According to the obituary notices, a mean and unimportant person never dies.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)shawn
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)shawn
||  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
||   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)shawn
||    `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
||     +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)Adam H. Kerman
||     |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
||     `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)BTR1701
||      +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)shawn
||      `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)chromebook test

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<UBI20230524@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187352&group=rec.arts.tv#187352

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 25 May 2023 08:30 UTC

While packing for a road trip, I watched:

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"#SCANDAVOL". Cameras pick back up after Ariana discovers that her
boyfriend of nine years is having an affair with one of her best
friends; Schwartz panics when the scandal threatens to upend their
business; Sandoval comes clean with another shocking secret.

This was obviously mostly-recreated after the fact for the cameras but
was a bit intense for me.

Sandoval screwed around with Billie the trans waitress? Gross. I guess
he'll do anyone who strokes his ego.

I am skeptical about Sandoval's hysterical sobbing with Lisa
Vanderbucks.

I am on the fence about Schwartz but want to hear more at the reunion.

I am not fond of Schemer but I was on her side.

Once again, LaLa is one of the last people who should be commenting on
this.

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Reunion Part 1". In the explosive and larger-than-life first part of
the reunion, Andy Cohen sits down for intimate one-on-one interviews
with Ariana, Tom and Raquel to get to the bottom of the cheating
scandal that shocked the world. James nearly comes to blows with
Sandoval over the affair. Katie and Schwartz rehash the implosion of
their divorce.

This was exhausting. I kinda zoned out in the last 15 or 20 minutes at
the end.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<u4nopr$3ggs1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187354&group=rec.arts.tv#187354

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 06:45:31 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 25 May 2023 13:45 UTC

On 2023-05-25 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I actually have to do the final grading now, so not much. Just:

soaps: DOOL - Wed's ep. Very disappointing - they switched from the
Colin/Talia stuff to all the outlandish Megan Hathaway stuff I don't
care about. I didn't pay much attention to this ep...

Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Dark Knight of the Soul" (ep. #9). This
episode had some good parts, and definitely some bad parts (I
especially dislike how they've neutered Duela lately), but like Anim, I
don't particularly feel like commenting on this episode in detail.
The main take-aways are: 1) Turner's parents may have been
(accidentally?) killed by Batman (not confirmed, just implied), 2) We
may finally be getting some answers in terms of Harvey Dent's
"alter-ego". 3) The GK's are completely incompetent, and give away the
Electrum to the Owls, but not before poisoning Turner with it (really?!
no one thought to check to see if it was radioactive?!!) and not before
failing to injur or kill even one Owl. [roll]
Next week: Turner is gonna die (again!) from radiation poisoning!1! [roll]

Recorded for later: Just GH (which I am now behind on...).

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<u4nujs$3houk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187363&group=rec.arts.tv#187363

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 08:24:44 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 25 May 2023 15:24 UTC

History's Greatest Mysteries S3E05 'The Amityville Horror'
"After a series of dark and ominous events, an unassuming family home on
Long Island becomes the most notorious house in America; 50 years later,
its spawned a title wave of books, documentaries, and films.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<7c1v6idq7t2kpbi9bpr3fumop20bmbjq0n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187365&group=rec.arts.tv#187365

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 12:00:18 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 25 May 2023 16:00 UTC

On Thu, 25 May 2023 06:45:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-05-25 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
>I actually have to do the final grading now, so not much. Just:
>
>soaps: DOOL - Wed's ep. Very disappointing - they switched from the
>Colin/Talia stuff to all the outlandish Megan Hathaway stuff I don't
>care about. I didn't pay much attention to this ep...
>
>Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Dark Knight of the Soul" (ep. #9). This
>episode had some good parts, and definitely some bad parts (I
>especially dislike how they've neutered Duela lately), but like Anim, I
>don't particularly feel like commenting on this episode in detail.
> The main take-aways are: 1) Turner's parents may have been
>(accidentally?) killed by Batman (not confirmed, just implied), 2) We
>may finally be getting some answers in terms of Harvey Dent's
>"alter-ego". 3) The GK's are completely incompetent, and give away the
>Electrum to the Owls, but not before poisoning Turner with it (really?!
>no one thought to check to see if it was radioactive?!!) and not before
>failing to injur or kill even one Owl. [roll]
> Next week: Turner is gonna die (again!) from radiation poisoning!1! [roll]

Ugh.. So they discover the Cressida's dead body. Harvey's secretary
tells him that the police like Turner for the murder. When Harvey says
he doesn't think Turner did it she argues with him. Now she's just
his secretary and he's the DA so why is she suddenly willing to tell
him that he's wrong and this is why he's wrong about a case that
doesn't involve her or her family so there's no particular reason for
her to argue one way or the other?

Then we have the other mayoral candidate talking to Turner and
revealing his face. Then stabbing him with a knife dipped in some
substance. That gives him a very specific set of dreams. And we have
Harvey Dent discovering that he (in his alternate ego) may have killed
Cressida.

The GKs manage to find the Electrum and then track down where Turner
is by using triangulation of the radio communications the court is
using. Triangulation that they manage while working from a single
location. These kids are brilliant and have accomplished something no
one else in the world can do without even breaking a sweat.

What the hell are they doing with Duella and her sudden intense love
for Turner. So much so that she would readily give the Owls the
Electrum. They keep trying to convince Turner that Batman killed his
parents and that it somehow makes Batman into the bad guy. Even though
they only present the evidence of Bruce Wayne choosing to adopt
Turner. Nothing more and yet they expect Turner to not only accept
this but to decide to join the Court of Owls because of it.

Okay, now it is getting confusing. The Court wants Turner to join them
and become their new Talon. Which suggests the old Talon is dead, but
they've also been suggesting that Harvey is the Talon and he's
definitely alive. Not sure where this is going. So they try to kill
Turner to find out if they are being offered the real Electrum. They
weren't but Robin brings the real Electrum and uses it to heal Turner.
(So is he now immortal? They've shown that the rock can't be broken so
it isn't like they put a piece in the Talon to make him immortal.)

So did you watch anything? Want to tell us about it?
What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<7e0b1660-a918-48dd-8131-c4dbbd0c73e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187368&group=rec.arts.tv#187368

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 10:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 25 May 2023 17:04 UTC

On Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 8:15:36 AM UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
> While packing for a road trip

11 Minutes: America’s Deadliest Mass Shooting
9pm, BBC Two

On 1 October 2017, 22,000 country music fans headed to Las Vegas for the open-air Route 91 Harvest festival. As headliner Jason Aldean launched into his set, automatic gunfire began peppering the crowd, killing 59 people and injuring more than 800 others. There’s a lot of shocking footage in this four-part docuseries featuring the memories of concertgoers, police and Aldean himself. This opening double-bill looks at how a deluge of 911 calls caused concern that multiple shooters were on the Las Vegas Strip, while Swat officers converged on the Mandalay Bay Hotel, where the shooter was on the 32nd floor.

> What did you watch?

This is a nearly 4 hour documentary that borders on soap-opera like drama of a handful of injured victims. It is NOT a detective story. Stephen Paddock's name and motive aren't part of the narrative.

Victims shot included a 10 year cancer patient shot in the face, a new cop's first day on duty shot in the leg, a black cowboy shot in the neck, a set of twin cheerleaders.

I watched eps 1,2 & 4 and found several factual errors including: 1) the swat team that stormed the room only had ONE swat member. Other cops in the 'Swat Team" included a desk cop and a canine handler. 2) Investigators missed letters from a friend of Paddock asking him NOT to kill anyone. Investigators failed to interview this friend.

FWIIW: mime has 2 family members in medicine who worked the trauma rooms that night. They both carry emotional scars.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<1806956981.706733332.727455.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187384&group=rec.arts.tv#187384

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 12:02:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 May 2023 19:02 UTC

> On Thu, 25 May 2023 06:45:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-05-25 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I actually have to do the final grading now, so not much. Just:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL - Wed's ep. Very disappointing - they switched from the
>> Colin/Talia stuff to all the outlandish Megan Hathaway stuff I don't
>> care about. I didn't pay much attention to this ep...
>>
>> Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Dark Knight of the Soul" (ep. #9). This
>> episode had some good parts, and definitely some bad parts (I
>> especially dislike how they've neutered Duela lately), but like Anim, I
>> don't particularly feel like commenting on this episode in detail.
>> The main take-aways are: 1) Turner's parents may have been
>> (accidentally?) killed by Batman (not confirmed, just implied), 2) We
>> may finally be getting some answers in terms of Harvey Dent's
>> "alter-ego". 3) The GK's are completely incompetent, and give away the
>> Electrum to the Owls, but not before poisoning Turner with it (really?!
>> no one thought to check to see if it was radioactive?!!) and not before
>> failing to injur or kill even one Owl. [roll]
>> Next week: Turner is gonna die (again!) from radiation poisoning!1! [roll]
>

> Ugh.. So they discover the Cressida's dead body.

The reporter says that a jogger, while jogging, jogged past the body,
jogging him into calling the police. She then goes on to say that because
of the way the body was found they suspect Turner. Why, Turner leaves
bodies by jogging pads now?

Harvey's secretary

She is credited as assistant, which doesn’t dilute your point much. Also,
Harvey, two face addresses her by the actresses name, not the characters
name and the copy and lazy and uncaring that they didn’t bother to go in
and fix it

> tells him that the police like Turner for the murder. When Harvey says
> he doesn't think Turner did it she argues with him. Now she's just
> his secretary and he's the DA so why is she suddenly willing to tell
> him that he's wrong and this is why he's wrong about a case that
> doesn't involve her or her family so there's no particular reason for
> her to argue one way or the other?

Maybe she figures if he doesn’t even know her name how much trouble can she
get in?

> Then we have the other mayoral candidate talking to Turner and
> revealing his face.

I’m back to why the (presumed) head of the court of owls would even want to
be mayor. Isn’t that a demotion?

Then stabbing him with a knife dipped in some
> substance. That gives him a very specific set of dreams. And we have
> Harvey Dent discovering that he (in his alternate ego) may have killed
> Cressida.

Except we know he didn’t

> The GKs manage to find the Electrum and then track down where Turner
> is by using triangulation of the radio communications the court is
> using. Triangulation that they manage while working from a single
> location. These kids are brilliant and have accomplished something no
> one else in the world can do without even breaking a sweat.

Yeah, it’s actually worse than that. They were tracking the transmission of
the courts walkie-talkies. To their reception point. Remotely. There’s so
much wrong with that I don’t even know where to begin. Except, since they
could hear the transmission, why didn’t it traced back to the clock tower?

A few Halloweens ago the Peach and I were watching one of those shows where
idiots, track down ghosts, and haunted places. Their team was in, one of
the faux Dracula‘s castles in Romania. They explained how they had invented
triangulation and then showed how it worked. The three of them each had a
walkie-talkie. They all wandered around individually. When one of them
heard a sound, he yelled into his walkie-talkie and the other two ran over
to where he was.

Gotham actually did something stupider.

> What the hell are they doing with Duella and her sudden intense love
> for Turner.

This is why I said we had multiple riders for this. Because they each have
a different idea of who is crushing on a home.

So much so that she would readily give the Owls the
> Electrum. They keep trying to convince Turner that Batman killed his
> parents and that it somehow makes Batman into the bad guy. Even though
> they only present the evidence of Bruce Wayne choosing to adopt
> Turner. Nothing more and yet they expect Turner to not only accept
> this but to decide to join the Court of Owls because of it.
>
> Okay, now it is getting confusing. The Court wants Turner to join them
> and become their new Talon. Which suggests the old Talon is dead, but
> they've also been suggesting that Harvey is the Talon and he's
> definitely alive.

And has at least one head, even if it does have two faces.

Not sure where this is going. So they try to kill
> Turner to find out if they are being offered the real Electrum. They
> weren't but Robin brings the real Electrum and uses it to heal Turner.

How the hell does Robin know how to use the electrum? Why the hell does my
spellcheck know how to spell the electrum, but not how to capitalize it?

> (So is he now immortal?

You would think. Clearly, the old Talon didn’t carry a piece around with
him or they’d have retrieved it.

They've shown that the rock can't be broken so
> it isn't like they put a piece in the Talon to make him immortal.)
>

> So did you watch anything? Want to tell us about it?
> What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<iocv6ihlsnoj13625a1k9plrcjva1c60m2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187385&group=rec.arts.tv#187385

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 15:23:04 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 25 May 2023 19:23 UTC

On Thu, 25 May 2023 12:02:41 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 May 2023 06:45:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> I actually have to do the final grading now, so not much. Just:
>>>
>>> soaps: DOOL - Wed's ep. Very disappointing - they switched from the
>>> Colin/Talia stuff to all the outlandish Megan Hathaway stuff I don't
>>> care about. I didn't pay much attention to this ep...
>>>
>>> Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Dark Knight of the Soul" (ep. #9). This
>>> episode had some good parts, and definitely some bad parts (I
>>> especially dislike how they've neutered Duela lately), but like Anim, I
>>> don't particularly feel like commenting on this episode in detail.
>>> The main take-aways are: 1) Turner's parents may have been
>>> (accidentally?) killed by Batman (not confirmed, just implied), 2) We
>>> may finally be getting some answers in terms of Harvey Dent's
>>> "alter-ego". 3) The GK's are completely incompetent, and give away the
>>> Electrum to the Owls, but not before poisoning Turner with it (really?!
>>> no one thought to check to see if it was radioactive?!!) and not before
>>> failing to injur or kill even one Owl. [roll]
>>> Next week: Turner is gonna die (again!) from radiation poisoning!1! [roll]
>>

>> Ugh.. So they discover the Cressida's dead body.
>
>The reporter says that a jogger, while jogging, jogged past the body,
>jogging him into calling the police. She then goes on to say that because
>of the way the body was found they suspect Turner. Why, Turner leaves
>bodies by jogging pads now?

I thought it was because of the use of a sword. As though Turner is
the only person in Got ham who owns and knows how to use a sword to
stab a person.

> Harvey's secretary
>
>She is credited as assistant, which doesn’t dilute your point much. Also,
>Harvey, two face addresses her by the actresses name, not the characters
>name and the copy and lazy and uncaring that they didn’t bother to go in
>and fix it

LOL. I didn't notice the name change. Too many other things to notice
for that one to catch me since I never got her name. I miss most of
these people's names unless I hear it multiple times.

>> tells him that the police like Turner for the murder. When Harvey says
>> he doesn't think Turner did it she argues with him. Now she's just
>> his secretary and he's the DA so why is she suddenly willing to tell
>> him that he's wrong and this is why he's wrong about a case that
>> doesn't involve her or her family so there's no particular reason for
>> her to argue one way or the other?
>
>Maybe she figures if he doesn’t even know her name how much trouble can she
>get in?

This is true. It's hard to put in the paper work to fire someone if
you don't know their name.

Hey, HR, remove the person who sits in front of my office and wears a
dress from the payroll, please. Thanks.
What's that? Her name.. Um, I'm sure she has one. Maybe if you ask
her she will tell you the name. I can't be bothered with such trivial
details.

>> Then we have the other mayoral candidate talking to Turner and
>> revealing his face.
>
>I’m back to why the (presumed) head of the court of owls would even want to
>be mayor. Isn’t that a demotion?

He can be the first mayor to report on a vast increase in the amount
of crime during his term in office. Something for his bingo card?

> Then stabbing him with a knife dipped in some
>> substance. That gives him a very specific set of dreams. And we have
>> Harvey Dent discovering that he (in his alternate ego) may have killed
>> Cressida.
>
>Except we know he didn’t

Ah, but he doesn't know it yet.

>> The GKs manage to find the Electrum and then track down where Turner
>> is by using triangulation of the radio communications the court is
>> using. Triangulation that they manage while working from a single
>> location. These kids are brilliant and have accomplished something no
>> one else in the world can do without even breaking a sweat.
>>

>Yeah, it’s actually worse than that. They were tracking the transmission of
>the courts walkie-talkies. To their reception point. Remotely. There’s so
>much wrong with that I don’t even know where to begin. Except, since they
>could hear the transmission, why didn’t it traced back to the clock tower?
>
>A few Halloweens ago the Peach and I were watching one of those shows where
>idiots, track down ghosts, and haunted places. Their team was in, one of
>the faux Dracula‘s castles in Romania. They explained how they had invented
>triangulation and then showed how it worked. The three of them each had a
>walkie-talkie. They all wandered around individually. When one of them
>heard a sound, he yelled into his walkie-talkie and the other two ran over
>to where he was.

LOL. That's some amazing bit of triangulation.

>Gotham actually did something stupider.
>

>> What the hell are they doing with Duella and her sudden intense love
>> for Turner.
>
>This is why I said we had multiple riders for this. Because they each have
>a different idea of who is crushing on a home.

We certainly seem to have a rider that is beating a dead horse and
maybe a writer too. Though I'm not so sure they have a different idea.
At least it seems like we started out with one set of crushes and then
a couple of episodes back they switched their crushes. Not for any
reason that we saw so the only logical conclusion is a new writer
stepped. Hopefully the previous writer is getting the mental health
treatment needed to recover from working on this show.

>So much so that she would readily give the Owls the
>> Electrum. They keep trying to convince Turner that Batman killed his
>> parents and that it somehow makes Batman into the bad guy. Even though
>> they only present the evidence of Bruce Wayne choosing to adopt
>> Turner. Nothing more and yet they expect Turner to not only accept
>> this but to decide to join the Court of Owls because of it.
>>
>> Okay, now it is getting confusing. The Court wants Turner to join them
>> and become their new Talon. Which suggests the old Talon is dead, but
>> they've also been suggesting that Harvey is the Talon and he's
>> definitely alive.
>
>And has at least one head, even if it does have two faces.
>

>Not sure where this is going. So they try to kill
>> Turner to find out if they are being offered the real Electrum. They
>> weren't but Robin brings the real Electrum and uses it to heal Turner.
>
>How the hell does Robin know how to use the electrum? Why the hell does my
>spellcheck know how to spell the electrum, but not how to capitalize it?

Apparently everyone understands that the rock works just by having it
near you. Which is how it typically works in the comics but these
people haven't read the comics so where is this knowledge coming from.
A better writer would have at least had the Court members tell her
what to do. Though a better writer would likely be working on a
different show.

>> (So is he now immortal?
>
>You would think. Clearly, the old Talon didn’t carry a piece around with
>him or they’d have retrieved it.

Yeah, but my guess is he isn't immortal because *reasons*.

>They've shown that the rock can't be broken so
>> it isn't like they put a piece in the Talon to make him immortal.)
>>

>> So did you watch anything? Want to tell us about it?
>> What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<1182390041.706751315.130750.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187400&group=rec.arts.tv#187400

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 16:58:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 May 2023 23:58 UTC

> On Thu, 25 May 2023 12:02:41 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Ugh.. So they discover the Cressida's dead body.
>>
>> The reporter says that a jogger, while jogging, jogged past the body,
>> jogging him into calling the police. She then goes on to say that because
>> of the way the body was found they suspect Turner. Why, Turner leaves
>> bodies by jogging pads now?
>>
> I thought it was because of the use of a sword. As though Turner is
> the only person in Got ham who owns and knows how to use a sword to
> stab a person.

If they were talking about the manner of the deaf, the sword might be an
idea. But she would say the way the bodies were found… Of course I suppose
she could have meant that the bodies were found shish kebabed.

>> Harvey's secretary
>>
>> She is credited as assistant, which doesn’t dilute your point much. Also,
>> Harvey, two face addresses her by the actresses name, not the characters
>> name and the copy and lazy and uncaring that they didn’t bother to go in
>> and fix it
>
> LOL. I didn't notice the name change. Too many other things to notice
> for that one to catch me since I never got her name. I miss most of
> these people's names unless I hear it multiple times.
>

>>> tells him that the police like Turner for the murder. When Harvey says
>>> he doesn't think Turner did it she argues with him. Now she's just
>>> his secretary and he's the DA so why is she suddenly willing to tell
>>> him that he's wrong and this is why he's wrong about a case that
>>> doesn't involve her or her family so there's no particular reason for
>>> her to argue one way or the other?
>>
>> Maybe she figures if he doesn’t even know her name how much trouble can she
>> get in?
>
> This is true. It's hard to put in the paper work to fire someone if
> you don't know their name.
>
> Hey, HR, remove the person who sits in front of my office and wears a
> dress from the payroll, please. Thanks.
> What's that? Her name.. Um, I'm sure she has one. Maybe if you ask
> her she will tell you the name. I can't be bothered with such trivial
> details.

Maybe they give the bosses red crayons and they draw an X on your face and
then round you up at lunchtime.

>>> Then we have the other mayoral candidate talking to Turner and
>>> revealing his face.
>>
>> I’m back to why the (presumed) head of the court of owls would even want to
>> be mayor. Isn’t that a demotion?
>
> He can be the first mayor to report on a vast increase in the amount
> of crime during his term in office. Something for his bingo card?
>

>> Then stabbing him with a knife dipped in some
>>> substance. That gives him a very specific set of dreams. And we have
>>> Harvey Dent discovering that he (in his alternate ego) may have killed
>>> Cressida.
>>
>> Except we know he didn’t
>
> Ah, but he doesn't know it yet.

Yeah, I’m still trying to decide if that’s actually of interest to the
audience, to watch Harvey two face suffer over something we know he’s wrong
about it. And that if he ever talks to Turner for five minutes, Turner
could tell him he’s wrong about.

>>> The GKs manage to find the Electrum and then track down where Turner
>>> is by using triangulation of the radio communications the court is
>>> using. Triangulation that they manage while working from a single
>>> location. These kids are brilliant and have accomplished something no
>>> one else in the world can do without even breaking a sweat.
>>>

>> Yeah, it’s actually worse than that. They were tracking the transmission of
>> the courts walkie-talkies. To their reception point. Remotely. There’s so
>> much wrong with that I don’t even know where to begin. Except, since they
>> could hear the transmission, why didn’t it traced back to the clock tower?
>>
>> A few Halloweens ago the Peach and I were watching one of those shows where
>> idiots, track down ghosts, and haunted places. Their team was in, one of
>> the faux Dracula‘s castles in Romania. They explained how they had invented
>> triangulation and then showed how it worked. The three of them each had a
>> walkie-talkie. They all wandered around individually. When one of them
>> heard a sound, he yelled into his walkie-talkie and the other two ran over
>> to where he was.
>
> LOL. That's some amazing bit of triangulation.

It’s called that because they had three walkie-talkies.

At its most basic level, you could probably actually do that with one
walkie-talkie. Just walk around until you hear a scary noise and then
scream like a girl.

>> Gotham actually did something stupider.
>>

>>> What the hell are they doing with Duella and her sudden intense love
>>> for Turner.
>>
>> This is why I said we had multiple riders for this. Because they each have
>> a different idea of who is crushing on a home.
>
> We certainly seem to have a rider

I thought and thought, and thought spellcheck on that, and it kept going
back and changing it back to rider. Now it’s changing “fuck“ back to
“thought“ and oh my god, this paragraph is falling apart faster than I can
fix it!

that is beating a dead horse and
> maybe a writer too. Though I'm not so sure they have a different idea.
> At least it seems like we started out with one set of crushes and then
> a couple of episodes back they switched their crushes. Not for any
> reason that we saw so the only logical conclusion is a new writer
> stepped. Hopefully the previous writer is getting the mental health
> treatment needed to recover from working on this show.

How come nobody has a crush on the “brother“ that’s had the top surgery?

>> So much so that she would readily give the Owls the
>>> Electrum. They keep trying to convince Turner that Batman killed his
>>> parents and that it somehow makes Batman into the bad guy. Even though
>>> they only present the evidence of Bruce Wayne choosing to adopt
>>> Turner. Nothing more and yet they expect Turner to not only accept
>>> this but to decide to join the Court of Owls because of it.
>>>
>>> Okay, now it is getting confusing. The Court wants Turner to join them
>>> and become their new Talon. Which suggests the old Talon is dead, but
>>> they've also been suggesting that Harvey is the Talon and he's
>>> definitely alive.
>>
>> And has at least one head, even if it does have two faces.
>>

>> Not sure where this is going. So they try to kill
>>> Turner to find out if they are being offered the real Electrum. They
>>> weren't but Robin brings the real Electrum and uses it to heal Turner.
>>
>> How the hell does Robin know how to use the electrum? Why the hell does my
>> spellcheck know how to spell the electrum, but not how to capitalize it?
>
> Apparently everyone understands that the rock works just by having it
> near you. Which is how it typically works in the comics but these
> people haven't read the comics so where is this knowledge coming from.
> A better writer would have at least had the Court members tell her
> what to do. Though a better writer would likely be working on a
> different show.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<pjvv6il8cqhleh6utegg14b2s0fls4m2up@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187407&group=rec.arts.tv#187407

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 20:41:20 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 26 May 2023 00:41 UTC

On Thu, 25 May 2023 16:58:52 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 May 2023 12:02:41 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> The reporter says that a jogger, while jogging, jogged past the body,
>>> jogging him into calling the police. She then goes on to say that because
>>> of the way the body was found they suspect Turner. Why, Turner leaves
>>> bodies by jogging pads now?
>>>
>> I thought it was because of the use of a sword. As though Turner is
>> the only person in Got ham who owns and knows how to use a sword to
>> stab a person.
>
>If they were talking about the manner of the deaf, the sword might be an
>idea. But she would say the way the bodies were found… Of course I suppose
>she could have meant that the bodies were found shish kebabed.

Like you said originally I'm not sure what there could be in the
manner of finding the body that leads them to think Turner did it.
Even the wound doesn't exactly lead them to Turner as the suspect.

>>> Harvey's secretary
>>>
>>> She is credited as assistant, which doesn’t dilute your point much. Also,
>>> Harvey, two face addresses her by the actresses name, not the characters
>>> name and the copy and lazy and uncaring that they didn’t bother to go in
>>> and fix it
>>
>> LOL. I didn't notice the name change. Too many other things to notice
>> for that one to catch me since I never got her name. I miss most of
>> these people's names unless I hear it multiple times.

>>> Maybe she figures if he doesn’t even know her name how much trouble can she
>>> get in?
>>
>> This is true. It's hard to put in the paper work to fire someone if
>> you don't know their name.
>>
>> Hey, HR, remove the person who sits in front of my office and wears a
>> dress from the payroll, please. Thanks.
>> What's that? Her name.. Um, I'm sure she has one. Maybe if you ask
>> her she will tell you the name. I can't be bothered with such trivial
>> details.
>
>Maybe they give the bosses red crayons and they draw an X on your face and
>then round you up at lunchtime.

That could work but this is Got ham where people seem to dress up all
the time. So who's to say that wearing a red X on the face isn't a
fashion craze.

>>> I’m back to why the (presumed) head of the court of owls would even want to
>>> be mayor. Isn’t that a demotion?
>>
>> He can be the first mayor to report on a vast increase in the amount
>> of crime during his term in office. Something for his bingo card?
>>

>>> Then stabbing him with a knife dipped in some
>>>
>>> Except we know he didn’t
>>
>> Ah, but he doesn't know it yet.
>
>Yeah, I’m still trying to decide if that’s actually of interest to the
>audience, to watch Harvey two face suffer over something we know he’s wrong
>about it. And that if he ever talks to Turner for five minutes, Turner
>could tell him he’s wrong about.

I guess it could be a good thing if we get to watch Castiel play the
bad guy, but that's about the only reason for doing it.

>>> Yeah, it’s actually worse than that. They were tracking the transmission of
>>> the courts walkie-talkies. To their reception point. Remotely. There’s so
>>> much wrong with that I don’t even know where to begin. Except, since they
>>> could hear the transmission, why didn’t it traced back to the clock tower?
>>>
>>> A few Halloweens ago the Peach and I were watching one of those shows where
>>> idiots, track down ghosts, and haunted places. Their team was in, one of
>>> the faux Dracula‘s castles in Romania. They explained how they had invented
>>> triangulation and then showed how it worked. The three of them each had a
>>> walkie-talkie. They all wandered around individually. When one of them
>>> heard a sound, he yelled into his walkie-talkie and the other two ran over
>>> to where he was.
>>
>> LOL. That's some amazing bit of triangulation.
>
>It’s called that because they had three walkie-talkies.
>
>At its most basic level, you could probably actually do that with one
>walkie-talkie. Just walk around until you hear a scary noise and then
>scream like a girl.

Sure but you wouldn't call that triangulation.

>>> Gotham actually did something stupider.

>>> This is why I said we had multiple riders for this. Because they each have
>>> a different idea of who is crushing on a home.
>>
>> We certainly seem to have a rider
>
>I thought and thought, and thought spellcheck on that, and it kept going
>back and changing it back to rider. Now it’s changing “fuck“ back to
>“thought“ and oh my god, this paragraph is falling apart faster than I can
>fix it!

Your technology is working against you.

>that is beating a dead horse and
>> maybe a writer too. Though I'm not so sure they have a different idea.
>> At least it seems like we started out with one set of crushes and then
>> a couple of episodes back they switched their crushes. Not for any
>> reason that we saw so the only logical conclusion is a new writer
>> stepped. Hopefully the previous writer is getting the mental health
>> treatment needed to recover from working on this show.
>>

>How come nobody has a crush on the “brother“ that’s had the top surgery?

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<621959822.706765731.988614.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187425&group=rec.arts.tv#187425

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 00:35:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 07:35 UTC

> On Thu, 25 May 2023 16:58:52 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I thought it was because of the use of a sword. As though Turner is
>>> the only person in Got ham who owns and knows how to use a sword to
>>> stab a person.
>>
>> If they were talking about the manner of the deaf, the sword might be an
>> idea. But she would say the way the bodies were found… Of course I suppose
>> she could have meant that the bodies were found shish kebabed.
>>

> Like you said originally I'm not sure what there could be in the
> manner of finding the body that leads them to think Turner did it.
> Even the wound doesn't exactly lead them to Turner as the suspect.

>>> LOL. I didn't notice the name change. Too many other things to notice
>>> for that one to catch me since I never got her name. I miss most of
>>> these people's names unless I hear it multiple times.

>>> This is true. It's hard to put in the paper work to fire someone if
>>> you don't know their name.
>>>
>>> Hey, HR, remove the person who sits in front of my office and wears a
>>> dress from the payroll, please. Thanks.
>>> What's that? Her name.. Um, I'm sure she has one. Maybe if you ask
>>> her she will tell you the name. I can't be bothered with such trivial
>>> details.
>>
>> Maybe they give the bosses red crayons and they draw an X on your face and
>> then round you up at lunchtime.
>>

> That could work but this is Got ham where people seem to dress up all
> the time. So who's to say that wearing a red X on the face isn't a
> fashion craze.

>>> He can be the first mayor to report on a vast increase in the amount
>>> of crime during his term in office. Something for his bingo card?

>>> Ah, but he doesn't know it yet.
>>
>> Yeah, I’m still trying to decide if that’s actually of interest to the
>> audience, to watch Harvey two face suffer over something we know he’s wrong
>> about it. And that if he ever talks to Turner for five minutes, Turner
>> could tell him he’s wrong about.
>
> I guess it could be a good thing if we get to watch Castiel play the
> bad guy, but that's about the only reason for doing it.

>>> LOL. That's some amazing bit of triangulation.
>>
>> It’s called that because they had three walkie-talkies.
>>
>> At its most basic level, you could probably actually do that with one
>> walkie-talkie. Just walk around until you hear a scary noise and then
>> scream like a girl.
>
> Sure but you wouldn't call that triangulation.

I wouldn’t. but then I wouldn’t have called the three of them wandering
around with walkie-talkies triangulation either.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<u4qea7$80l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187456&group=rec.arts.tv#187456

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 14:04:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 26 May 2023 14:04 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>>. . .

>>You would think so, but apparently cutting off the head kills him
>>permanently. Or the Court of Owls never gave a thought to putting the
>>head back in place. It's like the question of what would happen if you
>>cut Wolverine in half? Would you end up with two Wolverines or would
>>only the half with a head regenerate?

>I've been told that wolverine can fully regenerate from a drop of blood,
>memories intact, Adamantium skeleton, and all. I don't think they thought
>this through very well.

Good heavens. Considering that the skeleton isn't organic, it cannot
possibly work like that.

>This is definitely true of the hulk and possibly Deadpool.

>https://www.cbr.com/x-force-getting-cut-in-half-cant-stop-wolverine/

>That article documents what happens if you cut wolverine in half at the
>waist. He just goes on crawling along killing people. It also tells you
>what would happen when you cut wolverine in half vertically.

>https://screenrant.com/wolverine-regenerates-drop-blood/

>That article documents, Wolverine fully regenerating from a single drop of
>hearts blood. However, there were extenuating circumstances.

>"Deadpool can completely regenerate from a single cell. Any cell. The real
>problem is that he can only have one active brain at a time."

So he cannot have spinoff comic book series?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<atropos-241FC3.11084226052023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187477&group=rec.arts.tv#187477

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <UBI20230524@dont-email.me> <u4nopr$3ggs1$1@dont-email.me> <7c1v6idq7t2kpbi9bpr3fumop20bmbjq0n@4ax.com> <1806956981.706733332.727455.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <iocv6ihlsnoj13625a1k9plrcjva1c60m2@4ax.com> <1182390041.706751315.130750.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <pjvv6il8cqhleh6utegg14b2s0fls4m2up@4ax.com> <621959822.706765731.988614.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 11:08:42 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 26 May 2023 18:08 UTC

In article
<621959822.706765731.988614.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> > You would think so, but apparently cutting off the head kills him
> > permanently. Or the Court of Owls never gave a thought to putting the
> > head back in place. It's like the question of what would happen if you
> > cut Wolverine in half? Would you end up with two Wolverines or would
> > only the half with a head regenerate?
>
> I've been told that wolverine can fully regenerate from a drop of blood,
> memories intact, Adamantium skeleton, and all.

So what happens when he gets shot and blood sprays everywhere?

Does Wolverine Prime heal as expected and then every drop of sprayed
blood also turns into a new Wolverine?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<r0v17ilk7kkvtssh60blb80rmapndpliko@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187479&group=rec.arts.tv#187479

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <UBI20230524@dont-email.me> <u4nopr$3ggs1$1@dont-email.me> <7c1v6idq7t2kpbi9bpr3fumop20bmbjq0n@4ax.com> <1806956981.706733332.727455.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <iocv6ihlsnoj13625a1k9plrcjva1c60m2@4ax.com> <1182390041.706751315.130750.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <pjvv6il8cqhleh6utegg14b2s0fls4m2up@4ax.com> <621959822.706765731.988614.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-241FC3.11084226052023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 14:36:27 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 26 May 2023 18:36 UTC

On Fri, 26 May 2023 11:08:42 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article
><621959822.706765731.988614.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> > You would think so, but apparently cutting off the head kills him
>> > permanently. Or the Court of Owls never gave a thought to putting the
>> > head back in place. It's like the question of what would happen if you
>> > cut Wolverine in half? Would you end up with two Wolverines or would
>> > only the half with a head regenerate?
>>
>> I've been told that wolverine can fully regenerate from a drop of blood,
>> memories intact, Adamantium skeleton, and all.
>
>So what happens when he gets shot and blood sprays everywhere?
>
>Does Wolverine Prime heal as expected and then every drop of sprayed
>blood also turns into a new Wolverine?

He can be his own clone army.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<999653750.706819822.094480.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187485&group=rec.arts.tv#187485

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 19:04 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> You would think so, but apparently cutting off the head kills him
>>> permanently. Or the Court of Owls never gave a thought to putting the
>>> head back in place. It's like the question of what would happen if you
>>> cut Wolverine in half? Would you end up with two Wolverines or would
>>> only the half with a head regenerate?
>
>> I've been told that wolverine can fully regenerate from a drop of blood,
>> memories intact, Adamantium skeleton, and all. I don't think they thought
>> this through very well.
>
> Good heavens. Considering that the skeleton isn't organic, it cannot
> possibly work like that.

Yeah. It’s not organic. It’s not OEM. There’s just no way it should
reassert itself.

But, hell, the claws were originally built into the gloves and the new
creatives just got it wrong.

>> This is definitely true of the hulk and possibly Deadpool.
>
>> https://www.cbr.com/x-force-getting-cut-in-half-cant-stop-wolverine/
>
>> That article documents what happens if you cut wolverine in half at the
>> waist. He just goes on crawling along killing people. It also tells you
>> what would happen when you cut wolverine in half vertically.
>
>> https://screenrant.com/wolverine-regenerates-drop-blood/
>
>> That article documents, Wolverine fully regenerating from a single drop of
>> hearts blood. However, there were extenuating circumstances.
>
>> "Deadpool can completely regenerate from a single cell. Any cell. The real
>> problem is that he can only have one active brain at a time."
>
> So he cannot have spinoff comic book series?

I find the idea of an army of shambling brainless deadpools amusing,
although I’m not really sure you could tell the difference

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<1416005769.706819982.855700.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187486&group=rec.arts.tv#187486

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 19:04 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <621959822.706765731.988614.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>>> You would think so, but apparently cutting off the head kills him
>>> permanently. Or the Court of Owls never gave a thought to putting the
>>> head back in place. It's like the question of what would happen if you
>>> cut Wolverine in half? Would you end up with two Wolverines or would
>>> only the half with a head regenerate?
>>
>> I've been told that wolverine can fully regenerate from a drop of blood,
>> memories intact, Adamantium skeleton, and all.
>
> So what happens when he gets shot and blood sprays everywhere?
>
> Does Wolverine Prime heal as expected and then every drop of sprayed
> blood also turns into a new Wolverine?

As I said, they clearly haven’t thought this through.

Hell, depending on how long it takes the new wolverines to mature, this
sounds like it would be a pretty good tactic for attack and infiltration.
Just bleed in the water supply of the fortress you want into.

Maybe Logan hast to bleed into a pile of animal carcasses or something. The
mass has to come from somewhere. And suddenly we’re into THE THING.

The only one I believe for a second could pull this off is the HULK. He’s
already pulling unlimited mass from extra dimensional sources.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<u54riq$1vbau$20@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187991&group=rec.arts.tv#187991

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 04:30:58 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 30 May 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <u4nopr$3ggs1$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:
>On 2023-05-25 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

>> What did you watch?
>
>Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Dark Knight of the Soul" (ep. #9). This
>episode had some good parts, and definitely some bad parts (I
>especially dislike how they've neutered Duela lately), but like Anim, I
>don't particularly feel like commenting on this episode in detail.
> The main take-aways are: 1) Turner's parents may have been
>(accidentally?) killed by Batman (not confirmed, just implied), 2) We
>may finally be getting some answers in terms of Harvey Dent's
>"alter-ego". 3) The GK's are completely incompetent, and give away the
>Electrum to the Owls, but not before poisoning Turner with it (really?!
>no one thought to check to see if it was radioactive?!!) and not before
>failing to injur or kill even one Owl. [roll]

Here's a more-detailed commentary from Disparu:
https://youtu.be/BNnsnKeZK7Y

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-24 (Wednesday)

<435922668.707148456.425685.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188007&group=rec.arts.tv#188007

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 07:18:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 30 May 2023 14:18 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <u4nopr$3ggs1$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:
>> On 2023-05-25 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Dark Knight of the Soul" (ep. #9). This
>> episode had some good parts, and definitely some bad parts (I
>> especially dislike how they've neutered Duela lately), but like Anim, I
>> don't particularly feel like commenting on this episode in detail.
>> The main take-aways are: 1) Turner's parents may have been
>> (accidentally?) killed by Batman (not confirmed, just implied), 2) We
>> may finally be getting some answers in terms of Harvey Dent's
>> "alter-ego". 3) The GK's are completely incompetent, and give away the
>> Electrum to the Owls, but not before poisoning Turner with it (really?!
>> no one thought to check to see if it was radioactive?!!) and not before
>> failing to injur or kill even one Owl. [roll]
>
> Here's a more-detailed commentary from Disparu:
> https://youtu.be/BNnsnKeZK7Y

:)