A well-known friend is a treasure.

arts / rec.arts.tv / STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”

SubjectAuthor
* STARS ON MARS S01E01 “Theanim8rfsk
+- Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”BTR1701
+* Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 ?The Experiment Begins?shawn
|`* Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “Theanim8rfsk
| +* Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 ?The Experiment Begins?shawn
| |`- Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 ?The Experiment Begins?anim8rfsk
| `* Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”BTR1701
|  `- Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “Theanim8rfsk
+- Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “Theanim8rfsk
+- Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"Ubiquitous
+- Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"Bing Bard
+- Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"Bing Bard
`- Re: Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"Ubiquitous

1
STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”

<1661441280.707717914.254072.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188831&group=rec.arts.tv#188831

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The
Experiment Begins”
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:36:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 05:36 UTC

STARS ON MARS rated 10 on IMDb!

Yes, there’s only one rating.

Yes, it was me…

So what? It still counts!

I went there to see if there was any information on the show like who any
of these 12 celebrities I’ve never heard of are or where they shot it.
There was nothing whatsoever except a stub. But it asked me to vote. So I
did!

Now somebody is slowly filling in data like that it’s shot in Australia.

The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he’s supposed to
be back on earth and doesn’t talk to them live because of the 17 minute
light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that’s the
last time you’ll hear me say cleverly.

And the habitat is kind of cool looking.

But the celebrities! OMG.

They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
Armstrong is there because he’s a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
Seriously, Ian?

Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
members

The Shat!

Natasha Leggero

Tallulah Willis

Ronda Rousey

Tom Schwartz

Tinashe

Porsha Williams

Adam Rippon

Marshawn Lynch

Lance Armstrong

Richard Sherman

Ariel Winter

Christopher Mintz-Plasse

I only knew two of them by name (Lance and Ronda although I figured out who
Tallulah was quickly enough. The others are people I’ve never heard of from
projects I’ve never heard of or have studiously avoided.

I pick Marshawn as the likely winner, because he has serious unfair
advantages. (like that another celebrity is a teammate of his in whatever
it is they do) but mostly because he has the word Mars right there in his
name.

Wait! The alarms are blaring, and the lights are flashing! It’s an
emergency! The Shat appears on the monitor! A fierce Martian sandstorm has
ensued. (shouldn’t they have known this half an hour before he did?) And
has blown over and smashed to pieces the communication tower that links
them to earth! (Um, how is he telling them this?) Tallulah and Marshawn
must stay inside as the other 10 repair the tower before the earth is
destroyed! But only nine of them will survive.

There’s a lot of talk about solar winds, and the plane of the ecliptic. And
earth downloading the data to them. I don’t think they know what any of
these words mean.

Porsha is complaining about how it’s pitch black (although there are lights
everywhere), and how she can’t breathe because of the wind (she’s in a
spacesuit). I am hoping for her to be the first to go. But I’m already at
the point that I am hoping they feel their mission and the earth is
destroyed.

Come to think of it, if they fail the mission isn’t the series over?

Marshawn is supposed to give them instructions like use the winch to raise
the tower but he has no idea what a winch is.

What happens to the people they are going to “extract“? Obviously they
can’t go back to earth. I assume they have to kill them and use them as
fertilizer.

Unfortunately, the first one they choose to survive is Porsha, based on the
fact that they could hear her voice the whole time. Of course everything
she was saying was wrong and stupid.

Rhonda will stay! Ariel will stay! Natasha will stay! Natasha didn’t do a
damn thing. In fact, she stood in the distance and said she was staying out
of the way, and said she didn’t do a damn thing. Lance Armstrong will stay,
but that’s because he is the only real astronaut out of the group. Richard
will stay. Tinashe will stay.

Each person who is going to stay is given a leadership patch even though
none of them were leaders they were all cattle fodder.

The three not yet chosen are the three frail white boys. One of them says
“uh-oh they left behind the three frail white boys”

Tom, Adam, and Chris. They are white. They are male. One of them must die.

But first there is an ad for a new show on fuck you peacock. They say it’s
based on a true story, and the most anticipated show of the summer and I
swear to God they never say what the title is. I’ve watched the ad three
times. It seems to star Kaley Cuoco, and be a blatant rip off of ONLY
MURDERERS IN THE BUILDING.

I look up Kaley Cuoco on IMDb. Ian says she has a new show coming up
called… Based on a true story. That’s the title. They were way too cute
about that. Well I’m not paying to watch it anyway.

Now it’s time for three frail white guys to literally defend their lives
before the group is decimated!

Chris says there were too many people out there anyway and he was doing
them a favor by stepping back and getting out of the way.

Adam minces and prances and says he is important because he’s hot. The
others laugh, but then say to the camera that Adam was completely useless
and didn’t do a damn thing.

Tom says he got superhuman strength like the Hulk when a mother lifts the
car to save her baby and the others agree and Tom is saved!

It’s down to Chris and Adam. The group has admitted Adam was completely
useless. The vote is unanimous! They save the gay guy who didn’t do
anything.

Chris is extracted by walking out onto the surface and removing his helmet.

Wow.

They sentenced him to death, because they don’t have enough food. But it
never occurred to them to eat him. Even on the Snark, they knew enough to
eat their dead.

Marshawn and his teammate start yelling and fighting with each other.

Various scenes from the weeks ahead make me wish them all dead.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”

<w6SdnetbP69IUuP5nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188843&group=rec.arts.tv#188843

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 06:19:01 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 06:19 UTC

On Jun 5, 2023 at 10:36:07 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> STARS ON MARS rated 10 on IMDb!
>
> Yes, there’s only one rating.
>
> Yes, it was me…
>
> So what? It still counts!
>
> I went there to see if there was any information on the show like who any
> of these 12 celebrities I’ve never heard of are or where they shot it.
> There was nothing whatsoever except a stub. But it asked me to vote. So I
> did!
>
> Now somebody is slowly filling in data like that it’s shot in Australia.
>
> The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he’s supposed to
> be back on earth and doesn’t talk to them live because of the 17 minute
> light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that’s the
> last time you’ll hear me say cleverly.
>
> And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>
> But the celebrities! OMG.
>
> They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
> reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
> Armstrong is there because he’s a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
> out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
> Seriously, Ian?
>
> Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
> members
>
> The Shat!
>
> Natasha Leggero

Natasha Leggero used to be quite a biscuit but age has really caught up with
her.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 ?The Experiment Begins?

<63pt7i5k8bu1oojd8tuphqjhm42pnciluo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188847&group=rec.arts.tv#188847

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 03:52:23 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 07:52 UTC

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:36:07 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>STARS ON MARS rated 10 on IMDb!
>
>Yes, there’s only one rating.
>
>Yes, it was me…
>
>So what? It still counts!
>
>I went there to see if there was any information on the show like who any
>of these 12 celebrities I’ve never heard of are or where they shot it.
>There was nothing whatsoever except a stub. But it asked me to vote. So I
>did!
>
>Now somebody is slowly filling in data like that it’s shot in Australia.
>
>The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he’s supposed to
>be back on earth and doesn’t talk to them live because of the 17 minute
>light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that’s the
>last time you’ll hear me say cleverly.
>
>And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>
>But the celebrities! OMG.
>
>They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
>reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
>Armstrong is there because he’s a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
>out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
>Seriously, Ian?

I hope that was just an act for the cameras.

>Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
>members
>
>The Shat!
>
>Natasha Leggero
>
>Tallulah Willis
>
>Ronda Rousey
>
>Tom Schwartz
>
>Tinashe
>
>Porsha Williams
>
>Adam Rippon
>
>Marshawn Lynch
>
>Lance Armstrong
>
>Richard Sherman
>
>Ariel Winter
>
>Christopher Mintz-Plasse
>
>I only knew two of them by name (Lance and Ronda although I figured out who
>Tallulah was quickly enough. The others are people I’ve never heard of from
>projects I’ve never heard of or have studiously avoided.

Yeah, Lance and Ronda are the only two names I recognize. Can't say
that I care enough about either one to even sample this so I thank you
for your sacrifice.

>I pick Marshawn as the likely winner, because he has serious unfair
>advantages. (like that another celebrity is a teammate of his in whatever
>it is they do) but mostly because he has the word Mars right there in his
>name.
>
>Wait! The alarms are blaring, and the lights are flashing! It’s an
>emergency! The Shat appears on the monitor! A fierce Martian sandstorm has
>ensued. (shouldn’t they have known this half an hour before he did?) And
>has blown over and smashed to pieces the communication tower that links
>them to earth! (Um, how is he telling them this?) Tallulah and Marshawn
>must stay inside as the other 10 repair the tower before the earth is
>destroyed! But only nine of them will survive.
>
>There’s a lot of talk about solar winds, and the plane of the ecliptic. And
>earth downloading the data to them. I don’t think they know what any of
>these words mean.

Or care.

>Porsha is complaining about how it’s pitch black (although there are lights
>everywhere), and how she can’t breathe because of the wind (she’s in a
>spacesuit). I am hoping for her to be the first to go. But I’m already at
>the point that I am hoping they feel their mission and the earth is
>destroyed.

I could see her saying that because she is panicked due to being in a
space suit.

>Come to think of it, if they fail the mission isn’t the series over?

For which we would thank them for their sacrifice for our benefit.

<301801832.707734551.543440.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188850&group=rec.arts.tv#188850

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The
Experiment Begins”
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 02:11:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 09:11 UTC

> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:36:07 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> STARS ON MARS rated 10 on IMDb!
>>
>> Yes, there’s only one rating.
>>
>> Yes, it was me…
>>
>> So what? It still counts!
>>
>> I went there to see if there was any information on the show like who any
>> of these 12 celebrities I’ve never heard of are or where they shot it.
>> There was nothing whatsoever except a stub. But it asked me to vote. So I
>> did!
>>
>> Now somebody is slowly filling in data like that it’s shot in Australia.
>>
>> The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he’s supposed to
>> be back on earth and doesn’t talk to them live because of the 17 minute
>> light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that’s the
>> last time you’ll hear me say cleverly.
>>
>> And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>>
>> But the celebrities! OMG.
>>
>> They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
>> reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
>> Armstrong is there because he’s a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
>> out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
>> Seriously, Ian?
>
> I hope that was just an act for the cameras.

Yeah, it’s hard to tell what’s scripted, but she’s proven herself to be
really really stupid before. Plus, you know, ginger.

>> Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
>> members
>>
>> The Shat!
>>
>> Natasha Leggero
>>
>> Tallulah Willis
>>
>> Ronda Rousey
>>
>> Tom Schwartz
>>
>> Tinashe
>>
>> Porsha Williams
>>
>> Adam Rippon
>>
>> Marshawn Lynch
>>
>> Lance Armstrong
>>
>> Richard Sherman
>>
>> Ariel Winter
>>
>> Christopher Mintz-Plasse
>>
>> I only knew two of them by name (Lance and Ronda although I figured out who
>> Tallulah was quickly enough. The others are people I’ve never heard of from
>> projects I’ve never heard of or have studiously avoided.
>
> Yeah, Lance and Ronda are the only two names I recognize. Can't say
> that I care enough about either one to even sample this so I thank you
> for your sacrifice.

Hee hee

>> I pick Marshawn as the likely winner, because he has serious unfair
>> advantages. (like that another celebrity is a teammate of his in whatever
>> it is they do) but mostly because he has the word Mars right there in his
>> name.
>>
>> Wait! The alarms are blaring, and the lights are flashing! It’s an
>> emergency! The Shat appears on the monitor! A fierce Martian sandstorm has
>> ensued. (shouldn’t they have known this half an hour before he did?) And
>> has blown over and smashed to pieces the communication tower that links
>> them to earth! (Um, how is he telling them this?) Tallulah and Marshawn
>> must stay inside as the other 10 repair the tower before the earth is
>> destroyed! But only nine of them will survive.
>>
>> There’s a lot of talk about solar winds, and the plane of the ecliptic. And
>> earth downloading the data to them. I don’t think they know what any of
>> these words mean.
>
> Or care.

And yet they’re striking for more money

>> Porsha is complaining about how it’s pitch black (although there are lights
>> everywhere), and how she can’t breathe because of the wind (she’s in a
>> spacesuit). I am hoping for her to be the first to go. But I’m already at
>> the point that I am hoping they feel their mission and the earth is
>> destroyed.
>
> I could see her saying that because she is panicked due to being in a
> space suit.

Yeah, but she said the whole thing

> [...]
>> and didn’t do a damn thing.
>>
>> Tom says he got superhuman strength like the Hulk when a mother lifts the
>> car to save her baby and the others agree and Tom is saved!
>>
>> It’s down to Chris and Adam. The group has admitted Adam was completely
>> useless. The vote is unanimous! They save the gay guy who didn’t do
>> anything.
>>
>> Chris is extracted by walking out onto the surface and removing his helmet.
>>
>> Wow.
>>
>> They sentenced him to death, because they don’t have enough food. But it
>> never occurred to them to eat him. Even on the Snark, they knew enough to
>> eat their dead.
>>
>> Marshawn and his teammate start yelling and fighting with each other.
>>
>> Various scenes from the weeks ahead make me wish them all dead.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”

<27016210.707734870.723136.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188851&group=rec.arts.tv#188851

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Experiment Begins”
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 02:11:32 -0700

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> useless. The vote is unanimous! They save the gay guy who didn’t do
>> anything.
>>
>> Chris is extracted by walking out onto the surface and removing his helmet.
>>
>> Wow.
>>
>> They sentenced him to death, because they don’t have enough food. But it
>> never occurred to them to eat him. Even on the Snark, they knew enough to
>> eat their dead.
>>
>> Marshawn and his teammate start yelling and fighting with each other.
>>
>> Various scenes from the weeks ahead make me wish them all dead.
>>

>> --
>> The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.
>
> I was ready to say this is the same kind of garbage as "Survivor" or the
> other trash reality shows, but if they (unlikely) stick to a logical
> process, they could possibly make it of some value. Or it could be garbage.

I fear the latter, but at least it looks different than the other shows.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 ?The Experiment Begins?

<ud2u7ihkcfq4phlq7du3o78mgrifo47i5k@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188856&group=rec.arts.tv#188856

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 06:29:18 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:29 UTC

On Tue, 6 Jun 2023 02:11:31 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:36:07 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> STARS ON MARS rated 10 on IMDb!
>>>
>>> Yes, there’s only one rating.
>>>
>>> Yes, it was me…
>>>
>>> So what? It still counts!
>>>
>>> I went there to see if there was any information on the show like who any
>>> of these 12 celebrities I’ve never heard of are or where they shot it.
>>> There was nothing whatsoever except a stub. But it asked me to vote. So I
>>> did!
>>>
>>> Now somebody is slowly filling in data like that it’s shot in Australia.
>>>
>>> The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he’s supposed to
>>> be back on earth and doesn’t talk to them live because of the 17 minute
>>> light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that’s the
>>> last time you’ll hear me say cleverly.
>>>
>>> And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>>>
>>> But the celebrities! OMG.
>>>
>>> They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
>>> reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
>>> Armstrong is there because he’s a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
>>> out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
>>> Seriously, Ian?
>>
>> I hope that was just an act for the cameras.
>
>Yeah, it’s hard to tell what’s scripted, but she’s proven herself to be
>really really stupid before. Plus, you know, ginger.

So your hot for her (because of the ginger)? LOL.

>>> Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
>>> members
>>>
>>> The Shat!
>>>
>>> Natasha Leggero
>>>
>>> Tallulah Willis
>>>
>>> Ronda Rousey
>>>
>>> Tom Schwartz
>>>
>>> Tinashe
>>>
>>> Porsha Williams
>>>
>>> Adam Rippon
>>>
>>> Marshawn Lynch
>>>
>>> Lance Armstrong
>>>
>>> Richard Sherman
>>>
>>> Ariel Winter
>>>
>>> Christopher Mintz-Plasse
>>>
>>> I only knew two of them by name (Lance and Ronda although I figured out who
>>> Tallulah was quickly enough. The others are people I’ve never heard of from
>>> projects I’ve never heard of or have studiously avoided.
>>
>> Yeah, Lance and Ronda are the only two names I recognize. Can't say
>> that I care enough about either one to even sample this so I thank you
>> for your sacrifice.
>
>Hee hee
>

>>> I pick Marshawn as the likely winner, because he has serious unfair
>>> advantages. (like that another celebrity is a teammate of his in whatever
>>> it is they do) but mostly because he has the word Mars right there in his
>>> name.
>>>
>>> Wait! The alarms are blaring, and the lights are flashing! It’s an
>>> emergency! The Shat appears on the monitor! A fierce Martian sandstorm has
>>> ensued. (shouldn’t they have known this half an hour before he did?) And
>>> has blown over and smashed to pieces the communication tower that links
>>> them to earth! (Um, how is he telling them this?) Tallulah and Marshawn
>>> must stay inside as the other 10 repair the tower before the earth is
>>> destroyed! But only nine of them will survive.
>>>
>>> There’s a lot of talk about solar winds, and the plane of the ecliptic. And
>>> earth downloading the data to them. I don’t think they know what any of
>>> these words mean.
>>
>> Or care.
>
>And yet they’re striking for more money

Hey if someone is foolish enough to pay me for the quality of work you
are describing I might go on strike too. Just to see just how much
more they are willing to pay me for this high quality product. lol.

>>> Porsha is complaining about how it’s pitch black (although there are lights
>>> everywhere), and how she can’t breathe because of the wind (she’s in a
>>> spacesuit). I am hoping for her to be the first to go. But I’m already at
>>> the point that I am hoping they feel their mission and the earth is
>>> destroyed.
>>
>> I could see her saying that because she is panicked due to being in a
>> space suit.
>
>Yeah, but she said the whole thing

Ah, so she is smart enough to be able to memorize her lines?

>>> Various scenes from the weeks ahead make me wish them all dead.

So long as it doesn't make you wish you were dead for watching this.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 ?The Experiment Begins?

<1217724203.707741011.546127.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188857&group=rec.arts.tv#188857

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 03:48:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:48 UTC

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2023 02:11:31 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I hope that was just an act for the cameras.
>>
>> Yeah, it’s hard to tell what’s scripted, but she’s proven herself to be
>> really really stupid before. Plus, you know, ginger.
>
> So your hot for her (because of the ginger)? LOL.

Ick!

>>> Yeah, Lance and Ronda are the only two names I recognize. Can't say
>>> that I care enough about either one to even sample this so I thank you
>>> for your sacrifice.
>>
>> Hee hee

>>> Or care.
>>
>> And yet they’re striking for more money
>
> Hey if someone is foolish enough to pay me for the quality of work you
> are describing I might go on strike too. Just to see just how much
> more they are willing to pay me for this high quality product. lol.

True

>>> I could see her saying that because she is panicked due to being in a
>>> space suit.
>>
>> Yeah, but she said the whole thing
>
> Ah, so she is smart enough to be able to memorize her lines?

Hey, she was in a space suit in the sand storm in pitch black. I suspect
she could have just read her lines at any point. Come to think of it. The
ginger was always sitting at a desk, kind of looking at the camera like she
was reading from a script as well.

> So long as it doesn't make you wish you were dead for watching this.

Oh, this needs to get in line behind all the other things I wish I was dead
for.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"

<u5n6nq$nnir$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188863&group=rec.arts.tv#188863

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 04:30:47 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 08:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>STARS ON MARS rated 10 on IMDb!

Aw, crap! Was that on last night? I kind of want to watch.

>Yes, there's only one rating.
>
>Yes, it was me...
>
>So what? It still counts!
>
>I went there to see if there was any information on the show like who any
>of these 12 celebrities I've never heard of are or where they shot it.
>There was nothing whatsoever except a stub. But it asked me to vote. So I
>did!
>
>Now somebody is slowly filling in data like that it's shot in Australia.
>
>The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he's supposed to
>be back on earth and doesn't talk to them live because of the 17 minute
>light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that's the
>last time you'll hear me say cleverly.
>
>And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>
>But the celebrities! OMG.
>
>They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
>reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
>Armstrong is there because he's a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
>out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
>Seriously, Ian?
>
>Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
>members
>
>The Shat!
>
>Natasha Leggero
>
>Tallulah Willis
>
>Ronda Rousey
>
>Tom Schwartz

He's the main reason I wanted to watch. He's from VANDERPUMP RULES and
teriarily involved in #Scandalvol.

>Tinashe
>
>Porsha Williams

She's a stupid slut (as oppsed to an "ignorant slut") from REAL HOUSEWIVES
OF ATLANTA who thought the Underground Railroad was a subway and got involved
(maybe arrested) with Black Lies Matter. Making this even more pathetic is
the fact that her grandfather was a big civil rights activist in the 1960's.
I think she claims she was with him on a march and had rocks thrown at her.

>Adam Rippon
>
>Marshawn Lynch
>
>Lance Armstrong

The astronaught? :-D

> [...]
>others laugh, but then say to the camera that Adam was completely useless
>and didn't do a damn thing.
>
>Tom says he got superhuman strength like the Hulk when a mother lifts the
>car to save her baby and the others agree and Tom is saved!
>
>It's down to Chris and Adam. The group has admitted Adam was completely
>useless. The vote is unanimous! They save the gay guy who didn't do
>anything.
>
>Chris is extracted by walking out onto the surface and removing his helmet.
>
>Wow.
>
>They sentenced him to death, because they don't have enough food. But it
>never occurred to them to eat him. Even on the Snark, they knew enough to
>eat their dead.
>
>Marshawn and his teammate start yelling and fighting with each other.
>
>Various scenes from the weeks ahead make me wish them all dead.

Yeah, sounds like a stupid show.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”

<dwudnb8f_YUrzOL5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188898&group=rec.arts.tv#188898

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 15:33:10 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 15:33 UTC

On Jun 6, 2023 at 2:11:31 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:36:07 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> STARS ON MARS rated 10 on IMDb!
>>>
>>> Yes, there’s only one rating.
>>>
>>> Yes, it was me…
>>>
>>> So what? It still counts!
>>>
>>> I went there to see if there was any information on the show like who any
>>> of these 12 celebrities I’ve never heard of are or where they shot it.
>>> There was nothing whatsoever except a stub. But it asked me to vote. So I
>>> did!
>>>
>>> Now somebody is slowly filling in data like that it’s shot in Australia.
>>>
>>> The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he’s supposed to
>>> be back on earth and doesn’t talk to them live because of the 17 minute
>>> light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that’s the
>>> last time you’ll hear me say cleverly.
>>>
>>> And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>>>
>>> But the celebrities! OMG.
>>>
>>> They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
>>> reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
>>> Armstrong is there because he’s a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
>>> out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
>>> Seriously, Ian?
>>
>> I hope that was just an act for the cameras.
>
> Yeah, it’s hard to tell what’s scripted, but she’s proven herself to be
> really really stupid before. Plus, you know, ginger.

And she ironically played the genius sister on MODERN FAMILY, who was always
making fun of her dingbat younger sister for how stupid she was.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 “The Experiment Begins”

<1615992283.707758945.275336.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188911&group=rec.arts.tv#188911

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Experiment Begins”
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:00:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 17:00 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 2023 at 2:11:31 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I hope that was just an act for the cameras.
>>
>> Yeah, it’s hard to tell what’s scripted, but she’s proven herself to be
>> really really stupid before. Plus, you know, ginger.
>
> And she ironically played the genius sister on MODERN FAMILY, who was always
making fun of her dingbat younger sister for how stupid she was.

Not exactly typecasting, is it?

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"

<u7ch13$10tgn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191469&group=rec.arts.tv#191469

From: web...@polaris.net (Bing Bard)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 13:14:11 -0400
 by: Bing Bard - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 17:14 UTC

Stars On Mars is a reality show where 12 celebrities pretend they're on Mars
for 24 days and compete to see who the strongest, bravest, brightest, and
most competent crew member is, earning the title of "Brightest Star of the
Galaxy."

In the first episode, we meet the celeb cast as they arrive in the airlock to
the base, where they are greeted by a HAL 9000-like "AI" who's hosting them.
The cast includes:

- Marshawn Lynch, former NFL star and reality TV veteran
- Richard Sherman, former NFL star and Marshawn's teammate
- Ariel Winter, actress from Modern Family
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse, actor from Superbad
- Natasha Leggero, comedian and actress
- Lance Armstrong, former cyclist and doping scandal figure
- William Shatner, actor from Star Trek
- Tom Schwartz, reality TV star from Vanderpump Rules
- Adam Rippon, Olympic figure skater and Dancing with the Stars winner
- Alyssa Milano, actress and activist
- Naya Rivera, actress and singer from Glee
- Chris Jericho, wrestler and musician

The first challenge is to rescue the 12th mate, who is stranded outside the
base. The contestants are divided into two teams: Team Red (Marshawn,
Richard, Ariel, Christopher, Natasha, Lance) and Team Blue (William, Tom,
Adam, Alyssa, Naya, Chris). Team Red wins the challenge by finding Naya first
and bringing her back to the base. Team Blue loses and has to face
elimination.

The second challenge is to test their physical fitness by running on a
treadmill in a low-gravity environment. The contestants have to run as fast
as they can for as long as they can without falling off. The AI monitors
their heart rate and oxygen levels and stops them when they reach their
limit. The contestant with the lowest score is automatically in the bottom
three for elimination. The lowest score belongs to Tom Schwartz, who falls
off after only 30 seconds.

The third challenge is to test their mental acuity by solving a series of
puzzles and riddles in a simulated Martian cave. The contestants have to work
together to find clues and unlock doors that lead them to the exit. The AI
gives them hints and taunts them along the way. The first team to escape wins
immunity from elimination. The second team has to nominate two more
contestants for elimination. Team Blue wins this challenge by escaping first
with the help of William Shatner's leadership and Adam Rippon's puzzle-
solving skills. Team Red loses and has to nominate two more contestants.

The nominations are based on performance and personality clashes. Team Red
nominates Ariel Winter for confusing Lance Armstrong with Neil Armstrong (the
first man on the moon) during the first challenge, which annoys Lance and
makes her feel embarrassed. They also nominate Natasha Leggero for being too
bossy and not contributing much during the challenges.

The final three for elimination are Tom Schwartz, Ariel Winter, and Natasha
Leggero. The AI asks each of them to make a plea for why they should stay on
Mars. Tom says he's sorry for his poor performance and promises to do better
next time. Ariel says she's here to learn new things and have fun. Natasha
says she's here to make people laugh and win the title.

The AI then reveals that this is a special double elimination episode,
meaning that two contestants will be voted off by their fellow mates. The AI
asks each contestant (except for the bottom three) to cast their vote for who
they want to eliminate. The votes are:

- Marshawn Lynch: Tom Schwartz
- Richard Sherman: Tom Schwartz
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse: Natasha Leggero
- Lance Armstrong: Ariel Winter
- William Shatner: Natasha Leggero
- Adam Rippon: Tom Schwartz
- Alyssa Milano: Natasha Leggero
- Naya Rivera: Ariel Winter
- Chris Jericho: Tom Schwartz

The AI announces that Tom Schwartz and Natasha Leggero are eliminated from
Stars On Mars. They say their goodbyes and leave the base in a rover.

The episode ends with a preview of the next episode, where the remaining 10
contestants face more challenges and drama on Mars.

Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"

<u7cl7b$11frl$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191482&group=rec.arts.tv#191482

From: web...@polaris.net (Bing Bard)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 13:13:58 -0400
 by: Bing Bard - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 17:13 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he's supposed to
> be back on earth and doesn't talk to them live because of the 17 minute
> light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that's the
> last time you'll hear me say "cleverly".

I did like that touch.
> And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>
> But the celebrities! OMG.
>
> They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
> reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
> Armstrong is there because he's a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
> out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
> Seriously, Ian?
>
> Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
> members
>
> The Shat!

"Shatty Daddy", the host.
> Natasha Leggero

Female pedian.
> Tallulah Willis

One of Bruce and Dinty Moore's children.
> Ronda Rousey

Female UFC fighter.
> Tom Schwartz

Cast member of VANDERPUMP RULES. I noticed they changed his intro to "known
for his involvement in "Scandoval'" in post-production, which I found
amusing. Hearing him describe his show to what's-his-name was amusing too.
> Tinashe

Hip-hop "singer"/"musician".
> Porsha Williams

She's a stupid slut (as oppsed to an "ignorant slut") from REAL HOUSEWIVES
OF ATLANTA who thought the Underground Railroad was a subway and got involved
(maybe arrested) with Black Lies Matter. Making this even more pathetic is
the fact that her grandfather was a big civil rights activist in the 1960's.
I think she claims she was with him on a march and had rocks thrown at her.
> Adam Rippon

Figure skater, "because Matt Damon was unavailable". I kept confusing him
with Tallulah Willis.
> Marshawn Lynch
> Richard Sherman

Two football player teammates.

> Lance Armstrong

Astronaught.
> Ariel Winter

A girl actress from MODERN FAMILY.
> Christopher Mintz-Plasse

An actor from SUPERBAD, a Seth Grogan movie I have never watched.
> I pick Marshawn as the likely winner, because he has serious unfair
> advantages. (like that another celebrity is a teammate of his in whatever
> it is they do) but mostly because he has the word Mars right there in his
> name.

Shatner told them to choose a mission leader for the next 48 hours (you could
see some of them mentally calculating how long that was). At first, no one
wanted it, but as soon as they learned about the perks, Marshawn was the
first to claim it. After being briefed on their mission, Deshawn delegated
duties to the others and took a nap. While he slept, two took inventory of
their supplies, three took inventory of their garden, and Porsha and Adam
dusted off the various prize patches that were displayed on a shelf. I'm not
sure what the remainder did.

Marshawm was awakened by an announcement that it was mandatory exercise time.
While riding a stationary bike with Lance, he dismissed Lance as not being a
real athelete, even after being told the Tour de France was an eight hour
ride for three weeks. Lance asked if he could use his bathroom because he was
"bathroom shy" with other men and Marshawn refused, stating he didn't want
his "lima bean shit" stinking up his toilet.

The first mini-challenge is to rescue the final contestant, whose vehicle had
some sort of mechanical breakdown and needs rescued before her air runs out.
For some reason, they seemed to know it was a female without being told.
Marshawn sent Ronda and the astronaught out to rescue their teammate. Porsha
worried about how her face would look in her helmet-cam.
> Wait! The alarms are blaring, and the lights are flashing! It's an
> emergency! The Shat appears on the monitor! A fierce Martian sandstorm has
> ensued. (shouldn't they have known this half an hour before he did?) And
> has blown over and smashed to pieces the communication tower that links
> them to earth! (Um, how is he telling them this?)

Yeah, that did cross my mind.

> Tallulah and Marshawn must stay inside as the other 10 repair the tower
> before the Earth is destroyed! But only nine of them will survive.

Tallulah was chosen (by Marshawn?) to be the "mission expert" who helped him
at homebase (and incidentally was immune to elimination).
> There's a lot of talk about solar winds, and the plane of the ecliptic. And
> earth downloading the data to them. I don't think they know what any of
> these words mean.

Fer sure!
> Porsha is complaining about how it's pitch black (although there are lights
> everywhere), and how she can't breathe because of the wind (she's in a
> spacesuit). I am hoping for her to be the first to go. But I'm already at
> the point that I am hoping they feel their mission and the earth is
> destroyed.

I swear I could see the giant fans just out of camera range.

> Come to think of it, if they fail the mission isn't the series over?

Yeah, that did cross my mind.
> Marshawn is supposed to give them instructions like use the winch to raise
> the tower but he has no idea what a winch is.

Oddly enough, when they came back into home base, their faces were covered
with dirt and clay.
> What happens to the people they are going to "extract"? Obviously they
> can't go back to earth. I assume they have to kill them and use them as
> fertilizer.

Deshawn is told he has to choose who is "mission worthy" and then everyone
votes on which one of the remaining three gets eliminated.
> Unfortunately, the first one they choose to survive is Porsha, based on the
> fact that they could hear her voice the whole time. Of course everything
> she was saying was wrong and stupid.
>
> Rhonda will stay! Ariel will stay! Natasha will stay! Natasha didn't do a
> damn thing. In fact, she stood in the distance and said she was staying out
> of the way, and said she didn't do a damn thing. Lance Armstrong will stay,
> but that's because he is the only real astronaut out of the group. Richard
> will stay. Tinashe will stay.
>
> Each person who is going to stay is given a leadership patch even though
> none of them were leaders they were all cattle fodder.
>
> The three not yet chosen are the three frail white boys. One of them says
> "uh-oh they left behind the three frail white boys"
>
> Tom, Adam, and Chris. They are white. They are male. One of them must die.
>
> Now it's time for three frail white guys to literally defend their lives
> before the group is decimated!
>
> Chris says there were too many people out there anyway and he was doing
> them a favor by stepping back and getting out of the way.

Yeah, the exact same thing the Pedian did!
> Adam minces and prances and says he is important because he's hot. The
> others laugh, but then say to the camera that Adam was completely useless
> and didn't do a damn thing.

Sorry, Adam is not hot, nor was he particuarly useful.
> Tom says he got superhuman strength like the Hulk when a mother lifts the
> car to save her baby and the others agree and Tom is saved!
>
> It's down to Chris and Adam. The group has admitted Adam was completely
> useless. The vote is unanimous! They save the gay guy who didn't do
> anything.

Probably because he's gay. Happy Pride Pandering Month!
> Chris is extracted by walking out onto the surface and removing his helmet.
>
> Wow.

Actually, he pulled out a signal flare to be picked up.
> They sentenced him to death, because they don't have enough food. But it
> never occurred to them to eat him. Even on the Snark, they knew enough to
> eat their dead.

I would blame whoever is in charge of this experiment for not proving enough
provisions.
> Marshawn and his teammate start yelling and fighting with each other.
>
> Various scenes from the weeks ahead make me wish them all dead.

Did you notice how often he said "Beast Mode"? I wondered about it until I
saw they're a sponsor in the closing credits.

It was fun to watch, but TBH, I don't know or care enough about the cast to
keep watching.

--
Let's go Brandon!

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191483&group=rec.arts.tv#191483

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Re: STARS ON MARS S01E01 "The Experiment Begins"
Supersedes: <u7cl7b$11frl$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 14:35:24 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 18:35 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> The Shat is literally phoning in his appearance. Cleverly, he's supposed to
> be back on earth and doesn't talk to them live because of the 17 minute
> light speed delay. I really like that. I am also pretty sure that's the
> last time you'll hear me say "cleverly".

I did like that touch.
> And the habitat is kind of cool looking.
>
> But the celebrities! OMG.
>
> They have a redhead from MODERN FAMILY, I think the one who had her breasts
> reduced because they were just too big, Who was all excited that Lance
> Armstrong is there because he's a real astronaut! It took a while to figure
> out that she thinks Lance Armstrong was the first man on the moon.
> Seriously, Ian?
>
> Hey, even as I was dictating this, somebody just filled in the list of cast
> members
>
> The Shat!

"Shatty Daddy", the host.
> Natasha Leggero

Female pedian.
> Tallulah Willis

One of Bruce and Dinty Moore's children.
> Ronda Rousey

Female UFC fighter.
> Tom Schwartz

Cast member of VANDERPUMP RULES. I noticed they changed his intro to "known
for his involvement in "Scandoval'" in post-production, which I found
amusing. Hearing him describe his show to what's-his-name was amusing too.
> Tinashe

Hip-hop "singer"/"musician".
> Porsha Williams

She's a stupid slut (as oppsed to an "ignorant slut") from REAL HOUSEWIVES
OF ATLANTA who thought the Underground Railroad was a subway and got involved
(maybe arrested) with Black Lies Matter. Making this even more pathetic is
the fact that her grandfather was a big civil rights activist in the 1960's.
I think she claims she was with him on a march and had rocks thrown at her.
> Adam Rippon

Figure skater, "because Matt Damon was unavailable". I kept confusing him
with Tallulah Willis.
> Marshawn Lynch
> Richard Sherman

Two football player teammates.

> Lance Armstrong

Astronaught.
> Ariel Winter

A girl actress from MODERN FAMILY.
> Christopher Mintz-Plasse

An actor from SUPERBAD, a Seth Grogan movie I have never watched.
> I pick Marshawn as the likely winner, because he has serious unfair
> advantages. (like that another celebrity is a teammate of his in whatever
> it is they do) but mostly because he has the word Mars right there in his
> name.

Shatner told them to choose a mission leader for the next 48 hours (you could
see some of them mentally calculating how long that was). At first, no one
wanted it, but as soon as they learned about the perks, Marshawn was the
first to claim it. After being briefed on their mission, Deshawn delegated
duties to the others and took a nap. While he slept, two took inventory of
their supplies, three took inventory of their garden, and Porsha and Adam
dusted off the various prize patches that were displayed on a shelf. I'm not
sure what the remainder did.

Marshawm was awakened by an announcement that it was mandatory exercise time.
While riding a stationary bike with Lance, he dismissed Lance as not being a
real athelete, even after being told the Tour de France was an eight hour
ride for three weeks. Lance asked if he could use his bathroom because he was
"bathroom shy" with other men and Marshawn refused, stating he didn't want
his "lima bean shit" stinking up his toilet.

The first mini-challenge is to rescue the final contestant, whose vehicle had
some sort of mechanical breakdown and needs rescued before her air runs out.
For some reason, they seemed to know it was a female without being told.
Marshawn sent Ronda and the astronaught out to rescue their teammate. Porsha
worried about how her face would look in her helmet-cam.
> Wait! The alarms are blaring, and the lights are flashing! It's an
> emergency! The Shat appears on the monitor! A fierce Martian sandstorm has
> ensued. (shouldn't they have known this half an hour before he did?) And
> has blown over and smashed to pieces the communication tower that links
> them to earth! (Um, how is he telling them this?)

Yeah, that did cross my mind.

> Tallulah and Marshawn must stay inside as the other 10 repair the tower
> before the Earth is destroyed! But only nine of them will survive.

Tallulah was chosen (by Marshawn?) to be the "mission expert" who helped him
at homebase (and incidentally was immune to elimination).
> There's a lot of talk about solar winds, and the plane of the ecliptic. And
> earth downloading the data to them. I don't think they know what any of
> these words mean.

Fer sure!