Don't abandon hope: your Tom Mix decoder ring arrives tomorrow.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School District

SubjectAuthor
* Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School DistrictBTR1701
+- Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School DistrictRhino
+* Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School DistrictIan J. Ball
|`- Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School Districtanim8rfsk
`- Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School DistrictAdam H. Kerman

1
Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School District

<huGcnVjjwfKN--L5nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188910&group=rec.arts.tv#188910

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School District
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 17:00:00 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 17:00 UTC

A school district in Vermont was forced to pay a settlement to a local family
that was punished for speaking out against inappropriate conduct from a
transgender student athlete in a girls' high school locker-room.

Last year, a coach at Randolph Union Middle School complained that a male
student identifying as a transgender girl was allowed to "creep out" girls in
girls' locker-rooms. Travis Allen, a girls' soccer coach at the school,
informed district officials that the student in question was making the girls
uncomfortable.

After issuing his complaint, the district suspended and later fired Allen,
alleging that he "misgendered" the student. "I made a media post, or sorry, a
social media post that referred to the male student as a male and I was
punished because I misgendered him," he told Fox News in an interview last
fall.

His daughter, Blake, was also punished after claiming that the student made
"inappropriate comments" that made the team uncomfortable. Blake Parker was
later sanctioned by the school while she and her teammates were barred from
using their own locker-room.

Allen took legal action against the district last October, which was detailed
in a report from The Daily Signal. The lawsuit claimed that Travis Allen and
his daughter "were punished for expressing their view on a matter of profound
public concern: whether a teenage male who 'identifies' as female should be
permitted to change in a girls' locker room, regardless of the discomfort
experienced by the girls in that room."

"In objecting to a male being in the room while the girls are changing, Travis
and Blake each made comments underscoring that the trans-identifying student
is in fact a male, including by using male pronouns," the lawsuit continued.
"Yet, their remarks were too much for Defendants' transgender orthodoxy--
Travis was deemed to have 'misgendered' the student, while Blake was found
guilty of 'harassment and bullying'-- so Defendants disciplined both of
them."

On Thursday, the Daily Signal reported that the district has agreed to pay a
$125,000 settlement for damages and lawyer fees to the Allen family. Under the
settlement, the district will reinstate Allen and scrub any disciplinary
records against him or his daughter.

The Alliance Defending Freedom-- a Christian legal advocacy group who handled
the family's case-- hailed the settlement as a massive victory. "The
settlement of Blake and Travis Allen’s case is a resounding victory for
freedom of speech," Phil Sechler, senior counsel at the Alliance Defending
Freedom, told The Daily Signal.

"Calling a male a male shouldn't have cost Travis his job and gotten Blake
kicked out of school," he added. "We are very glad that the school agreed to
do the right thing by giving Travis his coaching job back and dropping the
discipline against Blake. Everyone has the right to speak freely and we are
grateful that this settlement further protects that right."

https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/school-district-pays-125000-settlement-after-punishing-family-for-speaking-out-against-transgender-student-cmc/?utm_source=cw

Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School District

<u5npf0$pjuo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188916&group=rec.arts.tv#188916

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:13:03 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 17:13 UTC

On 2023-06-06 1:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
> settlement, the district will reinstate Allen and scrub any disciplinary
> records against him or his daughter.
>
> The Alliance Defending Freedom-- a Christian legal advocacy group who handled
> the family's case-- hailed the settlement as a massive victory. "The
> settlement of Blake and Travis Allen’s case is a resounding victory for
> freedom of speech," Phil Sechler, senior counsel at the Alliance Defending
> Freedom, told The Daily Signal.
>
> "Calling a male a male shouldn't have cost Travis his job and gotten Blake
> kicked out of school," he added. "We are very glad that the school agreed to
> do the right thing by giving Travis his coaching job back and dropping the
> discipline against Blake. Everyone has the right to speak freely and we are
> grateful that this settlement further protects that right."

YES! A great resolution to the suit!
--
Rhino

Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School District

<u5nt2t$qinq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188929&group=rec.arts.tv#188929

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:14:53 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 18:14 UTC

On 2023-06-06 17:00:00 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> A school district in Vermont was forced to pay a settlement to a local family
> that was punished for speaking out against inappropriate conduct from a
> transgender student athlete in a girls' high school locker-room.
>
> Last year, a coach at Randolph Union Middle School complained that a male
> student identifying as a transgender girl was allowed to "creep out" girls in
> girls' locker-rooms. Travis Allen, a girls' soccer coach at the school,
> informed district officials that the student in question was making the girls
> uncomfortable.
>
> After issuing his complaint, the district suspended and later fired Allen,
> alleging that he "misgendered" the student. "I made a media post, or sorry, a
> social media post that referred to the male student as a male and I was
> punished because I misgendered him," he told Fox News in an interview last
> fall.
>
> His daughter, Blake, was also punished after claiming that the student made
> "inappropriate comments" that made the team uncomfortable. Blake Parker was
> later sanctioned by the school while she and her teammates were barred from
> using their own locker-room.
>
> Allen took legal action against the district last October, which was detailed
> in a report from The Daily Signal. The lawsuit claimed that Travis Allen and
> his daughter "were punished for expressing their view on a matter of profound
> public concern: whether a teenage male who 'identifies' as female should be
> permitted to change in a girls' locker room, regardless of the discomfort
> experienced by the girls in that room."
>
> "In objecting to a male being in the room while the girls are changing, Travis
> and Blake each made comments underscoring that the trans-identifying student
> is in fact a male, including by using male pronouns," the lawsuit continued.
> "Yet, their remarks were too much for Defendants' transgender orthodoxy--
> Travis was deemed to have 'misgendered' the student, while Blake was found
> guilty of 'harassment and bullying'-- so Defendants disciplined both of
> them."
>
> On Thursday, the Daily Signal reported that the district has agreed to pay a
> $125,000 settlement for damages and lawyer fees to the Allen family. Under the
> settlement, the district will reinstate Allen and scrub any disciplinary
> records against him or his daughter.
>
> The Alliance Defending Freedom-- a Christian legal advocacy group who handled
> the family's case-- hailed the settlement as a massive victory. "The
> settlement of Blake and Travis Allen’s case is a resounding victory for
> freedom of speech," Phil Sechler, senior counsel at the Alliance Defending
> Freedom, told The Daily Signal.

It's not a "massive victory" as they don't seemed to have overturned
the policy.

> "Calling a male a male shouldn't have cost Travis his job and gotten Blake
> kicked out of school," he added. "We are very glad that the school agreed to
> do the right thing by giving Travis his coaching job back and dropping the
> discipline against Blake. Everyone has the right to speak freely and we are
> grateful that this settlement further protects that right."
>

> https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/school-district-pays-125000-settlement-after-punishing-family-for-speaking-out-against-transgender-student-cmc/?utm_source=cw

Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School District

<1419276916.707769234.168618.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188930&group=rec.arts.tv#188930

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:38:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 18:38 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-06 17:00:00 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> A school district in Vermont was forced to pay a settlement to a local family
>> that was punished for speaking out against inappropriate conduct from a
>> transgender student athlete in a girls' high school locker-room.
>>
>> Last year, a coach at Randolph Union Middle School complained that a male
>> student identifying as a transgender girl was allowed to "creep out" girls in
>> girls' locker-rooms. Travis Allen, a girls' soccer coach at the school,
>> informed district officials that the student in question was making the girls
>> uncomfortable.
>>
>> After issuing his complaint, the district suspended and later fired Allen,
>> alleging that he "misgendered" the student. "I made a media post, or sorry, a
>> social media post that referred to the male student as a male and I was
>> punished because I misgendered him," he told Fox News in an interview last
>> fall.
>>
>> His daughter, Blake, was also punished after claiming that the student made
>> "inappropriate comments" that made the team uncomfortable. Blake Parker was
>> later sanctioned by the school while she and her teammates were barred from
>> using their own locker-room.
>>
>> Allen took legal action against the district last October, which was detailed
>> in a report from The Daily Signal. The lawsuit claimed that Travis Allen and
>> his daughter "were punished for expressing their view on a matter of profound
>> public concern: whether a teenage male who 'identifies' as female should be
>> permitted to change in a girls' locker room, regardless of the discomfort
>> experienced by the girls in that room."
>>
>> "In objecting to a male being in the room while the girls are changing, Travis
>> and Blake each made comments underscoring that the trans-identifying student
>> is in fact a male, including by using male pronouns," the lawsuit continued.
>> "Yet, their remarks were too much for Defendants' transgender orthodoxy--
>> Travis was deemed to have 'misgendered' the student, while Blake was found
>> guilty of 'harassment and bullying'-- so Defendants disciplined both of
>> them."
>>
>> On Thursday, the Daily Signal reported that the district has agreed to pay a
>> $125,000 settlement for damages and lawyer fees to the Allen family. Under the
>> settlement, the district will reinstate Allen and scrub any disciplinary
>> records against him or his daughter.
>>
>> The Alliance Defending Freedom-- a Christian legal advocacy group who handled
>> the family's case-- hailed the settlement as a massive victory. "The
>> settlement of Blake and Travis Allen’s case is a resounding victory for
>> freedom of speech," Phil Sechler, senior counsel at the Alliance Defending
>> Freedom, told The Daily Signal.
>
> It's not a "massive victory" as they don't seemed to have overturned
> the policy.

Or banned the jerk from the locker room.

>> "Calling a male a male shouldn't have cost Travis his job and gotten Blake
>> kicked out of school," he added. "We are very glad that the school agreed to
>> do the right thing by giving Travis his coaching job back and dropping the
>> discipline against Blake. Everyone has the right to speak freely and we are
>> grateful that this settlement further protects that right."
>>

>> https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/school-district-pays-125000-settlement-after-punishing-family-for-speaking-out-against-transgender-student-cmc/?utm_source=cw

Re: Vermont School Coach Wins Lawsuit Against Woke School District

<u5oa2q$rr4q$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=188942&group=rec.arts.tv#188942

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 21:56:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 21:56 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>A school district in Vermont was forced to pay a settlement to a local family
>that was punished for speaking out against inappropriate conduct from a
>transgender student athlete in a girls' high school locker-room. . . .

Oh happy day