
> can compare notes...  ;-)

No point, I quit after getting home from it today. It wasn't just the
commute, there were all kinds of issues with the job and how hiring and
training were being handled. After three days of it and being exhausted
and stressed out after only three days on what was supposed to be a
minor second job for a little extra money I said "Fornicate this" to
myself and quit.

>> What Did You Watch? May 22 2023 (Monday)
>>
>> Stargate SG-1, S5E11 'Desperate Measures' (DVD)
>> "Carter gets kidnapped and taken to an abandoned hospital where two
>> doctors work to study the remains of Jolinar. She finds out that they
>> have a Goa'uld, taken from the Russians, which they are planning to
>> put it inside a man named Adrian Conrad to heal his sickness. They
>> need Carter to tell them how to get the Goa'uld out after he's healed.
>> O'Neill believes the government is involved with Carter's
>> disappearance and contacts Maybourne. Together, with Daniel and
>> Teal'c, they find Carter but also find out that the Goa'uld has
>> escaped inside Conrad's body."
>>
>> Homeless Man: I'm just a crazy old guy with a shopping cart full of cans.
>> Jack O'Neill: I'm just a cynical Air Force guy with a closet full of
>> National Geographics.
>> Homeless Man: Can I have 'em?
>>
>> Colonel Harry Maybourne: Gonna turn me in?
>> Jack O'Neill: Actually, that overwhelming desire to shoot you has come
>> back.
>>
>> Colonel Frank Simmons: Why are you so convinced I have something to do
>> with this?
>> Jack O'Neill: A reliable source told me.
>> Colonel Frank Simmons: I think I know who you're referring to,
>> Colonel, and are you telling me you're trusting a convicted traitor?
>> Jack O'Neill: More than you at the moment.
>>
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: I said I think I just electrocuted myself!  You
>> have any idea what that feels like?
>> Guard: No.
>> [Jackson zats the guard and his buddy]
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Something like that.
>>
>> Colonel Harry Maybourne: You know, we make a pretty good team, Jack.
>> Jack O'Neill: Shut up.
>> Colonel Harry Maybourne: I'm just saying if you ever get tired of the
>> SGC, we could make more money than you every dreamed of.
>> Jack O'Neill: Hey, G. Gordon, don't give me another reason to shoot
>> you, all right?
>>
>> Trivia: O'Neill's line "I'm just a cynical old Air Force guy with a
>> closet full of National Geographics" was originally written as "a
>> closet full of Playboys" but was changed before filming.
>>

>> Commentary by William Gereghty (director), Jim Menard (Director of
>> Photography) and Tichner yet again.
>>

>> What Did You Watch?
>>

> Between packing a suitcase I watched:
>
> The Voice finale.
>

> Superman & Lois - "The Dress" - Two storylines.  One involves Mannheim
> trying to bully the government to see his dying wife, whom the
> government is holding as leverage over him.  Those bits had all the
> action.  And the other story focused more on Lois' cancer treatment with
> flashbacks (explaining the title of the episode).  There was a nice
> sentimental ending involving Superman & Lois.  They really have been
> going all in on this cancer storyline.  Is it from the comics?

More importantly to Anim, are they going to kill her off?! :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<jcgt6ihv3riipfvu0p4o13e0s45he47q5o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187329&group=rec.arts.tv#187329

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:04:28 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 25 May 2023 02:04 UTC

On Thu, 25 May 2023 01:49:14 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>>I recall that we discussed this show extensively when it was first on.
>>>Didn't Squish get a lot of additional scenes in season 2?
>
>>>I liked Lesley Ann Warren in plenty of other stuff, especially as Norma
>>>in Victor/Victoria. I was horrified by her performance in this.
>
>>To be fair it wasn't the performance but the writing.
>
>I know, but she performed the hell out of that character. No humanity at
>all, no redeeming qualities.
>
>>For whatever reason they decided that Squish and mom needed to be the
>>so-called comedic relief for this show.
>
>They weren't, not in any way. It was Marshal Marshall.

Oh, no doubt Marshal Marshall was the one providing some light in the
show, but I do think when they brought the mom on they did think of
her as helping to lighten the show. Then they decide to build the
family drama around the sister and mother. Which always detracted from
the show in my opinion, but it something we see in many shows. I guess
it helps serve as filler since the family drama is usually easier to
write as it's the same old set of stories that have been told and
retold.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4mhd9$3a9iu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187334&group=rec.arts.tv#187334

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 19:33:13 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 25 May 2023 02:33 UTC

On 2023-05-24 22:38:01 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
> [snip]
>
> GOTHAM KNIGHTS
> OMG! Rancid onion unfurling everywhere!
> This is just so unbelievably stupid at every turn.
> It’s not even worth enumerating. well, I will point out that Harvey two
> face blew his line and called his assistant by the actresses name and they
> left it in. That’s how stupid this show is.

I found this episode a mix of good and bad.

The problem I have is that I'm afraid they either don't have a plan for
where they're going... or it's a *bad* plan.

But ultimately, this episode felt aimless.

However, next episode looks much worse!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4mm60$ev53$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187340&group=rec.arts.tv#187340

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 20:54:40 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 25 May 2023 03:54 UTC

On 5/24/2023 6:25 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> . . .
>
>> I watched much of season two of IN PLAIN SIGHT on Freevee, even though I
>> hadn't intended to because I wanted to see big red from that 70 show. Boy,
>> this is a train wreck. Aside from Lesley Ann Warren ruining everything she
>> touches, squish is now just as bad. And you end up actively rooting for the
>> protected witnesses to get whacked. And I can't believe Mary hasn't
>> assaulted the new office manager.
>
> I recall that we discussed this show extensively when it was first on.
> Didn't Squish get a lot of additional scenes in season 2?
>
> I liked Lesley Ann Warren in plenty of other stuff, especially as Norma
> in Victor/Victoria. I was horrified by her performance in this.

It the character she plays, she's written to be awful. Though I think
they're redeeming her a little in S 3.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<962940740.706683590.969338.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187343&group=rec.arts.tv#187343

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:11:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 May 2023 05:11 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 5/24/2023 9:06 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>>> A one hour commute each way and ten hour "training" sessions all this
>>> week for me.  Its killing me.
>>>

>> I'm about to head out on a 8+ hour drive for some training sessions!  We
>> can compare notes...  ;-)
>>
> No point, I quit after getting home from it today. It wasn't just the
> commute, there were all kinds of issues with the job and how hiring and
> training were being handled. After three days of it and being exhausted
> and stressed out after only three days on what was supposed to be a
> minor second job for a little extra money I said "Fornicate this" to
> myself and quit.

Sorry to hear it. :-(

>>> What Did You Watch? May 22 2023 (Monday)
>>>
>>> Stargate SG-1, S5E11 'Desperate Measures' (DVD)
>>> "Carter gets kidnapped and taken to an abandoned hospital where two
>>> doctors work to study the remains of Jolinar. She finds out that they
>>> have a Goa'uld, taken from the Russians, which they are planning to
>>> put it inside a man named Adrian Conrad to heal his sickness. They
>>> need Carter to tell them how to get the Goa'uld out after he's healed.
>>> O'Neill believes the government is involved with Carter's
>>> disappearance and contacts Maybourne. Together, with Daniel and
>>> Teal'c, they find Carter but also find out that the Goa'uld has
>>> escaped inside Conrad's body."
>>>
>>> Homeless Man: I'm just a crazy old guy with a shopping cart full of cans.
>>> Jack O'Neill: I'm just a cynical Air Force guy with a closet full of
>>> National Geographics.
>>> Homeless Man: Can I have 'em?
>>>
>>> Colonel Harry Maybourne: Gonna turn me in?
>>> Jack O'Neill: Actually, that overwhelming desire to shoot you has come
>>> back.
>>>
>>> Colonel Frank Simmons: Why are you so convinced I have something to do
>>> with this?
>>> Jack O'Neill: A reliable source told me.
>>> Colonel Frank Simmons: I think I know who you're referring to,
>>> Colonel, and are you telling me you're trusting a convicted traitor?
>>> Jack O'Neill: More than you at the moment.
>>>
>>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: I said I think I just electrocuted myself!  You
>>> have any idea what that feels like?
>>> Guard: No.
>>> [Jackson zats the guard and his buddy]
>>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Something like that.
>>>
>>> Colonel Harry Maybourne: You know, we make a pretty good team, Jack.
>>> Jack O'Neill: Shut up.
>>> Colonel Harry Maybourne: I'm just saying if you ever get tired of the
>>> SGC, we could make more money than you every dreamed of.
>>> Jack O'Neill: Hey, G. Gordon, don't give me another reason to shoot
>>> you, all right?
>>>
>>> Trivia: O'Neill's line "I'm just a cynical old Air Force guy with a
>>> closet full of National Geographics" was originally written as "a
>>> closet full of Playboys" but was changed before filming.
>>>

>>> Commentary by William Gereghty (director), Jim Menard (Director of
>>> Photography) and Tichner yet again.
>>>

>>> What Did You Watch?
>>>

>> Between packing a suitcase I watched:
>>
>> The Voice finale.
>>

>> Superman & Lois - "The Dress" - Two storylines.  One involves Mannheim
>> trying to bully the government to see his dying wife, whom the
>> government is holding as leverage over him.  Those bits had all the
>> action.  And the other story focused more on Lois' cancer treatment with
>> flashbacks (explaining the title of the episode).  There was a nice
>> sentimental ending involving Superman & Lois.  They really have been
>> going all in on this cancer storyline.  Is it from the comics?
>
> More importantly to Anim, are they going to kill her off?! :P

She is the Lesley Ann Warren, as Mrs. Pucci of the show. Only killing her
off could have saved things, but I don’t think it could’ve ever been
enough.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<708253388.706683828.457418.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187344&group=rec.arts.tv#187344

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:11:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 May 2023 05:11 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-24 22:38:01 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>> [snip]
>>
>> GOTHAM KNIGHTS
>> OMG! Rancid onion unfurling everywhere!
>> This is just so unbelievably stupid at every turn.
>> It’s not even worth enumerating. well, I will point out that Harvey two
>> face blew his line and called his assistant by the actresses name and they
>> left it in. That’s how stupid this show is.
>
> I found this episode a mix of good and bad.

Duells is fun, and they called her jokers daughter, but that’s about it. I
think we have another writer 1/2/3 situation.

> The problem I have is that I'm afraid they either don't have a plan for
> where they're going... or it's a *bad* plan.

Agreed

> But ultimately, this episode felt aimless.
>
> However, next episode looks much worse!!

Be sure to watch it for me. I took the C dub off the dial.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4tanb$fm15$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187663&group=rec.arts.tv#187663

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 09:21:53 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 27 May 2023 16:21 UTC

On 5/24/2023 10:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I'm about to head out on a 8+ hour drive for some training sessions!  We
>>> can compare notes...  ;-)

I was wrong. It was a 12 hour drive, each way. Almost makes wish I
wasn't afraid to fly.

>> No point, I quit after getting home from it today. It wasn't just the
>> commute, there were all kinds of issues with the job and how hiring and
>> training were being handled. After three days of it and being exhausted
>> and stressed out after only three days on what was supposed to be a
>> minor second job for a little extra money I said "Fornicate this" to
>> myself and quit.
>
> Sorry to hear it. :-(

+1

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4tq11$hg8u$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187704&group=rec.arts.tv#187704

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 20:43:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 27 May 2023 20:43 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>I was wrong. It was a 12 hour drive, each way. Almost makes wish I
>wasn't afraid to fly.

I'm not afraid to fly. I just don't want the TSA body-cavity search or
worse.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4tqfi$hl6m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187708&group=rec.arts.tv#187708

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 13:50:59 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 27 May 2023 20:50 UTC

On 5/24/2023 2:23 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> [...]
>>>

>>> What Did You Watch?
>>>

>> Between packing a suitcase I watched:
>>
>> The Voice finale.
>>

>> Superman & Lois - "The Dress" - Two storylines. One involves Mannheim
>> trying to bully the government to see his dying wife, whom the
>> government is holding as leverage over him. Those bits had all the
>> action. And the other story focused more on Lois' cancer treatment with
>> flashbacks (explaining the title of the episode). There was a nice
>> sentimental ending involving Superman & Lois. They really have been
>> going all in on this cancer storyline. Is it from the comics?
>>

> Yes.
>
> Spoiler space
>
> Nygreangr havirefr fgbel yvar ol Wbua Olear. Punvafzbxvat Ybvf trgf yhat
> pnapre, ohg yvirf ybat rabhtu gb trg xvyyrq ol Yrk Yhgube naljnl.
>
> uggcf://fperraenag.pbz/fhcrezna-ybvf-ynar-gjvfg-qp-pbzvpf-pnapre/

Thanks

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<c8r47il8l6i4imop5rh7cdfp5l7golmoqe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187709&group=rec.arts.tv#187709

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:51:55 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 27 May 2023 20:51 UTC

On Sat, 27 May 2023 20:43:13 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>I was wrong. It was a 12 hour drive, each way. Almost makes wish I
>>wasn't afraid to fly.
>
>I'm not afraid to fly. I just don't want the TSA body-cavity search or
>worse.

Understandable. I didn't care for them adding in the need to remove
your shoes. The funny thing is there was less of an intrusive search
of people just a month after the 9/11 attack when I flew from Atlanta
to Madrid, Spain. At a time when you think security would be at its
highest.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<atropos-BA2981.14401827052023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187725&group=rec.arts.tv#187725

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 14:40:18 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 May 2023 21:40 UTC

In article <c8r47il8l6i4imop5rh7cdfp5l7golmoqe@4ax.com>,

> On Sat, 27 May 2023 20:43:13 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> >> I was wrong. It was a 12 hour drive, each way. Almost makes wish I
> >> wasn't afraid to fly.
> >
> >I'm not afraid to fly. I just don't want the TSA body-cavity search or
> >worse.
>
> Understandable. I didn't care for them adding in the need to remove
> your shoes. The funny thing is there was less of an intrusive search
> of people just a month after the 9/11 attack when I flew from Atlanta
> to Madrid, Spain. At a time when you think security would be at its
> highest.

They have no ability to process logic. Here's a fun story:

It was October 2011, one month after the WTC/Pentagon attacks. I was
going through airport security on an official work trip, so I was flying
armed. I got to the checkpoint, showed my paperwork, credentials, the
whole process, and the security guy said he had to search my carry-on. I
kinda looked at him funny and said, "What are you searching for? You
already know I'm carrying a gun." He was like, yeah, but I have to
anyway. I thought it was silly and pointless, but I was like, whatever,
go ahead. So he was looking through my bag and came across my Leatherman
tool which has, among other things, a little knife attachment. He looked
at me and said, "This is a prohibited item, you can't bring this on the
plane." I thought he was punking me. I said, "Did you miss the part
where I have a *gun*?" And with a totally straight face he said, "Yes,
FAA regulations authorize you to have a gun on the plane but they don't
authorize you to have a pocketknife so you can't bring it on board." And
he confiscated it and threw it into a bin.

Thankfully, they ironed things out after that and no longer searched our
carry-ons or do stupid shit like tell us we can't bring knives. In the
years since, I actually ended becoming a mule for the Girlfriend when we
would fly on vacations. Everything she couldn't bring through security--
like her shampoos and lotions and balms and beauty construction
implements and bottles of wine-- she shoved in my carry-on, which went
around security, and she'd retrieve them on the other side.

Now that I'm retired and can no longer fly armed, she's threatened to
have no further use for me.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u4u0nh$ig95$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187731&group=rec.arts.tv#187731

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 22:37:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 27 May 2023 22:37 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>They have no ability to process logic. Here's a fun story:

>It was October 2011, one month after the WTC/Pentagon attacks. I was
>going through airport security on an official work trip, so I was flying
>armed. I got to the checkpoint, showed my paperwork, credentials, the
>whole process, and the security guy said he had to search my carry-on. I
>kinda looked at him funny and said, "What are you searching for? You
>already know I'm carrying a gun." He was like, yeah, but I have to
>anyway. I thought it was silly and pointless, but I was like, whatever,
>go ahead. So he was looking through my bag and came across my Leatherman
>tool which has, among other things, a little knife attachment. He looked
>at me and said, "This is a prohibited item, you can't bring this on the
>plane." I thought he was punking me. I said, "Did you miss the part
>where I have a *gun*?" And with a totally straight face he said, "Yes,
>FAA regulations authorize you to have a gun on the plane but they don't
>authorize you to have a pocketknife so you can't bring it on board." And
>he confiscated it and threw it into a bin.

I had a very dull pocketknife with a broken tip confiscated going into a
state office building. I had to wait for the idiot state police who
weren't manning the check point as they were chasing off some other men
they thought were loitering in the public lunch area.

But they kept insisting I'd be able to take a hostage or something.

I carried it because it folded up and I used it to open letters. It was
no longer good for cutting and, with the broken tip, I didn't bother to
keep it sharp.

I kept telling them the office building we rent is significantly larger,
and at the time, was an insurance company headquarters and they don't
have all this security theater crap. In fact their lobby security guards
are far more pleasant.

The asshole state police officer told me to go back to my office
building and stow the pocket knife because he refused to hold it for me
till I got back. I had to explain to him repeatedly I was at the state
office building to conduct business and they had delayed me so much, the
office I needed to go to was closing in less that 20 minutes. At that
point, I was sure they were looking for an excuse to delay me till
after close of business so I had to shut the fuck up and just go
upstairs.

>Thankfully, they ironed things out after that and no longer searched our
>carry-ons or do stupid shit like tell us we can't bring knives. In the
>years since, I actually ended becoming a mule for the Girlfriend when we
>would fly on vacations. Everything she couldn't bring through security--
>like her shampoos and lotions and balms and beauty construction
>implements and bottles of wine-- she shoved in my carry-on, which went
>around security, and she'd retrieve them on the other side.

>Now that I'm retired and can no longer fly armed, she's threatened to
>have no further use for me.

You told us you have a retired lifetime carry permit. Can't you get it
amended to carry shampoo on board? Or do you have to take a six-week
qualification course for that license?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-23 (Tuesday)

<u54p90$1vbau$14@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187984&group=rec.arts.tv#187984

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 04:30:53 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 30 May 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <321852134.706655913.987148.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> [...]
>>>

>>> What Did You Watch?
>>>

>> Between packing a suitcase I watched:
>>
>> The Voice finale.
>>

>> Superman & Lois - "The Dress" - Two storylines. One involves Mannheim
>> trying to bully the government to see his dying wife, whom the
>> government is holding as leverage over him. Those bits had all the
>> action. And the other story focused more on Lois' cancer treatment with
>> flashbacks (explaining the title of the episode). There was a nice
>> sentimental ending involving Superman & Lois. They really have been
>> going all in on this cancer storyline. Is it from the comics?
>>

>Yes.
>
>Spoiler space
>
>Nygreangr havirefr fgbel yvar ol Wbua Olear. Punvafzbxvat Ybvf trgf yhat
>pnapre, ohg yvirf ybat rabhtu gb trg xvyyrq ol Yrk Yhgube naljnl.
>
>uggcf://fperraenag.pbz/fhcrezna-ybvf-ynar-gjvfg-qp-pbzvpf-pnapre/

Hmm, that link didn't work. This does:
https://screenrant.com/superman-lois-lane-twist-dc-comics-cancer/

--
Let's go Brandon!