He who invents adages for others to peruse takes along rowboat when going on cruise.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [OT] White men need not apply

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] White men need not applyRhino2
`* Re: [OT] White men need not applyBTR1701
 +- Re: [OT] White men need not applytrotsky
 +- Re: [OT] White men need not applyIan J. Ball
 `* Re: [OT] White men need not applyAdam H. Kerman
  `- Re: [OT] White men need not applyBTR1701

1
[OT] White men need not apply

<c6b42c30-f469-459f-84b5-b0781ad7301bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188436&group=rec.arts.tv#188436

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:10:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [OT] White men need not apply
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:10 UTC

It seems that the head of the RAF (Royal Air Force of Britain) is giving orders to increase hiring of women and minority pilots to the point that he is willing not to even teach more white men to fly. At the same time, he asserts that operational readiness is NOT impacted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWUWJ7wJYQ [3 minutes]

Apparently, he's begging the recruiters to persuade more women and minorities to sign up for pilot training, even if they have zero interest and many white men are eager to fly. It seems incredibly unlikely that this will help the RAF maintain its readiness if the women and minority pilots are only there as a result of massive arm-twisting (and regardless of competence) and those who are eager to fly are turned away cold.

Re: [OT] White men need not apply

<L1-dnbZdfaKB4uf5nZ2dnZfqnPph4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188443&group=rec.arts.tv#188443

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] White men need not apply
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 23:45:32 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:45 UTC

On Jun 2, 2023 at 4:10:36 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that the head of the RAF (Royal Air Force of Britain) is giving
> orders to increase hiring of women and minority pilots to the point that he
> is willing not to even teach more white men to fly. At the same time, he
> asserts that operational readiness is NOT impacted!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWUWJ7wJYQ [3 minutes]
>
> Apparently, he's begging the recruiters to persuade more women and minorities
> to sign up for pilot training, even if they have zero interest and many white
> men are eager to fly. It seems incredibly unlikely that this will help the
> RAF maintain its readiness if the women and minority pilots are only there as
> a result of massive arm-twisting (and regardless of competence) and those who
> are eager to fly are turned away cold.

I'd apply anyway and make them turn me down so I could sue their asses off for
racial and gender discrimination and get nice settlement.

Re: [OT] White men need not apply

<sQCeM.633562$Olad.572070@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188483&group=rec.arts.tv#188483

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 03:28:08 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 08:28 UTC

On 6/2/23 6:45 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2023 at 4:10:36 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems that the head of the RAF (Royal Air Force of Britain) is giving
>> orders to increase hiring of women and minority pilots to the point that he
>> is willing not to even teach more white men to fly. At the same time, he
>> asserts that operational readiness is NOT impacted!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWUWJ7wJYQ [3 minutes]
>>
>> Apparently, he's begging the recruiters to persuade more women and minorities
>> to sign up for pilot training, even if they have zero interest and many white
>> men are eager to fly. It seems incredibly unlikely that this will help the
>> RAF maintain its readiness if the women and minority pilots are only there as
>> a result of massive arm-twisting (and regardless of competence) and those who
>> are eager to fly are turned away cold.
>
> I'd apply anyway and make them turn me down so I could sue their asses off for
> racial and gender discrimination and get nice settlement.

Wouldn't you need a valid identity for that? Well, well anonyshitted
and Oath Keeper'd nonetheless.

Re: [OT] White men need not apply

<u5frbn$3k3gn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188533&group=rec.arts.tv#188533

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 09:56:23 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 16:56 UTC

On 2023-06-02 23:45:32 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> On Jun 2, 2023 at 4:10:36 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems that the head of the RAF (Royal Air Force of Britain) is giving
>> orders to increase hiring of women and minority pilots to the point that he
>> is willing not to even teach more white men to fly. At the same time, he
>> asserts that operational readiness is NOT impacted!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWUWJ7wJYQ [3 minutes]
>>
>> Apparently, he's begging the recruiters to persuade more women and minorities
>> to sign up for pilot training, even if they have zero interest and many white
>> men are eager to fly. It seems incredibly unlikely that this will help the
>> RAF maintain its readiness if the women and minority pilots are only there as
>> a result of massive arm-twisting (and regardless of competence) and those who
>> are eager to fly are turned away cold.
>
> I'd apply anyway and make them turn me down so I could sue their asses off for
> racial and gender discrimination and get nice settlement.

This is the UK - you would likely lose that suit.

The only place you would have a chance of winning it is in the U.S.,
and that's because, ironically, the neo-racists/sexists can't figure
out a way around the 14th Amendment these days.

Re: [OT] White men need not apply

<u5g4dr$3l0kn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188553&group=rec.arts.tv#188553

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 19:31:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 19:31 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Jun 2, 2023 at 4:10:36 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>It seems that the head of the RAF (Royal Air Force of Britain) is giving
>>orders to increase hiring of women and minority pilots to the point that he
>>is willing not to even teach more white men to fly. At the same time, he
>>asserts that operational readiness is NOT impacted!

>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWUWJ7wJYQ [3 minutes]

>>Apparently, he's begging the recruiters to persuade more women and minorities
>>to sign up for pilot training, even if they have zero interest and many white
>>men are eager to fly. It seems incredibly unlikely that this will help the
>>RAF maintain its readiness if the women and minority pilots are only there as
>>a result of massive arm-twisting (and regardless of competence) and those who
>>are eager to fly are turned away cold.

>I'd apply anyway and make them turn me down so I could sue their asses off for
>racial and gender discrimination and get nice settlement.

The Government's argument:

Plaintiff had the ability to perceive himself to be of another race and
of another sex than the race and sex he was born as. He failed to avail
himself of the opportunity to be hired. This doesn't rise to the level
of an equal protection violation, Your Honor, because plaintiff hasn't
demonstrated that cis-gendered white males who believe themselves to be a
member of a protected class are treated in a different manner than others
who believe themselves to be other than what they were born as.

The government did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment.

Re: [OT] White men need not apply

<T3ydnbRU1up_C-b5nZ2dnZfqnPph4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188559&group=rec.arts.tv#188559

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 19:39:14 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 19:39 UTC

On Jun 3, 2023 at 12:31:08 PM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 2, 2023 at 4:10:36 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> It seems that the head of the RAF (Royal Air Force of Britain) is giving
>>> orders to increase hiring of women and minority pilots to the point that he
>>> is willing not to even teach more white men to fly. At the same time, he
>>> asserts that operational readiness is NOT impacted!
>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaWUWJ7wJYQ [3 minutes]
>
>>> Apparently, he's begging the recruiters to persuade more women and minorities
>>> to sign up for pilot training, even if they have zero interest and many white
>>> men are eager to fly. It seems incredibly unlikely that this will help the
>>> RAF maintain its readiness if the women and minority pilots are only there as
>>> a result of massive arm-twisting (and regardless of competence) and those who
>>> are eager to fly are turned away cold.
>
>> I'd apply anyway and make them turn me down so I could sue their asses off
>> for
>> racial and gender discrimination and get nice settlement.
>
> The Government's argument:
>
> Plaintiff had the ability to perceive himself to be of another race and
> of another sex than the race and sex he was born as. He failed to avail
> himself of the opportunity to be hired. This doesn't rise to the level
> of an equal protection violation, Your Honor, because plaintiff hasn't
> demonstrated that cis-gendered white males who believe themselves to be a
> member of a protected class are treated in a different manner than others
> who believe themselves to be other than what they were born as.
>
> The government did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment.

We laugh, but this language will be in a DOJ brief within five years.