Last guys don't finish nice. -- Stanley Kelley, on the cult of victory at all costs

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
   `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<UBI20230530@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188143&group=rec.arts.tv#188143

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 31 May 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

"When Abby Met Gabby". Neil�s crush on Abby is making things uncomfortable
for everyone, but Abby sees a way out when she meets an unrequited love from
his past who just happens to be newly available. Meanwhile, Gurgs fails to
protect Dan from an unruly member of the gallery and vows never to let him
down again. I'm losing interest in this show. I am beyond tired of the Neil
storyline and them telegraphing Abby and Rand's relationship, this time via
Gabby.

FRINGE:
"There's More Than One of Everything". David Robert Jones comes out of hiding
following an attempt on Nina Sharp's life while Walter leaves accompanied by
the mysterious Observer. Wow. Now things are coming into focus! I was quite
surpirsed by the ending, a slow pull back revealing Jvyyvnz Oryy (cynlrq ol
Yrbaneq Avzbl) naq Byvivn vafvqr gur Fbhgu Gbjre bs gur Jbeyq Genqr pragre!

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<u57pjh$2ehom$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188169&group=rec.arts.tv#188169

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 08:37:21 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 31 May 2023 15:37 UTC

On 2023-05-31 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Yesterday, ran some errands, and had to start working up final grades
for sumbission, so I didn't get through much...:

soaps: DOOL - Mon's ep. At first, Sloan and Nicole fail to get a DNA
sample from Eric (by tricking him), but later Sloan claims she got a
sample from a sleeping Eric - I wonder if Sloan is lying, and she got a
phony sample so it will show that Eric is not the father... Leo/Lady
Whistleblower gives Johnny and Wendy a hard time on their "date". More
DiMera family nonsense.
GH - Tues' ep. They do Victor's will reading, which was basically
anticlimactic, though I wonder if Victor willed something to Spencer to
egg him on to kill Esme or something... I guess Nina starts spreading
seeds of doubt about Carly's and NuDrew's "solidarity" to Olivia.
Robert Scorpio frostily informs Diane that Holly has left town and he
and Holly are done. Trina's paternity results are in.

Recorded for later: Gotham Knights: GK!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<u5869a$2fq50$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188193&group=rec.arts.tv#188193

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 12:13:48 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 31 May 2023 19:13 UTC

What Did You Watch? May 30 2023 (Tuesday)

Stargate: SG-1 S5E19 'Menace'
"On an alien planet, SG-1 discovers an inactive android is the only
survivor of the destruction of her civilization. They bring her back to
the SGC for study and manage to reactivate her. Things take a turn for
the worse when she "makes" a replicator bug for Daniel."

SG-3 Leader: Colonel, you said to look for anything uncharacteristic of
the indigenous technology.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: *I* would never say anything like that, Major.

General Hammond: Doctor Jackson, what have you learned?
Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, actually not much, sir. She's kind of hard to
pin down in a conversation, her attention wanders, its like she has the
mind of a child.
[Jackson, Hammon, Carter and Teal'c all look at O'Neill who's been
playing with a magnifier during the conversation]
Colonel Jack O'Neill: What?

Major Samantha Carter: Maybe she has some sort of programming that
prevents her from acknowledging she's anything but human.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Robot denial?
Dr. Daniel Jackson: Looks that way.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Has it occurred to anyone that this thing may have
been laying around that planet for quite some time and that maybe it's
broken? Or perhaps it never worked right in the first place.
Major Samantha Carter: So you think we should just shut her down?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Oh, I don't know. Let's ask the man who just had
his head cracked open.
Dr. Daniel Jackson: I don't think she meant to hurt me, I just don't
think she liked what I was saying.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: I don't like most of what you say but I try to
resist the urge to shove you through a wall.

Trivia: The story for this episode is one out of the only two in the
series written by visual-effects producer James Tichenor.
(Tichenor!!!!!!)
The actor who plays the android, Reese, mother of all Replicators, is
Danielle Nicolet. People here might better know her as .... Cecile
Horton from 'The Flash'! *dun dun daaaahhh* But Anim will be happy to
hear that O'Neill shot her. But after this episode the cast and crew
referred to the blocks that make up the Replicaters as "Reese's Pieces".
According to S5 commentary during production of scenes used for opening
of the archaeological tomb, several members of cast had just seen the
tragic incident at the World Trade Center on September 11th 2001, over
international news coverage, which affected cast focus, especially those
who knew people in New York during the attack. Christopher Judge
(Teal'c) was one of the worst hit emotionally.

Commentary: Martin Wood, director, and James Tichenor, writer and FX
producer. The discussion is mostly about how the story was made, the
characters fine-tuned and psychological "tricks" in how you film things.

---------------------

Stargate: SG-1 S5E20 'The Sentinel'
"The Goa'uld have delivered an ultimatum to the people P2A-018. Up to
now, the planet benefited from an automated self-defense device that
protected them from Goa'uld attack. For some reason the device is no
longer functioning and SGC suspects it's due to something Col.
Maybourn's rogue NID team may have tampered with during their visit
there. Col. Sean Grieves and Lt. Kershaw are on death row for treason as
a result of that visit and get the offer of commuted sentences if they
accompany SG-1 to the planet and try to fix whatever it was they did."

Colonel Sean Grieves: I'll say it again, I don't like the idea of going
into this unarmed.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: And... I don't care.
Lieutenant Kershaw: I feel better just knowing there's an archaeologist
watching our backs.
Dr. Daniel Jackson: [holds up a knife] Yeah, which end do the bullets go
in again?
Colonel Sean Grieves: I'd be happy to show you.

Trivia: Another of the trainees from 'Proving Ground' appears in this
episode. This time its Lt. Grogan who O'Neill thought had a great
future as a target. His first lines in the episode are over the radio
as he's getting shot at by Jaffa. But he does survive this episode.

Commentary: Peter Deluise, director, Gary Jones, "Walter" (or is it
"Norman"?). A lot of talk about what his character's name actually is
and how the production wouldn't even buy pants for his character. Gary
Jones took an eight week course in "Reaching" in preparation for his
role. They beat this horse into a smear in the mud. This commentary
goes WAY off into the weeds....

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<1253121711.707261104.255058.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188208&group=rec.arts.tv#188208

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 15:25:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 31 May 2023 22:25 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-31 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Yesterday, ran some errands, and had to start working up final grades
> for sumbission, so I didn't get through much...:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Mon's ep. At first, Sloan and Nicole fail to get a DNA
> sample from Eric (by tricking him), but later Sloan claims she got a
> sample from a sleeping Eric - I wonder if Sloan is lying, and she got a
> phony sample so it will show that Eric is not the father... Leo/Lady
> Whistleblower gives Johnny and Wendy a hard time on their "date". More
> DiMera family nonsense.
> GH - Tues' ep. They do Victor's will reading, which was basically
> anticlimactic, though I wonder if Victor willed something to Spencer to
> egg him on to kill Esme or something... I guess Nina starts spreading
> seeds of doubt about Carly's and NuDrew's "solidarity" to Olivia.
> Robert Scorpio frostily informs Diane that Holly has left town and he
> and Holly are done. Trina's paternity results are in.
>
> Recorded for later: Gotham Knights: GK!!

Removing the C dub did not, of course kill future scheduled recordings of
the GK. I watched some of it and pushed the delete and never record again
button.

The GK must die.

That said there was some Duella stuff you might like and there’s some
blonde on it next week.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<844470648.707261571.436112.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188209&group=rec.arts.tv#188209

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 15:25:08 -0700

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> What Did You Watch? May 30 2023 (Tuesday)
>
> Stargate: SG-1 S5E19 'Menace'
> "On an alien planet, SG-1 discovers an inactive android is the only
> survivor of the destruction of her civilization. They bring her back to
> the SGC for study and manage to reactivate her. Things take a turn for
> the worse when she "makes" a replicator bug for Daniel."
>
> SG-3 Leader: Colonel, you said to look for anything uncharacteristic of
> the indigenous technology.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: *I* would never say anything like that, Major.
>
> General Hammond: Doctor Jackson, what have you learned?
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, actually not much, sir. She's kind of hard to
> pin down in a conversation, her attention wanders, its like she has the
> mind of a child.
> [Jackson, Hammon, Carter and Teal'c all look at O'Neill who's been
> playing with a magnifier during the conversation]
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: What?
>
> Major Samantha Carter: Maybe she has some sort of programming that
> prevents her from acknowledging she's anything but human.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Robot denial?
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: Looks that way.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Has it occurred to anyone that this thing may have
> been laying around that planet for quite some time and that maybe it's
> broken? Or perhaps it never worked right in the first place.
> Major Samantha Carter: So you think we should just shut her down?
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Oh, I don't know. Let's ask the man who just had
> his head cracked open.
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: I don't think she meant to hurt me, I just don't
> think she liked what I was saying.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I don't like most of what you say but I try to
> resist the urge to shove you through a wall.
>
> Trivia: The story for this episode is one out of the only two in the
> series written by visual-effects producer James Tichenor.
> (Tichenor!!!!!!)
> The actor who plays the android, Reese, mother of all Replicators, is
> Danielle Nicolet. People here might better know her as .... Cecile
> Horton from 'The Flash'! *dun dun daaaahhh* But Anim will be happy to
> hear that O'Neill shot her.

I was going to reply about her earlier, but I see you finally got to her.
She seems to have not aged in, the 20+ years since they made this. I and
you can barely tell her from the much younger, but usually naked actress,
who plays her daughter. My sweet Osiris is also on black sails and rumor
has it was naked as well but I’ve never seen those episodes and black sails
doesn’t seem to be free anymore.
I do wonder if those actresses wear Merkins.
But maybe not since it’s in Canadia.

I think of this episode whenever I watch an episode about Pegasus, galaxy
replicators on Stargate Atlantis, SGAPGR. And this origin of the
replicators seems to be unreconcilable with those accounts.

And yes, I still have the flash finale on the DVR waiting to savage Lee
snark it, but I’m not sure that anyone cares anymore, least of all me.

But after this episode the cast and crew
> referred to the blocks that make up the Replicaters as "Reese's Pieces".
> According to S5 commentary during production of scenes used for opening
> of the archaeological tomb, several members of cast had just seen the
> tragic incident at the World Trade Center on September 11th 2001, over
> international news coverage, which affected cast focus, especially those
> who knew people in New York during the attack. Christopher Judge
> (Teal'c) was one of the worst hit emotionally.
>
> Commentary: Martin Wood, director, and James Tichenor, writer and FX
> producer. The discussion is mostly about how the story was made, the
> characters fine-tuned and psychological "tricks" in how you film things.
>
> ---------------------
>
> Stargate: SG-1 S5E20 'The Sentinel'
> "The Goa'uld have delivered an ultimatum to the people P2A-018. Up to
> now, the planet benefited from an automated self-defense device that
> protected them from Goa'uld attack. For some reason the device is no
> longer functioning and SGC suspects it's due to something Col.
> Maybourn's rogue NID team may have tampered with during their visit
> there. Col. Sean Grieves and Lt. Kershaw are on death row for treason as
> a result of that visit and get the offer of commuted sentences if they
> accompany SG-1 to the planet and try to fix whatever it was they did."

No mention of the lovely Christina Cox, getting to play a human this time?

> Colonel Sean Grieves: I'll say it again, I don't like the idea of going
> into this unarmed.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: And... I don't care.
> Lieutenant Kershaw: I feel better just knowing there's an archaeologist
> watching our backs.
> Dr. Daniel Jackson: [holds up a knife] Yeah, which end do the bullets go
> in again?
> Colonel Sean Grieves: I'd be happy to show you.
>
> Trivia: Another of the trainees from 'Proving Ground' appears in this
> episode. This time its Lt. Grogan who O'Neill thought had a great
> future as a target. His first lines in the episode are over the radio
> as he's getting shot at by Jaffa. But he does survive this episode.
>
> Commentary: Peter Deluise, director, Gary Jones, "Walter" (or is it
> "Norman"?). A lot of talk about what his character's name actually is
> and how the production wouldn't even buy pants for his character. Gary
> Jones took an eight week course in "Reaching" in preparation for his
> role. They beat this horse into a smear in the mud. This commentary
> goes WAY off into the weeds....

Where they are likely still whacking.

> What Did You Watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<u58ju4$2hc8u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188220&group=rec.arts.tv#188220

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 16:06:46 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 31 May 2023 23:06 UTC

On 5/31/2023 3:25 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> [...]
>> producer. The discussion is mostly about how the story was made, the
>> characters fine-tuned and psychological "tricks" in how you film things.
>>
>> ---------------------
>>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S5E20 'The Sentinel'
>> "The Goa'uld have delivered an ultimatum to the people P2A-018. Up to
>> now, the planet benefited from an automated self-defense device that
>> protected them from Goa'uld attack. For some reason the device is no
>> longer functioning and SGC suspects it's due to something Col.
>> Maybourn's rogue NID team may have tampered with during their visit
>> there. Col. Sean Grieves and Lt. Kershaw are on death row for treason as
>> a result of that visit and get the offer of commuted sentences if they
>> accompany SG-1 to the planet and try to fix whatever it was they did."
>>

> No mention of the lovely Christina Cox, getting to play a human this time?

"Lt. Kershaw".

>> Colonel Sean Grieves: I'll say it again, I don't like the idea of going
>> into this unarmed.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: And... I don't care.
>> Lieutenant Kershaw: I feel better just knowing there's an archaeologist
>> watching our backs.
>> Dr. Daniel Jackson: [holds up a knife] Yeah, which end do the bullets go
>> in again?
>> Colonel Sean Grieves: I'd be happy to show you.
>>
>> Trivia: Another of the trainees from 'Proving Ground' appears in this
>> episode. This time its Lt. Grogan who O'Neill thought had a great
>> future as a target. His first lines in the episode are over the radio
>> as he's getting shot at by Jaffa. But he does survive this episode.
>>
>> Commentary: Peter Deluise, director, Gary Jones, "Walter" (or is it
>> "Norman"?). A lot of talk about what his character's name actually is
>> and how the production wouldn't even buy pants for his character. Gary
>> Jones took an eight week course in "Reaching" in preparation for his
>> role. They beat this horse into a smear in the mud. This commentary
>> goes WAY off into the weeds....
>
> Where they are likely still whacking.

DeLuise at least will be in the next commentary he does.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<u58rmo$2i4s7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188234&group=rec.arts.tv#188234

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 18:19:20 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 01:19 UTC

On 2023-05-31 22:25:07 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-05-31 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Yesterday, ran some errands, and had to start working up final grades
>> for sumbission, so I didn't get through much...:
>>
>> Recorded for later: Gotham Knights: GK!!
>
> Removing the C dub did not, of course kill future scheduled recordings of
> the GK. I watched some of it and pushed the delete and never record again
> button.
>
> The GK must die.
>
> That said there was some Duella stuff you might like and there’s some
> blonde on it next week.

OMG!! Duela's Mom is going to be played by...

LINDY BOOTH!!

:) :) :)

Looking forward to the next episode now!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-05-30 (Tuesday)

<1108417827.707280747.391413.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188243&group=rec.arts.tv#188243

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 19:53:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:53 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-31 22:25:07 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Yesterday, ran some errands, and had to start working up final grades
>>> for sumbission, so I didn't get through much...:
>>>
>>> Recorded for later: Gotham Knights: GK!!
>>
>> Removing the C dub did not, of course kill future scheduled recordings of
>> the GK. I watched some of it and pushed the delete and never record again
>> button.
>>
>> The GK must die.
>>
>> That said there was some Duella stuff you might like and there’s some
>> blonde on it next week.
>
> OMG!! Duela's Mom is going to be played by...
>
> LINDY BOOTH!!
>
> :) :) :)
>
> Looking forward to the next episode now!

The CW must die