From Season 2 episode 06 Pas de Deux

<5rgd7ip1rg2ovj5fbldpff6g4ig5pvjkt9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188108&group=rec.arts.tv#188108

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: From Season 2 episode 06 Pas de Deux
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 23:50:52 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 31 May 2023 03:50 UTC

The Sheriff tries to explain to the Diner mom why he protected Sarah.
That the place seems to be changing and they need to use every
resource to try and find a way home. Her son comes in so the Sheri
goes to leave only he is suddenly back in the church where he left
Sarah and there's a music box with a ballerina in it playing. When he
looks the other way he sees an actual ballerina dancing and she starts
to dance with him only to open her mouth and have worms come pouring
out. Then he passes out and is back in the diner where the son is
encouraged to take him to see Christie, the paramedic.

The group is running low on food. We then cut to Christie, who finds a
packet of info for a rehabilitation place for her fiance. Of course
her fiance reacts badly when being questioned about her drug use. We
then cut back to the Sheriff who is still seeing the ballerina for
some reason. At least now he is telling people about what he is seeing
and what happened to him after he went into the tree. Though he has
another run in with the ballerina who tries to kill him before he
wakes up.

The new guy (who has been there all along but we never saw) at the big
house is freaking out about the lack of food and threatens one of the
new people to make them go outside. He then turns quickly and ends up
stabbing Jade in the chest. The new black guy (who sees things) runs
for the van and brings it up to the house so that Fatima can help Jade
into the van while the things slowly walk toward them.

Turns out that dad and son have the same blood type, O-, but Boyd
doesn't want to give his son his blood for the risk of giving him
whatever the guy chained up had. So Kenny threatens to shoot him if he
doesn't give Jade his blood (not much of a plus there if both die.)
Suddenly the worms are visible again under Boyd's skin so they can all
see it and Kenny has the bright idea of Boyd giving the worms to him
so then Boyd could safely give his blood to Jade.

Boyd has a better(?) idea and goes outside, calling out to the
monsters. He then cuts one of the monsters throats (the smiling guy)
and then places his hand on his throat with his cut hand and repeats
the phrase the chained guy said. Which apparently transfers the worms
into the monster who then apparently dies in front of the other
monsters. Who just look at the dead monster and then walk away.

Re: From Season 2 episode 06 Pas de Deux

<ooidncpor702Uev5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188127&group=rec.arts.tv#188127

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: From Season 2 episode 06 Pas de Deux
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 04:27:23 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 31 May 2023 04:27 UTC

On May 30, 2023 at 8:50:52 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> The Sheriff tries to explain to the Diner mom why he protected Sarah.
> That the place seems to be changing and they need to use every
> resource to try and find a way home. Her son comes in so the Sheri
> goes to leave only he is suddenly back in the church where he left
> Sarah and there's a music box with a ballerina in it playing. When he
> looks the other way he sees an actual ballerina dancing and she starts
> to dance with him only to open her mouth and have worms come pouring
> out. Then he passes out and is back in the diner where the son is
> encouraged to take him to see Christie, the paramedic.
>
> The group is running low on food. We then cut to Christie, who finds a
> packet of info for a rehabilitation place for her fiance. Of course
> her fiance reacts badly when being questioned about her drug use. We
> then cut back to the Sheriff who is still seeing the ballerina for
> some reason. At least now he is telling people about what he is seeing
> and what happened to him after he went into the tree. Though he has
> another run in with the ballerina who tries to kill him before he
> wakes up.
>
> The new guy (who has been there all along but we never saw) at the big
> house is freaking out about the lack of food and threatens one of the
> new people to make them go outside. He then turns quickly and ends up
> stabbing Jade in the chest. The new black guy (who sees things) runs
> for the van and brings it up to the house so that Fatima can help Jade
> into the van while the things slowly walk toward them.
>
> Turns out that dad and son have the same blood type, O-, but Boyd
> doesn't want to give his son his blood for the risk of giving him
> whatever the guy chained up had. So Kenny threatens to shoot him if he
> doesn't give Jade his blood (not much of a plus there if both die.)
> Suddenly the worms are visible again under Boyd's skin so they can all
> see it and Kenny has the bright idea of Boyd giving the worms to him
> so then Boyd could safely give his blood to Jade.

I didn't get why they even thought that would work. For all they know it'd be
like spending a disease. When you give someone a cold, you don't get better
when they get sick. The worms could infect Jade *and* stay inside Boyd, too.

> Boyd has a better(?) idea and goes outside, calling out to the
> monsters. He then cuts one of the monsters throats (the smiling guy)
> and then places his hand on his throat with his cut hand and repeats
> the phrase the chained guy said. Which apparently transfers the worms
> into the monster who then apparently dies in front of the other
> monsters. Who just look at the dead monster and then walk away.

At least they now know the creatures can be killed.

(And have they even much tried to kill them? I know they've tried to shoot
them to no effect but have they tried anything else? Like decapitation or
lighting them on fire?)

Re: From Season 2 episode 06 Pas de Deux

<fald7i9sa8b6b9tscoi7q51716odo49o8r@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188129&group=rec.arts.tv#188129

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 01:08:54 -0400
 by: shawn - Wed, 31 May 2023 05:08 UTC

On Wed, 31 May 2023 04:27:23 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On May 30, 2023 at 8:50:52 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>wrote:
>

>> The Sheriff tries to explain to the Diner mom why he protected Sarah.
>> That the place seems to be changing and they need to use every
>> resource to try and find a way home. Her son comes in so the Sheri
>> goes to leave only he is suddenly back in the church where he left
>> Sarah and there's a music box with a ballerina in it playing. When he
>> looks the other way he sees an actual ballerina dancing and she starts
>> to dance with him only to open her mouth and have worms come pouring
>> out. Then he passes out and is back in the diner where the son is
>> encouraged to take him to see Christie, the paramedic.
>>
>> The group is running low on food. We then cut to Christie, who finds a
>> packet of info for a rehabilitation place for her fiance. Of course
>> her fiance reacts badly when being questioned about her drug use. We
>> then cut back to the Sheriff who is still seeing the ballerina for
>> some reason. At least now he is telling people about what he is seeing
>> and what happened to him after he went into the tree. Though he has
>> another run in with the ballerina who tries to kill him before he
>> wakes up.
>>
>> The new guy (who has been there all along but we never saw) at the big
>> house is freaking out about the lack of food and threatens one of the
>> new people to make them go outside. He then turns quickly and ends up
>> stabbing Jade in the chest. The new black guy (who sees things) runs
>> for the van and brings it up to the house so that Fatima can help Jade
>> into the van while the things slowly walk toward them.
>>
>> Turns out that dad and son have the same blood type, O-, but Boyd
>> doesn't want to give his son his blood for the risk of giving him
>> whatever the guy chained up had. So Kenny threatens to shoot him if he
>> doesn't give Jade his blood (not much of a plus there if both die.)
>> Suddenly the worms are visible again under Boyd's skin so they can all
>> see it and Kenny has the bright idea of Boyd giving the worms to him
>> so then Boyd could safely give his blood to Jade.
>
>I didn't get why they even thought that would work. For all they know it'd be
>like spending a disease. When you give someone a cold, you don't get better
>when they get sick. The worms could infect Jade *and* stay inside Boyd, too.

I felt fairly sure that was what Boyd was thinking at the time, but
then he did the transfer to the monster and it left Boyd to enter the
monster. Though didn't he say they were keeping the chained guy alive
because they were feeding on his infected blood. I expected the
monsters to try and feed off the smiling guy monster but instead it
seems the blood and worms just ended up killing him.

>> Boyd has a better(?) idea and goes outside, calling out to the
>> monsters. He then cuts one of the monsters throats (the smiling guy)
>> and then places his hand on his throat with his cut hand and repeats
>> the phrase the chained guy said. Which apparently transfers the worms
>> into the monster who then apparently dies in front of the other
>> monsters. Who just look at the dead monster and then walk away.
>
>At least they now know the creatures can be killed.
>
>(And have they even much tried to kill them? I know they've tried to shoot
>them to no effect but have they tried anything else? Like decapitation or
>lighting them on fire?)

That's been one question I've had all along. Just what can the
creatures survive. I think with how long they've been trapped someone
would have tried to capture one of the creatures. I would guess they
would be forced to sleep during the day from what we've seen so they
would have all the time in the world to experiment with a captured
monster to see what if anything can kill them. Though if you chopped
off all the limbs it may not matter if the creature still lives if it
can't move (and I'm going to guess the limbs aren't Evil Dead type so
they won't move on their own.)