How untasteful can you get?

arts / rec.arts.tv / DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

SubjectAuthor
* DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!Ian J. Ball
+- Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!suzeeq
+* Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!Adam H. Kerman
|+- Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!anim8rfsk
|`- Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!A Friend
`* Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!Nyssa
 `- Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!suzeeq

1
DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

<u5rfne$1dh7i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189057&group=rec.arts.tv#189057

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 19:51:26 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 02:51 UTC

Whoa!!

https://deadline.com/2023/06/days-of-our-lives-bill-hayes-98th-birthday-1235411453/

I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was *that* old!! And he's still
doing storylines! Hell, he just played The Devil recently!!

This dude blows people like Constance Towers away! He must be the
oldest person in daytime! Hell, he may be the oldest regularly
recurring player on daytime *ever*!!

Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

<u5rgvj$11vjv$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189061&group=rec.arts.tv#189061

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 20:12:51 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 03:12 UTC

On 6/7/2023 7:51 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> Whoa!!
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/06/days-of-our-lives-bill-hayes-98th-birthday-1235411453/
>

> I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was *that* old!! And he's still
> doing storylines! Hell, he just played The Devil recently!!

Yay!

> This dude blows people like Constance Towers away! He must be the oldest
> person in daytime! Hell, he may be the oldest regularly recurring player
> on daytime *ever*!!

Probably. He outlived John Aniston.

Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

<u5rkt7$1dqv0$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189070&group=rec.arts.tv#189070

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 04:19:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 04:19 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>Whoa!!

>https://deadline.com/2023/06/days-of-our-lives-bill-hayes-98th-birthday-1235411453/

>I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was *that* old!! And he's still
>doing storylines! Hell, he just played The Devil recently!!

>This dude blows people like Constance Towers away! He must be the
>oldest person in daytime! Hell, he may be the oldest regularly
>recurring player on daytime *ever*!!

Good for him.

I just read the Wikipedia article on "The Ballad of Davy Crockett".
That's really Fess Parker singing in his first episode. After the
episode, there were three versions of the song released. The one sung by
Bill Hayes topped the charts. Parker released his own version, and so
did Tennessee Ernie Frod.

Disney never used the Hayes verion for tv. The version for the
miniseries was sung by the Wellingtons, which I can still hear in my
mind, having watching this as a kid (in reruns).

Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

<750632086.707897318.426596.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189080&group=rec.arts.tv#189080

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:04:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 08:04 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Whoa!!
>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/06/days-of-our-lives-bill-hayes-98th-birthday-1235411453/
>
>> I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was *that* old!! And he's still
>> doing storylines! Hell, he just played The Devil recently!!
>
>> This dude blows people like Constance Towers away! He must be the
>> oldest person in daytime! Hell, he may be the oldest regularly
>> recurring player on daytime *ever*!!
>
> Good for him.
>
> I just read the Wikipedia article on "The Ballad of Davy Crockett".
> That's really Fess Parker singing in his first episode. After the
> episode, there were three versions of the song released. The one sung by
> Bill Hayes topped the charts. Parker released his own version, and so
> did Tennessee Ernie Frod.
>
> Disney never used the Hayes verion for tv. The version for the
> miniseries was sung by the Wellingtons, which I can still hear in my
> mind, having watching this as a kid (in reruns).

You mean the Mosquitoes

Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

<080620230642292317%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189084&group=rec.arts.tv#189084

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 06:42:29 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 10:42 UTC

In article <u5rkt7$1dqv0$4@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Whoa!!
>

> >>https://deadline.com/2023/06/days-of-our-lives-bill-hayes-98th-birthday-1235
> >411453/
>
> >I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was *that* old!! And he's still
> >doing storylines! Hell, he just played The Devil recently!!
>
> >This dude blows people like Constance Towers away! He must be the
> >oldest person in daytime! Hell, he may be the oldest regularly
> >recurring player on daytime *ever*!!
>
> Good for him.
>
> I just read the Wikipedia article on "The Ballad of Davy Crockett".
> That's really Fess Parker singing in his first episode. After the
> episode, there were three versions of the song released. The one sung by
> Bill Hayes topped the charts. Parker released his own version, and so
> did Tennessee Ernie Frod.
>
> Disney never used the Hayes verion for tv. The version for the
> miniseries was sung by the Wellingtons, which I can still hear in my
> mind, having watching this as a kid (in reruns).

The Bill Hayes version was rushed out to capitalize on the truly
awesome success of the Crockett miniseries. Even Walt himself was
caught off-guard by the Hayes release, and he never let that kind of
thing happen again.

BTW time was when Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes were regarded as the
first couple of daytime drama, as the industry liked to call it.

https://www.welovesoaps.net/2008/12/flashback-sex-and-suffering-in.html

Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

<u5snsl$1hia0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189100&group=rec.arts.tv#189100

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 10:15:29 -0400
 by: Nyssa - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 14:15 UTC

Ian J. Ball wrote:

> Whoa!!
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/06/days-of-our-lives-bill-hayes-98th-
birthday-1235411453/

> I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was *that* old!!
> And he's still doing storylines! Hell, he just played The
> Devil recently!!
>
> This dude blows people like Constance Towers away! He must
> be the oldest person in daytime! Hell, he may be the
> oldest regularly recurring player on daytime *ever*!!

Good on him!

I used to watch DOOL back in the days of Doug's Place.
Seeing/hearing some of the actors perform the songs
was a nice break from all of the angst of the regular
storylines. (Robert Clary among others.)

I hope his good health continues.

Nyssa, who wouldn't be able to watch a 100th birthday
celebration for him on DOOL since it's all streaming
only now, but maybe that will change before the event
occurs

Re: DOOL News: Holy SH*T!! Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) Is 98!!

<u5srac$11b94$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189109&group=rec.arts.tv#189109

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 08:15:23 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 15:15 UTC

On 6/8/2023 7:15 AM, Nyssa wrote:
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
>> Whoa!!
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/06/days-of-our-lives-bill-hayes-98th-
> birthday-1235411453/
>>

>> I knew he was old, but I had no idea he was *that* old!!
>> And he's still doing storylines! Hell, he just played The
>> Devil recently!!
>>
>> This dude blows people like Constance Towers away! He must
>> be the oldest person in daytime! Hell, he may be the
>> oldest regularly recurring player on daytime *ever*!!
>>

> Good on him!
>
> I used to watch DOOL back in the days of Doug's Place.
> Seeing/hearing some of the actors perform the songs
> was a nice break from all of the angst of the regular
> storylines. (Robert Clary among others.)
>
> I hope his good health continues.
>
> Nyssa, who wouldn't be able to watch a 100th birthday
> celebration for him on DOOL since it's all streaming
> only now, but maybe that will change before the event
> occurs

It probably won't, but you may be able to find it on youtube when the
tine comes.