I used to be disgusted, now I find I'm just amused. -- Elvis Costello

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)Ubiquitous
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)suzeeq
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler
 +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)Dimensional Traveler

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)

<UBI20230605@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188858&group=rec.arts.tv#188858

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 04:30:40 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 08:30 UTC

I watched:

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
"How New York Times' Is Working to Reelect 'Sleepy Joe Biden'". BlazeTV host
Chad Prather and writer Jason Buttrill join the show to analyze the recent
puff piece on President Joe Biden from leftist New York Times. House
Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) told reporters today that he
would move to hold FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt of Congress
after viewing the subpoenaed documents that allege President Biden and his
family participated in a crime scheme. A group of young choir kids singing
the "Star-Spangled Banner" inside the U.S. Capitol were told to stop singing
by the Capitol police for fear that the "song might offend someone." Sara
detailed her recent trip to an "All Ages Pride Party" in Dallas over the
weekend. The shocking videos detail unseemly events that took place in front
of children. In another video, a Canadian Elementary school, St. Matthews,
held a Pride Parade during school hours. New York City Mayor Eric Adams is
using $4.2 billion taxpayer funded dollars to house migrants in New York
residents' homes. The migrant crisis has gotten so large they now have to
place them in people's homes in order to get them off the streets. Apple has
announced an augmented reality headset called Apple Vision Pro that
�seamlessly� blends the real and digital world.
https://youtu.be/ScKOCEFBenE

THE CHAD PRATHER SHOW:
"�Serious Panic Mode�: Agency Behind Infamous Bud Light Ad FREAKING Out! ".
Pride Month is upon us, and to commemorate the event, Chad came out as
straight. Truly a brave and stunning display. Speaking of brave and stunning,
former senior Department of Energy official Sam Brinton posted bond on
Thursday after being arrested on May 17 for allegedly stealing more luggage.
It�s nice to see people of the LGBT affiliation living their best life. The
ad agency behind Dylan Mulvaney�s Bud Light partnership is in �serious panic
mode.� Captiv8, a firm based in San Mateo, California, is the outfit that
introduced Anheuser-Busch to the 26-year-old transgender TikTok star. Captiv8
appears to have returned to �business as usual,� but the fallout from the
disastrous ad campaign is ongoing. Speaking of disasters, America�s favorite
former mayor, Lori Lightfoot, will be taking a teaching role as a Menschel
Senior Leadership Fellow at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
because being an abject failure doesn�t disqualify one from teaching
students. The system continues to take care of its own even when those people
are objectively bad at their job. Videos of various Pride events being hosted
at schools across the country are going viral on social media, despite the
fact that LGBT activists continue to say this stuff isn�t being pushed on
kids. This stuff used to happen in the dark, but now we�re openly celebrating
these ideologies. What happened to maintaining childhood innocence? We�re
joined by Ryan Weaver, musician, former U.S. Army Black Hawk aviator, and
motivational speaker, to discuss his experience dealing with woke record
executives in the music industry and having social media throttling (or
deleting, in the case of Twitter) his accounts. The battle for true free
speech continues.
https://youtu.be/GqRdxy-Tz1w

HISTORY'S GREATEST MYSTERIES:
"The Search For El Dorado". El Dorado is a legendary ancient city said to be
overflowing with gold. For centuries, explorers put their lives on the line
searching for it. Zzzz...

YouTube:
"Star Trek Retro Review: "Beyond the Farthest Star"".
https://youtu.be/swwLuj5vLbI

"The Circleville Letters Mystery | Why can't we solve this?".
We all keep secrets.
For most of us, these are nothing more than minor embarrassing details about
ourselves. But some of us have dark secrets which, if discovered, could
destroy lives.
For years, the residents of Circleville, Ohio, received bizarre, threatening
letters; from someone who somehow knew every salacious detail of their
personal lives.
The letters cost people their jobs, their marriages, their freedom, and
sometimes, their lives.
Over a thousand letters were sent over *20 years*.
Yet somehow, whoever wrote them got away with it. Or did they?
Officially this case is closed. But for decades, many people felt that the
real culprit is still at large.
Let's find out why.
https://youtu.be/1hCz21GCFdw

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)

<u5ncvh$obpn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188880&group=rec.arts.tv#188880

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 06:40:02 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:40 UTC

On 2023-06-06 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Yesterday was a strange day - it was the first day of summer session,
and things went wrong/didn't happen that were supposed to happen, so I
had to go deal with that after class, and then run some errands, and
then later do some chores.

As a result, I didn't get through much yesterday:

soaps: DOOL - Yeah, this went exactly how I figured - Sloan sabotaged
the paternity test by substituting her own DNA for Eric's (uh, wouldn't
the *paternity* test have picked up that it was *female* DNA?!!).
(Off-camera: Gwen is all mean to Chloe after work...) but when Chloe
comes home Xander talks her out of quitting, and then plants one on
her! Megan wants Kristen to marry her son, Dmitri - WHAT?!! (How is
Kristen not a "blood relation"?!!) But, later, Gwen shows up to
interview Dmitri, and I think he is going to try to marry Gwen instead.
GH - Pathetic. Carly patently refuses to use the footage of the arms
deal to save herself and send Sonny away for good! In a development I
didn't see coming, Austin's EVOL cousin is apparently somehow mixed up
with the enemies of Pikeman's deal with Sonny. Spencer admits to Trina
that he thinks Victor's evidence against Esme is forged, and she seems
to talk him out of trying to use it against Esme anyway.

The Blacklist (recorded) - "Blair Foster" (No. 39! they're finally
going back to some low numbers!!) (ep. #10.16).
It may be my imagination, but this actually seemed like a "good"
episode (finally!!).
Red finally puts them on the trail of a real blacklister - an
EVOL!!1! attorney (Francie Swift, who's about my age, and who's been
around a long time, though I couldn't place her while watching the
epie...), who's a DC "fixer" (you know - like Ray Donovan, but much
more EVOL!!1!). The "fixer" is currently working to eliminate a
whistleblower against a consumer products company that has (or had?)
carcinogens in its best selling household cleaner. Can the task force
get to the evidence before the EVOL!!1! cleaner's goons do?!
Meanwhile, the Senator and Congressman are breathing down the Task
Force's and Cynthia Panabaker's neck - going to a judge to get a
subpeona to force the task force to make its records public(?) (or at
least put it before Congress?). But the Senator and Congressman lose
before the judge! The Senator is going to hold a press conference and
go public anyway!!
Red spontaneously goes to Cuba to track down one of the fixers
goons, but is really there to try to see Weecha again. (Boring!)
The task force get the goon to flip on the EVOL!!1! fixer. They
arrest her!! She refuses to hand over all of her records, but makes a
deal to flip on the EVOL!!1! consumer products company... and to give
dirt on the Senator to Cooper! (How did Red even know about this
"dirt"?!?!!) The Senator retires! The Congressman is screwed!
But, at the end, the Congressman gets a call from the EVOL!!1! fixer
lady, who wants to team up with him to take down the task force. (But
she doesn't know she's messing with Red Reddington!!)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)

<u5ndhk$vusq$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188882&group=rec.arts.tv#188882

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 06:49:40 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:49 UTC

On 6/6/2023 6:40 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-06-06 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Yesterday was a strange day - it was the first day of summer session,
> and things went wrong/didn't happen that were supposed to happen, so I
> had to go deal with that after class, and then run some errands, and
> then later do some chores.
>
> As a result, I didn't get through much yesterday:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Yeah, this went exactly how I figured - Sloan sabotaged
> the paternity test by substituting her own DNA for Eric's (uh, wouldn't
> the *paternity* test have picked up that it was *female* DNA?!!).

Everyone else is wondering that too.

> (Off-camera: Gwen is all mean to Chloe after work...) but when Chloe
> comes home Xander talks her out of quitting, and then plants one on her!
> Megan wants Kristen to marry her son, Dmitri - WHAT?!! (How is Kristen
> not a "blood relation"?!!) But, later, Gwen shows up to interview
> Dmitri, and I think he is going to try to marry Gwen instead.

Stefano adopted her.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)

<u5nfc1$oito$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188886&group=rec.arts.tv#188886

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 07:20:50 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 14:20 UTC

On 6/6/2023 6:40 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-06-06 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Yesterday was a strange day - it was the first day of summer session,
> and things went wrong/didn't happen that were supposed to happen, so I
> had to go deal with that after class, and then run some errands, and
> then later do some chores.
>
> As a result, I didn't get through much yesterday:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Yeah, this went exactly how I figured - Sloan sabotaged
> the paternity test by substituting her own DNA for Eric's (uh, wouldn't
> the *paternity* test have picked up that it was *female* DNA?!!).
> (Off-camera: Gwen is all mean to Chloe after work...) but when Chloe
> comes home Xander talks her out of quitting, and then plants one on her!
> Megan wants Kristen to marry her son, Dmitri - WHAT?!! (How is Kristen
> not a "blood relation"?!!) But, later, Gwen shows up to interview
> Dmitri, and I think he is going to try to marry Gwen instead.
>   GH - Pathetic. Carly patently refuses to use the footage of the arms
> deal to save herself and send Sonny away for good! In a development I
> didn't see coming, Austin's EVOL cousin is apparently somehow mixed up
> with the enemies of Pikeman's deal with Sonny. Spencer admits to Trina
> that he thinks Victor's evidence against Esme is forged, and she seems
> to talk him out of trying to use it against Esme anyway.
>
> The Blacklist (recorded) - "Blair Foster" (No. 39! they're finally going
> back to some low numbers!!) (ep. #10.16).
>   It may be my imagination, but this actually seemed like a "good"
> episode (finally!!).
>   Red finally puts them on the trail of a real blacklister - an
> EVOL!!1! attorney (Francie Swift, who's about my age, and who's been
> around a long time, though I couldn't place her while watching the
> epie...), who's a DC "fixer" (you know - like Ray Donovan, but much more
> EVOL!!1!). The "fixer" is currently working to eliminate a whistleblower
> against a consumer products company that has (or had?) carcinogens in
> its best selling household cleaner. Can the task force get to the
> evidence before the EVOL!!1! cleaner's goons do?!

How does Red know about her? Previous Blacklisters were people that Red
would have encountered during his time as an international crime boss.
But lately he's coming up with low level people that he has no reason to
be aware of.

>   Meanwhile, the Senator and Congressman are breathing down the Task
> Force's and Cynthia Panabaker's neck - going to a judge to get a
> subpeona to force the task force to make its records public(?) (or at
> least put it before Congress?). But the Senator and Congressman lose
> before the judge! The Senator is going to hold a press conference and go
> public anyway!!
>   Red spontaneously goes to Cuba to track down one of the fixers goons,
> but is really there to try to see Weecha again. (Boring!)
>   The task force get the goon to flip on the EVOL!!1! fixer. They
> arrest her!! She refuses to hand over all of her records, but makes a
> deal to flip on the EVOL!!1! consumer products company... and to give
> dirt on the Senator to Cooper! (How did Red even know about this
> "dirt"?!?!!) The Senator retires! The Congressman is screwed!
>   But, at the end, the Congressman gets a call from the EVOL!!1! fixer
> lady, who wants to team up with him to take down the task force. (But
> she doesn't know she's messing with Red Reddington!!)

I watched:

The Blacklist - I caught up on the last three episodes.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (blu-ray) 2013 DC animated movie.
The Flash goes back in time to save his mother's life. But the
changes to the timeline result in a war between the Amazons and
Atlantians that threaten to destroy the world. And Batman is now Thomas
Wayne. This movie is brutally violent. I had no idea when the movie
came out in 2013 but this is the first movie in a series of
interconnected movies that finally wrapped up with 2020's "Justice
League Dark: Apokolips War." I have most, if not all of them on disc,
and with one exception, I've only watched them once. I'm going to *try*
and revisit a few of them now that I know they are connected to see how
the overall story plays out. I watched this with the commentary. One
of the first things they said on the commentary was this movie was the
blueprint in case one day in the future someone decided to make a live
action Flashpoint movie. Actually, they spend a lot of time on the
commentary talking about a nonexistent live action Flash movie. Only
took 10 years...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)

<u5nq92$q793$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188919&group=rec.arts.tv#188919

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:27:00 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 17:27 UTC

Stargate: SG-1 S6E05 'Nightwalkers'
"After Sam receives an emergency call from geneticist Dr. Richard
Flemming, the SGC learns that he has been working for Immunotech a
company owned by Adrian Conrad, who implanted himself with a Goa'uld
symbiote in order to cure himself. Fleming has now gone missing and
General Hammond orders Sam, Jonas and Teal'c to investigate. They head
to Oregon when Fleming lived and worked and learn from the local Sheriff
that Fleming isn't the first Immunotech worker to disappear. The locals
are acting strangely and seem to suffer from memory lapses. What they
eventually find is a town full of Goa'uld and NID seemingly aware of
everything that is going on."

Sam Carter: You knew who Adrian Conrad was didn't you.
Jonas: Well I've memorized all of your mission reports. I just don't
want people around here thinking I'm... strange.
Sam Carter: People don't think your strange.
Jonas: What about Colonel O'Neill?
Sam Carter: [pause] Let's get some lunch.

[The trio has just arrived in Stevenston.]
Sam Carter: [to Jonas] I'm gonna go talk to the Sheriff. Keep an eye on
Teal'c.
Jonas: Sure.
[Sam steps over to Teal'c][sotto voice] Keep an eye on Jonas.

Teal'c: The people of this town are behaving strangely. Even for humans.

Trivia: Steveston, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada is used to
represent Steveston, Oregon. This is the same town used as Storybrooke
in Once Upon a Time (2011) and in Godzilla (2014) as the town where Lt.
Ford Brody joins the nuclear bomb headed to San Francisco.

Jonas may not have his mug anymore but he's still constantly eating.

Director Cameo: Peter DeLuise leaving the diner picking his teeth. Such
a classy guy.

Commentary: Peter DeLuise (director) and Peter Woeste (FX producer).
Peter and Peter. Lot of talk about how they were trying to get a horror
movie vibe and look. The ice cubes in the drinks in the bar scene are
noiseless plastic "ice" cubes.

What Did You Watch?

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-05 (Monday)

<u5nqak$q793$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188920&group=rec.arts.tv#188920

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:27:50 -0700

On 6/6/2023 6:49 AM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 6/6/2023 6:40 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2023-06-06 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Yesterday was a strange day - it was the first day of summer session,
>> and things went wrong/didn't happen that were supposed to happen, so I
>> had to go deal with that after class, and then run some errands, and
>> then later do some chores.
>>
>> As a result, I didn't get through much yesterday:
>>
>> soaps: DOOL - Yeah, this went exactly how I figured - Sloan sabotaged
>> the paternity test by substituting her own DNA for Eric's (uh,
>> wouldn't the *paternity* test have picked up that it was *female*
>> DNA?!!).
>
> Everyone else is wondering that too.

Maybe there's something everyone doesn't know about Sloan.... O_o

dirty old man.