Parts that positively cannot be assembled in improper order will be.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

SubjectAuthor
* The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
+* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great DayAdam H. Kerman
|`* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
| `* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great DayAdam H. Kerman
|  +- Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great DayIan J. Ball
|  `- Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
`* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great DayIan J. Ball
 `* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
  +* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
  |+* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Daysuzeeq
  ||`- Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
  |`- Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Daychromebook test
  `* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great DayIan J. Ball
   `* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
    `* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great DayIan J. Ball
     `* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Dayshawn
      +- Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Daychromebook test
      `* Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great DayIan J. Ball
       `- Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Daychromebook test

1
The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<pblg7iloh5djlgsejpo1dllghp0t32hn7u@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188262&group=rec.arts.tv#188262

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 04:48:30 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:48 UTC

The episode starts out with a Doctor presenting his idea to the
medical society that you can talk to the dead through the phones. The
members of the society don't believe him and kick him out. Then we see
him walking home and talking on the phone (presumably trying to talk
to his recently deceased mother) and failing. While in the background
we see the alien landing while the man prepares to jump out of his
window when suddenly the phones start ringing. To his surprise he
hears someone on the other side and is convinced it is his dead
mother.

Then we go to 1899, one day after Maladie was hung. We see a number of
the Nevers digging up some graves. They are looking for and find a
specific body. Meanwhile Laura is sneaking through a camp full of
armed men when she is hit by flashbacks to her prior life. As she
walks away she keeps having flashbacks to that prior life fighting as
a soldier.

There are regular earthquakes as the Galanthie prepares to emerge.
Amalia tells the Nevers what is really going on, or at least as much
as she knows. Which goes over about as expected what with time travel
and aliens being involved. Amalia also has another flashback to when
someone was attempting to kill her again.

The doctor is shown cutting into the meat puppet trying to figure out
who might have made them. They find something in the meat puppet's
brain that wasn't connected to anything but has the stamp of Tam on
it. So they go to visit this Pennyfield clockmaker to see what
connection he has to the meat puppets.

The one girl who speaks in some unknown language comes to the defense
of another girl and ends up being attacked by some of the same people.
It ends up badly with one girl attacking her with a knife and ended up
stabbed with that same knife.

Meanwhile Amalia is wandering the city while constantly getting
flashbacks to her future life. She ends up at the door of a building
where she was in the future, thereby connecting the dots in her life.
Turns out that the address is tied to the thing they found in the
brain of the meat puppet. Of course it is the Doctor from the opening
sequence who went from being kicked out of the Medical Society to
finding the alien and creating the meat puppets. Amalia answers the
phone to end up talking to another person who hitched a ride from the
future with the alien. Only to then end up fighting with a sad meat
puppet dog that was mostly mechanical and very dangerous. The fight
ends up in a draw with both of them walking away wounded.
So perhaps the Doctor's meat puppets become the front line troops in
the battle that Amalia takes part in, in the future.

The Doctor comes home to find his telephone room burned to a crisp and
a strange woman waiting for him. I'm guessing this is the other woman
from the future that hitched a ride with the alien.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5a5bm$2puqj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188281&group=rec.arts.tv#188281

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:10:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:10 UTC

Is this on HBO satellite? I didn't notice that HBO finally brought the
show back from the very long hiatus.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5a8q5$2qc1l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188294&group=rec.arts.tv#188294

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:09:09 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 14:09 UTC

On 2023-06-01 08:48:30 +0000, shawn said:

> The episode starts out with a Doctor presenting his idea to the
> medical society that you can talk to the dead through the phones.

Where are you watching this?

By coincidence, in the last couple of days I looked for this and
"Westworld" on Tubi but found no evidence of them...

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<in9h7ipf5cl1nf0jolfo5ld8frlvpu9g6q@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188297&group=rec.arts.tv#188297

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:19:00 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 14:19 UTC

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:10:14 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Is this on HBO satellite? I didn't notice that HBO finally brought the
>show back from the very long hiatus.

No, they moved it over to the free view category. Tubi is carrying it
which makes it a pain as it is part of their WBtv Watchlist. Which
means you need to tune in to Tubi when they are streaming the show.
It's been on there for a few months and I'm sure it will be streaming
again soon. Just don't know when as I don't typically use Tubi.

https://www.polygon.com/23598491/the-nevers-season-1-free-online-unaired-episodes

You may be able to pay for it as a number of sites including Apple and
Amazon have the show available at a $3/episode cost, but when I
checked Amazon they only had the first six episodes available. Not
sure if any of the other sites selling the episodes have gotten the
last half of the first (and only :( ) season yet. There is a DVD out
of SE Asia that is available with what looks like all of the episodes
but that's very likely unauthorized and so of questionable quality, as
well as legality.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<77ah7ip95dkand5qob80ve0tg5ms77sjd2@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188298&group=rec.arts.tv#188298

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:21:26 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 14:21 UTC

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:09:09 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-06-01 08:48:30 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> The episode starts out with a Doctor presenting his idea to the
>> medical society that you can talk to the dead through the phones.
>
>Where are you watching this?
>
>By coincidence, in the last couple of days I looked for this and
>"Westworld" on Tubi but found no evidence of them...

It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<7obh7il2fr57e043s00of3rt8omevvl47v@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188307&group=rec.arts.tv#188307

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:46:12 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 14:46 UTC

On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:21:26 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:09:09 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On 2023-06-01 08:48:30 +0000, shawn said:
>>
>>> The episode starts out with a Doctor presenting his idea to the
>>> medical society that you can talk to the dead through the phones.
>>
>>Where are you watching this?
>>
>>By coincidence, in the last couple of days I looked for this and
>>"Westworld" on Tubi but found no evidence of them...
>
>It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
>watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
>come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
>only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
>but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.

I should also point out that you can find all of the episodes on the
gray if you look to Bittorrent or Usenet.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5adkm$pasp$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188313&group=rec.arts.tv#188313

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:31:33 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 15:31 UTC

On 6/1/2023 7:46 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:21:26 -0400, shawn
> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:09:09 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Where are you watching this?
>>>
>>> By coincidence, in the last couple of days I looked for this and
>>> "Westworld" on Tubi but found no evidence of them...
>>
>> It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
>> watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
>> come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
>> only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
>> but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.
>
> I should also point out that you can find all of the episodes on the
> gray if you look to Bittorrent or Usenet.

I didn't hear a peep that it was back, I'll see if I can find it.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5ae6q$2qu95$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188314&group=rec.arts.tv#188314

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:41:14 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 15:41 UTC

On 2023-06-01 14:21:26 +0000, shawn said:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:09:09 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-06-01 08:48:30 +0000, shawn said:
>>
>>> The episode starts out with a Doctor presenting his idea to the
>>> medical society that you can talk to the dead through the phones.
>>
>> Where are you watching this?
>>
>> By coincidence, in the last couple of days I looked for this and
>> "Westworld" on Tubi but found no evidence of them...
>
> It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
> watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
> come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
> only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
> but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.

So, are "FAST" channels basically useless then?!

AFAIK, there's no "online schedule guide" for FAST channels, right? So
there is no way I can know in advance what is going to be on Tubi's
WBtv Watchlist channel?

Which makes it useless.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<mggh7i5kfqj9v7eod9afchplecihcrlm28@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188315&group=rec.arts.tv#188315

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:08:17 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:08 UTC

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:31:33 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 6/1/2023 7:46 AM, shawn wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:21:26 -0400, shawn
>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
>>> watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
>>> come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
>>> only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
>>> but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.
>>
>> I should also point out that you can find all of the episodes on the
>> gray if you look to Bittorrent or Usenet.
>>
>I didn't hear a peep that it was back, I'll see if I can find it.

It doesn't seem to be on Tubi at the moment but I'm sure it will come
back eventually. There are multiple sources of it on Usenet and
Bittorrent at the moment. Given the current situation with WB and the
Nevers I don't expect any DMCA notices to remove them.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<ujgh7ipaeaofdr355c632rvi16o1fob5uf@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188316&group=rec.arts.tv#188316

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:10:42 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 16:10 UTC

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:41:14 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-06-01 14:21:26 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:09:09 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Where are you watching this?
>>>
>>> By coincidence, in the last couple of days I looked for this and
>>> "Westworld" on Tubi but found no evidence of them...
>>
>> It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
>> watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
>> come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
>> only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
>> but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.
>
>So, are "FAST" channels basically useless then?!
>
>AFAIK, there's no "online schedule guide" for FAST channels, right? So
>there is no way I can know in advance what is going to be on Tubi's
>WBtv Watchlist channel?
>
>Which makes it useless.

That's what I'm afraid of. I only knew about it because there were
some reports about it when it first showed up on Tubi and then again
when they did a second round. I looked around and didn't see a
schedule for WBtv Watchlist and didn't find one, but hoped that was
just me not being lucky. It is thought to find a show on there if
there isn't any sort of online schedule you can check in advance for
what they are planning to stream.

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5ajfn$2rfna$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188319&group=rec.arts.tv#188319

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:11:19 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:11 UTC

On 2023-06-01 16:10:42 +0000, shawn said:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:41:14 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>> On 2023-06-01 14:21:26 +0000, shawn said:

>>> It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
>>> watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
>>> come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
>>> only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
>>> but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.
>>
>> So, are "FAST" channels basically useless then?!
>>
>> AFAIK, there's no "online schedule guide" for FAST channels, right? So
>> there is no way I can know in advance what is going to be on Tubi's
>> WBtv Watchlist channel?
>>
>> Which makes it useless.
>
> That's what I'm afraid of. I only knew about it because there were
> some reports about it when it first showed up on Tubi and then again
> when they did a second round. I looked around and didn't see a
> schedule for WBtv Watchlist and didn't find one, but hoped that was
> just me not being lucky. It is thought to find a show on there if
> there isn't any sort of online schedule you can check in advance for
> what they are planning to stream.

I only found this:

https://tubitv.com/live

Apparently "The Nevers" starts up at 10:30am (PDT?) on that WBtv
Watchlist channel.

I have other plans for today, so I am going to pass.

But you can't even *advance* to later times on that Tubi schedule
guide, so it's actually pretty damn useles... :/

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<9415e4b3-80fc-4e86-a317-0d27a6d65c33n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188320&group=rec.arts.tv#188320

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:16:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:16 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 10:46:18 AM UTC-4, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Jun 2023 10:21:26 -0400, shawn
> <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 07:09:09 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid>
> >wrote:

> >>Where are you watching this?
> >>
> >>By coincidence, in the last couple of days I looked for this and
> >>"Westworld" on Tubi but found no evidence of them...
> >
> >It was recorded off of Tub some time ago. Just didn't get around to
> >watching it at the time. It's still on their list so I'm sure it will
> >come back around to streaming on their WBtv Watchlist eventually. The
> >only issue is you do get that bug in the corner that keeps popping up
> >but at a cost of $0 I suppose it's not too much to deal with.

> I should also point out that you can find all of the episodes on the
> gray if you look to Bittorrent or Usenet.

The Nevers is an American science fiction drama television series created by Joss Whedon for HBO. The series is produced by HBO and Mutant Enemy Productions with executive producers including Whedon, Philippa Goslett, Doug Petrie, Jane Espenson, Ilene S. Landress, and Bernadette Caulfield. The series premiered on April 11, 2021. The first season consists of 12 episodes, split into two six-episode parts. In December 2022, the series was canceled before the back six had aired and pulled from the HBO Max library on December 18, 2022. All 12 episodes began streaming on Tubi starting February 13, 2023.

The series is set in Victorian London and follows a group of people, mostly women, known as the Touched, who suddenly manifest abnormal abilities.https://eztv.re/search/the-neversAmong them are Amalia True, a mysterious and quick-fisted widow, and her best friend Penance Adair, a brilliant inventor. The series received a straight-to-series order from HBO in June 2018, after a bidding war with other networks and streaming services including Netflix.

tags: working on season one of Ted Lasso at the moment

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<sonh7id1m841nn0nmig7m8c76icroasch3@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188328&group=rec.arts.tv#188328

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 14:16:29 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 18:16 UTC

On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:11:19 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-06-01 16:10:42 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 08:41:14 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> So, are "FAST" channels basically useless then?!
>>>
>>> AFAIK, there's no "online schedule guide" for FAST channels, right? So
>>> there is no way I can know in advance what is going to be on Tubi's
>>> WBtv Watchlist channel?
>>>
>>> Which makes it useless.
>>
>> That's what I'm afraid of. I only knew about it because there were
>> some reports about it when it first showed up on Tubi and then again
>> when they did a second round. I looked around and didn't see a
>> schedule for WBtv Watchlist and didn't find one, but hoped that was
>> just me not being lucky. It is thought to find a show on there if
>> there isn't any sort of online schedule you can check in advance for
>> what they are planning to stream.
>
>I only found this:
>
>https://tubitv.com/live
>
>Apparently "The Nevers" starts up at 10:30am (PDT?) on that WBtv
>Watchlist channel.
>
>I have other plans for today, so I am going to pass.
>
>But you can't even *advance* to later times on that Tubi schedule
>guide, so it's actually pretty damn useles... :/

Yeah, I see that it is on now (2:11 EDT) and there is another episode
on at around 2:40PM, but all the info you can get is that it is an all
new episode of THE NEVERS. No clue as to what episode it is.
A better choice is
https://eztv.re/ep/1922072/the-nevers-s01-part-2-1080p-webrip-aac2-x264-btn/
because at least when you download the episodes you get an actual
episode number with each episode so you know what order to watch them
in. With the way Tubi appears to be setup you either have to accept
watching them as they come in what ever order that is or keep an eye
out for when an episode is going to start and watch enough to be able
to identify what the episode is and see if it is the next episode you
wanted to watch. If it is then great, if not you will need to tune out
the channel and check back when the next episode starts.

I don't know how Tubi expects to get any viewers this way? I mean if
you were bed ridden and had nothing else to watch or if you had the
time and they were showing all of the episodes in order, then you
might catch them but otherwise?

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<9465771b-1b13-4a82-963c-950c0a836a21n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188329&group=rec.arts.tv#188329

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:25:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 18:25 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 2:16:33 PM UTC-4, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:11:19 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >On 2023-06-01 16:10:42 +0000, shawn said:

> A better choice is
> https://eztv.re/ep/1922072/the-nevers-s01-part-2-1080p-webrip-aac2-x264-btn/
> because at least when you download the episodes you get an actual
> episode number with each episode so you know what order to watch them

Just grabbed all three seasons of LASSO, 34 in total, on a free seedbox with a $25 second hand chromebook.

Now for THE NEVERS

tags: watch this! bitches

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5apnj$2s56u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188333&group=rec.arts.tv#188333

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:57:55 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 18:57 UTC

On 2023-06-01 18:16:29 +0000, shawn said:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:11:19 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>> On 2023-06-01 16:10:42 +0000, shawn said:

>>> That's what I'm afraid of. I only knew about it because there were
>>> some reports about it when it first showed up on Tubi and then again
>>> when they did a second round. I looked around and didn't see a
>>> schedule for WBtv Watchlist and didn't find one, but hoped that was
>>> just me not being lucky. It is thought to find a show on there if
>>> there isn't any sort of online schedule you can check in advance for
>>> what they are planning to stream.
>>
>> I only found this:
>>
>> https://tubitv.com/live
>>
>> Apparently "The Nevers" starts up at 10:30am (PDT?) on that WBtv
>> Watchlist channel.
>>
>> I have other plans for today, so I am going to pass.
>>
>> But you can't even *advance* to later times on that Tubi schedule
>> guide, so it's actually pretty damn useles... :/
>
> Yeah, I see that it is on now (2:11 EDT) and there is another episode
> on at around 2:40PM, but all the info you can get is that it is an all
> new episode of THE NEVERS. No clue as to what episode it is.
> A better choice is
> https://eztv.re/ep/1922072/the-nevers-s01-part-2-1080p-webrip-aac2-x264-btn/
> because at least when you download the episodes you get an actual
> episode number with each episode so you know what order to watch them
> in. With the way Tubi appears to be setup you either have to accept
> watching them as they come in what ever order that is or keep an eye
> out for when an episode is going to start and watch enough to be able
> to identify what the episode is and see if it is the next episode you
> wanted to watch. If it is then great, if not you will need to tune out
> the channel and check back when the next episode starts.
>
> I don't know how Tubi expects to get any viewers this way? I mean if
> you were bed ridden and had nothing else to watch or if you had the
> time and they were showing all of the episodes in order, then you
> might catch them but otherwise?

Yeah, I think the FAST streamers think they'll "lose viewers" if they
put out schedule guides - I think they just want people to randomly put
on channels.

But I bet they'd get more viewers if they actually *told* people when
stuff like "The Nevers" was actually airing (and actually told people
which episode it was).

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<4c5265a3-1fac-48f5-b0e2-fdeede9457dbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188335&group=rec.arts.tv#188335

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:09:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 19:09 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 2:58:00 PM UTC-4, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-06-01 18:16:29 +0000, shawn said:
>
> > On Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:11:19 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:

> >> I only found this:
> >>
> >> https://tubitv.com/live
> >>
> >> Apparently "The Nevers" starts up at 10:30am (PDT?) on that WBtv
> >> Watchlist channel.
> >>
> >> I have other plans for today, so I am going to pass.
> >>
> >> But you can't even *advance* to later times on that Tubi schedule
> >> guide, so it's actually pretty damn useles... :/
> >
> > Yeah, I see that it is on now (2:11 EDT) and there is another episode
> > on at around 2:40PM, but all the info you can get is that it is an all
> > new episode of THE NEVERS. No clue as to what episode it is.
> > A better choice is
> > https://eztv.re/ep/1922072/the-nevers-s01-part-2-1080p-webrip-aac2-x264-btn/
> > because at least when you download the episodes you get an actual
> > episode number with each episode so you know what order to watch them
> > in. With the way Tubi appears to be setup you either have to accept
> > watching them as they come in what ever order that is or keep an eye
> > out for when an episode is going to start and watch enough to be able
> > to identify what the episode is and see if it is the next episode you
> > wanted to watch. If it is then great, if not you will need to tune out
> > the channel and check back when the next episode starts.
> >
> > I don't know how Tubi expects to get any viewers this way? I mean if
> > you were bed ridden and had nothing else to watch or if you had the
> > time and they were showing all of the episodes in order, then you
> > might catch them but otherwise?

> Yeah, I think the FAST streamers think they'll "lose viewers" if they
> put out schedule guides - I think they just want people to randomly put
> on channels.
>
> But I bet they'd get more viewers if they actually *told* people when
> stuff like "The Nevers" was actually airing (and actually told people
> which episode it was).

The pirates do all that PLUS include the subtitles. If streaming services want to beat the pirates, they should at least be more competitive and give viewers what they want.

Once I get files on the home PLEX server, it is FAST. And if the PLEX subscription is paid (not the FREE version I use) , the files can be shared to family and friends remotely, for free. ... Hey! Netflix ! ...

You mean I can share encrypted video content from Ohio to Arizona over PLEX?

Yep, that's what I mean. (Depending on upstream bandwidth limits)

And the video can be resized depending on the viewing device. Small phone screens don't need 4K vids, but the 70" Big Screen in Arizona or Utah might.

mime note: I gave up on THE NEVERS. the first two eps downloaded quick, the rest are too slow for my ADHD habits. So I grabbed the 3 eps of FDR instead. (don't have the seedbox space to grab THE NEVERS files over 2GB)

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5bc8m$2u12o$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188359&group=rec.arts.tv#188359

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:14:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:14 UTC

>Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:10:14 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Is this on HBO satellite? I didn't notice that HBO finally brought the
>>show back from the very long hiatus.

>No, they moved it over to the free view category.

Wow. I have no idea what the hell I am paying for in premium channels. I
checked Comcast On Demand. The first 6 episodes are available for an
additional charge and the remaining episodes aren't at all.

>Tubi is carrying it which makes it a pain as it is part of their WBtv
>Watchlist.

I cannot use Tubi. It fails every time I bring it up with the browser.

Thanks for the information.

>. . .

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<u5bdm2$2u9vh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188361&group=rec.arts.tv#188361

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:38:26 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:38 UTC

On 2023-06-02 00:14:14 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:10:14 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> Is this on HBO satellite? I didn't notice that HBO finally brought the
>>> show back from the very long hiatus.
>
>> No, they moved it over to the free view category.
>
> Wow. I have no idea what the hell I am paying for in premium channels. I
> checked Comcast On Demand. The first 6 episodes are available for an
> additional charge and the remaining episodes aren't at all.
>
>> Tubi is carrying it which makes it a pain as it is part of their WBtv
>> Watchlist.
>
> I cannot use Tubi. It fails every time I bring it up with the browser.

That's weird - I use Tubi on a web browser all the time when I am
correcting cast lists on IMDb...

> Thanks for the information.
>
>> . . .

Re: The Nevers episode 07 - It's a Great Day

<auei7id3j24bam78c8abqrkau6v0sssufl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188362&group=rec.arts.tv#188362

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 20:46:48 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:46 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:14:14 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>>Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:10:14 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>>Is this on HBO satellite? I didn't notice that HBO finally brought the
>>>show back from the very long hiatus.
>
>>No, they moved it over to the free view category.
>
>Wow. I have no idea what the hell I am paying for in premium channels. I
>checked Comcast On Demand. The first 6 episodes are available for an
>additional charge and the remaining episodes aren't at all.
>
>>Tubi is carrying it which makes it a pain as it is part of their WBtv
>>Watchlist.
>
>I cannot use Tubi. It fails every time I bring it up with the browser.

Have you tried a different browser? Sometimes that might be the trick.

>Thanks for the information.

You are welcome.