As well look for a needle in a bottle of hay. -- Miguel de Cervantes

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
|`* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
| +* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
| |`* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programminganim8rfsk
| | +* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingshawn
| | |+- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingshawn
| | |`- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
| | `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingUbiquitous
| |  `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programminganim8rfsk
| |   `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
| |    +* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingIan J. Ball
| |    |+* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programminganim8rfsk
| |    ||`* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
| |    || `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programminganim8rfsk
| |    ||  `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingDimensional Traveler
| |    ||   `- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programminganim8rfsk
| |    |`- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
| |    `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
| |     +* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingA Friend
| |     |`* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
| |     | `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingDimensional Traveler
| |     |  `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
| |     |   `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingDimensional Traveler
| |     |    `- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
| |     +* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingIan J. Ball
| |     |+- Plain text (was: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming)Adam H. Kerman
| |     |`- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingUbiquitous
| |     +- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingshawn
| |     `- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programmingBTR1701
| `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
|  `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected prograDimensional Traveler
|   `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
|    `* Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected prograDimensional Traveler
|     `- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk
+- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
`- Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’sanim8rfsk

Pages:12
June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<1191455817.707540602.964639.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188590&group=rec.arts.tv#188590

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 20:10:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 03:10 UTC

June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

Note: This site purports to list all of Tubi's June releases, including a
very long list of Tubi Originals:

https://www.vitalthrills.com/tubi-june-2023/

As with listings on The Futon Critic, Tubi's dedicated page for an original
film, when it exists, states the release date as the day before the day
given on this site. IMDb also gives the release date as the day after the
date stated by Tubi. I do not know the reason for the discrepancy and will
continue to list the film under the date given on the third-party sites.

Already released:

Where the Tracks End [El Último Vagón] (movie) (Netflix)

In rural Mexico, teacher Georgina is determined to make a difference in the
lives of the young, bright students she educates in a railcar classroom.
Mexican film; 1h 36m.

Apparently not previously announced but added to Netflix on or about May
28.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81408600

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21735972/

Saturday, June 3

TLC Forever (documentary) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

The revolutionary top-selling American female group of all time, who broke
boundaries, influenced an entire generation and survived against all odds,
T-Boz and Chilli tell their story for the first time in this feature
documentary.

https://www.mylifetime.com/specials/tlc-forever

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13220796/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLC_(group)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J1LMW6sHfk

Wedding Season (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Journalist Trish is on back-to-back bridesmaid duty for her three best
friends. Finding herself without a date, she pairs up with photographer
Ryan, the brother of her best friend. Stars Stephanie Bennett and Casey
Deidrick.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/wedding-season

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27689885/

Act Your Age (season 1 summer premiere) (8 and 8:30 pm, two
episodes, Bounce TV)

Bernadette, Keisha, and Angela are making the rest of their lives the best
of their lives as roommates in a penthouse Bernadette owns in the DMV. This
comedy looks at what it means to be a woman in the prime of her life trying
to find love, parenting adult children, living with friends, and redefining
what it means to ACT YOUR AGE.

Regular time is 8 pm only.

https://www.bouncetv.com/show/act-your-age/57065/

Sunday, June 4

Lyla (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

A psychological thriller mystery. A husband takes his family on a get away
to escape the distractions of society in order to complete his first book.
He begins his fight to retain focus and sanity after multiple visits from
mysterious strangers that seem to know him all too well. His wife's
intentions come into question due to a secret she is willing to do anything
to protect, even if that means pushing her husband over the edge of
insanity. Stars Jolene Andersen and others. 1h 22m. Tubi gives June 3 as
the release date.

https://gordoncowie.com/cinematography-blogs/lyla-offical-trailer/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15559878/

https://tubitv.com/movies/100004015/lyla

Joe Pickett (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

The former Spectrum Originals series starring Michael Dorman as a Wyoming
game warden moves to Paramount+ for its second season. Ten episodes; two
episodes stream today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUuoFSUHFhs

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/joe-pickett/season-2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14271652/

The Wedding Wish (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

A diehard romantic sets the date for her wedding despite still being
single. As she goes on a quest to find a fiancé, she's unaware true love
might be right under her nose. Stars Kabby Borders and Alex Trumble.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21949620/

https://uptv.com/movies/the-wedding-wish/

Danger Below Deck (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Two influencers find themselves on a luxury cruise through the Caribbean
and South Pacific. But when their dream vacation turns into a nightmare,
they’ll need to do whatever it takes to stay together… and to stay alive.
Stars Katherine McNamara, Jasmine Sky Sarin, Eric Bruneau, Anthony Timpano
and Armand Assante.

Note: This appears to be the US premiere, but according to the IMDb the
film has been available in Canada and Australia via streaming since
November 2022.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/danger-below-deck

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12402658/ [as "Sugar"]

The Lazarus Project [new to US] (9 pm, TNT)

Rescheduled from January. This eight-hour series follows a secretive
organization that has the ability to send the world back in time whenever
the planet is faced with an existential threat, leaving only a handful of
people to remember the events thus erased. Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy
You) stars alongside Tom Burke, Anjli Mohindra, and Caroline Quentin.
Season one was shown in the UK in June 2022 on Sky Max. Production on a
second season is now underway in the UK, though it is unclear if TNT has
already committed to carrying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVqkZ3g1uz8

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-lazarus-project/season-1 [score 72]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14190592/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lazarus_Project_(TV_series)

The Idol [new] (9 pm, HBO)

After a nervous breakdown derailed Jocelyn's (Lily-Rose Depp) last tour,
she's determined to claim her rightful status as the greatest and sexiest
pop star in America. Her passions are reignited by Tedros (Abel "The
Weeknd" Tesfaye), a nightclub impresario with a sordid past. The sprawling
cast also features Troye Sivan, Dan Levy, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Eli Roth,
Hari Nef, Suzanna Son, Jane Adams, Moses Sumney, Rachel Sennott, Elizabeth
Berkley, TV on the Radio's Tunde Adebimpe, Blackpink's Jennie, and Hank
Azaria, plus the late Anne Heche in her final TV performance. Six episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVYUKxF0wMc

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-idol-2023/season-1 [score 24]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14954666/

HouseBroken (special time) (9 and 9:30 pm, two episodes, Fox)

On hiatus until June 25 after tonight.

The Eric Andre Show (season 6 premiere) (midnight, Adult Swim)

Season 6 guests include Jon Hamm, Lil Nas X, Natasha Lyonne, Diplo,
Raven-Simoné, and Lil Yachty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9NGiph9L8

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-eric-andre-show/season-6

Monday, June 5

The Age of Influence [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
Hulu)

"The Age of Influence" is a documentary series that examines the dark side
of influencer culture through some of the biggest social media scandals of
our time. From sweeping cons to viral cancellation campaigns, the series
gives an unfiltered look at the rise and fall of infamous influencers -
among them "Swiffer Girl" victim-turned-grifter Danielle Miller,
influencer-turned-Ponzi schemer Jay Mazini and fiber diet-feuders Tanya
Zuckerbrot and Emily Gellis. Watch the drama unfold as these taste-makers
become caught in the controversial crosshairs of their own curated online
worlds.

Barracuda Queens [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Barracuda Queens is a girl gang heist series following a group of
disaffected teenagers who, bored of their privileged lives, become involved
in an escalating campaign of house burglaries targeting their rich
neighbors. Swedish series; six episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lem5MklI5ow

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20833168/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81481477/

American Ninja Warrior (season 15 premiere) (8-10 pm,
NBC)

Stars on Mars [new] (8 pm, Fox)

Celebrities including Natasha Leggero, Ariel Winter, Tinashe, Marshawn
Lynch, Ronda Rousey, and Lance Armstrong compete to survive in a simulated
Mars habitat in a competition series hosted by William Shatner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MUgLDuZFKA

https://www.fox.com/stars-on-mars/

Crime Scene Kitchen (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Fox)

Six self-taught baking teams arrive at the Crime Scene Kitchen to start
their hunt for clues, leading them to the mystery dessert. The teams with
the best crime-solving technique advance to the next week, and the duo with
the poorest performance of the night heads home.

Cruel Summer (season 2 premiere) (9 and 10 pm, two
episodes, Freeform)

Set in an idyllic waterfront town in the Pacific Northwest, the next
chapter of the anthology series follows the rise and fall of an intense
teenage friendship. Approaching the story from three different timelines
surrounding Y2K, the season twists and turns as it tracks the early
friendship between Megan, Isabella and Megan's best friend Luke, the love
triangle that blossomed, and the mystery that would impact all of their
lives going forward. Regular time is 10 pm only.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<7v2o7ihhfelfge54buhqhqd5t3et842h4k@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188595&group=rec.arts.tv#188595

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin???s selected programming
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 00:01:33 -0400
 by: shawn - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 04:01 UTC

On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 20:10:24 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

>Note: This site purports to list all of Tubi's June releases, including a
>very long list of Tubi Originals:
>
>https://www.vitalthrills.com/tubi-june-2023/
>
>As with listings on The Futon Critic, Tubi's dedicated page for an original
>film, when it exists, states the release date as the day before the day
>given on this site. IMDb also gives the release date as the day after the
>date stated by Tubi. I do not know the reason for the discrepancy and will
>continue to list the film under the date given on the third-party sites.

>The Lazarus Project [new to US] (9 pm, TNT)
>
>Rescheduled from January. This eight-hour series follows a secretive
>organization that has the ability to send the world back in time whenever
>the planet is faced with an existential threat, leaving only a handful of
>people to remember the events thus erased. Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy
>You) stars alongside Tom Burke, Anjli Mohindra, and Caroline Quentin.
>Season one was shown in the UK in June 2022 on Sky Max. Production on a
>second season is now underway in the UK, though it is unclear if TNT has
>already committed to carrying it.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/the-lazarus-project-picked-up-for-season-2-at-tnt-1235370050/

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<u5hcoj$3sqbg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188601&group=rec.arts.tv#188601

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 23:59:31 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 06:59 UTC

On 2023-06-04 03:10:24 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Note: This site purports to list all of Tubi's June releases, including a
> very long list of Tubi Originals:
>
> https://www.vitalthrills.com/tubi-june-2023/

I bet Tubi will sneak in at least a couple that aren't on this list...

Also: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "ECHO BASE"?!?!!! ;p

> Saturday, June 3
>

> TLC Forever (documentary) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> The revolutionary top-selling American female group of all time, who broke
> boundaries, influenced an entire generation and survived against all odds,
> T-Boz and Chilli tell their story for the first time in this feature
> documentary.

I like them, but certainly not enough to watch a 2-hour doc!!

> Wedding Season (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Journalist Trish is on back-to-back bridesmaid duty for her three best
> friends. Finding herself without a date, she pairs up with photographer
> Ryan, the brother of her best friend. Stars Stephanie Bennett and Casey
> Deidrick.

Recorded, for Stephanie Bennett.

> Sunday, June 4
>

> Lyla (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A psychological thriller mystery. A husband takes his family on a get away
> to escape the distractions of society in order to complete his first book.
> He begins his fight to retain focus and sanity after multiple visits from
> mysterious strangers that seem to know him all too well. His wife's
> intentions come into question due to a secret she is willing to do anything
> to protect, even if that means pushing her husband over the edge of
> insanity. Stars Jolene Andersen and others. 1h 22m. Tubi gives June 3 as
> the release date.

I dunno... Maybe?

> Joe Pickett (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> The former Spectrum Originals series starring Michael Dorman as a Wyoming
> game warden moves to Paramount+ for its second season. Ten episodes; two
> episodes stream today.

FUCK PARAMOUNT!! ;)

> The Wedding Wish (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> A diehard romantic sets the date for her wedding despite still being
> single. As she goes on a quest to find a fiancé, she's unaware true love
> might be right under her nose. Stars Kabby Borders and Alex Trumble.

I like Kabby Borders OK, but it's UPtv, and that's one of my "low-def"
channels!!

> Danger Below Deck (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Two influencers find themselves on a luxury cruise through the Caribbean
> and South Pacific. But when their dream vacation turns into a nightmare,
> they’ll need to do whatever it takes to stay together… and to stay alive.
> Stars Katherine McNamara, Jasmine Sky Sarin, Eric Bruneau, Anthony Timpano
> and Armand Assante.
>
> Note: This appears to be the US premiere, but according to the IMDb the
> film has been available in Canada and Australia via streaming since
> November 2022.

Am also recording this, though I may watch it live. Anything with
Katherine McNamara is a "Yes!"

> The Lazarus Project [new to US] (9 pm, TNT)
>
> Rescheduled from January. This eight-hour series follows a secretive
> organization that has the ability to send the world back in time whenever
> the planet is faced with an existential threat, leaving only a handful of
> people to remember the events thus erased. Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy
> You) stars alongside Tom Burke, Anjli Mohindra, and Caroline Quentin.
> Season one was shown in the UK in June 2022 on Sky Max. Production on a
> second season is now underway in the UK, though it is unclear if TNT has
> already committed to carrying it.

Meh... I'll wait for the reviews from here.

> The Idol [new] (9 pm, HBO)
>
> After a nervous breakdown derailed Jocelyn's (Lily-Rose Depp) last tour,
> she's determined to claim her rightful status as the greatest and sexiest
> pop star in America. Her passions are reignited by Tedros (Abel "The
> Weeknd" Tesfaye), a nightclub impresario with a sordid past. The sprawling
> cast also features Troye Sivan, Dan Levy, Da'Vine Joy Randolph, Eli Roth,
> Hari Nef, Suzanna Son, Jane Adams, Moses Sumney, Rachel Sennott, Elizabeth
> Berkley, TV on the Radio's Tunde Adebimpe, Blackpink's Jennie, and Hank
> Azaria, plus the late Anne Heche in her final TV performance. Six episodes.

Again, this is supposed to be *filthy*, but not in a good way... But I
may still check it out.

> Monday, June 5
>

> Barracuda Queens [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Barracuda Queens is a girl gang heist series following a group of
> disaffected teenagers who, bored of their privileged lives, become involved
> in an escalating campaign of house burglaries targeting their rich
> neighbors. Swedish series; six episodes.

Once again: As a movie? Maybe. As a series? No.

> Cruel Summer (season 2 premiere) (9 and 10 pm, two
> episodes, Freeform)
>
> Set in an idyllic waterfront town in the Pacific Northwest, the next
> chapter of the anthology series follows the rise and fall of an intense
> teenage friendship. Approaching the story from three different timelines
> surrounding Y2K, the season twists and turns as it tracks the early
> friendship between Megan, Isabella and Megan's best friend Luke, the love
> triangle that blossomed, and the mystery that would impact all of their
> lives going forward. Regular time is 10 pm only.

OK. But I will wait for all of the episodes of this to drop, and then
binge it after the end. Season #1 could only be watched in
"binge-format" IMO.

> Tuesday, June 6
>

> Deadly Secrets of a Cam Girl (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A struggling student working to make ends meet as a cam girl finds herself
> in a mysterious and deadly web of lies when a special subscriber goes
> missing. Apparently stars Stephanie Sanchez, Chase Anderson, and Olivia
> Day. No Tubi page.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23770662/

Stephanie Sanchez is "new" apparently... I dunno - I would have been
more likely to check this out on Lifetime.

> Thursday, June 8
>

> Streaming:
>

> Based on a True Story [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Peacock)
>
> Actually based on a (bizarre) true story, and aiming to capture American
> audiences' obsession with true crime tales, Peacock's darkly comedic
> thriller finds a realtor, a tennis star, and a plumber walking into a bar
> entangled in a Los Angeles murder. Kaley Cuoco, Chris Messina, and Tom
> Bateman star. All eight episodes stream today.

Meh...

> The Stepmother 3 (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Elizabeth Carter (Erica Mena) will again stop at nothing to find her
> perfect family, but her dangerous past catches up to her when the families
> she’s ruined seek to put an end to her terror. No Tubi page.

Lifetime really needs to copy this concept - bring back on of their
better villains, but have their former victims go after them.

AFAICR, only "Stalked by My Doctor: Patient's Revenge" has really tried
to mine this formula. (I guess "Mommy's Deadly Con Artist" did a little
bit too, though I think it was produced back-to-back with the first
film.) I can't think of another Lifetime film that has.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Betrayed By My Bridesmaid (movie; cable premiere) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Katie and Tom are full of excitement as they plan their dream wedding in
> Tom’s hometown. Knowing Katie’s troubled and unreliable sister, Connie, is
> in rehab, Katie is relieved to have her best friend and maid of honor,
> Amanda, plan everything. To Katie’s surprise, though, Connie is released
> from rehab just in time for the wedding and seems more stable than ever.
> Skeptical, Katie reluctantly includes Connie in her bridal party. But not
> long after Connie is back in the fold do things begin to unravel, testing
> Katie and Tom’s dedication to one another. As a few small pranks turn into
> Katie fearing for her life, Connie is blamed for everything as the most
> obvious culprit. However, when Katie learns Amanda has been framing Connie
> so she can have Tom for herself, Katie is able to save her sister and stop
> Amanda from ruining their lives forever. Stars Ashley Dakin, Steven He,
> Shana Goodman and Meghan Perry.

This looks pretty silly. I guess I will watch.

> Note: This has been available on the Lifetime Movie Club streaming service,
> apparently since October 2022.

I have to decide if I am going to get the LMC free trial period to try
and fill in/correct some cast lists on IMDb for some older Lifetime
flicks...

Click here to read the complete article
Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<261454082.707559682.329674.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188603&group=rec.arts.tv#188603

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 02:22:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 09:22 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Note: This site purports to list all of Tubi's June releases, including a
> very long list of Tubi Originals:

She’s doing that just for you, Ian.

> Already released:

> Saturday, June 3

> Sunday, June 4
>

> The Lazarus Project [new to US] (9 pm, TNT)
>
> Rescheduled from January. This eight-hour series follows a secretive
> organization that has the ability to send the world back in time whenever
> the planet is faced with an existential threat, leaving only a handful of
> people to remember the events thus erased. Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy
> You) stars alongside Tom Burke, Anjli Mohindra, and Caroline Quentin.
> Season one was shown in the UK in June 2022 on Sky Max. Production on a
> second season is now underway in the UK, though it is unclear if TNT has
> already committed to carrying it.

Does anybody re-run Se7en Days?

Set to record

> Monday, June 5
>

> The Age of Influence [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
> Hulu)
>
> "The Age of Influence" is a documentary series that examines the dark side
> of influencer culture through some of the biggest social media scandals of
> our time. From sweeping cons to viral cancellation campaigns, the series
> gives an unfiltered look at the rise and fall of infamous influencers -
> among them "Swiffer Girl" victim-turned-grifter Danielle Miller,
> influencer-turned-Ponzi schemer Jay Mazini and fiber diet-feuders Tanya
> Zuckerbrot and Emily Gellis. Watch the drama unfold as these taste-makers
> become caught in the controversial crosshairs of their own curated online
> worlds.

I haven’t heard of any of these people

> American Ninja Warrior (season 15 premiere) (8-10 pm,
> NBC)

Obvious watches this

> Stars on Mars [new] (8 pm, Fox)
>
> Celebrities including Natasha Leggero, Ariel Winter, Tinashe, Marshawn
> Lynch, Ronda Rousey, and Lance Armstrong compete to survive in a simulated
> Mars habitat in a competition series hosted by William Shatner.

Yes, I’ve had this set to record for some time. Even if this is lowering
the definition of “stars“ below any level I ever imagined.

> Cruel Summer (season 2 premiere) (9 and 10 pm, two
> episodes, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Tuesday, June 6

> Wednesday, June 7
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Thursday, June 8
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> 100 Days to Indy (season 1 finale) (9 pm, CW)

The C dub must die

> Friday, June 9
>

> Streaming:
>

> Renfield (movie; streaming premiere) (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> Renfield, Dracula's henchman and inmate at the lunatic asylum for decades,
> longs for a life away from the Count, his various demands, and all of the
> bloodshed that comes with them. 1h 33m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11358390/
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/06/renfield-streaming-premiere-date-peacock-1235399019/

Really? Wasn’t that in theaters like two weeks ago? Adding to list. Oh.
Wait. Peacock just fucked me over and started charging for everything.
Never mind.

> Brooklyn 45 (movie) (3:01 am, Shudder)

Ian is our dedicated viewer for Shudder

> Match Me in Miami [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, The Roku
> Channel)
>
> "Match Me in Miami" spotlights an elite matchmaking agency challenged with
> coupling up singles in the city where the party never ends. Eight episodes.

Robin and obviously trying to get me to sign up with a Roku. This isn’t
helping their case.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New (movie) (9 pm,
> Hallmark M&M)
>
> Young Aurora Teagarden returns home to Lawrenceton after college to pursue
> her post-grad degree and finds herself embroiled in a mystery involving her
> friend Sally's fiancé. Stars Skyler Samuels, Evan Roderick and Marilu
> Henner.
>
> https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/aurora-teagarden-mysteries-something-new
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27075102/

Without Alexa, I don’t have a Doig in this race.

Still, I watched all the other movies I suppose I’ll give this a look.

Or perhaps not. I said AURORA TEAGARDEN to the DVR. And it’s giving me a TV
series from 2015. A movie from 2016. Both of which use the same image of a
woman that doesn’t look like the one I remember. Then they’re showing me
another movie from 2017 and there’s the women I know. And then 25 more
movies listed individually (25? How the hell did that happen?)

OK so none of this seems to be the new project.

I try other permutations like including “something new“ and 2023 and this
thing just doesn’t show up. The best I can find are previews on YouTube.

All right, I’m going to hunt the guide manually and see if it’s there that
way.

Finally found the hallmark murders mysteries mayhem. They’re showing a
murder she wrote marathon.

OK on the day and question they’re having an Aurora Teagarden marathon and
they’re all the original series.

Somebody screwed the pooch on this one big time.

OK, finally found it, in the middle of another Aurora Teagarden marathon on
another day. And by telling the DVR to only record new Aurora Teagarden
mysteries, it actually picked out just that one.

Yay?

Here’s what I should’ve done in the first place. I told the DVR to search
for Skyler Samuels. That brings up the very first hit I originally got
which is for the entire series and then checking for upcoming within that
shows the new stuff as a continuation of the original And they’re numbering
at S01E19.

They are making me work for it.

The new Sally is:
Kayla Heller
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8134559/

They seem to have yanked her out of Superman and lame ass. She seems
improbably hot for the girl that can never get a date!

> (end)

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<1682913027.707640194.620361.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188696&group=rec.arts.tv#188696

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 00:01:23 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 07:01 UTC

> On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 20:10:24 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Note: This site purports to list all of Tubi's June releases, including a
>> very long list of Tubi Originals:
>>
>> https://www.vitalthrills.com/tubi-june-2023/
>>
>> As with listings on The Futon Critic, Tubi's dedicated page for an original
>> film, when it exists, states the release date as the day before the day
>> given on this site. IMDb also gives the release date as the day after the
>> date stated by Tubi. I do not know the reason for the discrepancy and will
>> continue to list the film under the date given on the third-party sites.
>

>> The Lazarus Project [new to US] (9 pm, TNT)
>>
>> Rescheduled from January. This eight-hour series follows a secretive
>> organization that has the ability to send the world back in time whenever
>> the planet is faced with an existential threat, leaving only a handful of
>> people to remember the events thus erased. Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy
>> You) stars alongside Tom Burke, Anjli Mohindra, and Caroline Quentin.
>> Season one was shown in the UK in June 2022 on Sky Max. Production on a
>> second season is now underway in the UK, though it is unclear if TNT has
>> already committed to carrying it.
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/05/the-lazarus-project-picked-up-for-season-2-at-tnt-1235370050/

The picture quality (dark and muddy and soft and green) was so awful the
show was unwatchable.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<h37r7idps1hdsp0o2p71bmtsb9kg4o2jqc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188697&group=rec.arts.tv#188697

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 04:27:59 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 08:27 UTC

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 00:01:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 20:10:24 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Note: This site purports to list all of Tubi's June releases, including a
>>> very long list of Tubi Originals:
>>>
>>> https://www.vitalthrills.com/tubi-june-2023/
>>>
>>> As with listings on The Futon Critic, Tubi's dedicated page for an original
>>> film, when it exists, states the release date as the day before the day
>>> given on this site. IMDb also gives the release date as the day after the
>>> date stated by Tubi. I do not know the reason for the discrepancy and will
>>> continue to list the film under the date given on the third-party sites.
>>

>>> The Lazarus Project [new to US] (9 pm, TNT)
>>>
>>> Rescheduled from January. This eight-hour series follows a secretive
>>> organization that has the ability to send the world back in time whenever
>>> the planet is faced with an existential threat, leaving only a handful of
>>> people to remember the events thus erased. Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy
>>> You) stars alongside Tom Burke, Anjli Mohindra, and Caroline Quentin.
>>> Season one was shown in the UK in June 2022 on Sky Max. Production on a
>>> second season is now underway in the UK, though it is unclear if TNT has
>>> already committed to carrying it.
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/05/the-lazarus-project-picked-up-for-season-2-at-tnt-1235370050/
>>

>The picture quality (dark and muddy and soft and green) was so awful the
>show was unwatchable.

It wasn't that way in the original production but who knows what TNT
chose to do.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<428941282.707671902.221710.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188727&group=rec.arts.tv#188727

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:02:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:02 UTC

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 00:01:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> https://deadline.com/2023/05/the-lazarus-project-picked-up-for-season-2-at-tnt-1235370050/
>>>

>> The picture quality (dark and muddy and soft and green) was so awful the
>> show was unwatchable.
>
> It wasn't that way in the original production but who knows what TNT
> chose to do.

A lot of the stills and posters on IMDb look that way too.

I am trying it again this morning. It seems they’ve kit bashed seven days
and Larry Niven‘s all the myriad ways.

There’s a review war on IMDb with all these people giving it tens, and
accusing the low raters of just bashing it for unknown reasons. There’s a
lot of talk about the brilliant writing, and how original it all is. Either
they’re all related to the writer or they haven’t watched or read many time
travel stories.

So the rogue Lazarus agents are trying to destroy the world for their own
evil purposes?

Our hero told his girlfriend that he got the loan. I find myself wondering
what kind of involved cover story he’s devised to keep her from knowing
what he actually does and goes to all day.

Hey, the French have police cars that become airborne at the slightest
impact!

I really wish they established that their RecV used James Bond technology
to out drive a motorcycle.

Seems like it would make more sense to hire trained commandos than to be
training and risking your analysts on field missions.

Did they explain how the non-mutants remember?

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<ie4s7i14mptefm6sggl06pjqofbf0arruf@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188734&group=rec.arts.tv#188734

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 12:55:17 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:55 UTC

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:02:34 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 00:01:23 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> The picture quality (dark and muddy and soft and green) was so awful the
>>> show was unwatchable.
>>
>> It wasn't that way in the original production but who knows what TNT
>> chose to do.
>>

>A lot of the stills and posters on IMDb look that way too.

Okay, I went back and looked at my recordings and I see what you are
talking about. They've given the world a dark image like it was filmed
at twilight, which is a common thing to set a depressing mood.. That
said I don't see the image as soft, just looks like it is constantly
in twilight on a cloudy day.

>I am trying it again this morning. It seems they’ve kit bashed seven days
>and Larry Niven‘s all the myriad ways.
>
>There’s a review war on IMDb with all these people giving it tens, and
>accusing the low raters of just bashing it for unknown reasons. There’s a
>lot of talk about the brilliant writing, and how original it all is. Either
>they’re all related to the writer or they haven’t watched or read many time
>travel stories.

I wouldn't say that it is original, as very little is, but I found the
writing decent. It's certainly no GOTHAM KNIGHTS.

>So the rogue Lazarus agents are trying to destroy the world for their own
>evil purposes?

They have their reasons which aren't at all what you might expect.

>Our hero told his girlfriend that he got the loan. I find myself wondering
>what kind of involved cover story he’s devised to keep her from knowing
>what he actually does and goes to all day.
>
>Hey, the French have police cars that become airborne at the slightest
>impact!
>
>I really wish they established that their RecV used James Bond technology
>to out drive a motorcycle.
>
>Seems like it would make more sense to hire trained commandos than to be
>training and risking your analysts on field missions.

I can only assume that it's part of their need to keep things a secret
and that anyone they bring in may forget everything they learn if they
do a reset before the next whatever it was called but I'm going to
call it a set point.

>Did they explain how the non-mutants remember?

There are explanations that play out over the series.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<ee5s7i1f8kjklj8e7f0ibb5menufq5rsnj@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188735&group=rec.arts.tv#188735

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 13:08:55 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 17:08 UTC

On Mon, 05 Jun 2023 12:55:17 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:02:34 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>wrote:
>
>>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> It wasn't that way in the original production but who knows what TNT
>>> chose to do.
>>>

>>A lot of the stills and posters on IMDb look that way too.
>
>Okay, I went back and looked at my recordings and I see what you are
>talking about. They've given the world a dark image like it was filmed
>at twilight, which is a common thing to set a depressing mood.. That
>said I don't see the image as soft, just looks like it is constantly
>in twilight on a cloudy day.
>
>>I am trying it again this morning. It seems they’ve kit bashed seven days
>>and Larry Niven‘s all the myriad ways.
>>
>>There’s a review war on IMDb with all these people giving it tens, and
>>accusing the low raters of just bashing it for unknown reasons. There’s a
>>lot of talk about the brilliant writing, and how original it all is. Either
>>they’re all related to the writer or they haven’t watched or read many time
>>travel stories.
>
>I wouldn't say that it is original, as very little is, but I found the
>writing decent. It's certainly no GOTHAM KNIGHTS.
>
>>So the rogue Lazarus agents are trying to destroy the world for their own
>>evil purposes?
>
>They have their reasons which aren't at all what you might expect.
>>
>>Our hero told his girlfriend that he got the loan. I find myself wondering
>>what kind of involved cover story he’s devised to keep her from knowing
>>what he actually does and goes to all day.

It's not something that comes up, at least not on screen.

>>Hey, the French have police cars that become airborne at the slightest
>>impact!
>>
>>I really wish they established that their RecV used James Bond technology
>>to out drive a motorcycle.
>>
>>Seems like it would make more sense to hire trained commandos than to be
>>training and risking your analysts on field missions.
>
>I can only assume that it's part of their need to keep things a secret
>and that anyone they bring in may forget everything they learn if they
>do a reset before the next whatever it was called but I'm going to
>call it a set point.

Plus there's the issue of how many people can they bring in on the
project. We know they can give people the ability to recall the time
jumps but I can't recall if they have a limited ability to do so. Plus
there's another very good reason they want to keep the group small
that will be revealed.

>>Did they explain how the non-mutants remember?
>
>There are explanations that play out over the series.

I just watched that bit and they explicitly spell it out that they can
give people the ability to remember the time jumps. Something that
will play out during the series. It's just something they very rarely
do for reasons that will also become apparent over the series.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<1025582629.707677382.920885.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188743&group=rec.arts.tv#188743

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 11:05:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 18:05 UTC

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:02:34 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> It wasn't that way in the original production but who knows what TNT
>>> chose to do.
>>>

>> A lot of the stills and posters on IMDb look that way too.
>
> Okay, I went back and looked at my recordings and I see what you are
> talking about. They've given the world a dark image like it was filmed
> at twilight, which is a common thing to set a depressing mood.. That
> said I don't see the image as soft, just looks like it is constantly
> in twilight on a cloudy day.

I think TNT must be running a really bad SD feed. The ads are really soft
as well. Even the ones that I see every day on other channels that are
bright and shiny and sharp.

>> I am trying it again this morning. It seems they’ve kit bashed seven days
>> and Larry Niven‘s all the myriad ways.
>>
>> There’s a review war on IMDb with all these people giving it tens, and
>> accusing the low raters of just bashing it for unknown reasons. There’s a
>> lot of talk about the brilliant writing, and how original it all is. Either
>> they’re all related to the writer or they haven’t watched or read many time
>> travel stories.
>
> I wouldn't say that it is original, as very little is, but I found the
> writing decent. It's certainly no GOTHAM KNIGHTS.

I’ve heard of that. It’s on some channel. I don’t get any more.

>> So the rogue Lazarus agents are trying to destroy the world for their own
>> evil purposes?
>
> They have their reasons which aren't at all what you might expect.
>>
>> Our hero told his girlfriend that he got the loan. I find myself wondering
>> what kind of involved cover story he’s devised to keep her from knowing
>> what he actually does and goes to all day.
>>
>> Hey, the French have police cars that become airborne at the slightest
>> impact!
>>
>> I really wish they established that their RecV used James Bond technology
>> to out drive a motorcycle.
>>
>> Seems like it would make more sense to hire trained commandos than to be
>> training and risking your analysts on field missions.
>
> I can only assume that it's part of their need to keep things a secret
> and that anyone they bring in may forget everything they learn if they
> do a reset before the next whatever it was called but I'm going to
> call it a set point.
>
>> Did they explain how the non-mutants remember?
>
> There are explanations that play out over the series.

Thanks

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<u5lafm$dkfi$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188751&group=rec.arts.tv#188751

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 14:45:10 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 18:45 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>Hey, the French have police cars that become airborne at the slightest
>impact!

Electric cars aren't very heavy.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<2126523489.707696225.141779.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188782&group=rec.arts.tv#188782

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 23:20 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>
>> Hey, the French have police cars that become airborne at the slightest
>> impact!
>
> Electric cars aren't very heavy.

Lol

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<vvss7i5ns0nqj8a9qjbqcvdnl5dcas6fgf@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188791&group=rec.arts.tv#188791

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 19:49:06 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 23:49 UTC

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>>
>>> Hey, the French have police cars that become airborne at the slightest
>>> impact!
>>
>> Electric cars aren't very heavy.
>
>Lol

They must be using that artificial electricity.

By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
the rest we can all handle.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<u5lt8k$funs$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188795&group=rec.arts.tv#188795

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 17:05:40 -0700
References: <1191455817.707540602.964639.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <7v2o7ihhfelfge54buhqhqd5t3et842h4k@4ax.com> <1682913027.707640194.620361.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <h37r7idps1hdsp0o2p71bmtsb9kg4o2jqc@4ax.com> <428941282.707671902.221710.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <u5lafm$dkfi$3@dont-email.me> <2126523489.707696225.141779.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vvss7i5ns0nqj8a9qjbqcvdnl5dcas6fgf@4ax.com>
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 00:05 UTC

On 2023-06-05 23:49:06 +0000, shawn said:

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Electric cars aren't very heavy.
>>
>> Lol
>
> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>
> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
> the rest we can all handle.

Easiest way would be the "wash" Robin's posts through a pure text
editor (I use Apple's TextEdit for these purposes).

The problem is that Anim's on an iPhone where that's a little trickier
- there is an app called TextEditor that might work for this.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<1130902302.707706278.585577.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188798&group=rec.arts.tv#188798

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 18:08:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 01:08 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-05 23:49:06 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Lol
>>
>> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>>
>> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
>> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
>> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
>> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
>> the rest we can all handle.
>
> Easiest way would be the "wash" Robin's posts through a pure text
> editor (I use Apple's TextEdit for these purposes).
>
> The problem is that Anim's on an iPhone where that's a little trickier
> - there is an app called TextEditor that might work for this.

I miss my beloved text soap.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<1649618896.707704937.769996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188799&group=rec.arts.tv#188799

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 18:11:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 01:11 UTC

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Electric cars aren't very heavy.
>>
>> Lol
>
> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>
> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
> the rest we can all handle.

I have several problems here. Number one is that I don’t see it. Until you
re-post it and then it becomes a ?. But there’s no possible way for me to
know if it’s fixed or not because it doesn’t appear that way when I read
the post myself.

Looks like it happens to you and ubiquitous, although ubiquitous may have
been quoting you.

I see one instance of it happening to Ian when he quoted you, but it
doesn’t happen to him when he quotes me.

I can ask Robin if there’s anything she can do when she originally
generates it. She creates it, she emails it to me, I have to do some
fixing, and then I post it here. But that possessive is not anything I ever
touch.

It looks like I can change it to one of five different apostrophes, but
there’s no way to know what any of them are. I have multiple forward,
backward, straight up and down… I changed the subject line on this post to
the default, straight up and down.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<u5m34h$gd9q$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188801&group=rec.arts.tv#188801

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 01:45:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 01:45 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-06-05 23:49:06 +0000, shawn said:

>>> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>>>
>>> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
>>> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
>>> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
>>> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
>>> the rest we can all handle.
>>
>> Easiest way would be the "wash" Robin's posts through a pure text
>> editor (I use Apple's TextEdit for these purposes).
>>
>> The problem is that Anim's on an iPhone where that's a little trickier
>> - there is an app called TextEditor that might work for this.
>>

>I miss my beloved text soap.

It went down the drain?

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<050620232158560922%nope@noway.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188802&group=rec.arts.tv#188802

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <1191455817.707540602.964639.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <7v2o7ihhfelfge54buhqhqd5t3et842h4k@4ax.com> <1682913027.707640194.620361.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <h37r7idps1hdsp0o2p71bmtsb9kg4o2jqc@4ax.com> <428941282.707671902.221710.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <u5lafm$dkfi$3@dont-email.me> <2126523489.707696225.141779.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vvss7i5ns0nqj8a9qjbqcvdnl5dcas6fgf@4ax.com> <1649618896.707704937.769996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 21:58:56 -0400
 by: A Friend - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 01:58 UTC

In article
<1649618896.707704937.769996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> > wrote:

> >> Lol
> >
> > They must be using that artificial electricity.
> >
> > By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
> > replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
> > smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
> > just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
> > the rest we can all handle.
> >

> I have several problems here. Number one is that I don¹t see it. Until you
> re-post it and then it becomes a ?. But there¹s no possible way for me to
> know if it¹s fixed or not because it doesn¹t appear that way when I read
> the post myself.
>
> Looks like it happens to you and ubiquitous, although ubiquitous may have
> been quoting you.
>
> I see one instance of it happening to Ian when he quoted you, but it
> doesn¹t happen to him when he quotes me.
>
> I can ask Robin if there¹s anything she can do when she originally
> generates it. She creates it, she emails it to me, I have to do some
> fixing, and then I post it here. But that possessive is not anything I ever
> touch.
>
> It looks like I can change it to one of five different apostrophes, but
> there¹s no way to know what any of them are. I have multiple forward,
> backward, straight up and downŠ I changed the subject line on this post to
> the default, straight up and down.

It happens to me a lot here. A topic can split into four or five
different threads because smart quotes and apostrophes can be
interpreted as different characters by different platforms. The
simplest thing to do would be for everybody to use dumb (straight)
quotes in every instance, which would accommodate everyone without
cheating anyone.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u5m6bf$kd3b$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188814&group=rec.arts.tv#188814

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:40:46 -0700
References: <1191455817.707540602.964639.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <7v2o7ihhfelfge54buhqhqd5t3et842h4k@4ax.com> <1682913027.707640194.620361.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <h37r7idps1hdsp0o2p71bmtsb9kg4o2jqc@4ax.com> <428941282.707671902.221710.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <u5lafm$dkfi$3@dont-email.me> <2126523489.707696225.141779.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vvss7i5ns0nqj8a9qjbqcvdnl5dcas6fgf@4ax.com> <1649618896.707704937.769996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 02:40 UTC

On 2023-06-06 01:11:15 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Lol
>>
>> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>>
>> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
>> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
>> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
>> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
>> the rest we can all handle.
>
> I have several problems here. Number one is that I don’t see it. Until you
> re-post it and then it becomes a ?. But there’s no possible way for me to
> know if it’s fixed or not because it doesn’t appear that way when I read
> the post myself.
>
> Looks like it happens to you and ubiquitous, although ubiquitous may have
> been quoting you.
>
> I see one instance of it happening to Ian when he quoted you, but it
> doesn’t happen to him when he quotes me.
>
> I can ask Robin if there’s anything she can do when she originally
> generates it. She creates it, she emails it to me, I have to do some
> fixing, and then I post it here. But that possessive is not anything I ever
> touch.
>
> It looks like I can change it to one of five different apostrophes, but
> there’s no way to know what any of them are. I have multiple forward,
> backward, straight up and down… I changed the subject line on this post to
> the default, straight up and down.

On Robin's end, if she writes up her reports in MS Word, the easiest
solution would be for her to turn "Smart quotes" off in MS Word's
preferences.

I think the main issue with her posts are the smart quotes/apostrophes.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<1844713764.707711659.666578.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188815&group=rec.arts.tv#188815

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:50:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 02:50 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Easiest way would be the "wash" Robin's posts through a pure text
>>> editor (I use Apple's TextEdit for these purposes).
>>>
>>> The problem is that Anim's on an iPhone where that's a little trickier
>>> - there is an app called TextEditor that might work for this.
>>>

>> I miss my beloved text soap.
>
> It went down the drain?

Along with the retina.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<882819809.707711701.324509.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188816&group=rec.arts.tv#188816

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:50:37 -0700

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1649618896.707704937.769996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>>>
>>> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
>>> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
>>> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
>>> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
>>> the rest we can all handle.
>>>

>> I have several problems here. Number one is that I don¹t see it. Until you
>> re-post it and then it becomes a ?. But there¹s no possible way for me to
>> know if it¹s fixed or not because it doesn¹t appear that way when I read
>> the post myself.
>>
>> Looks like it happens to you and ubiquitous, although ubiquitous may have
>> been quoting you.
>>
>> I see one instance of it happening to Ian when he quoted you, but it
>> doesn¹t happen to him when he quotes me.
>>
>> I can ask Robin if there¹s anything she can do when she originally
>> generates it. She creates it, she emails it to me, I have to do some
>> fixing, and then I post it here. But that possessive is not anything I ever
>> touch.
>>
>> It looks like I can change it to one of five different apostrophes, but
>> there¹s no way to know what any of them are. I have multiple forward,
>> backward, straight up and downŠ I changed the subject line on this post to
>> the default, straight up and down.
>

> It happens to me a lot here. A topic can split into four or five
> different threads because smart quotes and apostrophes can be
> interpreted as different characters by different platforms. The
> simplest thing to do would be for everybody to use dumb (straight)
> quotes in every instance, which would accommodate everyone without
> cheating anyone.

I’ve asked Robin if she has a button for it. I don’t. And I have no way to
tell at what point in the pipeline they’re being inserted.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

<588012740.707711792.528990.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188817&group=rec.arts.tv#188817

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:50:38 -0700

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 5 June 2023 at 03:01:28 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> https://deadline.com/2023/05/the-lazarus-project-picked-up-for-season-2-at-tnt-1235370050/
>>>

>> The picture quality (dark and muddy and soft and green) was so awful the
>> show was unwatchable.
>> --
>> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
>
> I've a feeling that some of this is due to people (stupidly) buying
> 65-80 inch TVs without 4K, only HD and no HDR.
> "Stretching" the data out that much really dilutes the quality and what
> might have looked ok on 42 inch TV just doesn't now.

Well, you would be 100% inarguably provably incontrovertibly wrong, but you
know think what you want.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<038t7i1725fsq0hbc4o1t98b8c8vh84o6a@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188821&group=rec.arts.tv#188821

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <1191455817.707540602.964639.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <7v2o7ihhfelfge54buhqhqd5t3et842h4k@4ax.com> <1682913027.707640194.620361.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <h37r7idps1hdsp0o2p71bmtsb9kg4o2jqc@4ax.com> <428941282.707671902.221710.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <u5lafm$dkfi$3@dont-email.me> <2126523489.707696225.141779.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vvss7i5ns0nqj8a9qjbqcvdnl5dcas6fgf@4ax.com> <u5lt8k$funs$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 22:57:21 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 02:57 UTC

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 17:05:40 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-06-05 23:49:06 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Lol
>>
>> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>>
>> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
>> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
>> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
>> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
>> the rest we can all handle.
>
>Easiest way would be the "wash" Robin's posts through a pure text
>editor (I use Apple's TextEdit for these purposes).
>
>The problem is that Anim's on an iPhone where that's a little trickier
>- there is an app called TextEditor that might work for this.

That's why I didn't suggest he correct all of the text because of the
work it might be for his setup. Correcting the subject shouldn't be
tough even on an iPhone.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<4k8t7i58221fvcmf35b511igedb53r4kk0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188824&group=rec.arts.tv#188824

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <7v2o7ihhfelfge54buhqhqd5t3et842h4k@4ax.com> <1682913027.707640194.620361.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <h37r7idps1hdsp0o2p71bmtsb9kg4o2jqc@4ax.com> <428941282.707671902.221710.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <u5lafm$dkfi$3@dont-email.me> <2126523489.707696225.141779.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <vvss7i5ns0nqj8a9qjbqcvdnl5dcas6fgf@4ax.com> <1649618896.707704937.769996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 23:08:52 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 03:08 UTC

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 18:11:15 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 16:20:14 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Lol
>>
>> They must be using that artificial electricity.
>>
>> By the way Fred. When you copy over the thread from Robin, can you
>> replace the ' in the title with a real apostrophe instead of that
>> smart quote. It's why my follow up ended up in a new thread instead of
>> just following your thread. You just need to do it in the subject as
>> the rest we can all handle.
>>

>I have several problems here. Number one is that I don’t see it. Until you
>re-post it and then it becomes a ?. But there’s no possible way for me to
>know if it’s fixed or not because it doesn’t appear that way when I read
>the post myself.

It always happens with the posts you are copying from Robin. What I
don't know is if your retyping that single quote in the Subject is
enough to change it to straight ASCII. Give it a try to with the next
post to see if that works. If it doesn't then don't worry about as I'm
not trying to put a huge burden on you.

>Looks like it happens to you and ubiquitous, although ubiquitous may have
>been quoting you.
>
>I see one instance of it happening to Ian when he quoted you, but it
>doesn’t happen to him when he quotes me.
>
>I can ask Robin if there’s anything she can do when she originally
>generates it. She creates it, she emails it to me, I have to do some
>fixing, and then I post it here. But that possessive is not anything I ever
>touch.
>
>It looks like I can change it to one of five different apostrophes, but
>there’s no way to know what any of them are. I have multiple forward,
>backward, straight up and down… I changed the subject line on this post to
>the default, straight up and down.

What I did was just retyped the single quote. I didn't choose anything
else, but because I'm typing just ASCII all the time my typing over
the smart single quote just replaced it with the basic one.

Re: June 3-9, 2023: Robin?s selected programming

<u5mcqq$l1f0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188827&group=rec.arts.tv#188827

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 21:31:26 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 04:31 UTC

On 6/5/2023 7:50 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> I miss my beloved text soap.
>>
>> It went down the drain?
>>

> Along with the retina.

One Tina wasn't enough? You had to re-Tina?

dirty old man.