From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: THE NIGHT AGENT - Season 1 Episode 7 - Best Served Cold
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 23:04:44 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 03:04 UTC

We start with a cut back to 14 years ago when Redfield is on the phone
talking about his campaign while his two young girls are fighting over
a toy in the backyard. One goes inside while Redfield also goes inside
on the second floor leaving Sarah alone where she then goes into the
covered area protecting the pool. She dies and Redfield clearly blames
Maddie for Sarah's death even though she's just a little girl. No
wonder she turns against him.

Then we cut to the current time where we see Maddie and her captor. He
takes about a picture of her holding the current days paper. Meanwhile
we see Peter out on the boat dealing with the death of Cisco, his best
friend. And the two of them kiss and then head downstairs for some
private time.

We have the Secret Service agents along with other searching Peter's
place when they come to a realization that something isn't right. That
Peter isn't the sort to takes Maddie and nothing points to him doing
it other than the VP claiming he did it or that at least he is a
suspect. So they decide to follow up on the flyer they found at the
dead artist's place.

Diane lies over and over again to the President about what she and
Peter talked about. Meanwhile the Secret Service talk to Dylan at New
Leaf and find out about Mateo's relationship with the dead artist.

They then go back to Peter and Rose talking about his dad and how he
ended up being charged with leaking classified information. They are
then trying to crack the FBI system to see if there's something they
missed.

The kidnapper (Mateo) delivers his message to Diane's bad guy. She
shows it to the VP which tells him to confess that he planned the
metro bombing and covered it up within two days. Also to admit to all
of his accomplices or he will have Maddie tell the world what he did.
Maddie tries to get the kidnapper to work with him and tells him of
the video.

Peter and Rose have got into the FBI database and see some sign of
Colin Worley possibly being the bomber. Diane orders the two SS agents
to stop investigating Mateo as she doesn't want anyone looking into
anything else but Peter Sutherland. (or at least she orders them to
not do anything else.) Diane then calls her guy,Gordon, and tells him
about Mateo.

Then Maddie tells Mateo about what was on the tape. It was Maddie
confronting her dad about what happened on the day Sarah died. That he
left the pool gate open and he left the two of them by the pool alone,
but he has continued to blame Maddie for Sarah's death all this time.
He then hits her and tells her to say her lines like always. Maddie
continues to work on trying to escape when left alone which is
probably going to play a role in whatever happens.

Meanwhile our female assassin confronts Gordon and wants to know where
Peter is. Gordon doesn't know but makes a deal if she takes out Mateo
he will find Peter. The SS agents track down Peter's old friend and
get some clues as to where Peter might be while Peter and XXX track
down some info on Colin Worley and his connection to a company named
Allontine Manufacturing, which is a subsidiary of Turn Lake
Industries. Thus starting to make the actual connections that could
bring the whole conspiracy down.

And our two plucky SS agents find Peter and Rose and detain them, thus
ending the episode.

Re: THE NIGHT AGENT - Season 1 Episode 7 - Best Served Cold

<h72cnWqPjq4Am-b5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188497&group=rec.arts.tv#188497

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 09:23:41 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 09:23 UTC

On Jun 2, 2023 at 8:04:44 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> but he has continued to blame Maddie for Sarah's death all this time.
> He then hits her and tells her to say her lines like always. Maddie
> continues to work on trying to escape when left alone which is
> probably going to play a role in whatever happens.
>
> Meanwhile our female assassin confronts Gordon and wants to know where
> Peter is. Gordon doesn't know but makes a deal if she takes out Mateo
> he will find Peter. The SS agents track down Peter's old friend and
> get some clues as to where Peter might be while Peter and XXX track
> down some info on Colin Worley and his connection to a company named
> Allontine Manufacturing, which is a subsidiary of Turn Lake
> Industries. Thus starting to make the actual connections that could
> bring the whole conspiracy down.
>
> And our two plucky SS agents find Peter and Rose and detain them, thus

How the hell is the VP getting away from his USSS detail and the mil-aide with
football and everyone else who is required to know where the VP is at all
times. He's walking around dark parking garages all alone like he's just some
anonymous government employee. (There are no parking garages on the White
House Complex, so wherever they're having their clandestine meetings, it's
somewhere else in the city, so we're supposed to believe the vice president
just walked out of the White House and strolled off into DC and no one noticed
he's gone and no one on the streets recognized him. Ya right.)

And why the hell isn't Sutherland making any effort to disguise himself? He's
the most wanted man in America and he doesn't even put on a ballcap and
sunglasses?

Re: THE NIGHT AGENT - Season 1 Episode 7 - Best Served Cold

<qd2m7i9h631k1rrcfpvrvlmeu9ehi0g8ap@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188499&group=rec.arts.tv#188499

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 05:39:39 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 09:39 UTC

On Sat, 03 Jun 2023 09:23:41 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> Allontine Manufacturing, which is a subsidiary of Turn Lake
>> Industries. Thus starting to make the actual connections that could
>> bring the whole conspiracy down.
>>
>> And our two plucky SS agents find Peter and Rose and detain them, thus
>> ending the episode.
>
>How the hell is the VP getting away from his USSS detail and the mil-aide with
>football and everyone else who is required to know where the VP is at all
>times. He's walking around dark parking garages all alone like he's just some
>anonymous government employee. (There are no parking garages on the White
>House Complex, so wherever they're having their clandestine meetings, it's
>somewhere else in the city, so we're supposed to believe the vice president
>just walked out of the White House and strolled off into DC and no one noticed
>he's gone and no one on the streets recognized him. Ya right.)

Um... I got nothing... Oh and don't forget this is during a time when
his daughter has been kidnapped so one has to imagine everyone is on
high alert.

>And why the hell isn't Sutherland making any effort to disguise himself? He's
>the most wanted man in America and he doesn't even put on a ballcap and
>sunglasses?

Because if he did that no one would recognize him. I mean at that
distance and through the car window no one would have given him a
second glance if he wore a ball cap and maybe some sunglasses.