If little else, the brain is an educational toy. -- Tom Robbins

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
| |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
|  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|   +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
|   |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|   | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
|   +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4qfd1$g1u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187458&group=rec.arts.tv#187458

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 07:23:29 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 26 May 2023 14:23 UTC

Last semi-official day of "work" yesterday, and while I am making
progress on my grading, I'm not making it fast enough for my tastes! (I
want to be done so I can watch stuff!!)

Yesterday, I only got through:

soaps: GH - Tues' ep. Sonny and Nina get engaged. Carly is actually mad
at Olivia for not kicking Ned out of his own house! (for something he
didn't even do!!). I guess Chase and Brook Lynn are back together
(which is too bad as I don't like them together).
DOOL - Wed's ep. More Megan Hathaway/Dmitri nonsense. I really hope
they *don't* ever have Brady get back together with Kristen (in fact, I
rather hope he rubs her out!!). Xander has the terrible idea to hire
Chloe for the paper (Gwen is going to kill them!!).

Nightmare Pagent Moms (LMN) - This ended up being disappointing because
they actually didn't play it over-the-top and campy enough (like the
promos for it were). I did like how they exposed the mom/grandma as a
horrible person at the end, though.

What did you watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4qi4a$n6u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187460&group=rec.arts.tv#187460

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 08:10:03 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 26 May 2023 15:10 UTC

On 5/26/2023 7:23 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> What did you watch?

Stargate: SG-1 S5E12 'Wormhole X-Treme!'
"A strange ship is headed towards Earth, and the SGC suspects that
Martin Lloyd and his companions may have something to do with it.
O'Neill is sent to speak to Martin and is assigned as a military
consultant on Martin's new show, "Wormhole X-treme!", which uncannily
resembles SG-1 despite Martin once again losing his memory. His former
shipmates stall Carter and Daniel by throwing them off the trail and
into the hands of the NID."

Raymond 'Ray' Gunne: I'm Christian Bocher. I'm portraying the character
of Raymond Gunne, who portrays the character of Dr. Levant which is
based on the character, uh, Daniel Jackson, portrayed by the actor
Michael Shanks, originally portrayed by the actor James Spader in the
feature film.

Yolanda Reese: It says that I am out of phase, that I can pass my hand
through solid matter. That I can walk through walls?
Director: Yeah, yeah, that's right, because you're "out of phase."
Martin Lloyd: Um, exactly.
Yolanda Reese: So, how come I don't fall through the floor?
[Martin and the Director look at each other for a long moment]
Martin Lloyd: We're gonna have to get back to you on that one.

Martin Lloyd: Whoa-whoa-whoa. What is that?
Property Master: It's fruit. Scene 23.
Martin Lloyd: Scene 23 takes place on another planet, so you think
aliens eat apples?
Property Master: Why not? They speak English.

Producer: Look, I know it says he's weightless, but look what happens
when I scratch out the word "weightless". You see, he no longer becomes
weightless, he just "becomes."
Director: Okay. Fine. Good. But, eh, how else does Colonel Danning get
past the giant alien guard?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Why doesn't he just shoot him?
Producer: Who is this?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Colonel Jack O'Neill.
Martin Lloyd: He's the new Air Force technical advisor. He doesn't know
he's not supposed to say anything yet.
Producer: And you're telling me an Air Force officer can shoot a giant
alien without having to be weightless?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Sure. Why not?

At the end of the episode, there are several scenes in which the
"Wormhole Xtreme" cast and crew break the fourth wall, discussing the
fact that their show is a show within a show.

Trivia: Martin Lloyd remarks "The real money's in syndication." while he
and Jack are being rescued by Teal'c. It is generally known in the
television industry that you need at least 100 episodes for a show to be
considered seriously for syndication. This was the 100th episode of
Stargate SG-1 (1997).
Only about half of each show-within-a-show scene was scripted and many
of the parody elements were suggested by the cast and crew. The "behind
the scenes" part was entirely improvised.
Martin Lloyd yells at the props guy to get some kiwis and paint them
red, which is exactly what was done in a previous episode "Beneath the
Surface" where a character is shown eating kiwis painted red.
Nick Marlowe / Colonel Danning was played by Michael DeLuise - the
director's brother.
Director Cameo: Peter DeLuise appears as the Director of the fictional
Wormhole X-Treme!

The commentary that I don't feel like commentating on is by DeLuise, one
of the writers and Tichenor (AGAIN!). Its actually one of the more
entertaining commentaries, explaining a lot of the "inside" jokes and
crew cameos.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<395183529.706820511.189723.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187487&group=rec.arts.tv#187487

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 12:04:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 May 2023 19:04 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> [...]
> Stargate SG-1 (1997).
> Only about half of each show-within-a-show scene was scripted and many
> of the parody elements were suggested by the cast and crew. The "behind
> the scenes" part was entirely improvised.
> Martin Lloyd yells at the props guy to get some kiwis and paint them
> red, which is exactly what was done in a previous episode "Beneath the
> Surface" where a character is shown eating kiwis painted red.
> Nick Marlowe / Colonel Danning was played by Michael DeLuise - the
> director's brother.
> Director Cameo: Peter DeLuise appears as the Director of the fictional
> Wormhole X-Treme!
>
> The commentary that I don't feel like commentating on is by DeLuise, one
> of the writers and Tichenor (AGAIN!). Its actually one of the more
> entertaining commentaries, explaining a lot of the "inside" jokes and

This is probably my second favorite episode of STARGATE SG1SFE.

> What Did You Watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4rdcm$440c$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187519&group=rec.arts.tv#187519

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 15:55:21 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 26 May 2023 22:55 UTC

On 5/26/2023 12:04 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> [...]
>> of the parody elements were suggested by the cast and crew. The "behind
>> the scenes" part was entirely improvised.
>> Martin Lloyd yells at the props guy to get some kiwis and paint them
>> red, which is exactly what was done in a previous episode "Beneath the
>> Surface" where a character is shown eating kiwis painted red.
>> Nick Marlowe / Colonel Danning was played by Michael DeLuise - the
>> director's brother.
>> Director Cameo: Peter DeLuise appears as the Director of the fictional
>> Wormhole X-Treme!
>>
>> The commentary that I don't feel like commentating on is by DeLuise, one
>> of the writers and Tichenor (AGAIN!). Its actually one of the more
>> entertaining commentaries, explaining a lot of the "inside" jokes and
>> crew cameos.
>
> This is probably my second favorite episode of STARGATE SG1SFE.

I know I'm going to regret asking but what does SFE mean?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<775830272.706840120.040842.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187538&group=rec.arts.tv#187538

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 17:29:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 27 May 2023 00:29 UTC

> [...]
>>> the scenes" part was entirely improvised.
>>> Martin Lloyd yells at the props guy to get some kiwis and paint them
>>> red, which is exactly what was done in a previous episode "Beneath the
>>> Surface" where a character is shown eating kiwis painted red.
>>> Nick Marlowe / Colonel Danning was played by Michael DeLuise - the
>>> director's brother.
>>> Director Cameo: Peter DeLuise appears as the Director of the fictional
>>> Wormhole X-Treme!
>>>
>>> The commentary that I don't feel like commentating on is by DeLuise, one
>>> of the writers and Tichenor (AGAIN!). Its actually one of the more
>>> entertaining commentaries, explaining a lot of the "inside" jokes and
>>> crew cameos.
>>
>> This is probably my second favorite episode of STARGATE SG1SFE.
>>
> I know I'm going to regret asking but what does SFE mean?

The “SFE“ stands for: Second Favorite Episode!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4trjs$hl6m$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187713&group=rec.arts.tv#187713

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 14:10:21 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 27 May 2023 21:10 UTC

On 5/26/2023 12:04 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 5/26/2023 7:23 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S5E12 'Wormhole X-Treme!'
>> "A strange ship is headed towards Earth, and the SGC suspects that
>> Martin Lloyd and his companions may have something to do with it.
>> O'Neill is sent to speak to Martin and is assigned as a military
>> consultant on Martin's new show, "Wormhole X-treme!",

You know it's good because it has an "X" in the title!

which uncannily
>> resembles SG-1 despite Martin once again losing his memory. His former
>> shipmates stall Carter and Daniel by throwing them off the trail and
>> into the hands of the NID."
>>
>> Raymond 'Ray' Gunne: I'm Christian Bocher. I'm portraying the character
>> of Raymond Gunne, who portrays the character of Dr. Levant which is
>> based on the character, uh, Daniel Jackson, portrayed by the actor
>> Michael Shanks, originally portrayed by the actor James Spader in the
>> feature film.

:-)

>> Yolanda Reese: It says that I am out of phase, that I can pass my hand
>> through solid matter. That I can walk through walls?
>> Director: Yeah, yeah, that's right, because you're "out of phase."
>> Martin Lloyd: Um, exactly.
>> Yolanda Reese: So, how come I don't fall through the floor?
>> [Martin and the Director look at each other for a long moment]
>> Martin Lloyd: We're gonna have to get back to you on that one.
>>
>> Martin Lloyd: Whoa-whoa-whoa. What is that?
>> Property Master: It's fruit. Scene 23.
>> Martin Lloyd: Scene 23 takes place on another planet, so you think
>> aliens eat apples?
>> Property Master: Why not? They speak English.
>>
>> Producer: Look, I know it says he's weightless, but look what happens
>> when I scratch out the word "weightless". You see, he no longer becomes
>> weightless, he just "becomes."
>> Director: Okay. Fine. Good. But, eh, how else does Colonel Danning get
>> past the giant alien guard?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Why doesn't he just shoot him?
>> Producer: Who is this?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Colonel Jack O'Neill.
>> Martin Lloyd: He's the new Air Force technical advisor. He doesn't know
>> he's not supposed to say anything yet.
>> Producer: And you're telling me an Air Force officer can shoot a giant
>> alien without having to be weightless?
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Sure. Why not?
>>
>> At the end of the episode, there are several scenes in which the
>> "Wormhole Xtreme" cast and crew break the fourth wall, discussing the
>> fact that their show is a show within a show.
>>
>> Trivia: Martin Lloyd remarks "The real money's in syndication." while he
>> and Jack are being rescued by Teal'c. It is generally known in the
>> television industry that you need at least 100 episodes for a show to be
>> considered seriously for syndication. This was the 100th episode of
>> Stargate SG-1 (1997).
>> Only about half of each show-within-a-show scene was scripted and many
>> of the parody elements were suggested by the cast and crew. The "behind
>> the scenes" part was entirely improvised.
>> Martin Lloyd yells at the props guy to get some kiwis and paint them
>> red, which is exactly what was done in a previous episode "Beneath the
>> Surface" where a character is shown eating kiwis painted red.
>> Nick Marlowe / Colonel Danning was played by Michael DeLuise - the
>> director's brother.
>> Director Cameo: Peter DeLuise appears as the Director of the fictional
>> Wormhole X-Treme!

You mention Dagwood, but forget about Seaman Piccolo?

>> The commentary that I don't feel like commentating on is by DeLuise, one
>> of the writers and Tichenor (AGAIN!). Its actually one of the more
>> entertaining commentaries, explaining a lot of the "inside" jokes and
>> crew cameos.
>
> This is probably my second favorite episode of STARGATE SG1SFE.

Yeah, this was a great episode.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4tsrd$hti7$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187724&group=rec.arts.tv#187724

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 14:31:27 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 27 May 2023 21:31 UTC

On 5/27/2023 2:10 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 5/26/2023 12:04 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Stargate: SG-1 S5E12 'Wormhole X-Treme!'
>>> "A strange ship is headed towards Earth, and the SGC suspects that
>>> Martin Lloyd and his companions may have something to do with it.
>>> O'Neill is sent to speak to Martin and is assigned as a military
>>> consultant on Martin's new show, "Wormhole X-treme!",
>
> You know it's good because it has an "X" in the title!

There was a line by Martin about how shows with "X" in the title do
better. And this was filmed around the time X-Files was huge....

> [...]
>>> television industry that you need at least 100 episodes for a show to be
>>> considered seriously for syndication. This was the 100th episode of
>>> Stargate SG-1 (1997).
>>> Only about half of each show-within-a-show scene was scripted and many
>>> of the parody elements were suggested by the cast and crew. The "behind
>>> the scenes" part was entirely improvised.
>>> Martin Lloyd yells at the props guy to get some kiwis and paint them
>>> red, which is exactly what was done in a previous episode "Beneath the
>>> Surface" where a character is shown eating kiwis painted red.
>>> Nick Marlowe / Colonel Danning was played by Michael DeLuise - the
>>> director's brother.
>>> Director Cameo: Peter DeLuise appears as the Director of the fictional
>>> Wormhole X-Treme!
>>>

> You mention Dagwood, but forget about Seaman Piccolo?

*whoosh*?

>>> The commentary that I don't feel like commentating on is by DeLuise, one
>>> of the writers and Tichenor (AGAIN!).  Its actually one of the more
>>> entertaining commentaries, explaining a lot of the "inside" jokes and
>>> crew cameos.
>>
>> This is probably my second favorite episode of STARGATE SG1SFE.
>>

> Yeah, this was a great episode.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4u6jv$j2qr$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187739&group=rec.arts.tv#187739

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 17:18:08 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 28 May 2023 00:18 UTC

On 5/27/2023 2:31 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/27/2023 2:10 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>> You know it's good because it has an "X" in the title!
>>
> There was a line by Martin about how shows with "X" in the title do
> better.  And this was filmed around the time X-Files was huge....

>> :-)

>> You mention Dagwood, but forget about Seaman Piccolo?
>>
> *whoosh*?

30 and 37 seconds...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIeQRlovYSA

>>> This is probably my second favorite episode of STARGATE SG1SFE.
>>>

>> Yeah, this was a great episode.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4u8kh$j9cp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187740&group=rec.arts.tv#187740

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 17:52:36 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 28 May 2023 00:52 UTC

On 5/27/2023 5:18 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 5/27/2023 2:31 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> You know it's good because it has an "X" in the title!
>>>
>> There was a line by Martin about how shows with "X" in the title do
>> better.  And this was filmed around the time X-Files was huge....

>>> :-)

>>> You mention Dagwood, but forget about Seaman Piccolo?
>>>
>> *whoosh*?
>>

> 30 and 37 seconds...
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIeQRlovYSA

I mentioned both the DeLuises. Or are you referring to the guy who
wasn't in this episode but the Proving Ground episode?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<158208901.706931124.441413.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187741&group=rec.arts.tv#187741

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 18:48:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 28 May 2023 01:48 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 5/27/2023 2:10 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>> You know it's good because it has an "X" in the title!
>>
> There was a line by Martin about how shows with "X" in the title do
> better. And this was filmed around the time X-Files was huge....

>> :-)

>> You mention Dagwood, but forget about Seaman Piccolo?
>>
> *whoosh*?

I knew who he meant!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u4uc6u$nen5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187743&group=rec.arts.tv#187743

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 18:53:34 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 28 May 2023 01:53 UTC

On 5/27/2023 5:52 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 5/27/2023 5:18 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>>> There was a line by Martin about how shows with "X" in the title do
>>> better.  And this was filmed around the time X-Files was huge....

>>> *whoosh*?
>>>

>> 30 and 37 seconds...
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIeQRlovYSA
>>
> I mentioned both the DeLuises.  Or are you referring to the guy who
> wasn't in this episode but the Proving Ground episode?

You're right. I missed your mention of Michael. And I was looking for
it too.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<UBI20230525@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187972&group=rec.arts.tv#187972

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 30 May 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <u4qfd1$g1u$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:

> What did you watch?

With a partially functional motel TV remote, I watched:

YOUNG SHELDON:
Sheldon makes a database for school, someone (a comedy minister?) pressures
someone I don't know to remove DIRTY DANCING, DIE HARD, and other "racy"
movies from her video rental store. The actor playing Young Sheldon is waaay
too old for the role now and the censorship story conclusion was way to
predictable because of course, this is a Chuck Lore show.

GHOSTS:
The parents of Ted Macnamara's pantless ghost show up after his skull is
found in the pond. After discovering they're divorced, he convinces the
couple to do "a PARENT TRAP" to reunited his parents. Meanwhile, a redcoat
ghost we've never seen before "accidentally" lets slip that he had a
"liaison" with the redcoast ghost who is dating the minuteman ghost. Both
stories were too predictable and unfunny to watch, so I switched to...

THE PROOF IS OUT THERE:
A rerun I've recapped already with an obviously fake Bigfoot a man claims he
killed in TX. Here's a spoiler: he's been caught hoaxing Sasquatch before.

THE PROOF IS OUT THERE:
A rerun I've recapped already. A flock of birds falling from the sky.

what did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<137654969.707140859.833453.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187986&group=rec.arts.tv#187986

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 05:14:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 30 May 2023 12:14 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <u4qfd1$g1u$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> With a partially functional motel TV remote, I watched:
>
> YOUNG SHELDON:
> Sheldon makes a database for school, someone (a comedy minister?) pressures
> someone I don't know to remove DIRTY DANCING, DIE HARD, and other "racy"
> movies from her video rental store. The actor playing Young Sheldon is waaay
> too old for the role now and the censorship story conclusion was way to
> predictable because of course, this is a Chuck Lore show.
>
> GHOSTS:
> The parents of Ted Macnamara's pantless ghost show up after his skull is
> found in the pond. After discovering they're divorced, he convinces the
> couple to do "a PARENT TRAP" to reunited his parents. Meanwhile, a redcoat
> ghost we've never seen before "accidentally" lets slip that he had a
> "liaison" with the redcoast ghost who is dating the minuteman ghost. Both
> stories were too predictable and unfunny to watch, so I switched to...

I was going to ask when you started watching that show …

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u57caq$2cm3s$11@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188153&group=rec.arts.tv#188153

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 04:30:52 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 31 May 2023 08:30 UTC

In article <u4tsrd$hti7$2@dont-email.me>, dtravel@sonic.net wrote:
> On 5/27/2023 2:10 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>> You know it's good because it has an "X" in the title!
>>
>There was a line by Martin about how shows with "X" in the title do
>better. And this was filmed around the time X-Files was huge....

If memory serves, "extreme!" was being used excessively at the time.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-25 (Thursday)

<u57cie$2cm3s$12@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188154&group=rec.arts.tv#188154

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 04:30:52 -0400

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> With a partially functional motel TV remote, I watched:
>>
>> YOUNG SHELDON:
>> Sheldon makes a database for school, someone (a comedy minister?) pressures
>> someone I don't know to remove DIRTY DANCING, DIE HARD, and other "racy"
>> movies from her video rental store. The actor playing Young Sheldon is
>> waaay too old for the role now and the censorship story conclusion was way
>> to predictable because of course, this is a Chuck Lore show.
>>
>> GHOSTS:
>> The parents of Ted Macnamara's pantless ghost show up after his skull is
>> found in the pond. After discovering they're divorced, he convinces the
>> couple to do "a PARENT TRAP" to reunited his parents. Meanwhile, a redcoat
>> ghost we've never seen before "accidentally" lets slip that he had a
>> "liaison" with the redcoast ghost who is dating the minuteman ghost. Both
>> stories were too predictable and unfunny to watch, so I switched to...
>
> I was going to ask when you started watching that show …

It's not by choice. The LaQuinta I normally stay at when visiting the folks
has seen better days. In addition to having partially-functional remotes,
there are only a couple dozen stations to choose from.

--
Let's go Brandon!