Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 11:25:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:25 UTC

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
>

> ◙ Background:
>
> The basic framework was strikingly simple. The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending.
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret
>

> ◙ 2017:
>
> Saudi Arabia wants to kill the petrodollar
> https://www.rt.com/business/410056-saudi-arabia-petrodollar-economist/
>

> ◙ 2018:
>
> Saudi report threatens Trump over #JamalKhashoggi
>
> 1. Install a Russian base
> 2. Take oil to $200
> 3. Kill the petro dollar
> 4. Stop buying US weapons
>
> US will "stab its own economy to death"
>
> https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1051583051321536513
> https://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2018/10/14/OPINION-US-sanctions-on-Riyadh-means-Washington-is-stabbing-itself.html

Saudi Arabia is snapping up millions of barrels of Russian diesel that Europe no longer allows, while simultaneously sending its own supplies back to buyers in the EU.

The kingdom imported 174,000 barrels a day of the diesel and gas and oil from Russia in April and even more so far this month, data compiled by Bloomberg from analytics firm Kpler show. Simultaneously, it became Europe’s top supplier, leapfrogging Russia since February.

The Middle East country is not sending the same Russian fuel back to Europe as it’s importing, which would be in breach of European Union sanctions. Work at refineries was responsible for imports rising, a person familiar with the matter said. The extra exported fuels, which came from different parts of the country, were made to different specifications and often subject to long-term supply commitments, the person said.

The trade flows are just one example of how the oil market has so far absorbed aggressive western sanctions — and a price cap — on Russian petroleum sales, allowing the country’s crude and fuels to keep flowing in large volumes.

Saudi Arabia Snaps Up Russian Diesel and Sends Its Own to Europe
Prejula Prem May 25, 2023
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-05-25/saudi-arabia-snaps-up-russian-diesel-and-sends-its-own-to-europe

tags: https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/VAESYLQEMUI63C7LFNHEQGYVAA.jpg
tags2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msSLcMkoTzU