From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Block Club Chicago has outlasted DNAinfo Chicago (was: seamus is trolling)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 16:35:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:35 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>bruce2bowser@gmail.com wrote:
>>On Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 2:19:04 AM UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>>. . .

>>>The Ricketts suck.

>>I wonder:

>No one ever does wonder about you, seamus. You're always trolling.

>>has the newspaper

>The Ricketts never owned a newspaper. Joe Ricketts, the father who had
>founded TD Ameritrade, owned a news Web site called dnainfo.com.

>A newspaper and a Web site are very very different. I know facts confuse
>you horribly.

>>they closed (due to organizing),

>"They" didn't close shit. It was just Joe, the father. He was losing
>money. The New York professional staff, not the Chicago staff, tried
>to organize. Ricketts was not going to sign a union contract and simply
>went out of business.

>>called 'DNC.info' been re-named "Block Club Chicago" (as an occasional
>>anti-Ricketts platform)?

>You yourself, in getting facts wrong, said it was closed. Therefore, it
>cannot have been re-named. How stupid are you?

>Block Club Chicago has nothing to do with dnainfo.com. I don't believe
>there were any staffers in common, although a couple of its founders
>were among the Chicago editors fired by Joe Ricketts. I'm sure all the
>part-time reporters found other employment after being fired by Joe
>Ricketts, as they needed to pay their rent and eat.

>Lastly, I read Block Club Chicago most weekdays. It is NOT
>anti-Ricketts. Their news reporting is unbiased.

>That's a huge pile of fact-less shit you just flung at Usenet, seamus.

I had an email message this morning from Block Club Chicago 5/24/2023.
DNAinfo Chicago closed, not quite making it till five years. Block Club
Chicago has now outlasted them. I don't know how long the original DNAinfo
in New York lasted.

Block Club Chicago was founded on a nonprofit model by certain laid-off
DNAinfo Chicago editors but it is not a corporate successor.