Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:25:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Which Beatle Hated Yoko The Most?
From: swjenkin...@gmail.com (cuppajoe2go)
 by: cuppajoe2go - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:25 UTC

On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 9:41:01 AM UTC-7, curtis...@gmail.com wrote:
> Okay, "hate" might be too strong. But who disliked her the most? My guess is it's either Paul or George. I saw a doc recently which claimed George was furious with Yoko for taking from a box of biscuits he had in the studio.. If you like a person, you don't rage at her for taking a damn biscuit.
>
> Paul perhaps has bigger reasons to dislike Yoko, but he hasn't overtly ranted about Yoko that I know. There have been occasional digs over the years..
>
> I saw Ringo once do a parody of Yoko's vocals, then he caught himself, flashed the peace sign, and said "Love you, Yoko."
>
> So which one is it? That's a serious question, I really don't know.
I get the feeling George's claim of being furious over Yoko's digging into his Digestives was likely metaphoric, though I think I did see his biscuits sitting atop his amp in a couple of pictures. He was probably annoyed to his wit's end with her. Paul, on the other hand, had to deal with her "musical suggestions," among other things, a bit more and I feel he had the rights to mentally stamp a bullseye target directly on her forehead. Ask Paul and, ever the diplomat, you'll not get his truest inner thoughts. Man, I'd sure like to share a few toddies with Paul and get some unfiltered ruminations.

Re: Which Beatle Hated Yoko The Most?

<b36ed513-6c04-4b3c-afe8-bf323175ca66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1886&group=rec.music.beatles#1886

Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: norbertk...@gmail.com (Norbert K)
 by: Norbert K - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:08 UTC

On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 2:25:11 PM UTC-4, cuppajoe2go wrote:
> On Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 9:41:01 AM UTC-7, curtis...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Okay, "hate" might be too strong. But who disliked her the most? My guess is it's either Paul or George. I saw a doc recently which claimed George was furious with Yoko for taking from a box of biscuits he had in the studio. If you like a person, you don't rage at her for taking a damn biscuit.
> >
> > Paul perhaps has bigger reasons to dislike Yoko, but he hasn't overtly ranted about Yoko that I know. There have been occasional digs over the years.
> >
> > I saw Ringo once do a parody of Yoko's vocals, then he caught himself, flashed the peace sign, and said "Love you, Yoko."
> >
> > So which one is it? That's a serious question, I really don't know.
> I get the feeling George's claim of being furious over Yoko's digging into his Digestives was likely metaphoric, though I think I did see his biscuits sitting atop his amp in a couple of pictures. He was probably annoyed to his wit's end with her. Paul, on the other hand, had to deal with her "musical suggestions," among other things, a bit more and I feel he had the rights to mentally stamp a bullseye target directly on her forehead. Ask Paul and, ever the diplomat, you'll not get his truest inner thoughts. Man, I'd sure like to share a few toddies with Paul and get some unfiltered ruminations.

I would, too. McCartney really has to be provoked before he will tackle the issue publicly. E.g., to Yoko's spectacularly bizarre "June with spoon" comments, McCartney replied, "She's said a lot of daft things over the years."