Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)shawn
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)shawn
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
||+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
|||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
|||+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
|||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Arthur Lipscomb
||`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Adam H. Kerman
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)shawn
| |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
| +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ian J. Ball
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)A Friend
|   +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Dimensional Traveler
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ubiquitous
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)Ubiquitous

Pages:12
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<137212983.706427048.449254.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187027&group=rec.arts.tv#187027

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 23:12:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 06:12 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 7:01 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> *shrug* They built a huge complicated mythology for this show with a
>>> LOT of people and moving parts. There are a LOT of things and people
>>> who could have appeared more often but didn't.

>>> Strangely enough that thought occurred to me too. :D

>>> He put cameras up and goes to collect the videos. Its an approved
>>> project of his, General Hammond and the other knew about it, just not
>>> the audience. :P

>>> Who's Richard Kind?
>>
>> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504
>>
>> He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum that
>> made everybody love him.
>>

> I forgot about the serum. I also forgot he was in the original movie too.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<1888652050.706427130.480655.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187028&group=rec.arts.tv#187028

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 23:12:03 -0700

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-22 02:01:26 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> *shrug* They built a huge complicated mythology for this show with a
>>> LOT of people and moving parts. There are a LOT of things and people
>>> who could have appeared more often but didn't.

>>> Strangely enough that thought occurred to me too. :D

>>> He put cameras up and goes to collect the videos. Its an approved
>>> project of his, General Hammond and the other knew about it, just not
>>> the audience. :P

>>> Who's Richard Kind?
>>
>> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504
>>

>> He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum that
>> made everybody love him.
>
> Wow - they blantantly ripped off Harry Mudd!!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<619218043.706427525.246521.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187029&group=rec.arts.tv#187029

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 23:12:04 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 06:12 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 7:57 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

>>> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504
>>>
>>> He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum
>>> that
>>> made everybody love him.
>>
>> Wow - they blantantly ripped off Harry Mudd!!
>>
> Why not? They pretty much ripped off EVERYBODY at one point or another. :D

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4fpsn$26493$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187048&group=rec.arts.tv#187048

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 06:15:04 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 22 May 2023 13:15 UTC

On 5/21/2023 11:12 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Wow - they blantantly ripped off Harry Mudd!!
>>>
>> Why not? They pretty much ripped off EVERYBODY at one point or another. :D
>>

> But especially Star Trek. On a show where Star Trek is a show.
>
> I’m still annoyed that nobody recognized the name, James Tiberius Kirk in
> 1969.

Well, it was a flop in its first run.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4fq4c$26493$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187049&group=rec.arts.tv#187049

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 06:19:09 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 22 May 2023 13:19 UTC

On 5/21/2023 11:12 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/4/46/Richard_Kind.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150405145504
>>>
>>> He made a couple of appearances on SGA as a guy who had a magic serum that
>>> made everybody love him.
>>
>> Wow - they blantantly ripped off Harry Mudd!!
>
> Crap. They did, didn’t they? And it never occurred to me before.
>
> I’m trying to think what he did in his encore episode.
> Pretty sure he didn’t take over a world of beautiful female robots though.

Used a personal shield to play Hero and save a village from raiders so
they'd fawn over him.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<1835996430.706457657.366606.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187055&group=rec.arts.tv#187055

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 07:54:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 22 May 2023 14:54 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 5/21/2023 11:12 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Wow - they blantantly ripped off Harry Mudd!!
>>
>> Crap. They did, didn’t they? And it never occurred to me before.
>>
>> I’m trying to think what he did in his encore episode.
>> Pretty sure he didn’t take over a world of beautiful female robots though.
>>
> Used a personal shield to play Hero and save a village from raiders so
> they'd fawn over him.

Oh, yeah, fighting a James Bond villain.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4kr4n$2us5r$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187243&group=rec.arts.tv#187243

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 24 May 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <u4dfla$1l1e8$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:

>What did you watch?

On "Draw Mohammed Day", I watched:

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
This week's eps.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4krhi$2us5r$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187244&group=rec.arts.tv#187244

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 04:30:42 -0400

In article <u4dr6t$1ngdf$1@dont-email.me>, arthur@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Batman (4K disc) 1989 superhero movie directed by Tim Burton and
>starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as The Joker. I've
>been looking forward to revisiting the Burtonverse Batflicks for a
>while. This one held up great.

I don't remember it aging very well.

>Batman Returns (4K disc) 1992 sequel with Tim Burton returning to direct
>Keaton's Batman who this time goes up against Danny Devito's Penguin and
>Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Holds up great.

I haven't seent his one for awhile. It upset my cat.

>Batman Forever (4K disc) 1995 sequel which swaps out Burton and brings
>in Joel Schumacher as the new director and replaces Keaton with Val
>Kilmer as the new Batman. Batman battles Riddler (Jim Carey) and
>Two-Face (Tommy Lee Jones) with help from his side kick Robbin) Chris
>O'Donnell)

I never watched it but listened to the Superheros Every Day podcast recently.
https://superheroeseveryday.com/2023/05/01/episode-4-batman-forever/

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-20 (Saturday)

<u4ks27$2us5r$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187245&group=rec.arts.tv#187245

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 04:30:43 -0400

In article <210520232225228044%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> He was the villain in Darkman. Yeah, I remember him on L.A. Law.
>>>

>> Benny? I wonder if that was a take on Lenny.
>>
>> Damn, Drake died young.
>
>Larry Drake was online during my Compuserve days, ca. 1986-90. He once
>said that he'd gone to pick up a prescription, and the cashier treated
>him as if he were mentally challenged, like his character on L.A. Law.
>He had to tell her, "Madam, I am an actor." He also said that kind of
>thing had happened to him more than once.

I didn't realize he wasn't retarded, either. ACTING!
It probably didn't help that he was a retarded man in NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW.

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!