From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.tv.reality,alt.showbiz.gossip
Subject: [Vanderpump Rules] An Exhaustive Guide to Scandoval
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 13:20:52 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 17:20 UTC

Ariana Madix, Tom Sandoval, and Raquel Leviss. Photo: Araya Doheny/Getty
Images

Have you checked in on the Bravo fan in your life lately? Chances are that
they, like the rest of the Bravoverse, have been in a state of chaos ever
since TMZ broke the news on March 3 that Vanderpump Rules stars Tom Sandoval
and Ariana Madix had broken up after nine years together. According to TMZ,
the breakup came after Sandoval cheated on Madix with their friend and
castmate Raquel (Rachel?) Leviss.

Nearly a month after the cheating rumors became news, paparazzi asked
Sandoval if he would change anything if he could go back in time. Speaking
publicly about the scandal for the first time, Sandoval noted he could have
handled things better. "Hindsight's always 20/20, man," he said, per ET.

Following the initial reports, Sandoval posted a statement to Instagram
saying that he was "sorry for everything," writing, "I fully understand and
deserve ur anger & disappointment towards me." To fans, this was both a
confirmation and a confession. He later apologized to Madix in another
Instagram post, saying, "I made mistakes, I was selfish, and made reckless
decisions that hurt somebody I love. No one deserves to feel that pain so
traumatically and publicly."

By the time news of their breakup broke, Madix had deleted her social-media
accounts. This didn't stop friends, co-stars, fans, and seemingly anyone who
has ever watched Bravo from publicly proclaiming that they were #TeamAriana.
Madix eventually returned to Instagram, where she posted a photo of herself
in Mexico and thanked family, friends, and "people I've never even met" for
their support.

For her part, Leviss has apologized "for my actions and my choices foremost
to Ariana, and my friends and fans," and she called the circumstances
surrounding her relationship with Sandoval "indefensible."

When news of the split initially broke, filming and production on the show's
tenth season had already wrapped (apart from the season's reunion). Andy
Cohen has confirmed that cameras went back to film the fallout,? and People
has since provided a little peek of the post-scandal drama.

Meanwhile, fans, who have dubbed the situation #Scandoval, have been poring
over old episode clips and social-media posts, passionately choosing sides
and developing conspiracy theories about what went wrong and when.

I have 20 different chats going about this Vanderpump Rules news. 20
wildly different people, a wide variety of ages and backgrounds,
insanely different jobs and lives, all have come together to say
"WHAAAAAAAAT!?!??!?"

-- chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 3, 2023

If you haven't been obsessively following, here's what to know about the
drama.

Now in its tenth season, Vanderpump Rules follows the lives and dramas of the
staff -- hostesses, servers, bartenders, and their friends -- at former Real
Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump's Los Angeles restaurants:
SUR, Pump, and TomTom. Unlike more constructed reality shows (where people
are brought together for filming, then never see each other again), the
Vanderpump Rules cast is known for its close-knit and intertwined
friendships, romantic relationships, and other entanglements.

Sandoval, 40, has been a cast member since the first season, when he was
introduced to viewers as a bartender at SUR. Tom previously dated former cast
member Kristen Doute, who infamously cheated on him twice with his best
friend and co-star Jax Taylor (who was also Doute's best friend and co-star
Stassi Schroeder's ex) while on the show. Sandoval himself was accused of
cheating in the relationship. When Doute and Taylor's indiscretions came to
light, a single slap and several punches were thrown, a book was written, and
everyone appeared to move on.

Madix, 37, appeared on the show in its early days, officially joining as a
full-time cast member in its third season as Sandoval's friend and fellow
bartender. Her disposition as a "voice of reason" made her a popular
character with fans. They confirmed they were dating a few months after
Sandoval's breakup with Doute. Soon, they were Instagram official and have
been the show's most stable couple ever since. Well, until recently.

Leviss, 28, was brought into the fold during season six in 2016, when she was
dating series regular James Kennedy (or, as he then called himself, DJ James
Kennedy, the "White Kanye"). The two were engaged for seven months before
breaking up in December 2021.

Reports of Sandoval cheating with Leviss have left the Bravoverse in a state
of utter disarray -- not just because these three are on a show together, but
because they are close friends.

Leviss has spoken in the past about how much she values her friendships with
Sandoval and Madix, particularly in the wake of her breakup with Kennedy. She
has previously called Madix one of her "true friends." Similarly, Kennedy and
Sandoval were known to be close on the series with Sandoval -- even helping
plan and split the $25,000 cost of Kennedy's Coachella-themed proposal to
Leviss.

To viewers, Sandoval and Madix's relationship seemed steady despite
occasional tiffs about their busy schedules. Sandoval told paparazzi that he
thinks part of why the cheating has become such an enormous scandal despite
the show always having drama is because "it was really unexpected." Sandoval
now helps run TomTom with co-star Tom Schwartz -- with whom he's a junior
partner -- and the two recently opened another restaurant, Schwartz &
Sandy's. A week prior to the breakup, Madix was photographed at one of
Sandoval's cover-band shows. (Yes, a cover band: Tom Sandoval & The Most
Extras.) All seemed well -- or as well as could be at a cover-band concert.

"I just think it was really unexpected," he said.

During a recent episode of Doute's Sex, Love, and What Else Matters podcast,
Doute said she was there the night Madix found out about the cheating,
claiming that Sandoval's phone fell out of his pocket while he was
performing, and a friend picked it up and handed it to Madix. "The real truth
is that Ariana had his phone, and she told me that she just had this gut
intuition to look at it," said Doute. "She just felt like she had to look, so
she goes into his photos. He had screen recorded a FaceTime of himself and
Raquel masturbating to each other."

As fans pored over old episodes, social-media posts, and interviews, many now
feel that Leviss and Sandoval have been secretly gleeful in their cheating --
like when Sandoval dressed as Leviss for Halloween and went out with Madix
and Leviss (who wore matching costumes) that night. Some people even think
that Sandoval and Leviss have been wearing matching lightning-bolt necklaces
for months as a sign of their affection for one another. In a July 2022
interview, Leviss said that Sandoval had become one of her "best friends
lately," which now has people raising their eyebrows.

According to some sources, since July. "This has been going on for upwards of
6 months -- all the while, Tom was sleeping next to Ariana in bed," one
source reportedly told People. "She was completely blindsided by this;
devastated doesn't even scratch the surface of how she feels."

To add to the shock and confusion of it all, many fans previously believed
that Schwartz -- Sandoval's business partner -- and Leviss were hooking up
after they were allegedly seen kissing at Coachella in April 2022. Those
rumors only escalated when they kissed at fellow cast member Scheana Shay's
wedding in Mexico. On the current season of the series, one story line
revolved around the flirty, "Will they or won't they?" nature of Leviss and
Schwartz's friendship and the drama it's causing in the group. (Schwartz's
ex-wife, Katie Maloney, is a cast member.) Recently, Leviss seemed to lean
into the speculation, posting a photo of herself with Schwartz on Instagram.
Now fans suspect that the whole thing was a misdirect intended to distract
people from the affair between herself and Sandoval -- a tried and true
strategy on other Bravo shows. In an Instagram post following the scandal,
Sandoval seemed to address the theory by claiming that Schwartz "only found
out about this very recently." Schwartz recently told TMZ that he didn't kiss
Leviss to cover up her affair with Sandoval. "I was just a pawn in the game,"
he said.

On an April episode of Watch What Happens Live, Schwartz told Cohen that he
first found out that Sandoval and Leviss had a one night stand while Sandoval
was "having, like, a midlife crisis" in August. That one night stand, he
said, led to "an emotional affair, which is still inappropriate." He said
that he believes that Sandoval tends to have obsessions and he is obsessed
with Leviss, saying, "That's his heroin."

Schwartz also said that Sandoval told him that he was in love with Leviss and
was trying to break up with Madix in January. After that admission, Schwartz
claimed that he and Leviss became more "brazen" and Sandoval kept putting off
breaking up with Madix, leading to the current chaos. According to TMZ,
Sandoval took Leviss to St. Louis, his hometown, to meet his friends back in
December, though they reportedly thought it was inappropriate for him to come
home with a woman who wasn't Madix.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: [Vanderpump Rules] An Exhaustive Guide to Scandoval

<SVAP279MB0142546B549AA33438EC8D0E86B69@SVAP279MB0142.NORP279.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188282&group=rec.arts.tv#188282

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.tv.reality,alt.showbiz.gossip
From: drvegas...@hotmail.com (Dr Vegas)
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 04:59:14 -0400
 by: Dr Vegas - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:59 UTC