I never failed to convince an audience that the best thing they could do was to go away.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

SubjectAuthor
* New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids MovUbiquitous
`* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In KidsBTR1701
 `* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In KidsAdam H. Kerman
  `* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Lamentsanim8rfsk
   `* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" LamentsAdam H. Kerman
    `* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Lamentsanim8rfsk
     `* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" LamentsAdam H. Kerman
      `* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Lamentsanim8rfsk
       +* Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" LamentsAdam H. Kerman
       |`- Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Lamentsanim8rfsk
       `- Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Oftrotsky

1
New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<u54ndr$1vbau$9@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=187993&group=rec.arts.tv#187993

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.disney,rec.arts.disney.animation,rec.arts.disney.misc,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Subject: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 04:30:48 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 30 May 2023 08:30 UTC

Reviews of Disney�s remake of �The Little Mermaid� were mixed, with even the
most generous viewers wondering if the film was necessary. But the review
from movie critic Wesley Morris for The New York Times is getting attention
for wondering about the lack of �kink� in the children�s movie.

�The new, live-action �The Little Mermaid� is everything nobody should want
in a movie: dutiful and defensive, yet desperate for approval,� Morris wrote
in his review.

�It reeks of obligation and noble intentions. Joy, fun, mystery, risk,
flavor, kink � they�re missing,� he continued.

People immediately noticed that Morris chose to use the word �kink� for a
PG-rated movie that was advertised for children and families. While the word
has multiple meanings, it�s frequently used in pop culture to refer to
offbeat sexual preferences.

�The New York Times just put up a review of the Little Mermaid where the
reviewer complains that KINK was missing from the film. The definition of
kink: a person�s unusual sexual preferences. Same media denies the left
sexualizes kids. The reviewer needs his hard drives reviewed,� conservative
social media influencer Robby Starbuck wrote on Twitter.

�The New York Times complaining about the lack of �kink� in The Little
Mermaid pretty much sums up where we�re at. Corrupt perverts in charge,
abject degeneracy proud on full display, their contempt for traditional
values transformed into a seething hatred for ordinary people,� the host of
The Martyr Made Podcast shared.

While many critics praised the film�s lead, Halle Bailey, the rest of the
movie left a lot of viewers disappointed.

The NPR reviewer called the live-action remake �an artistic dead end� that
�may make commercial sense� but is ultimately �unnecessary.�

�Like a lot of its fellow Disney remakes, this Little Mermaid too often feels
like a dutiful cover version rather than an inspired reimagining,� the review
says.

�There is nothing innovative or reformist about what happens in this movie,�
the Huffington Post reviewer wrote.

�While the original �The Little Mermaid� dazzled with its beautifully
imaginative underwater kingdom and talking sea creatures, Rob Marshall�s
remake is a soulless cash grab utterly devoid of any hint of charm of visual
whimsy,� another review said.

[Before we jump to conclusions, maybe "kink" is new-fangled Hollywood slang
for "talent".]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<atropos-01CDF0.13321730052023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188056&group=rec.arts.tv#188056

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.disney,rec.arts.disney.animation,rec.arts.disney.misc,rec.arts.movies.past-films
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 13:32:17 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 30 May 2023 20:32 UTC

In article <u54ndr$1vbau$9@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Reviews of Disney's remake of THE LITTLE MERMAID were mixed, with even the
> most generous viewers wondering if the film was necessary. But the review
> from movie critic Wesley Morris for The New York Times is getting attention
> for wondering about the "lack of kink" in the children's movie.
>
> "The new, live-action THE LITTLE MERMAID is everything nobody should want
> in a movie: dutiful and defensive, yet desperate for approval," Morris wrote
> in his review.
>
> "It reeks of obligation and noble intentions. Joy, fun, mystery, risk,
> flavor, kink-- they�re missing," he continued.

But they're not coming for your children. Don't worry. Those drag shows
in the elementary schools are just an attempt to relieve the children of
their appalling lack of kink.

> People immediately noticed that Morris chose to use the word �kink� for a
> PG-rated movie that was advertised for children and families. While the word
> has multiple meanings, it�s frequently used in pop culture to refer to
> offbeat sexual preferences.
>
> "The New York Times just put up a review of THE LITTLE MERMAID where the
> reviewer complains that KINK was missing from the film. The definition of
> kink: a person�s unusual sexual preferences. Same media denies the left
> sexualizes kids."

Exactly. The Times will run editorial after editorial lambasting the
"MAGA plot to turn innocent school-time drag shows into something
sinister", then run a movie review for a children's movie that says it
should have not only more sex but more weird sex in it.

> "The New York Times complaining about the lack of 'kink' in THE LITTLE
> MERMAID pretty much sums up where we're at. Corrupt perverts in charge,
> abject degeneracy proud on full display, their contempt for traditional
> values transformed into a seething hatred for ordinary people," the host of
> The Martyr Made Podcast shared.
>
> While many critics praised the film's lead, Halle Bailey, the rest of the
> movie left a lot of viewers disappointed.
>
> The NPR reviewer called the live-action remake "an artistic dead end" that
> "may make commercial sense" but is ultimately unnecessary.
>
> "Like a lot of its fellow Disney remakes, this THE LITTLE MERMAID too often
> feels like a dutiful cover version rather than an inspired reimagining,"
> the review says.
>
> "There is nothing innovative or reformist about what happens in this movie,"
> the Huffington Post reviewer wrote.
>
> "While the original THE LITTLE MERMAID dazzled with its beautifully
> imaginative underwater kingdom and talking sea creatures, Rob Marshall's
> remake is a soulless cash grab utterly devoid of any hint of charm of visual
> whimsy," another review said.

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<u55tdo$24dln$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188069&group=rec.arts.tv#188069

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 22:30:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 30 May 2023 22:30 UTC

Fuck Ubi and his pathetic need to crosspost to half a dozen newsgroups
he doesn't read nor contribute to.

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>Reviews of Disney's remake of THE LITTLE MERMAID were mixed, with even the
>>most generous viewers wondering if the film was necessary. But the review
>>from movie critic Wesley Morris for The New York Times is getting attention
>>for wondering about the "lack of kink" in the children's movie.

>>"The new, live-action THE LITTLE MERMAID is everything nobody should want
>>in a movie: dutiful and defensive, yet desperate for approval," Morris wrote
>>in his review.

>>"It reeks of obligation and noble intentions. Joy, fun, mystery, risk,
>>flavor, kink-- they're missing," he continued.

>But they're not coming for your children. Don't worry. Those drag shows
>in the elementary schools are just an attempt to relieve the children of
>their appalling lack of kink.

But but but

The reviewer missed the point. The Little Mermaid would seek to normalizer
human boy to mermaid sex. Well, maybe in the next version. It is kinky,
just below the surface.

Either way, the boy is getting tail.

The Disney adaptation is less creepy than Hans Christian Andersen's story.

>>. . .

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<1872442961.707197922.938630.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188122&group=rec.arts.tv#188122

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments
Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 21:16:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 31 May 2023 04:16 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Fuck Ubi and his pathetic need to crosspost to half a dozen newsgroups
> he doesn't read nor contribute to.
>
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> Reviews of Disney's remake of THE LITTLE MERMAID were mixed, with even the
>>> most generous viewers wondering if the film was necessary. But the review
>>> from movie critic Wesley Morris for The New York Times is getting attention
>>> for wondering about the "lack of kink" in the children's movie.
>
>>> "The new, live-action THE LITTLE MERMAID is everything nobody should want
>>> in a movie: dutiful and defensive, yet desperate for approval," Morris wrote
>>> in his review.
>
>>> "It reeks of obligation and noble intentions. Joy, fun, mystery, risk,
>>> flavor, kink-- they're missing," he continued.
>
>> But they're not coming for your children. Don't worry. Those drag shows
>> in the elementary schools are just an attempt to relieve the children of
>> their appalling lack of kink.
>
> But but but
>
> The reviewer missed the point. The Little Mermaid would seek to normalizer
> human boy to mermaid sex. Well, maybe in the next version. It is kinky,
> just below the surface.
>
> Either way, the boy is getting tail.
>
> The Disney adaptation is less creepy than Hans Christian Andersen's story.
>
>>> . . .

OK, I just read Ian‘s plot summary of the original fairytale on the
Wikipedia.

I don’t think it’s that creepy. I mean the sea witch tries to get her to do
all sorts of bad stuff but she won’t and she becomes a quasi-immortal
elemental, destined to do good for mankind for centuries to come and
finally become some sort of immortal goddess.

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<u57r2b$2elp2$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188175&group=rec.arts.tv#188175

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 16:02:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 31 May 2023 16:02 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>But they're not coming for your children. Don't worry. Those drag shows
>>>in the elementary schools are just an attempt to relieve the children of
>>>their appalling lack of kink.

>>But but but

>>The reviewer missed the point. The Little Mermaid would seek to normalizer
>>human boy to mermaid sex. Well, maybe in the next version. It is kinky,
>>just below the surface.

>>Either way, the boy is getting tail.

>>The Disney adaptation is less creepy than Hans Christian Andersen's story.

>OK, I just read Ian's plot summary of the original fairytale on the
>Wikipedia.

>I don't think it’s that creepy. I mean the sea witch tries to get her to do
>all sorts of bad stuff but she won't and she becomes a quasi-immortal
>elemental, destined to do good for mankind for centuries to come and
>finally become some sort of immortal goddess.

Felt like she was cutting her feet while dancing, to make her suffer as
much as possible while awaiting true love? Sentenced to centuries of
performing good deeds to get into Christian heaven? What if she misses a
day? Even making her mute was a shitty thing to do.

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<407477105.707263143.300872.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188211&group=rec.arts.tv#188211

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 15:25:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 31 May 2023 22:25 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> But but but
>
>>> The reviewer missed the point. The Little Mermaid would seek to normalizer
>>> human boy to mermaid sex. Well, maybe in the next version. It is kinky,
>>> just below the surface.
>
>>> Either way, the boy is getting tail.
>
>>> The Disney adaptation is less creepy than Hans Christian Andersen's story.

>> OK, I just read Ian's plot summary of the original fairytale on the
>> Wikipedia.
>
>> I don't think it’s that creepy. I mean the sea witch tries to get her to do
>> all sorts of bad stuff but she won't and she becomes a quasi-immortal
>> elemental, destined to do good for mankind for centuries to come and
>> finally become some sort of immortal goddess.
>
> Felt like she was cutting her feet while dancing, to make her suffer as
> much as possible while awaiting true love? Sentenced to centuries of
> performing good deeds to get into Christian heaven? What if she misses a
> day? Even making her mute was a shitty thing to do.

Ever see the night gallery, mermaid episode with Stuart Whitman?

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<u58pou$2hs6g$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188230&group=rec.arts.tv#188230

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 00:46:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 00:46 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>even the
>attention

>>> OK, I just read Ian's plot summary of the original fairytale on the
>>> Wikipedia.
>>
>>> I don't think it’s that creepy. I mean the sea witch tries to get her to do
>>> all sorts of bad stuff but she won't and she becomes a quasi-immortal
>>> elemental, destined to do good for mankind for centuries to come and
>>> finally become some sort of immortal goddess.
>>
>> Felt like she was cutting her feet while dancing, to make her suffer as
>> much as possible while awaiting true love? Sentenced to centuries of
>> performing good deeds to get into Christian heaven? What if she misses a
>> day? Even making her mute was a shitty thing to do.
>>

>Ever see the night gallery, mermaid episode with Stuart Whitman?

I'm sure I did but I don't recall.

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<1905264311.707280778.540581.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188244&group=rec.arts.tv#188244

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 19:53:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:53 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> even the
>> attention

>>> Felt like she was cutting her feet while dancing, to make her suffer as
>>> much as possible while awaiting true love? Sentenced to centuries of
>>> performing good deeds to get into Christian heaven? What if she misses a
>>> day? Even making her mute was a shitty thing to do.
>>>

>> Ever see the night gallery, mermaid episode with Stuart Whitman?
>
> I'm sure I did but I don't recall.

He tries to cure her and ends up with her being fish from the waist up and
girl from the waist down

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<u593dv$2mfnn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188246&group=rec.arts.tv#188246

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 03:31:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 03:31 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> even the
>the review
>>> attention

>her to do

>>> Ever see the night gallery, mermaid episode with Stuart Whitman?
>>
>> I'm sure I did but I don't recall.
>>

>He tries to cure her and ends up with her being fish from the waist up and
>girl from the waist down

Hahahahahahahahaha

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<vnZdM.592466$mmyc.180610@fx37.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188265&group=rec.arts.tv#188265

Subject: Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of
"Kink" In Kids Movie
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 04:18:19 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:18 UTC

On 5/31/23 9:53 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> even the
>>> attention

>>> Ever see the night gallery, mermaid episode with Stuart Whitman?
>>
>> I'm sure I did but I don't recall.
>>

> He tries to cure her and ends up with her being fish from the waist up and
> girl from the waist down

Was he shown to be Republican?

Re: New York Times Review Of "The Little Mermaid" Laments Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie

<1645631942.707303786.864981.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188269&group=rec.arts.tv#188269

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Lack Of "Kink" In Kids Movie
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 02:20:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:20 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> the review

>> her to do

>>> I'm sure I did but I don't recall.
>>>

>> He tries to cure her and ends up with her being fish from the waist up and
>> girl from the waist down
>
> Hahahahahahahahaha

It’s really pretty horrifying but I suppose that’s the point. She throws
her self into the ocean and you have to wonder how long she’s going to
survive.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/S-kN6ixe_HY/hqdefault.jpg

The whole thing looks like that, like it was shot by high school film
students with 1970 light bars on top of their camera in the middle of the
night.