In spite of everything, I still believe that people are good at heart. -- Anne Frank

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

SubjectAuthor
* Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridaBTR1701
`* Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridaFPP
 +* Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridaUbiquitous
 |`- Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Floridatrotsky
 `* Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridamoviePig
  +* Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridaBTR1701
  |+- Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridamoviePig
  |`* Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridaFPP
  | `- Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Floridatrotsky
  `- Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in FloridaFPP

1
Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<AuCcnXcv9_fEVev5nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188110&group=rec.arts.tv#188110

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 04:08:57 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 31 May 2023 04:08 UTC

On May 30, 2023 at 6:24:20 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guess why?
>

> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/florida-hollywood-beach-mass-shooting-today-b2347997.html

"Authorities released images of the three suspects and are asking the public
for help identifying them."

So the reporter says images of the suspects have been released and authorities
want help identifying them, but the newspaper doesn't actually publish the
photos so the public can give them that help.

I wonder why they didn't publish the photos? One suspects that if they were
all alt-right white nationalists, the photos would be prominently displayed.
But since the suspects are actually of a darker hue, the photos are
suppressed.

I'm surprised the media didn't pull a full black-washing, as they've been
prone to do of late, and use some stock photo of a white guy with a gun
pointing it at some helpless minorities to "illustrate the crime".

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<u5704j$2bjlm$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188140&group=rec.arts.tv#188140

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 04:22:41 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 31 May 2023 08:22 UTC

On 5/31/23 12:08 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 30, 2023 at 6:24:20 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Guess why?
>>

>> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/florida-hollywood-beach-mass-shooting-today-b2347997.html
>
> "Authorities released images of the three suspects and are asking the public
> for help identifying them."
>
> So the reporter says images of the suspects have been released and authorities
> want help identifying them, but the newspaper doesn't actually publish the
> photos so the public can give them that help.
>
> I wonder why they didn't publish the photos? One suspects that if they were
> all alt-right white nationalists, the photos would be prominently displayed.
> But since the suspects are actually of a darker hue, the photos are
> suppressed.
>
> I'm surprised the media didn't pull a full black-washing, as they've been
> prone to do of late, and use some stock photo of a white guy with a gun
> pointing it at some helpless minorities to "illustrate the crime".

I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
They're right here:

https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp

https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp

https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp

I've always said you have a problem with reading comprehension - but I
didn't think it extended to images too. Do you need glasses?

You need CNN to post them for you too?
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<u57l80$2dujg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188165&group=rec.arts.tv#188165

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 10:22:56 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 31 May 2023 14:22 UTC

"trotsky" wrote:
> On 5/31/23 12:08 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On May 30, 2023 at 6:24:20 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Guess why?
>>
>> Authorities released images of the three suspects and are asking the
>> public for help identifying them."
>>
>> So the reporter says images of the suspects have been released and authorities
>> want help identifying them, but the newspaper doesn't actually publish the
>> photos so the public can give them that help.
>>
>> I wonder why they didn't publish the photos? One suspects that if they were
>> all alt-right white nationalists, the photos would be prominently displayed.
>> But since the suspects are actually of a darker hue, the photos are
>> suppressed.
>
> I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
> They're right here:
>
> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg
> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg
> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg

Yep, just as we suspected...

#WhatLiberalMedia

--
And since I trashed all my social media accounts over a year ago, the
only time I check in here is when I boot up to check out my external SSD

So you shouldn't expect I'll see any replies... but feel free to knock
yourself out!

-- "FPP"

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<o6JdM.3561574$iU59.3422740@fx14.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188168&group=rec.arts.tv#188168

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 10:47:48 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 31 May 2023 14:47 UTC

On 5/31/2023 4:22 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 5/31/23 12:08 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On May 30, 2023 at 6:24:20 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Guess why?
>>>

>>> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/florida-hollywood-beach-mass-shooting-today-b2347997.html
>>
>> "Authorities released images of the three suspects and are asking the
>> public
>> for help identifying them."
>>
>> So the reporter says images of the suspects have been released and
>> authorities
>> want help identifying them, but the newspaper doesn't actually publish
>> the
>> photos so the public can give them that help.
>>
>> I wonder why they didn't publish the photos? One suspects that if they
>> were
>> all alt-right white nationalists, the photos would be prominently
>> displayed.
>> But since the suspects are actually of a darker hue, the photos are
>> suppressed.
>>
>> I'm surprised the media didn't pull a full black-washing, as they've been
>> prone to do of late, and use some stock photo of a white guy with a gun
>> pointing it at some helpless minorities to "illustrate the crime".
>>

> I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
> They're right here:
>
> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
>
> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
>
> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
>
> I've always said you have a problem with reading comprehension -  but I
> didn't think it extended to images too.  Do you need glasses?
>
> You need CNN to post them for you too?

Can't imagine why they buried detailed renderings like those all the way
behind a mouse click. Hell, the manhunt would be over by now...

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<atropos-C357EF.10111431052023@news.giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188182&group=rec.arts.tv#188182

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 10:11:14 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 31 May 2023 17:11 UTC

In article <o6JdM.3561574$iU59.3422740@fx14.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 5/31/2023 4:22 AM, FPP wrote:

> >> "Authorities released images of the three suspects and are asking the
> >> public for help identifying them."
> >>
> >> So the reporter says images of the suspects have been released and
> >> authorities want help identifying them, but the newspaper doesn't
> >> actually publish the photos so the public can give them that help.
> >>
> >> I wonder why they didn't publish the photos? One suspects that if they
> >> were all alt-right white nationalists, the photos would be prominently
> >> displayed. But since the suspects are actually of a darker hue, the
> >> photos are suppressed.
> >>
> >> I'm surprised the media didn't pull a full black-washing, as they've been
> >> prone to do of late, and use some stock photo of a white guy with a gun
> >> pointing it at some helpless minorities to "illustrate the crime".
> >>
> > I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
> > They're right here:
> >
> > https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg?quality=75&width
> > =640&auto=webp
> >
> > https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg?quality=75&wid
> > th=640&auto=webp
> >
> > https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg?quality=75&wid
> > th=640&auto=webp
> >
> > I've always said you have a problem with reading comprehension -  but I
> > didn't think it extended to images too.  Do you need glasses?
> >
> > You need CNN to post them for you too?
>
> Can't imagine why they buried detailed renderings like those all the way
> behind a mouse click. Hell, the manhunt would be over by now...

Wow, they've magically appeared where they weren't when I posted my
response. Maybe they got some blowback and figured they shouldn't make
their agenda quite *that* transparent.

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<zTLdM.2261829$gGD7.558963@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188185&group=rec.arts.tv#188185

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 13:56:46 -0400
 by: moviePig - Wed, 31 May 2023 17:56 UTC

On 5/31/2023 1:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <o6JdM.3561574$iU59.3422740@fx14.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
>>> They're right here:
>>>
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg?quality=75&width
>>> =640&auto=webp
>>>
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg?quality=75&wid
>>> th=640&auto=webp
>>>
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg?quality=75&wid
>>> th=640&auto=webp
>>>
>>> I've always said you have a problem with reading comprehension -  but I
>>> didn't think it extended to images too.  Do you need glasses?
>>>
>>> You need CNN to post them for you too?
>>
>> Can't imagine why they buried detailed renderings like those all the way
>> behind a mouse click. Hell, the manhunt would be over by now...
>
> Wow, they've magically appeared where they weren't when I posted my
> response. Maybe they got some blowback and figured they shouldn't make
> their agenda quite *that* transparent.

To accuse that, you'd need to know when the cops released the photos.

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<ZsYdM.592457$mmyc.299102@fx37.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188257&group=rec.arts.tv#188257

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 03:15:53 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:15 UTC

On 5/31/23 11:10 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 May 2023 at 10:23:02 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:

>>> I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
>>> They're right here:
>>>
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg
>>
>> Yep, just as we suspected...
>

> We have a radio station in Toronto, mostly news, that refuses to mention a person's skin colour when giving descriptions of the suspects in crimes.
> They'll say something, "the suspect is described as a tall male with a blue jacket and black pants." Ridiculous. What's the point?

Well anonyshitted!!!

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<u5a86f$2q8uk$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188288&group=rec.arts.tv#188288

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:58:39 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:58 UTC

On 5/31/23 10:47 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 5/31/2023 4:22 AM, FPP wrote:

>>> "Authorities released images of the three suspects and are asking the
>>> public
>>> for help identifying them."
>>>
>>> So the reporter says images of the suspects have been released and
>>> authorities
>>> want help identifying them, but the newspaper doesn't actually
>>> publish the
>>> photos so the public can give them that help.
>>>
>>> I wonder why they didn't publish the photos? One suspects that if
>>> they were
>>> all alt-right white nationalists, the photos would be prominently
>>> displayed.
>>> But since the suspects are actually of a darker hue, the photos are
>>> suppressed.
>>>
>>> I'm surprised the media didn't pull a full black-washing, as they've
>>> been
>>> prone to do of late, and use some stock photo of a white guy with a gun
>>> pointing it at some helpless minorities to "illustrate the crime".
>>>

>> I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
>> They're right here:
>>
>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
>>

>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
>>

>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg?quality=75&width=640&auto=webp
>>

>> I've always said you have a problem with reading comprehension -  but
>> I didn't think it extended to images too.  Do you need glasses?
>>
>> You need CNN to post them for you too?
>
> Can't imagine why they buried detailed renderings like those all the way
> behind a mouse click.  Hell, the manhunt would be over by now...

Basically, I think unless you were there and had a clearer look, John Q.
Public is never going to recognize them. Not with the quality of those
rips.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<u5a87n$2q8uk$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188289&group=rec.arts.tv#188289

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 09:59:19 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:59 UTC

On 5/31/23 1:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <o6JdM.3561574$iU59.3422740@fx14.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> I saw the photos in the article you just referenced.
>>> They're right here:
>>>
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document.jpg?quality=75&width
>>> =640&auto=webp
>>>
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-2.jpg?quality=75&wid
>>> th=640&auto=webp
>>>
>>> https://static.independent.co.uk/2023/05/30/17/Document-1.jpg?quality=75&wid
>>> th=640&auto=webp
>>>
>>> I've always said you have a problem with reading comprehension -  but I
>>> didn't think it extended to images too.  Do you need glasses?
>>>
>>> You need CNN to post them for you too?
>>
>> Can't imagine why they buried detailed renderings like those all the way
>> behind a mouse click. Hell, the manhunt would be over by now...
>
> Wow, they've magically appeared where they weren't when I posted my
> response. Maybe they got some blowback and figured they shouldn't make
> their agenda quite *that* transparent.

They took a while to load... so unless you stuck around, they wouldn't
be there.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: As NOT reported by CNN: 9 shot in Florida

<AIieM.3868448$vBI8.1298316@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188375&group=rec.arts.tv#188375

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 04:34:24 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 09:34 UTC

On 6/1/23 8:59 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 5/31/23 1:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <o6JdM.3561574$iU59.3422740@fx14.iad>,
>>   moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> Can't imagine why they buried detailed renderings like those all the way
>>> behind a mouse click.  Hell, the manhunt would be over by now...
>>
>> Wow, they've magically appeared where they weren't when I posted my
>> response. Maybe they got some blowback and figured they shouldn't make
>> their agenda quite *that* transparent.
>>

> They took a while to load...

Just like OKT's misconceptions.