From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #301: Tales of the LNH #278-279
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:54:40 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1694984059; x=1695588859;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:date:newsgroups:path
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=krtJsiqvdilsoel7fcdNFlDoo566I/AkT1+ovakX5nw=;
b=QNJLSTqVNqu7Lej8p0GROYWgAVaY6wHYtcxTfR2qDMjeACP8x6rgYXMv30nP/cb/q4
ygOWpn2J0EwtESWxmKbPQV6ktUBQAc5gsABaLWS5Ha7FjDT9WnWUGefvIT1vCs5SnCbg
WG4NUQvOGZpHnTSYV0oT4kdZ8rtLVlWLHyyK9MPzAmtIujB8EuKZo1w9C9ksbc6Qav+e
vtZ6Cd9aWDNZrbDt1FDxRSyoCsg6zzeQeuhvvwRSYUzrUWALB3ZU293ThPehC9gKAujS
wf0pKncAbEIu0axRTKPhNLEgNEP0tqt+mXRCzyUIQ7E3ERk0kfPW2CCH8i0SOT6yEAJf
Vv2w==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:54 UTC

And we're back in the past and can check the eyrie archive
once again.

And here's where you can find most of the Tales of the LNH as well as
other Panta comics:

https://archives.eyrie.org/racc/lnh/Series/Tales.LNH/

And we begin the Hubert Bartels run on Tales of the LNH (which
okay -- there aren't really any other runs besides that one --
although Jeff McCoskey did a couple of issues in a flashback
for that Catalytic Conversions Crossover (LNH CP Special #5)

So we have Tales of the LNH #278-279! How is Panta coping with
the death of her teammate Lost Cause Boy!? Will the Ultimate
Ninja do some Real Ninja Stuff (like throwing Ninja Bushes and
tearing still beating hearts out of people's chests) or will he
instead be wondering whether or not Pocket Man has some panties
with a hole for a tail to go through and what color those
panties would indeed be?! And will there be some very problematic
villain that wants to convert all of Net.ropolis back to the Golden
Age?!!

Find out in...

_
| | Classic
| | =
| | ____ ____ _ ____ ___
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #301

=====================
Tales of the LNH #278-279
=====================

Tales of the LNH #278-283 by Hubert

TALES OF THE L.N.H. #278

Panta, still dressed in the brief, V-cut tunic and high laced Roman
sandals that she wore in Panta #4, pushed her way through the LNH's new
revolving doors and into a huge marble-floored lobby. Standing here and
there were potted palms and soft chairs - the effect was of a very expensive
Art-Deco hotel.
In fact, one never knew exactly how the LNH HQ would look after a
explosion and reconstruction; it had already resembled a London Gentleman's
Club, a late Renaissance Italian palace, the UN building. Now, it resembled
a rather shorter stubby version of the 1930's Empire State Building, complete
with an Airship mooring post. LNH'ers were never sure if they would be
hanging their spandex uniforms on brushed chrome, wood, or polished brass
stands after a reconstruction. A committee headed by Super-Apathy Lad,
Time-Wasting Lad and Procrastination Boy is looking into why this is so, but
they have yet to set an agenda to decide when to meet.

"Hey, that outfit looks like something Diana Prince wore in the
first issues of Wonder Woman. I approve!" came a shout from Old-Comics Man
as Panta walked across the LNH lobby to a offical LNH reception desk. She
twisted her head to see Old-Comics Man and Browsing Boy admiring the way
she filled out the curves of her brief tunic. As their eyes met, the two
men returned unabashed to their comics.
Panta walked past the lobby's small reflecting pool, smoothing the
wrinkles in her tunic; it was pretty tattered but she didn't have anything
else. The receptionist looked up at the leopard girl, her spotted fur and
tail, her leopard ears, her shock of blonde hair and furry human face.
"Hi, I'm Panta. I used to stay here. Is there any messages for me?"
Panta smiled at the receptionist.
"Let's see now. Lost Cause Boy left you his (tm) and his room," the
receptionist began, handing Panta a small box and a large brass key. "There
are several fan letters, and your share of the profits of sales of your LNH
action figure. Less storage costs for that." The receptionist pointed to
a middle-sized box under the desk of the reception area.
"Thanks, but I don't remember leaving anything in storage..." Panta
mused.
"Actually, it's Curly," the receptionist added. He took out the box
and set it on end, exposing Curly's proto-Stimpy feet. "Opps. Wrong end up."
He flipped the box, revealing Curly's vacant stare. "After Kid Anarky left
and you took off and Lost Cause Boy died, no one knew what to do with him.
So they stuffed him a box until one of you Integrity Questers showed up. You
want him?"
"I-I-I don't know what to do with him..." Panta stammered.
"No problem," the receptionist said. "We'll just hold him here until
you pick him up." He picked up Curly's box, and with repeated blows, was
able to stuff it back underneath the desk again. "Welcome back to the LNH."
"Thank you." Panta gathered up the letters and turned to walk away.
She stopped. Her eyes lit up with joy. A great big smile spread across her
face.
"Kiiiid Aaannnaaarrrkkkyyyyy!!!!!" She shouted. She threw her letters
and stuff in the air and ran across the huge lobby toward a familar figure in
a trenchcoat.
His face assumed a shocked look; his hands made warding off gestures.
All to no avail; Panta jumped into his lap to give him a big hug.
"Nooooo. Whooa. Whoa. Arrggh-" Splash!
The two of them fell backwards into the lobby's reflecting pool. When
the water crashed back onto the floor, Panta was sitting on Kid Anarky's
stomach, licking him in the face with a rough tongue.
"Ya miss me?" Panta happily asked Kid Anarky.
Kid Anarky struggled to sit up in the water of the reflecting pool.
"Yeah, I guess so." He looked at Panta's lithe shape, now slick with water,
and smiled. "Yeah, I missed you. Can we get up now?"
"Um, yes. Sure." Panta stood up. Water ran off her fur, outlining
every curve of her body. The tunic was completely transparent. Browsing Boy
and Old Comics Man made no pretense of looking at anything but Panta. Kid
Anarky closed his eyes and thought of Lost Cause Boy, his own wife and two
children, of ancient economic textbooks and other boring mundane things. Then
he shook his head. "Panta... you're all wet."
"Yes." Panta smiled at him.
"Why don't you go upstairs and dry off and put on something - less
distracting - more comfortable."
"Um, sure, Kid Anarky." As Panta left wet footsteps across the lobby
floor, Kid Anarky watched her shapely butt and tail disappear up the LNH
grand staircase.
Panta passed CheeseCake-Eater Lad who turned to look and then dropped
his cheese cake in astonishment.

On the third floor, Ultimate Ninja stepped out of yet another
LNH organizational meeting. "And I'm not coming back in until you guys
shut up and sit down!" he yelled back to the room of miscreants. He was
answered by a succession of cat-calls, Bronx cheers, and spitballs. The
Ultimate Ninja slammed the door shut and wondered just how he had inherited
the job of LNH temporary leader and who he could give the whole mess to next.
"Hi?" came someone's voice from behind him. The Ultimate Ninja
whirled and faced Panta's wet figure. Behind her, splotches of water ran
down the hallway to the stairs. The Ultimate Ninja groaned and reminded
himself to call Captain Cleanup to mop the stairs and hallways before someone
slipped and fell. "Panta?"
"Yes?"
"Aren't you rather... wet?"
"Yes."
"Shouldn't you go change or something?"
"Um, I haven't got anything to change into..."
The Ultimate Ninja's mind toyed with the idea of Panta in a large
fuzzy bath towel. A second thought of giving Panta the LNH, shoving her into
the room behind him and running off to do real Ninja things like tossing
Shuriken and climbing walls, stayed around a little longer. Only problem there
was that the leopard girl deserved better... Maybe he could give the whole
mess to Pocket Man; he seemed to be able to pull solutions out of his coat
pockets.
"Panta? Why don't you talk to Pocket Man? He can probably find you
something to wear."
"OK" Panta said happily and walked off, leaving more wet spots on
the carpet.
The Ultimate Ninja watched Panta walk off. He wondered if Pocket Man
would have panties in Panta's size with a opening for her tail. And if so,
what color panties would he have?

In a dark underground cavern, lit by dim bare bulbs, someone was
watching the new LNH HQ. Behind him, machinery growled and hummed as a
Ford Taurus was converted into a 1930's Golden Age Waterfall grill sedan.
Bwhahahhahahahahahahhahahah", he laughed evilly. "Soon my plans will come
to fruitation. There no longer is a color television in all of Net.ropolis.
No aluminum beer cans, plastic Coke bottles, or cellular phones. Soon things
will be the way they used to be. In the Golden era! Buhahahahaha!!!!" He
returned to watching the LNH HQ on the Ming-the-Merciless-type screen.

[ Who is the hooded evil character with the Fu-Manchu whiskers cackling as
Net.ropolis turns back the clock? What color will Panta's panties be? And
will there be an opening for her tail? Join us next issue and find out.]

TALES OF THE LNH: #279

[ In TOTL #278, Panta returns to LNH HQ. She falls into the LNH lobby
reflecting pool while giving Kid Anarky a wild welcome-back. Ultimate
Ninja suggests that she talk to Pocket Man and get something new to
wear. ]

Click here to read the complete article

arts / rec.arts.comics.creative / LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #301: Tales of the LNH #278-279