Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-02 (Friday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 08:30 UTC

After Spring Cleaning Day at wortk (grrr), I watched:

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS

CHAD PRATHER:

THE UNXPLAINED:
"UFO Hotspots". They started with places near top secret military site
(Hmm) and ended up shilling that stupid SKINWALKER RANCH show, so I
quit watching and watched several YouTube videos, one of which was
abotu Disney Park attendemnce being very low and another was about a
dismal screening of MARVELS.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-02 (Friday)

<u5fqlj$3k18j$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188528&group=rec.arts.tv#188528

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-02 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 09:44:35 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 16:44 UTC

On 2023-06-03 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

soaps: DOOL - Thur's ep. Leo comes across an escaping Colin. The weird
crazy nurse kidnaps Abe while impersonating Paulina to the confused man
- I liked her stuffed/ceramic cat collection though!! Eric confront
Nicole about being pregnant, and then runs to mommy Marlena to tell her
the news.
GH - Anna is "arrested" by the WSB and the upshot is that her days
as an agent are *done*. (Who cares?!) Pretty much nothing else of
importance happened in this episode, except possibly Trina egging
Spencer on to find out what Victor left Spencer in the safety deposit
box.

Miss Meadows (Tubi) - Most indie flicks are misfires. Amazingly, I
think this is this 2014 indie flick that is *not* a "misfire". (Though
I think one of the movie poster taglines is...)
Not shockingly, the reviewers didn't like this one, once again
showing how absolutely useless (and infallably *wrong*) movie reviewers
are.
But I thought this one sported an interesting premise, and a very
strong performance from lead Katie Holmes.
In this, Katie Holmes plays a prim-and-proper substitute elementary
school teacher - she is obsessed with manners, and is almost a
throwback to someone from the 1950s.
But she is also a stone-cold killing vigilante, a one-woman
assassination squad for scumbag criminals!
Miss Meadows easily wins over most of her (Wiki says 1st-grade
class, though I don't think there is any mention in the movie what the
grade is!), eventually even winning over the class skeptic to her (Ava
Kolker from Disney Channel's "Girl Meets World" and "Sydney to the
Max") who becomes her biggest fan.
She also comes to the attention of the local sheriff (James Badge
Dale), initially romantically, and then eventually as the vigilante
"suspect".
Anyway, I thought this was quite good (though I will say I thought
the first-half was stronger than the second-half...).
It amused me that Kate Linder popped up in this in a cameo as the
skeptical and kind of mean school principal.
Fun-fact: This was filmed in Cleveland, Ohio.

The Blacklist (recorded) - "The Sicilian Error of Color" (ep. #10.13)
and "The Nowhere Bride" (ep. #10.14).
Yikes.
The first of these may have been the worst episode of season #10
(and that is not good!). It was basically a "Siya Malik" episode... No,
worse than that, it was basically a *Meera Malik* episode! but not with
Parminder Nagra playing the part (as she's way too old now) - instead
we get a recast (Nikita Tewani) as "young Meera" who bears only the
slightest resemblance to Nagra. :( This episode was a waste, even
with it sporting relatively more Red than we've been getting this
season.
"The Nowhere Bride" was somewhat better. At least it sported a
"blacklister" case (of a sort) - an EVOL!!1! woman who has organized a
ring of honeypot "grooms" to steal doweries from young unsuspecting
immigrant women. Meanwhile, Siya accompanies Red on some of his
"adventures", with Red coming across Weecha again. And the Congressman
gets closer to getting the Task Force investigated. Also, I think
Cooper is now convinced that Red is dying.

Newlywed Nightmare (LMN) - I rewatched this Lifetime movie because the
first time it aired (I guess back in Feb.), I fell asleep at the end,
and so never did hear how all of the kidnapping plot, etc. all came
about.
I think Olivia Jordan is quite effective as the volatile, crazy ex
in this - I'm kind of surprised she hasn't grabbed more recent Lifetime
gigs from doing this flick.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-02 (Friday)

<atropos-814D3B.10192403062023@news.giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188535&group=rec.arts.tv#188535

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 10:19:25 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 17:19 UTC

In article <u5fqlj$3k18j$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> The Blacklist (recorded) - "The Sicilian Error of Color" (ep. #10.13)
> and "The Nowhere Bride" (ep. #10.14).
> Yikes.
> The first of these may have been the worst episode of season #10
> (and that is not good!). It was basically a "Siya Malik" episode... No,
> worse than that, it was basically a *Meera Malik* episode! but not with
> Parminder Nagra playing the part (as she's way too old now) - instead
> we get a recast (Nikita Tewani) as "young Meera" who bears only the
> slightest resemblance to Nagra.

But is much more of a biscuit.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-02 (Friday)

<u5l7mk$d9u6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188740&group=rec.arts.tv#188740

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 10:57:40 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 17:57 UTC

On 6/3/2023 9:44 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-06-03 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?

snip

> The Blacklist (recorded) - "The Sicilian Error of Color" (ep. #10.13)
> and "The Nowhere Bride" (ep. #10.14).
>   Yikes.
>   The first of these may have been the worst episode of season #10 (and
> that is not good!). It was basically a "Siya Malik" episode... No, worse
> than that, it was basically a *Meera Malik* episode! but not with
> Parminder Nagra playing the part (as she's way too old now) - instead we
> get a recast (Nikita Tewani) as "young Meera" who bears only the
> slightest resemblance to Nagra.  :(  This episode was a waste, even with
> it sporting relatively more Red than we've been getting this season.
>   "The Nowhere Bride" was somewhat better. At least it sported a
> "blacklister" case (of a sort) -

But she wasn't a blacklister! I even rewound the episode at the end to
double check if she had a number or not. She did have a number. Where
did the number come from? And I am not at all clear on how the FBI was
able to insert themselves into what was clearly a local crime.