When in doubt, mumble; when in trouble, delegate; when in charge, ponder. -- James H. Boren

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

SubjectAuthor
* FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1shawn
+* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1anim8rfsk
|`* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1shawn
| `* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1anim8rfsk
|  +* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1shawn
|  |+* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1anim8rfsk
|  ||`* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1shawn
|  || `- Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1anim8rfsk
|  |`* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1BTR1701
|  | `- Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1anim8rfsk
|  `* Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1BTR1701
|   +- Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1shawn
|   `- Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1anim8rfsk
`- Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1BTR1701

1
FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<b7sv6it1tue1t2qrudkvmlobo2iet4ussh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187404&group=rec.arts.tv#187404

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 20:29:12 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 26 May 2023 00:29 UTC

Arnold is an agent for the CIA who is on his last mission
before retiring. In this case he starts a fire, reports it, and then
dresses as a fireman and hitches a ride on the fire trucks coming to
put out the fire. This gets him into the diamond district of Antwerp
without having to worry about security.

He then heads into the sewer and is guided by his angel (black guy
talking to him over the radio) to be below a bank vault. He then uses
his portable hand held laser( doesn't everyone have one?) to cut
through the foot of concrete above his head to get into the vault. He
then breaks open a number of safety deposit boxes (why break into so
many when he knew which one he wanted?) to get the uncut diamonds
inside. He then uses the diamonds to trade a human trafficker's
location who is then bombed out of existence. (Yes, I'm intentionally
"He then"ed you.)

The bad guy notices that the diamonds are beading up some of the
spilled beer which means they are coated with explosive residue (smart
bad guy) so the diamonds must be stolen and Arnold's character can't
be who he said and is likely a spy. He then plans to kill Arnie, but
Arnie tells them that the pills they discovered when they searched him
are cyanide and they let him take the pills instead of shooting them.
He then tells them that the pills were the antidote to the poison he
sprays at the bad guys, killing them all.

Now Arnie is back home in his civilian role with the family in NY and
we are only 11 minutes in to a 55 minute show. His daughter is about
to head off to Columbia to help provide water to the needy in the
area. Though things go a bit south when an operative named Panda gets
into trouble in Guyana. Seems the bad guys there have a suitcase nuke
that they plan to sell and Arnie is the only one available that
already has connections with the bad guys.

Now he gets to spend time with bad guys grown up son showing off what
he's built only to run into his daughter in a fight with one of the
other bad guys. His handler knew she was there and didn't tell him,
but it looks like she knew her dad was coming which means she knew he
was working the CIA but no one bothered to tell him that his daughter
was working for the CIA too. It's a bad idea to send the guy in
knowing there's an agent working in the field but never letting him
know it was his daughter.

At the party we get to see that the son is truly just as ruthless as
his dad. He confronts one of his men who manages all the money the
organization makes. Apparently the money from the last sale of drugs
is missing and this guy is getting the blame. The guy gets to say he
doesn't know when the son blows his brains out, literally spreading
brain matter over the band standing behind him. The son then has the
band start back up without even giving them a chance to clean up.
(This is definitely not the same show as the TRUE LIES show. It's more
on the CITADEL level.)

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<1475818405.706778885.050913.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187426&group=rec.arts.tv#187426

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 00:35:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 07:35 UTC

> Arnold is an agent for the CIA who is on his last mission

His character is 10 years younger than he is in real life

> before retiring. In this case he starts a fire, reports it, and then
> dresses as a fireman and hitches a ride on the fire trucks coming to
> put out the fire. This gets him into the diamond district of Antwerp
> without having to worry about security.

That’s a pretty good action sequence

> He then heads into the sewer

Antwerp apparently has the smallest manholes and lightest weight manhole
covers in the world

and is guided by his angel (black guy
> talking to him over the radio) to be below a bank vault. He then uses
> his portable hand held laser( doesn't everyone have one?) to cut
> through the foot of concrete above his head to get into the vault. He
> then breaks open a number of safety deposit boxes (why break into so
> many when he knew which one he wanted?)

I didn’t understand anything about the heist. The guy doesn’t want to trade
something specific hidden in the safe deposit boxes, he just wants
diamonds. The CIA can’t come up with diamonds any other way than this?

to get the uncut diamonds
> inside. He then uses the diamonds to trade a human trafficker's
> location who is then bombed out of existence. (Yes, I'm intentionally
> "He then"ed you.)
>
> The bad guy notices that the diamonds are beading up some of the
> spilled beer which means they are coated with explosive residue (smart
> bad guy) so the diamonds must be stolen and Arnold's character can't
> be who he said and is likely a spy. He then plans to kill Arnie, but
> Arnie tells them that the pills they discovered when they searched him
> are cyanide and they let him take the pills instead of shooting them.
> He then tells them that the pills were the antidote to the poison he
> sprays at the bad guys, killing them all.

I am not really sure how or when Arnold rigged the spray mug

> Now Arnie is back home in his civilian role with the family in NY and
> we are only 11 minutes in to a 55 minute show. His daughter is about

Send daughter being in the Ana de Armas mode

> to head off to Columbia to help provide water to the needy in the
> area. Though things go a bit south when an operative named Panda gets
> into trouble in Guyana. Seems the bad guys there have a suitcase nuke
> that they plan to sell and Arnie is the only one available that
> already has connections with the bad guys.
>
> Now he gets to spend time with bad guys grown up son showing off what
> he's built only to run into his daughter in a fight with one of the
> other bad guys. His handler knew she was there and didn't tell him,
> but it looks like she knew her dad was coming which means she knew he
> was working the CIA but no one bothered to tell him that his daughter
> was working for the CIA too.

I thought she was taken totally by surprise that Arnold worked for the CIA

It's a bad idea to send the guy in
> knowing there's an agent working in the field but never letting him
> know it was his daughter.

Black guy said he didn’t want Arnold to be distracted on the way in which
is really really stupid

> At the party we get to see that the son is truly just as ruthless as
> his dad. He confronts one of his men who manages all the money the
> organization makes. Apparently the money from the last sale of drugs
> is missing and this guy is getting the blame. The guy gets to say he
> doesn't know when the son blows his brains out, literally spreading
> brain matter over the band standing behind him. The son then has the
> band start back up without even giving them a chance to clean up.
> (This is definitely not the same show as the TRUE LIES show. It's more
> on the CITADEL level.)

Did you push send before you meant to?

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<g2317ip79slv3utldop1aamschlvoqebfq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187443&group=rec.arts.tv#187443

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 06:49:05 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 26 May 2023 10:49 UTC

On Fri, 26 May 2023 00:35:24 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>

>> Arnold is an agent for the CIA who is on his last mission
>
>His character is 10 years younger than he is in real life
>

>> before retiring. In this case he starts a fire, reports it, and then
>> dresses as a fireman and hitches a ride on the fire trucks coming to
>> put out the fire. This gets him into the diamond district of Antwerp
>> without having to worry about security.
>
>That’s a pretty good action sequence
>

>> He then heads into the sewer
>
>Antwerp apparently has the smallest manholes and lightest weight manhole
>covers in the world
>

>and is guided by his angel (black guy
>> talking to him over the radio) to be below a bank vault. He then uses
>> his portable hand held laser( doesn't everyone have one?) to cut
>> through the foot of concrete above his head to get into the vault. He
>> then breaks open a number of safety deposit boxes (why break into so
>> many when he knew which one he wanted?)
>
>I didn’t understand anything about the heist. The guy doesn’t want to trade
>something specific hidden in the safe deposit boxes, he just wants
>diamonds. The CIA can’t come up with diamonds any other way than this?

I agree it didn't seem to make sense why they had to go through such a
hassle to get the diamonds. Especially since the plan was to kill
everyone so they would still have the diamonds in the end.

>to get the uncut diamonds
>> inside. He then uses the diamonds to trade a human trafficker's
>> location who is then bombed out of existence. (Yes, I'm intentionally
>> "He then"ed you.)
>>
>> The bad guy notices that the diamonds are beading up some of the
>> spilled beer which means they are coated with explosive residue (smart
>> bad guy) so the diamonds must be stolen and Arnold's character can't
>> be who he said and is likely a spy. He then plans to kill Arnie, but
>> Arnie tells them that the pills they discovered when they searched him
>> are cyanide and they let him take the pills instead of shooting them.
>> He then tells them that the pills were the antidote to the poison he
>> sprays at the bad guys, killing them all.
>
>I am not really sure how or when Arnold rigged the spray mug

I assume they built the mugs that way. So that was always the
intention which does seem a bit of a complicated plan as it requires
the bad guys to notice the pills, let him take the pills and then be
close enough to him that he can take most or all of them out with the
spray. One guy standing fifteen feet away with a gun pointed his way
and the plan is shot. Or really Arnie is shot because he's kind of a
hard to miss target.

>> Now Arnie is back home in his civilian role with the family in NY and
>> we are only 11 minutes in to a 55 minute show. His daughter is about
>
>Send daughter being in the Ana de Armas mode
>

>> to head off to Columbia to help provide water to the needy in the
>> area. Though things go a bit south when an operative named Panda gets
>> into trouble in Guyana. Seems the bad guys there have a suitcase nuke
>> that they plan to sell and Arnie is the only one available that
>> already has connections with the bad guys.
>>
>> Now he gets to spend time with bad guys grown up son showing off what
>> he's built only to run into his daughter in a fight with one of the
>> other bad guys. His handler knew she was there and didn't tell him,
>> but it looks like she knew her dad was coming which means she knew he
>> was working the CIA but no one bothered to tell him that his daughter
>> was working for the CIA too.
>

>I thought she was taken totally by surprise that Arnold worked for the CIA

Yeah, she was. It's just at that point in the show her reaction made
me think she did know about Arnie and the CIA.

>It's a bad idea to send the guy in
>> knowing there's an agent working in the field but never letting him
>> know it was his daughter.
>
>Black guy said he didn’t want Arnold to be distracted on the way in which
>is really really stupid

As the woman in the plane said "Now Arnold is really distracted."

>> At the party we get to see that the son is truly just as ruthless as
>> his dad. He confronts one of his men who manages all the money the
>> organization makes. Apparently the money from the last sale of drugs
>> is missing and this guy is getting the blame. The guy gets to say he
>> doesn't know when the son blows his brains out, literally spreading
>> brain matter over the band standing behind him. The son then has the
>> band start back up without even giving them a chance to clean up.
>> (This is definitely not the same show as the TRUE LIES show. It's more
>> on the CITADEL level.)
>>

>Did you push send before you meant to?

I did, but it plays out much as expected with Arnold getting the
device and going to escape with it. Only there's a hitch and the bad
guys catch up with. What will they do? Will they be killed? Who knows?
Not I as the episode ended here so they could all be dead in the next
episode and they will spend the rest of the episodes talking about all
the big missions Arnold used to go on.

About the only thing interesting that happened was the way they
tricked the bad guys guarding the device to run away as fast as they
can. Okay, they drove away but the point still stands. Not that it
would likely be of much use given it was a nuclear device and some C4
or other explosive. If it went off they were going to be toast.

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<272344101.706819096.334883.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187484&group=rec.arts.tv#187484

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:01 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 19:04 UTC

> On Fri, 26 May 2023 00:35:24 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Arnold is an agent for the CIA who is on his last mission
>>
>> His character is 10 years younger than he is in real life
>>

>>> before retiring. In this case he starts a fire, reports it, and then
>>> dresses as a fireman and hitches a ride on the fire trucks coming to
>>> put out the fire. This gets him into the diamond district of Antwerp
>>> without having to worry about security.
>>
>> That’s a pretty good action sequence
>>

>>> He then heads into the sewer
>>
>> Antwerp apparently has the smallest manholes and lightest weight manhole
>> covers in the world
>>

>> and is guided by his angel (black guy
>>> talking to him over the radio) to be below a bank vault. He then uses
>>> his portable hand held laser( doesn't everyone have one?) to cut
>>> through the foot of concrete above his head to get into the vault. He
>>> then breaks open a number of safety deposit boxes (why break into so
>>> many when he knew which one he wanted?)
>>
>> I didn’t understand anything about the heist. The guy doesn’t want to trade
>> something specific hidden in the safe deposit boxes, he just wants
>> diamonds. The CIA can’t come up with diamonds any other way than this?
>
> I agree it didn't seem to make sense why they had to go through such a
> hassle to get the diamonds. Especially since the plan was to kill
> everyone so they would still have the diamonds in the end.

I wonder if they gave the diamonds back to the bank?

>> to get the uncut diamonds
>>> inside. He then uses the diamonds to trade a human trafficker's
>>> location who is then bombed out of existence. (Yes, I'm intentionally
>>> "He then"ed you.)
>>>
>>> The bad guy notices that the diamonds are beading up some of the
>>> spilled beer which means they are coated with explosive residue (smart
>>> bad guy) so the diamonds must be stolen and Arnold's character can't
>>> be who he said and is likely a spy. He then plans to kill Arnie, but
>>> Arnie tells them that the pills they discovered when they searched him
>>> are cyanide and they let him take the pills instead of shooting them.
>>> He then tells them that the pills were the antidote to the poison he
>>> sprays at the bad guys, killing them all.
>>
>> I am not really sure how or when Arnold rigged the spray mug
>

> I assume they built the mugs that way. So that was always the
> intention which does seem a bit of a complicated plan as it requires
> the bad guys to notice the pills, let him take the pills and then be
> close enough to him that he can take most or all of them out with the
> spray. One guy standing fifteen feet away with a gun pointed his way
> and the plan is shot. Or really Arnie is shot because he's kind of a
> hard to miss target.

Also, let’s consider for a moment that they had the Air Force take out the
bad guy who was clearly in a building in a city.

>>> Now Arnie is back home in his civilian role with the family in NY and
>>> we are only 11 minutes in to a 55 minute show. His daughter is about
>>
>> Send daughter being in the Ana de Armas mode
>>

>>> to head off to Columbia to help provide water to the needy in the
>>> area. Though things go a bit south when an operative named Panda gets
>>> into trouble in Guyana. Seems the bad guys there have a suitcase nuke
>>> that they plan to sell and Arnie is the only one available that
>>> already has connections with the bad guys.
>>>
>>> Now he gets to spend time with bad guys grown up son showing off what
>>> he's built only to run into his daughter in a fight with one of the
>>> other bad guys. His handler knew she was there and didn't tell him,
>>> but it looks like she knew her dad was coming which means she knew he
>>> was working the CIA but no one bothered to tell him that his daughter
>>> was working for the CIA too.
>>

>> I thought she was taken totally by surprise that Arnold worked for the CIA
>

> Yeah, she was. It's just at that point in the show her reaction made
> me think she did know about Arnie and the CIA.

Well, she knew about the CIA. :-)

I was perplexed by the fact that she’s apparently been undercover down
there for quite some time and yet she managed to get away to make the
birthday party in New York. You wouldn’t think the jungle strong hold would
be a place you came and went from that easily.

>> It's a bad idea to send the guy in
>>> knowing there's an agent working in the field but never letting him
>>> know it was his daughter.
>>
>> Black guy said he didn’t want Arnold to be distracted on the way in which
>> is really really stupid
>
> As the woman in the plane said "Now Arnold is really distracted."

I liked that, although I am not convinced, that’s a woman. Looks like Molly
Shannon playing Pat to me!

>>> At the party we get to see that the son is truly just as ruthless as
>>> his dad. He confronts one of his men who manages all the money the
>>> organization makes. Apparently the money from the last sale of drugs
>>> is missing and this guy is getting the blame. The guy gets to say he
>>> doesn't know when the son blows his brains out, literally spreading
>>> brain matter over the band standing behind him. The son then has the
>>> band start back up without even giving them a chance to clean up.
>>> (This is definitely not the same show as the TRUE LIES show. It's more
>>> on the CITADEL level.)
>>>

>> Did you push send before you meant to?
>
> I did, but it plays out much as expected with Arnold getting the
> device and going to escape with it. Only there's a hitch and the bad
> guys catch up with. What will they do? Will they be killed? Who knows?
> Not I as the episode ended here so they could all be dead in the next
> episode and they will spend the rest of the episodes talking about all
> the big missions Arnold used to go on.

Yeah. Episode two started auto playing, but I switched back to IN PLAIN
SIGHT.

> About the only thing interesting that happened was the way they
> tricked the bad guys guarding the device to run away as fast as they
> can. Okay, they drove away but the point still stands. Not that it
> would likely be of much use given it was a nuclear device and some C4
> or other explosive. If it went off they were going to be toast.

We’ve seen Arnold outrun a nuclear bomb (predator).

McCarrot and Dano did it one time as well.

I’d be surprised if CSI Horatio didn’t manage it at some point. But he can
teleport so that might not count.

It occurred to me if they can futz with the timer remotely. They should
just be able to set the damn thing off remotely. Just get your people out
and push the big red button.

Now here comes the important part.

I have the ad supported Netflix.

They had an ad break

EVERY

FOUR

FREAKING

MINUTES

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<6o027it8sj2tajdtjfajve4pcnb7knn0m9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187489&group=rec.arts.tv#187489

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 15:11:46 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 26 May 2023 19:11 UTC

On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:01 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 May 2023 00:35:24 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> His character is 10 years younger than he is in real life

>>> That’s a pretty good action sequence

>>> Antwerp apparently has the smallest manholes and lightest weight manhole
>>> covers in the world
>>>

>>> and is guided by his angel (black guy
>>>
>>> I didn’t understand anything about the heist. The guy doesn’t want to trade
>>> something specific hidden in the safe deposit boxes, he just wants
>>> diamonds. The CIA can’t come up with diamonds any other way than this?
>>
>> I agree it didn't seem to make sense why they had to go through such a
>> hassle to get the diamonds. Especially since the plan was to kill
>> everyone so they would still have the diamonds in the end.
>>

>I wonder if they gave the diamonds back to the bank?

Don't think so since Arnie gave his grand child one of the diamonds.
Also they wouldn't be given back to the bank as they weren't the
banks, but the person who was using that safety deposit box. Who
likely was a criminal who stole the diamonds which is how they go on
the CIA's list.

>>> to get the uncut diamonds

>>> I am not really sure how or when Arnold rigged the spray mug
>>

>> I assume they built the mugs that way. So that was always the
>> intention which does seem a bit of a complicated plan as it requires
>> the bad guys to notice the pills, let him take the pills and then be
>> close enough to him that he can take most or all of them out with the
>> spray. One guy standing fifteen feet away with a gun pointed his way
>> and the plan is shot. Or really Arnie is shot because he's kind of a
>> hard to miss target.
>
>Also, let’s consider for a moment that they had the Air Force take out the
>bad guy who was clearly in a building in a city.

Yes, but there was no one near by so the precision targeting and
weapons would only hurt the bad guy. (That's believable right? Isn't
it? Surely they would not risk innocent lives, right?)

>>> Send daughter being in the Ana de Armas mode

>>> I thought she was taken totally by surprise that Arnold worked for the CIA
>>

>> Yeah, she was. It's just at that point in the show her reaction made
>> me think she did know about Arnie and the CIA.
>
>Well, she knew about the CIA. :-)

This is true.

>I was perplexed by the fact that she’s apparently been undercover down
>there for quite some time and yet she managed to get away to make the
>birthday party in New York. You wouldn’t think the jungle strong hold would
>be a place you came and went from that easily.

Agreed. There's no way she was leaving regularly from that place
unless she was helping to deliver product. That didn't seem to be the
case so I think we have to put that on the writer's head who decided
it didn't matter since it made the story more interesting.

>>> It's a bad idea to send the guy in
>>>
>>> Black guy said he didn’t want Arnold to be distracted on the way in which
>>> is really really stupid
>>
>> As the woman in the plane said "Now Arnold is really distracted."
>>

>I liked that, although I am not convinced, that’s a woman. Looks like Molly
>Shannon playing Pat to me!

>>> Did you push send before you meant to?
>>
>> I did, but it plays out much as expected with Arnold getting the
>> device and going to escape with it. Only there's a hitch and the bad
>> guys catch up with. What will they do? Will they be killed? Who knows?
>> Not I as the episode ended here so they could all be dead in the next
>> episode and they will spend the rest of the episodes talking about all
>> the big missions Arnold used to go on.
>
>Yeah. Episode two started auto playing, but I switched back to IN PLAIN
>SIGHT.
>

>> About the only thing interesting that happened was the way they
>> tricked the bad guys guarding the device to run away as fast as they
>> can. Okay, they drove away but the point still stands. Not that it
>> would likely be of much use given it was a nuclear device and some C4
>> or other explosive. If it went off they were going to be toast.
>>

>We’ve seen Arnold outrun a nuclear bomb (predator).

But he's Arnold, not some run of the mill no name bad guy.

>McCarrot and Dano did it one time as well.
>
>I’d be surprised if CSI Horatio didn’t manage it at some point. But he can
>teleport so that might not count.
>
>It occurred to me if they can futz with the timer remotely. They should
>just be able to set the damn thing off remotely. Just get your people out
>and push the big red button.
>
>Now here comes the important part.
>
>I have the ad supported Netflix.
>
>They had an ad break
>
>EVERY
>
>FOUR
>
>FREAKING
>
>MINUTES

Click here to read the complete article
Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<677038872.706823400.686715.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187493&group=rec.arts.tv#187493

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 12:58:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 19:58 UTC

> On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:01 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I agree it didn't seem to make sense why they had to go through such a
>>> hassle to get the diamonds. Especially since the plan was to kill
>>> everyone so they would still have the diamonds in the end.
>>>

>> I wonder if they gave the diamonds back to the bank?
>
> Don't think so since Arnie gave his grand child one of the diamonds.
> Also they wouldn't be given back to the bank as they weren't the
> banks, but the person who was using that safety deposit box. Who
> likely was a criminal who stole the diamonds which is how they go on
> the CIA's list.

>>> I assume they built the mugs that way. So that was always the
>>> intention which does seem a bit of a complicated plan as it requires
>>> the bad guys to notice the pills, let him take the pills and then be
>>> close enough to him that he can take most or all of them out with the
>>> spray. One guy standing fifteen feet away with a gun pointed his way
>>> and the plan is shot. Or really Arnie is shot because he's kind of a
>>> hard to miss target.
>>
>> Also, let’s consider for a moment that they had the Air Force take out the
>> bad guy who was clearly in a building in a city.
>
> Yes, but there was no one near by so the precision targeting and
> weapons would only hurt the bad guy. (That's believable right? Isn't
> it? Surely they would not risk innocent lives, right?)

Oh, let me also point out that the CGI x-ray surveillance of the character
would have been embarrassing had it been done in Poser in the 20th century.
(For the civilians in the audience “it stunk“)

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<8a427i9dm4dne7qtdhdeiebsb2p3p5rks0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187495&group=rec.arts.tv#187495

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 16:07:38 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 26 May 2023 20:07 UTC

On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:58:48 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:01 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> I wonder if they gave the diamonds back to the bank?
>>
>> Don't think so since Arnie gave his grand child one of the diamonds.
>> Also they wouldn't be given back to the bank as they weren't the
>> banks, but the person who was using that safety deposit box. Who
>> likely was a criminal who stole the diamonds which is how they go on
>> the CIA's list.

>>> Also, let’s consider for a moment that they had the Air Force take out the
>>> bad guy who was clearly in a building in a city.
>>
>> Yes, but there was no one near by so the precision targeting and
>> weapons would only hurt the bad guy. (That's believable right? Isn't
>> it? Surely they would not risk innocent lives, right?)
>
>Oh, let me also point out that the CGI x-ray surveillance of the character
>would have been embarrassing had it been done in Poser in the 20th century.
>(For the civilians in the audience “it stunk“)

Yeah, it got even more ridiculous when they did a face match against
the image they got from their surveillance. Keep in mind that's
without ever seeing the guys face.

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<34621431.706831914.172441.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187512&group=rec.arts.tv#187512

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 15:18:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 22:18 UTC

> On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:58:48 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Don't think so since Arnie gave his grand child one of the diamonds.
>>> Also they wouldn't be given back to the bank as they weren't the
>>> banks, but the person who was using that safety deposit box. Who
>>> likely was a criminal who stole the diamonds which is how they go on
>>> the CIA's list.

>>> Yes, but there was no one near by so the precision targeting and
>>> weapons would only hurt the bad guy. (That's believable right? Isn't
>>> it? Surely they would not risk innocent lives, right?)
>>
>> Oh, let me also point out that the CGI x-ray surveillance of the character
>> would have been embarrassing had it been done in Poser in the 20th century.
>> (For the civilians in the audience “it stunk“)
>
> Yeah, it got even more ridiculous when they did a face match against
> the image they got from their surveillance. Keep in mind that's
> without ever seeing the guys face.

Maybe they were looking for a poser villain from 1995?

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<Jxqdnbb-eaVsy-z5nZ2dnZfqn_v_fwAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187546&group=rec.arts.tv#187546

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 01:03:45 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 May 2023 01:03 UTC

On May 25, 2023 at 5:29:12 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> Arnold is an agent for the CIA who is on his last mission
> before retiring. In this case he starts a fire, reports it, and then
> dresses as a fireman and hitches a ride on the fire trucks coming to
> put out the fire. This gets him into the diamond district of Antwerp
> without having to worry about security.
>
> He then heads into the sewer and is guided by his angel (black guy
> talking to him over the radio) to be below a bank vault. He then uses
> his portable hand held laser( doesn't everyone have one?) to cut
> through the foot of concrete above his head to get into the vault. He
> then breaks open a number of safety deposit boxes (why break into so
> many when he knew which one he wanted?) to get the uncut diamonds
> inside. He then uses the diamonds to trade a human trafficker's
> location who is then bombed out of existence. (Yes, I'm intentionally
> "He then"ed you.)
>
> The bad guy notices that the diamonds are beading up some of the
> spilled beer which means they are coated with explosive residue (smart
> bad guy) so the diamonds must be stolen and Arnold's character can't
> be who he said and is likely a spy. He then plans to kill Arnie, but
> Arnie tells them that the pills they discovered when they searched him
> are cyanide and they let him take the pills instead of shooting them.
> He then tells them that the pills were the antidote to the poison he
> sprays at the bad guys, killing them all.
>

> Now Arnie is back home in his civilian role with the family in NY and
> we are only 11 minutes in to a 55 minute show. His daughter is about
> to head off to Columbia to help provide water to the needy in the
> area. Though things go a bit south when an operative named Panda gets
> into trouble in Guyana. Seems the bad guys there have a suitcase nuke
> that they plan to sell and Arnie is the only one available that
> already has connections with the bad guys.
>
> Now he gets to spend time with bad guys grown up son showing off what
> he's built only to run into his daughter in a fight with one of the
> other bad guys. His handler knew she was there and didn't tell him,
> but it looks like she knew her dad was coming which means she knew he
> was working the CIA but no one bothered to tell him that his daughter
> was working for the CIA too.

No, neither one of them knew about the other. That was made quite clear later
on when the black kid was trying to explain it to Arnold.

The whole show seemed like it's a repurposed script from that TRUE LIES sequel
Eliza was set to do years ago before it died on the shelf.

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<sqGcnd64so5Lxez5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187549&group=rec.arts.tv#187549

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 01:11:50 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 May 2023 01:11 UTC

On May 26, 2023 at 12:04:01 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Now here comes the important part.
>
> I have the ad supported Netflix.
>
> They had an ad break
>
> EVERY
>
> FOUR
>
> FREAKING
>
> MINUTES

YouTube is really getting bad now, too. I was just watching a vid that made me
sit through two ads, then back to the vid, then 22 seconds later, it launched
another set of ads. And of course YouTube ads don't have any kind of natural
placement like TV ads do, so you literally have people cut off in mid-sentence
by an ad for incontinence diapers.

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<sqGcndm4so5kxOz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187551&group=rec.arts.tv#187551

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 01:16:41 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 27 May 2023 01:16 UTC

On May 26, 2023 at 12:11:46 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:01 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:

>> I wonder if they gave the diamonds back to the bank?
>
> Don't think so since Arnie gave his grand child one of the diamonds.

And his handler chastised for it, he said, "Shouldn't that be logged in as
evidence?"

I was like evidence? Evidence of what? From what I could tell, Arnold stole
the diamonds to use as currency in an arms deal. They weren't evidence of a
crime. And even so, this isn't the FBI. The CIA isn't a law enforcement
agency. It doesn't arrest people (they literally have no arrest authority) or
mess around with things like evidence.

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<2mr27i1u3uh14ab7chdrn2ma76nvb5a8c9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187572&group=rec.arts.tv#187572

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 22:47:31 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 27 May 2023 02:47 UTC

On Sat, 27 May 2023 01:11:50 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On May 26, 2023 at 12:04:01 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Now here comes the important part.
>>
>> I have the ad supported Netflix.
>>
>> They had an ad break
>>
>> EVERY
>>
>> FOUR
>>
>> FREAKING
>>
>> MINUTES
>
>YouTube is really getting bad now, too. I was just watching a vid that made me
>sit through two ads, then back to the vid, then 22 seconds later, it launched
>another set of ads. And of course YouTube ads don't have any kind of natural
>placement like TV ads do, so you literally have people cut off in mid-sentence
>by an ad for incontinence diapers.

Ugh, I've heard that Youtube is testing out unskippable ads that won't
be blocked by ad blockers. I hope that never works because they keep
doing screwy things like you've described that make the platform
unwatchable. At least with TV you get a good bit of content before the
ads start up and you have a sense of how long they will be.

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<2047391669.706847451.967978.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187575&group=rec.arts.tv#187575

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 20:02:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 27 May 2023 03:02 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On May 26, 2023 at 12:04:01 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Now here comes the important part.
>>
>> I have the ad supported Netflix.
>>
>> They had an ad break
>>
>> EVERY
>>
>> FOUR
>>
>> FREAKING
>>
>> MINUTES
>
> YouTube is really getting bad now, too. I was just watching a vid that made me
sit through two ads, then back to the vid, then 22 seconds later, it
launched
another set of ads. And of course YouTube ads don't have any kind of
natural
placement like TV ads do, so you literally have people cut off in
mid-sentence
by an ad for incontinence diapers.

Oh, these ads weren’t going into planned holes. They were just “it’s been
four minutes toss in an ad“

This is the first time I’ve hit this kind of thing. Usually I just get
frontloaded ads. Or ads at a reasonable spacing like with FreeVee. This was
completely untenable.

Re: FUBAR Season 1 Episode 1

<1381305002.706847660.738312.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187576&group=rec.arts.tv#187576

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 20:02:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 27 May 2023 03:02 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On May 26, 2023 at 12:11:46 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

>> On Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:01 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>
>>> I wonder if they gave the diamonds back to the bank?
>>
>> Don't think so since Arnie gave his grand child one of the diamonds.
>
> And his handler chastised for it, he said, "Shouldn't that be logged in as
evidence?"

> I was like evidence? Evidence of what? From what I could tell, Arnold stole
the diamonds to use as currency in an arms deal. They weren't evidence of a
crime. And even so, this isn't the FBI. The CIA isn't a law enforcement
agency. It doesn't arrest people (they literally have no arrest authority)
or
mess around with things like evidence.

I was thinking the same thing. Evidence for what? Against Arnold? Everybody
else is dead.