From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Classmates" TV Movie on The Tubi
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:04:33 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 18:04 UTC

This was actually OK.

It helps that it co-stars Anjelica Bette Felini - and while I think
looks every minute of 30 (Google claims she's 28), I still think she is
as sexy as Hell. (I hope the minor tatts she sports in this are fake...)

But unlike Tubi's earlier flick "Crushed", which I thought was an
almost total misfire (even "Blood, Sweat and Cheer" was much funnier
than "Crushed", and it's not even a "comedy"!), "Classmates" is at
least amusing in parts.

This stars Kayden Muller-Janssen as a nerd valedictorian of working
class mom (it's Trina McGee from "Boy Meets World"!!) who is about to
start her first day at some top-line college.

Also going to the same college on her first day is the aimless, cynical
daughter (Felini) of the richie-rich "meat pocket" king (Dan Gauthier -
it depresses me how old he has gotten... :( ), whose father bought her
way into the college.

On the first day, hackers hack the college, shutting down the power,
and mixing up the college's records - now everyone thinks the nerd is
the little rich girl, and visa versa. Felini's character, who hates her
life, embraces the mistaken identities, even though the nerd's classes
are incredibly difficult (stuff like advanced calculus!!), and
convinces the nerd to go along with the switch, so that the nerd can
experience life as a rich girl (and an "easy" schedule).

Wackiness ensues.

This wasn't deep. And it didn't make sense on multiple levels. But the
two leads sell it. (John Michael Higgins also pops up in this as the
college dean.) And it's amusing enough in spots to pull generally it
off.

If you are going to check out a "Tubi original" flick, this is probably
one of your better options. (I think I also thought "Obsessed to Death"
was OK...)