"Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning." -- Marlo Thomas

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county lines

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county linesRhino2
+* Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county linesBTR1701
|`- Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing countyRhino
`* Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county linesAdam H. Kerman
 `- Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing countyRhino

1
[OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county lines

<02a225ec-b54f-4e52-a6a9-8f473f08776dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187920&group=rec.arts.tv#187920

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 16:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county lines
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Mon, 29 May 2023 23:07 UTC

A habitual criminal from Chicago who had received only the slightest slaps on the wrist for carjacking, sexual assault, and various other serious crimes, made the mistake of leaving Cook County during his latest carjacking. Despite bragging to police and ambulance staff that he'd be out of jail by Sunday - he was arrested on Wednesday - he found that the Will County DA was not so tolerant of crime. He's been sentenced to 22 years after being convicted in Will County.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0DU1mX2V0 [13 minutes]

Cook County voters take note: if you want to put people like this in jail instead of being on the street stealing your car or raping your neighbours, try voting for a DA that *isn't* a stooge for George Soros. (If I recall correctly, Adam said Kim Foxx is not running this next time but it's not hard to imagine Soros backing someone else with a similar attitude.)

Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county lines

<atropos-34FA57.16462129052023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187922&group=rec.arts.tv#187922

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 16:46:21 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 29 May 2023 23:46 UTC

In article <02a225ec-b54f-4e52-a6a9-8f473f08776dn@googlegroups.com>,
Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

> A habitual criminal from Chicago who had received only the slightest slaps on
> the wrist for carjacking, sexual assault, and various other serious crimes,
> made the mistake of leaving Cook County during his latest carjacking. Despite
> bragging to police and ambulance staff that he'd be out of jail by Sunday -
> he was arrested on Wednesday - he found that the Will County DA was not so
> tolerant of crime. He's been sentenced to 22 years after being convicted in
> Will County.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0DU1mX2V0 [13 minutes]
>
> Cook County voters take note: if you want to put people like this in jail
> instead of being on the street stealing your car or raping your neighbours,
> try voting for a DA that *isn't* a stooge for George Soros. (If I recall
> correctly, Adam said Kim Foxx is not running this next time but it's not hard
> to imagine Soros backing someone else with a similar attitude.)

Maybe that works in Illinois, but we have a state legislature that's
committed to emptying and shutting down all the prisons, so even a tough
D.A. will end up putting them away, only to have the legislature release
them after having only served a fraction of their sentence.

Newsom wants to turn San Quentin into a Scandinavian country club:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-03-16/newsom-wants-to-trans
form-san-quentin-using-a-scandinavian-model

Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county lines

<u53fgq$1mqvo$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187934&group=rec.arts.tv#187934

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 00:20:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 30 May 2023 00:20 UTC

Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>A habitual criminal from Chicago who had received only the slightest
>slaps on the wrist for carjacking, sexual assault, and various other
>serious crimes, made the mistake of leaving Cook County during his
>latest carjacking. Despite bragging to police and ambulance staff that
>he'd be out of jail by Sunday - he was arrested on Wednesday - he found
>that the Will County DA was not so tolerant of crime. He's been
>sentenced to 22 years after being convicted in Will County.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0DU1mX2V0 [13 minutes]

>Cook County voters take note: if you want to put people like this in
>jail instead of being on the street stealing your car or raping your
>neighbours, try voting for a DA that *isn't* a stooge for George Soros.
>(If I recall correctly, Adam said Kim Foxx is not running this next time
>but it's not hard to imagine Soros backing someone else with a similar
>attitude.)

I don't recall Soros contributed to her campaign. I'd have to look.

Yeah, there have been some other multi-county chases originating in
Chicago that received special attention from the local prosecutor, and
they can still be tried for crimes in Cook County.

Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county lines

<u54sil$20arc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187995&group=rec.arts.tv#187995

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county
lines
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 09:09:38 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 30 May 2023 13:09 UTC

On 2023-05-29 7:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <02a225ec-b54f-4e52-a6a9-8f473f08776dn@googlegroups.com>,
> Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A habitual criminal from Chicago who had received only the slightest slaps on
>> the wrist for carjacking, sexual assault, and various other serious crimes,
>> made the mistake of leaving Cook County during his latest carjacking. Despite
>> bragging to police and ambulance staff that he'd be out of jail by Sunday -
>> he was arrested on Wednesday - he found that the Will County DA was not so
>> tolerant of crime. He's been sentenced to 22 years after being convicted in
>> Will County.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0DU1mX2V0 [13 minutes]
>>
>> Cook County voters take note: if you want to put people like this in jail
>> instead of being on the street stealing your car or raping your neighbours,
>> try voting for a DA that *isn't* a stooge for George Soros. (If I recall
>> correctly, Adam said Kim Foxx is not running this next time but it's not hard
>> to imagine Soros backing someone else with a similar attitude.)
>
> Maybe that works in Illinois, but we have a state legislature that's
> committed to emptying and shutting down all the prisons, so even a tough
> D.A. will end up putting them away, only to have the legislature release
> them after having only served a fraction of their sentence.
>
> Newsom wants to turn San Quentin into a Scandinavian country club:
>
> https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-03-16/newsom-wants-to-trans
> form-san-quentin-using-a-scandinavian-model

Typical "progressive": they declare some radically new approach to
something a miracle solution and spend millions (or billions)
implementing it WITHOUT having verified that it works in a similar
context. California and Scandinavia are radically different places; even
the article admits that California has huge problems with drugs and
gangs that the Scandinavians don't experience. So why not try a limited
pilot project in one small part of the prison first and monitor it
carefully for long enough to be SURE it works before rolling it out to
the entire prison? But no, that would be sensible and "progressives" are
NEVER sensible....
--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Chicago criminal gets actual justice after crossing county lines

<u54trd$20arc$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188001&group=rec.arts.tv#188001

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
lines
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 09:31:21 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 30 May 2023 13:31 UTC

On 2023-05-29 8:20 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> A habitual criminal from Chicago who had received only the slightest
>> slaps on the wrist for carjacking, sexual assault, and various other
>> serious crimes, made the mistake of leaving Cook County during his
>> latest carjacking. Despite bragging to police and ambulance staff that
>> he'd be out of jail by Sunday - he was arrested on Wednesday - he found
>> that the Will County DA was not so tolerant of crime. He's been
>> sentenced to 22 years after being convicted in Will County.
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0DU1mX2V0 [13 minutes]
>
>> Cook County voters take note: if you want to put people like this in
>> jail instead of being on the street stealing your car or raping your
>> neighbours, try voting for a DA that *isn't* a stooge for George Soros.
>> (If I recall correctly, Adam said Kim Foxx is not running this next time
>> but it's not hard to imagine Soros backing someone else with a similar
>> attitude.)
>
> I don't recall Soros contributed to her campaign. I'd have to look.
>
> Yeah, there have been some other multi-county chases originating in
> Chicago that received special attention from the local prosecutor, and
> they can still be tried for crimes in Cook County.

The presenter in the video implies that very few things in Cook County
are taken very seriously by Kim Fox but I don't live there - and he may
not either - so I have no idea if he is accurate or guilty of massive
over-generalization.

--
Rhino