It seems intuitively obvious to me, which means that it might be wrong. -- Chris Torek

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

SubjectAuthor
* GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023Ian J. Ball
+* Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023shawn
|+* Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023Ian J. Ball
||+- Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023shawn
||`- Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023anim8rfsk
|+- Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023anim8rfsk
|`* Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023shawn
+- Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023shawn
`* Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023anim8rfsk
 `* Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023Ian J. Ball
  `- Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023anim8rfsk

1
GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<u58v3q$2m408$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188236&group=rec.arts.tv#188236

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:17 UTC

On the latest exciting episode of "Gotham Knights: GK!" (the "GK"
stands for the "Knights of Gotham"! otherwise known as the "Gotham
Knights"!!)...

Sidenote! This episode was directed by "SHIELD"'s Elizabeth Henstridge!!

Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Poison Pill" (ep. #10).

This episode was actually mostly good, I thought.

Sure, there are bad parts. Starting with: 1) Turner is now
radiation-poisoned, even though no one thought to check the Electrum
for that in the episode before. 2) They get the radiation poisoning
stuff all wrong, act like it's a big deal, and then seem to forget
about it (that's not how Potassium Iodide works!!), and also ignore
that they should have all been radiation poisoned in the previous
episode!!

In the "not so dumb" department, Lincoln March and the Owls figure out
that they can track Turner's location based on his radioactivity. (But
would he really be radioactive enough to be detectable from much of a
distance?!)

In the dumb and "disappointing denouement" department, Turner reveals
that the Owls posited that Batman killed Turner's parents, and Carrie
confesses that she knew that, and that is what was in the pages from
Bruce's diary that Carrie stole. (Really?! That's *it*!?! That's all
that was in the pages she stole?!! SNOOZE!!) In a righteous huff,
Turner kicks Carrie out.

Anyway, the Knights realize that Turner is toast sooner rather than
later, and that he needs a blood transfusion to survive, STAT!

In the really disappointing and predicable department, Turner plants
one on Stephanie, who admits that she feels nothing, and also that
feels nothing for Brody. So we are fully commited to the "lesbian
train" on this one clearly.

Meanwhile, Harvey's "alter-Harvey" records a message telling Harvey
exactly how he can have a "tete-a-tete" with "alter-Harvey". This
happens, and we finally gets some answers: 1) "alter-Harvey" is
Harvey's split-personality from the childhood abuse. 2) Alter-Harvey
didn't kill any of those people like the mayor or Cressida - he/Harvey
is being set up by the Owls. 3) The Owls (somehow?!?) figured out how
to "trigger" alter-Harvey (it's notes from a song). 4) Alter-Harvey
killed their nasty father. 5) Alter-Harvey wants to take over so he can
take out the Owls himself!! Harvey says, "Thanks! But no thanks!!"

Stephanie makes contact with Brody March who has discovered that his
dad is an Owl, and that he murdered Cressida. Stephanie explains to
Brody what they Owls are. Brody wants to retrieve his mom (Lauren
Stamile), and get the Hell out of Gotham! In a shock to nobody, it
turns out that Mommy is even more EVOL!!1! that Daddy Lincoln, and she
coldly stabs Brody to death for inconveniently knowing too much!!
(Sidenote: I don't think EVOL Mommy got the recording of Lincoln
killing Cressida - I think that was still in Brody's hiding spot when
he was killed...) EVOL Mommy puts Stephanie off the trail (though she
now knows that Stephanie knows about the Owls, so I'm guessing a
face-off with Quizmaster is coming!!), and has Lincoln (who appears to
be *her* underling!) clean up the mess.

The GK's almost get busted by the cops and Haz-Mat team sent by the
Owls, but Stephanie gives them a ruse to throw them off. The other
GK's, including Carrie (I though Turner told her to scram!!) get Turner
to the hosptial, and Carrie convinces Doctor Mommy to treat him -
Turner is saved!

Turner and the GK's are back in the school's belrey, which is once
again safe thanks to Stephanie's ruse, and Turner is feeling all mopey,
when Duela shows up, and decides to pick up where Turner tried to leave
off with Stephanie! (Will there be nookie?!!) These two, and Harvey,
seem to be the only straight people on the show.

Meanwhile, it looks like Lincoln somehow "revived" Brody (disappointed
that they didn't have the balls to kill him off!), but I'm wondering if
Brody is a "zombie" now - he'll probably become the new Talon or
something.

Outside of the Brody developments, I found this episode to be mostly good...

Next episode: Duela's Mommy shows up... and it's Lindy Booth! (Spoilers
hint at Mommy telling Duela a "shocking revelation" - Could it be that
Joker isn't her Daddy?!)

It is unclear to me whether this season is 12 episodes, or 13. The
Futon Critic seems to be saying it's 13 episodes - if so, we have 3
more epies to go!) before the show ends on June 27.

And The All New! NEW!! CW will have to make a decision on cancelling or
renewing this show right around that same date...

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<qg0g7ih0rvhreilfvfklk11n5edmise3b1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188238&group=rec.arts.tv#188238

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 22:32:46 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:32 UTC

On Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

I already put the work into this so I'm posting this to Ian's thread.
I'll comment separately on what he had to say about the episode.

Where we find that merely holding a magic rock near someone will make
them radioactive as Turner is highly radioactive.Now they claim that
it's because it came in contact with Turner's blood that he is
radioactive but there are problems with that. First, we didn't see the
Electrum come into contact with Turner's blood. Robin basically held
it near his neck and the cut healed. The second bit is that we have to
believe that Electrum in the blood is highly radioactive but isn't
outside the body or that somehow having the Electrum in the body makes
it more dangerous than outside not only to the person with it inside
them but also to anyone around them. Like I said, it's a magical
substance that breaks all the rules of physics.. That or writer #2 is
at work and just knows that radioactivity is a thing and it's
dangerous. The rest writer #2 is just making up on the fly because
looking up anything is too much work.

Oh and I guess the head of the Court of Owls also knows about the
radioactivity and plans to use it to track down those bratty kids.
Not like they are masters of disguise or have multiple places to hide.
Nope they just have the clock tower when Smallville doesn't need it
but the bad guys can't find them.

Now we get into Robin hiding the truth of Turner's parents death.
Though even that isn't the actual truth. It's just that Bruce felt
responsible for their death. Which could easily be because someone
Batman didn't capture ended killing Turner's parents. We also get our
dose of drama between the various GKs.

LOL, now they want to give Turner a blood transfusion to lower the
amount of Electrum in his blood. Meanwhile Brody explains finding the
mask and a video tape of his dad killing Cressida. Blondie (no, not
Clint Eastwood) then tells Brody the truth about his dad and the Court
of Owls, but we cut away so we don't get to see the excellent acting
that inevitably followed this reveal.

Duella is shown as caring about Turner by bringing him his favorite
meal. Harvey is shown talking to his other Harvey persona. The other
persona is the protector version of Harvey, at least according to Two
Face. Two Face confirms that the court figured out that a few keys on
the piano can bring him out.

Whee, the GCPD shows up to the Clock Tower with people in hazmat suits
and radiation detectors. Oh, no, what will our knights do? Hide! They
take Turner into the tunnels which hides them from the detectors and
the detectives. Though how does anyone explain knowing that Turner is
now radioactive. Oh that's right, everyone in Gotham is on the take to
the Court of Owls so no explanations needed.

Also why are the cops without any protective suit walking right behind
the guys in the protective suits? Anyone think this makes sense? And
apparently Turner is sweating radioactive sweat or something because
even though Turner has moved into the tunnels the Geiger counters are
still going crazy at the Clock Tower. The cops find Blondie (again not
Clint Eastwood) enjoying a hookah and they don't wonder where the
radiation was coming from that they just detected. So the GK manage to
get Turner through the tunnels and into the hospital but the magic
detectors can't pick up Turner at the hospital? Um.. okay..

Meanwhile Brody is explaining to his mom that his dad is a murderer
and they have to leave town. Little does he know that she already
knows, but he will find out soon. Oh boy, we have Harvey 2 trying to
kill Harvey while Turner appears to be dying before the transfusion
can happen. Brody finds out that his mother is just as much of a
killer when she stabs him. Brody lets his mom know about Stephanie so
now she's on the list of people for the Court to look into. And
judging by the end it looks like Brody may have been exposed to the
Electrum and so is going to be alive again next episode. Wonder how
he's going to feel about dear old mum?

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<tq0g7idhif0vdsgejb6fb5fdl967e2mfc2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188239&group=rec.arts.tv#188239

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 22:38:54 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:38 UTC

wrote:

>On the latest exciting episode of "Gotham Knights: GK!" (the "GK"
>stands for the "Knights of Gotham"! otherwise known as the "Gotham
>Knights"!!)...
>
>Sidenote! This episode was directed by "SHIELD"'s Elizabeth Henstridge!!
>

>Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Poison Pill" (ep. #10).
>
>This episode was actually mostly good, I thought.
>
>Sure, there are bad parts. Starting with: 1) Turner is now
>radiation-poisoned, even though no one thought to check the Electrum
>for that in the episode before. 2) They get the radiation poisoning
>stuff all wrong, act like it's a big deal, and then seem to forget
>about it (that's not how Potassium Iodide works!!), and also ignore
>that they should have all been radiation poisoned in the previous
>episode!!

It's an unknown element with magical properties. ;)

>In the "not so dumb" department, Lincoln March and the Owls figure out
>that they can track Turner's location based on his radioactivity. (But
>would he really be radioactive enough to be detectable from much of a
>distance?!)

In their world, sure.. but only till they get to the Clock Tower and
then his radiation magically drops to a point they can't detect even
when he's in the hospital. Oh, and even though he's so radioactive
that he can be detected from miles away the GKs are fine having been
around him for days. Not one sign of radiation poisoning.

>In the dumb and "disappointing denouement" department, Turner reveals
>that the Owls posited that Batman killed Turner's parents, and Carrie
>confesses that she knew that, and that is what was in the pages from
>Bruce's diary that Carrie stole. (Really?! That's *it*!?! That's all
>that was in the pages she stole?!! SNOOZE!!) In a righteous huff,
>Turner kicks Carrie out.
>
>Anyway, the Knights realize that Turner is toast sooner rather than
>later, and that he needs a blood transfusion to survive, STAT!
>
>In the really disappointing and predicable department, Turner plants
>one on Stephanie, who admits that she feels nothing, and also that
>feels nothing for Brody. So we are fully commited to the "lesbian
>train" on this one clearly.

Leaving room for the Duella-Turner train to go full steam ahead.

>Meanwhile, Harvey's "alter-Harvey" records a message telling Harvey
>exactly how he can have a "tete-a-tete" with "alter-Harvey". This
>happens, and we finally gets some answers: 1) "alter-Harvey" is
>Harvey's split-personality from the childhood abuse. 2) Alter-Harvey
>didn't kill any of those people like the mayor or Cressida - he/Harvey
>is being set up by the Owls. 3) The Owls (somehow?!?) figured out how
>to "trigger" alter-Harvey (it's notes from a song). 4) Alter-Harvey
>killed their nasty father. 5) Alter-Harvey wants to take over so he can
>take out the Owls himself!! Harvey says, "Thanks! But no thanks!!"
>
>Stephanie makes contact with Brody March who has discovered that his
>dad is an Owl, and that he murdered Cressida. Stephanie explains to
>Brody what they Owls are. Brody wants to retrieve his mom (Lauren
>Stamile), and get the Hell out of Gotham! In a shock to nobody, it
>turns out that Mommy is even more EVOL!!1! that Daddy Lincoln, and she
>coldly stabs Brody to death for inconveniently knowing too much!!
>(Sidenote: I don't think EVOL Mommy got the recording of Lincoln
>killing Cressida - I think that was still in Brody's hiding spot when
>he was killed...) EVOL Mommy puts Stephanie off the trail (though she
>now knows that Stephanie knows about the Owls, so I'm guessing a
>face-off with Quizmaster is coming!!), and has Lincoln (who appears to
>be *her* underling!) clean up the mess.

I think you are right about the evidence but Stephanie wouldn't know
that. Though if I'm right about that ending sequence being Brody
brought back to life there's still a chance that the GKs get the
evidence. Or Brody goes all evil after being brought back to life by
his dad after his mom killed him. They have a complicated
relationship.

>The GK's almost get busted by the cops and Haz-Mat team sent by the
>Owls, but Stephanie gives them a ruse to throw them off. The other
>GK's, including Carrie (I though Turner told her to scram!!) get Turner
>to the hosptial, and Carrie convinces Doctor Mommy to treat him -
>Turner is saved!
>
>Turner and the GK's are back in the school's belrey, which is once
>again safe thanks to Stephanie's ruse, and Turner is feeling all mopey,
>when Duela shows up, and decides to pick up where Turner tried to leave
>off with Stephanie! (Will there be nookie?!!) These two, and Harvey,
>seem to be the only straight people on the show.
>
>Meanwhile, it looks like Lincoln somehow "revived" Brody (disappointed
>that they didn't have the balls to kill him off!), but I'm wondering if
>Brody is a "zombie" now - he'll probably become the new Talon or
>something.
>
>Outside of the Brody developments, I found this episode to be mostly good...
>

>Next episode: Duela's Mommy shows up... and it's Lindy Booth! (Spoilers
>hint at Mommy telling Duela a "shocking revelation" - Could it be that
>Joker isn't her Daddy?!)
>
>It is unclear to me whether this season is 12 episodes, or 13. The
>Futon Critic seems to be saying it's 13 episodes - if so, we have 3
>more epies to go!) before the show ends on June 27.
>
>And The All New! NEW!! CW will have to make a decision on cancelling or
>renewing this show right around that same date...

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<1158692853.707279703.797699.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188240&group=rec.arts.tv#188240

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 19:53:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:53 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On the latest exciting episode of "Gotham Knights: GK!" (the "GK"
> stands for the "Knights of Gotham"! otherwise known as the "Gotham
> Knights"!!)...
>
> Sidenote! This episode was directed by "SHIELD"'s Elizabeth Henstridge!!

Shame on her.

> Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Poison Pill" (ep. #10).
>
> This episode was actually mostly good, I thought.

It’s not like you have a track record of being wrong or anything.

> Sure, there are bad parts. Starting with:

With the beginning and ending with the ending

1) Turner is now
> radiation-poisoned, even though no one thought to check the Electrum
> for that in the episode before. 2) They get the radiation poisoning
> stuff all wrong, act like it's a big deal, and then seem to forget
> about it (that's not how Potassium Iodide works!!), and also ignore
> that they should have all been radiation poisoned in the previous
> episode!!

I spent this whole section staring with my mouth open.

They didn’t get radiation poisoning because you only get radiation
poisoning if the rock comes into direct contact with your blood.

While it did come into direct contact with Turner’s blood, that blood was
already conveniently outside of his body and it’s not like they put it back
in.

> In the "not so dumb" department, Lincoln March and the Owls figure out
> that they can track Turner's location based on his radioactivity. (But
> would he really be radioactive enough to be detectable from much of a
> distance?!)

From miles away not to mention hundreds of feet in the air. How the hell is
this kid not glowing?

And why couldn’t they find the space rock this way to start with?

And why can’t they find the space rock this way again?

> In the dumb and "disappointing denouement" department, Turner reveals
> that the Owls posited that Batman killed Turner's parents, and Carrie
> confesses that she knew that, and that is what was in the pages from
> Bruce's diary that Carrie stole. (Really?! That's *it*!?! That's all
> that was in the pages she stole?!! SNOOZE!!) In a righteous huff,
> Turner kicks Carrie out.

Must want to die alone.

> Anyway, the Knights realize that Turner is toast sooner rather than
> later, and that he needs a blood transfusion to survive, STAT!

And they find myself thinking I bet they’re going to get this every bit as
wrong as that idiot Bigelow did in near dark.

> In the really disappointing and predicable department, Turner plants
> one on Stephanie, who admits that she feels nothing, and also that
> feels nothing for Brody. So we are fully commited to the "lesbian
> train" on this one clearly.

Will she smooch the brother who has had top surgery? Certainly he doesn’t
count as male.

> Meanwhile, Harvey's "alter-Harvey" records a message telling Harvey
> exactly how he can have a "tete-a-tete" with "alter-Harvey". This
> happens, and we finally gets some answers: 1) "alter-Harvey" is
> Harvey's split-personality from the childhood abuse. 2) Alter-Harvey
> didn't kill any of those people like the mayor or Cressida - he/Harvey
> is being set up by the Owls. 3) The Owls (somehow?!?) figured out how
> to "trigger" alter-Harvey (it's notes from a song). 4) Alter-Harvey
> killed their nasty father. 5) Alter-Harvey wants to take over so he can
> take out the Owls himself!! Harvey says, "Thanks! But no thanks!!"

Basically, they have made up a completely new and completely uninteresting
Harvey two face

> Stephanie makes contact with Brody March who has discovered that his
> dad is an Owl,

*The* owl

> and that he murdered Cressida.

But it’s obvious turner did it because jogging

Stephanie explains to
> Brody what they Owls are.

Because this doofus is the only person in all of Gotham city, that doesn’t
already know all about the top-secret owls, and as his mother sing him to
sleep to their songs.

Brody wants to retrieve his mom (Lauren
> Stamile), and get the Hell out of Gotham! In a shock to nobody, it
> turns out that Mommy is even more EVOL!!1! that Daddy Lincoln, and she
> coldly stabs Brody to death for inconveniently knowing too much!!
> (Sidenote: I don't think EVOL Mommy got the recording of Lincoln
> killing Cressida - I think that was still in Brody's hiding spot when
> he was killed...) EVOL Mommy puts Stephanie off the trail (though she
> now knows that Stephanie knows about the Owls, so I'm guessing a
> face-off with Quizmaster is coming!!), and has Lincoln (who appears to
> be *her* underling!) clean up the mess.
>
> The GK's almost get busted by the cops and Haz-Mat team sent by the
> Owls, but Stephanie gives them a ruse to throw them off. The other
> GK's, including Carrie (I though Turner told her to scram!!) get Turner
> to the hosptial, and Carrie convinces Doctor Mommy to treat him -
> Turner is saved!

Did she do a blood transfusion all wrong or did she have some other miracle
cure? Or.

> Turner and the GK's are back in the school's belrey, which is once
> again safe thanks to Stephanie's ruse, and Turner is feeling all mopey,
> when Duela shows up, and decides to pick up where Turner tried to leave
> off with Stephanie! (Will there be nookie?!!) These two, and Harvey,
> seem to be the only straight people on the show.
>
> Meanwhile, it looks like Lincoln somehow "revived" Brody (disappointed
> that they didn't have the balls to kill him off!),

Yes

but I'm wondering if
> Brody is a "zombie" now - he'll probably become the new Talon or
> something.
>
> Outside of the Brody developments, I found this episode to be mostly good...

Except for everything other than the Brody developments, and the Brody
developments as well

> Next episode: Duela's Mommy shows up... and it's Lindy Booth! (Spoilers

Really? If I noticed that I might have not told the DVR “never again”

Is she Harley?

> hint at Mommy telling Duela a "shocking revelation" - Could it be that
> Joker isn't her Daddy?!)
>
> It is unclear to me whether this season is 12 episodes, or 13. The
> Futon Critic seems to be saying it's 13 episodes - if so, we have 3
> more epies to go!) before the show ends on June 27.
>
> And The All New! NEW!! CW will have to make a decision on cancelling or
> renewing this show right around that same date...

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<u5967c$2modh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188250&group=rec.arts.tv#188250

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 21:18:52 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 04:18 UTC

On 2023-06-01 02:53:51 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On the latest exciting episode of "Gotham Knights: GK!" (the "GK"
>> stands for the "Knights of Gotham"! otherwise known as the "Gotham
>> Knights"!!)...
>>
>> Sidenote! This episode was directed by "SHIELD"'s Elizabeth Henstridge!!
>
> Shame on her.
>
>> Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Poison Pill" (ep. #10).
>>
>> This episode was actually mostly good, I thought.
>
> It’s not like you have a track record of being wrong or anything.
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Next episode: Duela's Mommy shows up... and it's Lindy Booth! (Spoilers
>
> Really? If I noticed that I might have not told the DVR “never again”
>
> Is she Harley?

No, her name is "Jane Doe". No idea if that's a real DC character or not...

>> hint at Mommy telling Duela a "shocking revelation" - Could it be that
>> Joker isn't her Daddy?!)
>>
>> It is unclear to me whether this season is 12 episodes, or 13. The
>> Futon Critic seems to be saying it's 13 episodes - if so, we have 3
>> more epies to go!) before the show ends on June 27.
>>
>> And The All New! NEW!! CW will have to make a decision on cancelling or
>> renewing this show right around that same date...

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<u59682$2modh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188251&group=rec.arts.tv#188251

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 21:19:14 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 04:19 UTC

On 2023-06-01 02:32:46 +0000, shawn said:

> On Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> I already put the work into this so I'm posting this to Ian's thread.
> I'll comment separately on what he had to say about the episode.

I'll take a look at this in the morning! ;)

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<f2cg7idodai3p12km034bs478u4eirr7o5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188253&group=rec.arts.tv#188253

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 01:45:35 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 05:45 UTC

On Wed, 31 May 2023 21:19:14 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-06-01 02:32:46 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I already put the work into this so I'm posting this to Ian's thread.
>> I'll comment separately on what he had to say about the episode.
>
>I'll take a look at this in the morning! ;)

You can also watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTXK_RneVzU
where Disparutoo goes ham on the episode starting off
with the whole radiation issue.

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<648614560.707290206.176138.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188259&group=rec.arts.tv#188259

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 01:33:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:33 UTC

> On Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>

> I already put the work into this so I'm posting this to Ian's thread.
> I'll comment separately on what he had to say about the episode.
>

> Where we find that merely holding a magic rock near someone will make
> them radioactive as Turner is highly radioactive.Now they claim that
> it's because it came in contact with Turner's blood that he is
> radioactive but there are problems with that. First, we didn't see the
> Electrum come into contact with Turner's blood. Robin basically held
> it near his neck and the cut healed. The second bit is that we have to
> believe that Electrum in the blood is highly radioactive but isn't
> outside the body or that somehow having the Electrum in the body makes
> it more dangerous than outside not only to the person with it inside
> them but also to anyone around them. Like I said, it's a magical
> substance that breaks all the rules of physics.. That or writer #2 is
> at work and just knows that radioactivity is a thing and it's
> dangerous. The rest writer #2 is just making up on the fly because
> looking up anything is too much work.
>
> Oh and I guess the head of the Court of Owls also knows about the
> radioactivity and plans to use it to track down those bratty kids.
> Not like they are masters of disguise or have multiple places to hide.
> Nope they just have the clock tower when Smallville doesn't need it
> but the bad guys can't find them.

While the Clocktower was on Smallville, it wasn’t in Smallville. It was
either 15 minutes or three hours away from Smallville, depending on which
way you went around the hill, in the great seaport of Metropolis, Kansas.

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<637917748.707290509.741843.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188260&group=rec.arts.tv#188260

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 01:33:50 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:33 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-01 02:32:46 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I already put the work into this so I'm posting this to Ian's thread.
>> I'll comment separately on what he had to say about the episode.
>
> I'll take a look at this in the morning! ;)

Be prepared for Sean to prove you even more wrong, or than I already have!

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<1245224812.707290767.599746.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188261&group=rec.arts.tv#188261

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 01:34:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:34 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-01 02:53:51 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> On the latest exciting episode of "Gotham Knights: GK!" (the "GK"
>>> stands for the "Knights of Gotham"! otherwise known as the "Gotham
>>> Knights"!!)...
>>>
>>> Sidenote! This episode was directed by "SHIELD"'s Elizabeth Henstridge!!
>>
>> Shame on her.
>>
>>> Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Poison Pill" (ep. #10).
>>>
>>> This episode was actually mostly good, I thought.
>>
>> It’s not like you have a track record of being wrong or anything.
>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Next episode: Duela's Mommy shows up... and it's Lindy Booth! (Spoilers
>>
>> Really? If I noticed that I might have not told the DVR “never again”
>>
>> Is she Harley?
>
> No, her name is "Jane Doe". No idea if that's a real DC character or not...

Not that I know of. Duella has different mothers in the comics but they’re
all from different earths and different continuities. There’s nothing like
what’s going on here. Harley has a daughter with the Joker in one reality
but she’s apparently not a Duella.

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<u5d96a$38d1f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188413&group=rec.arts.tv#188413

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 10:34:02 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:34 UTC

On 2023-06-01 02:32:46 +0000, shawn said:

> On Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>

> I already put the work into this so I'm posting this to Ian's thread.
> I'll comment separately on what he had to say about the episode.
>

> Where we find that merely holding a magic rock near someone will make
> them radioactive as Turner is highly radioactive.Now they claim that
> it's because it came in contact with Turner's blood that he is
> radioactive but there are problems with that. First, we didn't see the
> Electrum come into contact with Turner's blood. Robin basically held
> it near his neck and the cut healed. The second bit is that we have to
> believe that Electrum in the blood is highly radioactive but isn't
> outside the body or that somehow having the Electrum in the body makes
> it more dangerous than outside not only to the person with it inside
> them but also to anyone around them. Like I said, it's a magical
> substance that breaks all the rules of physics.. That or writer #2 is
> at work and just knows that radioactivity is a thing and it's
> dangerous. The rest writer #2 is just making up on the fly because
> looking up anything is too much work.

And, as I said - if the rock itself was emitting radiation, they are
all screwed because of the previous episode (depending, of course, on
the kind of radiation it emitted...).

> Oh and I guess the head of the Court of Owls also knows about the
> radioactivity and plans to use it to track down those bratty kids.
> Not like they are masters of disguise or have multiple places to hide.
> Nope they just have the clock tower when Smallville doesn't need it
> but the bad guys can't find them.
>

> Now we get into Robin hiding the truth of Turner's parents death.
> Though even that isn't the actual truth. It's just that Bruce felt
> responsible for their death. Which could easily be because someone
> Batman didn't capture ended killing Turner's parents. We also get our
> dose of drama between the various GKs.

Yeah, that was a really, really disappointing development - that the
diary pages Carrie stole were just about this.

> LOL, now they want to give Turner a blood transfusion to lower the
> amount of Electrum in his blood. Meanwhile Brody explains finding the
> mask and a video tape of his dad killing Cressida. Blondie (no, not
> Clint Eastwood) then tells Brody the truth about his dad and the Court
> of Owls, but we cut away so we don't get to see the excellent acting
> that inevitably followed this reveal.

I still can't figure out why Brody is in the main cast of this show!?!
He never merited being "main cast", just recurring.

> Duella

You all spell this wrong! It's *one* "l" - "Duela"!! :p

> is shown as caring about Turner

If by "caring" you mean "wanting to jump him", then, yeah!! ;p

> by bringing him his favorite
> meal. Harvey is shown talking to his other Harvey persona. The other
> persona is the protector version of Harvey, at least according to Two
> Face. Two Face confirms that the court figured out that a few keys on
> the piano can bring him out.

That could be useful info for the future!

> Whee, the GCPD shows up to the Clock Tower with people in hazmat suits
> and radiation detectors. Oh, no, what will our knights do? Hide! They
> take Turner into the tunnels which hides them from the detectors and
> the detectives. Though how does anyone explain knowing that Turner is
> now radioactive. Oh that's right, everyone in Gotham is on the take to
> the Court of Owls so no explanations needed.

And how did Stephanie being caught smoking the "spliff" help with any
of this?!!

> Also why are the cops without any protective suit walking right behind
> the guys in the protective suits?

Ha! I didn't even think about that! Good point!!

> Anyone think this makes sense? And
> apparently Turner is sweating radioactive sweat or something because
> even though Turner has moved into the tunnels the Geiger counters are
> still going crazy at the Clock Tower. The cops find Blondie (again not
> Clint Eastwood) enjoying a hookah and they don't wonder where the
> radiation was coming from that they just detected. So the GK manage to
> get Turner through the tunnels and into the hospital but the magic
> detectors can't pick up Turner at the hospital? Um.. okay..
>
> Meanwhile Brody is explaining to his mom that his dad is a murderer
> and they have to leave town. Little does he know that she already
> knows, but he will find out soon. Oh boy, we have Harvey 2 trying to
> kill Harvey while Turner appears to be dying before the transfusion
> can happen. Brody finds out that his mother is just as much of a
> killer when she stabs him.

Now, she's shown to be way worse than Lincoln. In fact, they seem to
imply that *she's* the real head of the Owls.

> Brody lets his mom know about Stephanie so
> now she's on the list of people for the Court to look into. And
> judging by the end it looks like Brody may have been exposed to the
> Electrum and so is going to be alive again next episode. Wonder how
> he's going to feel about dear old mum?

As I said in my review, I don't think EVOL Mommy got the recoding back
from Brody, so they still have the evidence of Lincoln killing Cressida
on the table.

Re: GOTHAM KNIGHTS: GK!: "Poison Pill" (ep. #10) - 05/30/2023

<r5gk7it4oqcr5bpqgsvvj1nkj1tc51sgdf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188418&group=rec.arts.tv#188418

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 15:27:43 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 19:27 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 10:34:02 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-06-01 02:32:46 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Wed, 31 May 2023 19:17:31 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>

>> I already put the work into this so I'm posting this to Ian's thread.
>> I'll comment separately on what he had to say about the episode.
>>

>> Where we find that merely holding a magic rock near someone will make
>> them radioactive as Turner is highly radioactive.Now they claim that
>> it's because it came in contact with Turner's blood that he is
>> radioactive but there are problems with that. First, we didn't see the
>> Electrum come into contact with Turner's blood. Robin basically held
>> it near his neck and the cut healed. The second bit is that we have to
>> believe that Electrum in the blood is highly radioactive but isn't
>> outside the body or that somehow having the Electrum in the body makes
>> it more dangerous than outside not only to the person with it inside
>> them but also to anyone around them. Like I said, it's a magical
>> substance that breaks all the rules of physics.. That or writer #2 is
>> at work and just knows that radioactivity is a thing and it's
>> dangerous. The rest writer #2 is just making up on the fly because
>> looking up anything is too much work.
>
>And, as I said - if the rock itself was emitting radiation, they are
>all screwed because of the previous episode (depending, of course, on
>the kind of radiation it emitted...).

Yeah, the alpha versus gamma radiation issue.

>> Oh and I guess the head of the Court of Owls also knows about the
>> radioactivity and plans to use it to track down those bratty kids.
>> Not like they are masters of disguise or have multiple places to hide.
>> Nope they just have the clock tower when Smallville doesn't need it
>> but the bad guys can't find them.
>>

>> Now we get into Robin hiding the truth of Turner's parents death.
>> Though even that isn't the actual truth. It's just that Bruce felt
>> responsible for their death. Which could easily be because someone
>> Batman didn't capture ended killing Turner's parents. We also get our
>> dose of drama between the various GKs.
>
>Yeah, that was a really, really disappointing development - that the
>diary pages Carrie stole were just about this.
>
>> LOL, now they want to give Turner a blood transfusion to lower the
>> amount of Electrum in his blood. Meanwhile Brody explains finding the
>> mask and a video tape of his dad killing Cressida. Blondie (no, not
>> Clint Eastwood) then tells Brody the truth about his dad and the Court
>> of Owls, but we cut away so we don't get to see the excellent acting
>> that inevitably followed this reveal.
>
>I still can't figure out why Brody is in the main cast of this show!?!
>He never merited being "main cast", just recurring.

Maybe it is as someone suggested and they intend to have Brody become
the new Talon? Though even if they did that wouldn't we mostly see him
stuck under the mask?

>> Duella
>
>You all spell this wrong! It's *one* "l" - "Duela"!! :p

You expect us to care enough about this show to get the spelling
right? LOL. You should be thankful we remember her name. Admittedly
she's one of the few people on this show whose name I can remember, if
not spell.

>> is shown as caring about Turner
>
>If by "caring" you mean "wanting to jump him", then, yeah!! ;p

Well isn't that caring? ;)

>> by bringing him his favorite
>> meal. Harvey is shown talking to his other Harvey persona. The other
>> persona is the protector version of Harvey, at least according to Two
>> Face. Two Face confirms that the court figured out that a few keys on
>> the piano can bring him out.
>
>That could be useful info for the future!

I'm halfway expecting to find that Two Face is in control of Harvey
now. Maybe the musical notes will bring Harvey back into control of
Harvey. (Isn't it fun talking about people who have split
personalities)

>> Whee, the GCPD shows up to the Clock Tower with people in hazmat suits
>> and radiation detectors. Oh, no, what will our knights do? Hide! They
>> take Turner into the tunnels which hides them from the detectors and
>> the detectives. Though how does anyone explain knowing that Turner is
>> now radioactive. Oh that's right, everyone in Gotham is on the take to
>> the Court of Owls so no explanations needed.
>
>And how did Stephanie being caught smoking the "spliff" help with any
>of this?!!

Apparently the cops were convinced that she was smoking radioactive
weed. Why that's considered okay is a matter to discuss with the
writer.

>> Also why are the cops without any protective suit walking right behind
>> the guys in the protective suits?
>
>Ha! I didn't even think about that! Good point!!
>
>> Anyone think this makes sense? And
>> apparently Turner is sweating radioactive sweat or something because
>> even though Turner has moved into the tunnels the Geiger counters are
>> still going crazy at the Clock Tower. The cops find Blondie (again not
>> Clint Eastwood) enjoying a hookah and they don't wonder where the
>> radiation was coming from that they just detected. So the GK manage to
>> get Turner through the tunnels and into the hospital but the magic
>> detectors can't pick up Turner at the hospital? Um.. okay..
>>
>> Meanwhile Brody is explaining to his mom that his dad is a murderer
>> and they have to leave town. Little does he know that she already
>> knows, but he will find out soon. Oh boy, we have Harvey 2 trying to
>> kill Harvey while Turner appears to be dying before the transfusion
>> can happen. Brody finds out that his mother is just as much of a
>> killer when she stabs him.
>
>Now, she's shown to be way worse than Lincoln. In fact, they seem to
>imply that *she's* the real head of the Owls.

One really has to wonder how that is going to play out if Brody really
has been brought back to life.

>> Brody lets his mom know about Stephanie so
>> now she's on the list of people for the Court to look into. And
>> judging by the end it looks like Brody may have been exposed to the
>> Electrum and so is going to be alive again next episode. Wonder how
>> he's going to feel about dear old mum?
>
>As I said in my review, I don't think EVOL Mommy got the recoding back
>from Brody, so they still have the evidence of Lincoln killing Cressida
>on the table.

Yeah, but it can only come into play if Brody comes back to life and
gives it to the GKs. Even then it only takes Lincoln off the table if
the cops arrest him. Doesn't do a thing about the rest of the Court of
Owls. So maybe it's a way to provide a satisfactory (as if... ) ending
to the season.