You can't take it with you -- especially when crossing a state line.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)Adam H. Kerman
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)shawn
|| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)shawn

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<u5d6to$382s4$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188406&group=rec.arts.tv#188406

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 09:55:22 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:55 UTC

History's Greatest Mysteries S4E16 'Unlocking the Secrets of Stonehenge'
"It's one of the most famous prehistoric monuments on Earth -- a
mysterious arraignment of stones that have adorned the English
countryside for millennia; nobody knows how the landmark was built or why.

-------------------------------

Stargate: SG-1 S6E01 'Redemption: Part 1'
"O'Neill is still searching for Daniel Jackson's replacement, but is
having little success. The Russian liaison officer thinks one of his
countrymen should be given the opportunity but neither O'Neill or
General Hammond agree with that. Jonas Quinn suggests to Carter that he
would be a good replacement and she agrees, but O'Neill again says no.
Jonas does tag along to Area 51, however, where they view the newest
addition to their arsenal, an X302 fighter that should be able to travel
through hyperspace. Meanwhile, Master Bra'tac arrives at Stargate
Command to tell Teal'c that his wife is seriously ill. They set off but
when they try to return to SGC they are unable to dial in and with good
reason: SGC is under attack by Anubis."

Major General George Hammond: Colonel Chekov feels that, as a symbol to
our joint efforts, a Russian officer should be assigned to join SG-1.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: Over my rotting corpse, sir.
Major General George Hammond: Colonel?
Colonel Jack O'Neill: I'm sorry. Did I say that out loud?
Major General George Hammond: I said I would discuss it with you and
that I was sure you would give it some careful thought.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: And that I will, General, but I'm still pretty
sure I'll say: "Bite Me".
(All of this taking place while Col. Chekov is in the room with them.)

Jack O'Neill: Hey, how come you're not downstairs with the rest of the
eggheads? Not that you're an egghead. Well, you are actually. But in a
good way.
Samantha Carter: I couldn't think down there. They all kept looking at
me for the answer.
Jack O'Neill: Well you do have a penchant for pulling brilliant ideas
out of your butt - head. Out of your head, when we need them.

Samantha Carter: Sir, the X-301 was a modified glider. Now, while many
of the 302's systems were retro-engineered from Goa'uld technology, it
is entirely human built.
Colonel Jack O'Neill: So was the Titanic.

Trivia: Colonel O'Neill's knee injury in this episode was due to an
injury to actor Richard Dean Anderson. He hurt his knee when he slipped
while carrying his 3-year-old daughter just a few days before production
on Season Six commenced.
First episode to air on the Sci-fi channel. Previous seasons had aired
on Showtime.
New opening credits background. No more cross-eyed stoned Ra, now its
close-up artistic shots of the gate dialing. Whee!

Commentary: Martin Wood (director) and James Tichenor (FX Producer).
Nothing particularly special or new in this one.

A couple of general things gleaned from various commentaries. First,
Christopher Judge and Richard Dean Anderson generally refused to do any
heavy lifting. As a result in most situations where someone was wounded
or needed help walking Amanda Tapping got stuck doing the physical
lifting. This is why you always see Carter struggling along helping
people instead of either of the two stronger men. Second, if you had
paid attention you may have noticed that Teal'c rarely runs. Usually
the best he does is a dog-trot and even that is uncommon. The reason
for that is apparently that Christopher Judge was a heavy smoker during
SG-1 and _couldn't_ run full out anymore and even when all he did was
the trot he would be too winded to be able to speak any lines for a
while. You'd think Junior would do something about that. :D

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<u5d8s0$3843f$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188410&group=rec.arts.tv#188410

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:28:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:28 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>Stargate: SG-1 S6E01 'Redemption: Part 1'
>"O'Neill is still searching for Daniel Jackson's replacement, but is
>having little success. The Russian liaison officer thinks one of his
>countrymen should be given the opportunity but neither O'Neill or
>General Hammond agree with that. Jonas Quinn suggests to Carter that he
>would be a good replacement and she agrees, but O'Neill again says no.

I liked the Jonas Quinn character a lot and thought the actor got
screwed. I didn't like depressed/resentful Daniel at all after he got
resurrected.

>. . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<u5dj2q$39d6l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188424&group=rec.arts.tv#188424

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:22:53 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 20:22 UTC

On 6/2/2023 10:28 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S6E01 'Redemption: Part 1'
>> "O'Neill is still searching for Daniel Jackson's replacement, but is
>> having little success. The Russian liaison officer thinks one of his
>> countrymen should be given the opportunity but neither O'Neill or
>> General Hammond agree with that. Jonas Quinn suggests to Carter that he
>> would be a good replacement and she agrees, but O'Neill again says no.
>
> I liked the Jonas Quinn character a lot and thought the actor got
> screwed. I didn't like depressed/resentful Daniel at all after he got
> resurrected.

Well, Daniel was very rarely happy even before he died because O'Neill
kept blowing everything up. ;)

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<gmkk7ih71k7g330alhkg1h5652p60trspg@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188427&group=rec.arts.tv#188427

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 16:37:14 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 20:37 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:22:53 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 6/2/2023 10:28 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Stargate: SG-1 S6E01 'Redemption: Part 1'
>>> "O'Neill is still searching for Daniel Jackson's replacement, but is
>>> having little success. The Russian liaison officer thinks one of his
>>> countrymen should be given the opportunity but neither O'Neill or
>>> General Hammond agree with that. Jonas Quinn suggests to Carter that he
>>> would be a good replacement and she agrees, but O'Neill again says no.
>>
>> I liked the Jonas Quinn character a lot and thought the actor got
>> screwed. I didn't like depressed/resentful Daniel at all after he got
>> resurrected.
>>
>Well, Daniel was very rarely happy even before he died because O'Neill
>kept blowing everything up. ;)

Has anyone ever been happy after being resurrected? I'm reminded of
Buffy's reaction after coming back. Not exactly walking on sunshine.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<u5ds3d$3a9gc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188433&group=rec.arts.tv#188433

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 15:56:47 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 22:56 UTC

On 6/2/2023 1:37 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:22:53 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I liked the Jonas Quinn character a lot and thought the actor got
>>> screwed. I didn't like depressed/resentful Daniel at all after he got
>>> resurrected.
>>>
>> Well, Daniel was very rarely happy even before he died because O'Neill
>> kept blowing everything up. ;)
>
> Has anyone ever been happy after being resurrected? I'm reminded of
> Buffy's reaction after coming back. Not exactly walking on sunshine.

She was before the resurrection.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<646000176.707428770.540366.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188439&group=rec.arts.tv#188439

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:15:33 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:15 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S6E01 'Redemption: Part 1'
>> "O'Neill is still searching for Daniel Jackson's replacement, but is
>> having little success. The Russian liaison officer thinks one of his
>> countrymen should be given the opportunity but neither O'Neill or
>> General Hammond agree with that. Jonas Quinn suggests to Carter that he
>> would be a good replacement and she agrees, but O'Neill again says no.
>
> I liked the Jonas Quinn character a lot and thought the actor got
> screwed. I didn't like depressed/resentful Daniel at all after he got
> resurrected.

I watched the episode last night where the team got kidnapped and memory
wiped and forced into slave labor, and Jack kept calling Daniel Jonas. :-)

>> . . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<u5e6vn$3eop8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188456&group=rec.arts.tv#188456

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 19:02:32 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 02:02 UTC

On 6/2/2023 9:55 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> History's Greatest Mysteries S4E16 'Unlocking the Secrets of Stonehenge'
> "It's one of the most famous prehistoric monuments on Earth -- a
> mysterious arraignment of stones that have adorned the English
> countryside for millennia; nobody knows how the landmark was built or why.
>
> -------------------------------
>
> Stargate: SG-1 S6E01 'Redemption: Part 1'
> "O'Neill is still searching for Daniel Jackson's replacement,

They should get Parker Lewis. He never loses.

but is
> having little success. The Russian liaison officer thinks one of his
> countrymen should be given the opportunity but neither O'Neill or
> General Hammond agree with that. Jonas Quinn suggests to Carter that he
> would be a good replacement and she agrees, but O'Neill again says no.
> Jonas does tag along to Area 51, however, where they view the newest
> addition to their arsenal, an X302 fighter that should be able to travel
> through hyperspace. Meanwhile, Master Bra'tac arrives at Stargate
> Command to tell Teal'c that his wife is seriously ill. They set off but
> when they try to return to SGC they are unable to dial in and with good
> reason: SGC is under attack by Anubis."
>
> Major General George Hammond: Colonel Chekov feels that, as a symbol to
> our joint efforts, a Russian officer should be assigned to join SG-1.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: Over my rotting corpse, sir.
> Major General George Hammond: Colonel?
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: I'm sorry. Did I say that out loud?
> Major General George Hammond: I said I would discuss it with you and
> that I was sure you would give it some careful thought.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: And that I will, General, but I'm still pretty
> sure I'll say: "Bite Me".
> (All of this taking place while Col. Chekov is in the room with them.)
>
> Jack O'Neill: Hey, how come you're not downstairs with the rest of the
> eggheads? Not that you're an egghead. Well, you are actually. But in a
> good way.
> Samantha Carter: I couldn't think down there. They all kept looking at
> me for the answer.
> Jack O'Neill: Well you do have a penchant for pulling brilliant ideas
> out of your butt - head. Out of your head, when we need them.
>
> Samantha Carter: Sir, the X-301 was a modified glider. Now, while many
> of the 302's systems were retro-engineered from Goa'uld technology, it
> is entirely human built.
> Colonel Jack O'Neill: So was the Titanic.
>
> Trivia: Colonel O'Neill's knee injury in this episode was due to an
> injury to actor Richard Dean Anderson. He hurt his knee when he slipped
> while carrying his 3-year-old daughter just a few days before production
> on Season Six commenced.
> First episode to air on the Sci-fi channel. Previous seasons had aired
> on Showtime.
> New opening credits background.  No more cross-eyed stoned Ra, now its
> close-up artistic shots of the gate dialing.  Whee!
>
> Commentary: Martin Wood (director) and James Tichenor (FX Producer).
> Nothing particularly special or new in this one.
>
> A couple of general things gleaned from various commentaries.  First,
> Christopher Judge and Richard Dean Anderson generally refused to do any
> heavy lifting.

Why? Worried about injury?

As a result in most situations where someone was wounded
> or needed help walking Amanda Tapping got stuck doing the physical
> lifting.  This is why you always see Carter struggling along helping
> people instead of either of the two stronger men.  Second, if you had
> paid attention you may have noticed that Teal'c rarely runs.  Usually
> the best he does is a dog-trot and even that is uncommon.

I never noticed before. But now that you mention it, your right! LOL

The reason
> for that is apparently that Christopher Judge was a heavy smoker during
> SG-1 and _couldn't_ run full out anymore and even when all he did was
> the trot he would be too winded to be able to speak any lines for a
> while.  You'd think Junior would do something about that.  :D
>

> What Did You Watch?

I'll do a two-day catch up tomorrow.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<u5e710$3eop8$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188457&group=rec.arts.tv#188457

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 19:03:12 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 02:03 UTC

On 6/2/2023 10:28 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S6E01 'Redemption: Part 1'
>> "O'Neill is still searching for Daniel Jackson's replacement, but is
>> having little success. The Russian liaison officer thinks one of his
>> countrymen should be given the opportunity but neither O'Neill or
>> General Hammond agree with that. Jonas Quinn suggests to Carter that he
>> would be a good replacement and she agrees, but O'Neill again says no.
>
> I liked the Jonas Quinn character a lot and thought the actor got
> screwed.

+1

I didn't like depressed/resentful Daniel at all after he got
> resurrected.
>
>> . . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<u5e860$3eta9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188460&group=rec.arts.tv#188460

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 19:22:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 02:22 UTC

On 6/2/2023 7:02 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> [...]
>> of the 302's systems were retro-engineered from Goa'uld technology, it
>> is entirely human built.
>> Colonel Jack O'Neill: So was the Titanic.
>>
>> Trivia: Colonel O'Neill's knee injury in this episode was due to an
>> injury to actor Richard Dean Anderson. He hurt his knee when he
>> slipped while carrying his 3-year-old daughter just a few days before
>> production on Season Six commenced.
>> First episode to air on the Sci-fi channel. Previous seasons had aired
>> on Showtime.
>> New opening credits background.  No more cross-eyed stoned Ra, now its
>> close-up artistic shots of the gate dialing.  Whee!
>>
>> Commentary: Martin Wood (director) and James Tichenor (FX Producer).
>> Nothing particularly special or new in this one.
>>
>> A couple of general things gleaned from various commentaries.  First,
>> Christopher Judge and Richard Dean Anderson generally refused to do

They just didn't want to do it.

>> As a result in most situations where someone was wounded
>> or needed help walking Amanda Tapping got stuck doing the physical
>> lifting.  This is why you always see Carter struggling along helping
>> people instead of either of the two stronger men.  Second, if you had
>> paid attention you may have noticed that Teal'c rarely runs.  Usually
>> the best he does is a dog-trot and even that is uncommon.
>
> I never noticed before.  But now that you mention it, your right!  LOL

Explains the "stoically silent" act, doesn't it?

>> The reason
>> for that is apparently that Christopher Judge was a heavy smoker
>> during SG-1 and _couldn't_ run full out anymore and even when all he
>> did was the trot he would be too winded to be able to speak any lines
>> for a while.  You'd think Junior would do something about that.  :D
>>

>> What Did You Watch?
>>

> I'll do a two-day catch up tomorrow.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-01 (Thursday)

<o1gl7ipat2g7q5og9sl9qt6a52omlbu7hd@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188464&group=rec.arts.tv#188464

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 00:28:06 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 04:28 UTC

On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 09:55:22 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>What Did You Watch?

I watched TOP CHEF where we got to see the final four battle it out in
a rainy Paris park in front of the Eiffel Tower. I was pleased to see
Sarah win her way into the final three as I feared that her less showy
food might let her down since they were having multiple Michelin
starred chefs serve as judges. We also got the news today that Padma
is leaving the show so they will be looking for a new host for the
next season. Guess she feels like her other shows are doing well
enough to leave TOP CHEF. It's not the travel as her other food shows
have her traveling all over the world.

I also got in the CLASS OF '09 which is discussed in my other thread.