There is no fool to the old fool. -- John Heywood

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

SubjectAuthor
* Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailUbiquitous
`* Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailBTR1701
 +- Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemailanim8rfsk
 +* Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailAdam H. Kerman
 |+* Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailIan J. Ball
 ||`* Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailAdam H. Kerman
 || +- Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemailsuper70s
 || `* Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailUbiquitous
 ||  `- Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailIan J. Ball
 |`- Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailThe Horny Goat
 `- Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious VoicemailUbiquitous

1
Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<U5q3na$14aa1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189032&group=rec.arts.tv#189032

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl,rec.pets.dogs
Subject: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2023 19:42:55 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 23:42 UTC

�SNL� actor Pete Davidson shared some harsh words with an executive
from the animal rights organization, People for the Ethical Treatment
of Animals (PETA) after being scolded for purchasing a new dog from a
pet store rather than adopting one.

The 29-year-old comedian left an explicit voicemail on Monday for
Daphna Nachminovitch, the senior vice president of PETA�s Cruelty
Investigations Department, after she released a statement about
Davidson shopping for a dog.

�Thank you so much for making comments publicly that I didn�t adopt a
dog,� Davidson said in the recording, per a report from Fox News. �I
just want to let you know I�m severely allergic to dogs, so I have to
get a specific breed. I�m only not allergic to Cavapoos, and those type
of dogs.�

�And my mom�s f***ing dog, who�s two years old, died a week prior, and
we�re all so sad,� the actor continued. �So I had to get a specific
dog. So why don�t you do your research before f***ing create[ing] news
story for people because you�re a boring, tired c***. F*** you. And
suck my d***.�

The Cavapoo is a mixed breed that combines the Cavalier King Charles
spaniel and poodle. It�s known for being �hypoallergenic� and is
supposedly non-irritating for dog owners with allergies.

Davidson�s friend had previously posted on social media that the
actor�s dog, Henry, had died just ahead of the �Bupkis� premiere day on
May 4. Davidson and his girlfriend, Chase Sui Wonders, were later
photographed shopping for a new dog at the Citipups pet store in New
York City.

This led to PETA releasing a statement: �It�s tragic that Pete didn�t
seek out a borough-born mutt from a city animal shelter, because a
scrappy New Yorker with charm, personality, and unconventional
handsomeness could have been his perfect match. Since shelters in New
York and across the country are overflowing with homeless animals, PETA
urges Pete to show some big heart energy by adopting, not shopping, in
the future.�

Davidson replied via his own statement to TMZ, saying that he initially
sought to �adopt a specific hypoallergenic dog� and that he was told
�it wasn�t an option, and if it was, it was rare.�

The �SNL� alum also said he was sorry for his harshly worded voicemail
but explained how he spoke out of grief.

�I haven�t seen my mom and sister cry like that in over 20 years. I was
trying to cheer up my family. I was already upset that the store had
filmed me without my permission or acknowledgment. Then this
organization (PETA) made a public example of us, making our grieving
situation worse. I am upset. It was a poor choice of words. I shouldn�t
have said what I said, but I am not sorry for standing up for myself
and my family.�

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILY WIRE APP

PETA responded, insisting that Davidson could have found the breed he
wanted at a shelter and shouldn�t have visited a pet store.

�Our hearts go out to Pete and the rest of the Davidson family for the
loss of their beloved dog, but there�s no excuse for promoting the
puppy mill industry by buying a dog from a pet store when millions of
wonderful dogs await loving homes in animal shelters. Anyone set on
finding a dog of a specific breed can go to shelters, where an
estimated 25% of dogs are �purebreds,� check with adoption groups, or
search Petfinder online,� PETA wrote.

�Citipups, the store where Pete purchased his dog, has come under fire
for allegedly selling sick puppies who have died prematurely. We know
Pete cares about animals and was trying to do a nice thing for his
family, but he has millions of impressionable fans and his choices
matter�so the next time he�s ready to welcome an animal into the
family, we hope he makes the compassionate choice to adopt, not buy.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<atropos-6DF53E.16585207062023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189038&group=rec.arts.tv#189038

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl,rec.pets.dogs
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2023 16:58:52 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 23:58 UTC

In article <U5q3na$14aa1$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> "Our hearts go out to Pete and the rest of the Davidson family for the
> loss of their beloved dog, but there's no excuse for promoting the
> puppy mill industry by buying a dog from a pet store when millions of
> wonderful dogs await loving homes in animal shelters. Anyone set on
> finding a dog of a specific breed can go to shelters, where an
> estimated 25% of dogs are 'purebreds'� check with adoption groups, or
> search Petfinder online," PETA wrote.
>
> "Citipups, the store where Pete purchased his dog, has come under fire
> for allegedly selling sick puppies who have died prematurely. We know
> Pete cares about animals and was trying to do a nice thing for his
> family, but he has millions of impressionable fans and his choices
> matter... so the next time he�s ready to welcome an animal into the
> family, we hope he makes the compassionate choice to adopt, not buy."

Wow, those PETA people really are shitbags, aren't they? Not only for
how they behaved here but they're making me defend Pete Davidson, who is
basically the concept of meth given human form.

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<1095885084.707877028.224354.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189043&group=rec.arts.tv#189043

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl,rec.pets.dogs
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 18:01:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:01 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> wonderful dogs await loving homes in animal shelters. Anyone set on
>> finding a dog of a specific breed can go to shelters, where an
>> estimated 25% of dogs are 'purebreds'’ check with adoption groups, or
>> search Petfinder online," PETA wrote.
>>
>> "Citipups, the store where Pete purchased his dog, has come under fire
>> for allegedly selling sick puppies who have died prematurely. We know
>> Pete cares about animals and was trying to do a nice thing for his
>> family, but he has millions of impressionable fans and his choices
>> matter... so the next time he’s ready to welcome an animal into the
>> family, we hope he makes the compassionate choice to adopt, not buy."
>
> Wow, those PETA people really are shitbags, aren't they? Not only for
> how they behaved here but they're making me defend Pete Davidson, who is
> basically the concept of meth given human form.

I’d pay real money to see him going to PETA headquarters and shoot the
place up.

HOW DO THEY RECONCILE THEIR POSITION ON WHERE YOU SHOULD GET A DOG WITH THE
FACT THAT THEY DON’T THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE A DOG AT ALL AND THEY WILL, AND
HAVE LITERALLY COME ONTO YOUR PROPERTY, STEAL YOUR DOG, AND KILL IT?

Also, why did spellcheck after the fact change that to all capitals?

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<u5rboi$19gco$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189047&group=rec.arts.tv#189047

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:43:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:43 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>SNL actor Pete Davidson shared some harsh words with an executive
>>from the animal rights organization, People for the Ethical Treatment
>>of Animals (PETA) after being scolded for purchasing a new dog from a
>>pet store rather than adopting one.

>>. . .

>Wow, those PETA people really are shitbags, aren't they? Not only for
>how they behaved here but they're making me defend Pete Davidson, who is
>basically the concept of meth given human form.

Yeah, that is evil. I still haven't recovered from Eff Pee Pee being
less wrong than not-Irish Mike in a thread a week ago. You better not
use Usenet on the day trots shows kindness and respect to everyone he
posts a followup to and refrains from making gay lames and talking about
asses.

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<u5rcpi$1d87l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189048&group=rec.arts.tv#189048

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 19:01:22 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 02:01 UTC

On 2023-06-08 01:43:46 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> SNL actor Pete Davidson shared some harsh words with an executive
>>> from the animal rights organization, People for the Ethical Treatment
>>> of Animals (PETA) after being scolded for purchasing a new dog from a
>>> pet store rather than adopting one.
>
>>> . . .
>
>> Wow, those PETA people really are shitbags, aren't they? Not only for
>> how they behaved here but they're making me defend Pete Davidson, who is
>> basically the concept of meth given human form.
>
> Yeah, that is evil. I still haven't recovered from Eff Pee Pee being
> less wrong than not-Irish Mike in a thread a week ago. You better not
> use Usenet on the day trots shows kindness and respect to everyone he
> posts a followup to and refrains from making gay lames and talking about
> asses.

Trotsky is literally never "less wrong" than anybody. If you think
this, you have made an error.

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<u5rd4k$1da5f$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189050&group=rec.arts.tv#189050

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 02:07:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 02:07 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-06-08 01:43:46 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Wow, those PETA people really are shitbags, aren't they? Not only for
>>>how they behaved here but they're making me defend Pete Davidson, who is
>>>basically the concept of meth given human form.

>>Yeah, that is evil. I still haven't recovered from Eff Pee Pee being
>>less wrong than not-Irish Mike in a thread a week ago. You better not
>>use Usenet on the day trots shows kindness and respect to everyone he
>>posts a followup to and refrains from making gay lames and talking about
>>asses.

>Trotsky is literally never "less wrong" than anybody. If you think
>this, you have made an error.

The "less wrong" comment was about Fred Phelps, not trots.

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<u5sd3l$1g7v8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189086&group=rec.arts.tv#189086

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.snl,rec.pets.dogs
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 04:30:41 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 08:30 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

>Wow, those PETA people really are shitbags, aren't they? Not only for
>how they behaved here but they're making me defend Pete Davidson, who is
>basically the concept of meth given human form.

I know, right?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<super70s-B7D038.06363408062023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189091&group=rec.arts.tv#189091

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 06:36:34 -0500
 by: super70s - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 11:36 UTC

I don't have a dog in this fight (as it were, or even at home), I think
PETA could focus its efforts on more serious animal rights issues than
which sources celebrities adopt their pets from.

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<u5t8ou$1jkpt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189130&group=rec.arts.tv#189130

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 15:05:01 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 19:05 UTC

In article <u5rd4k$1da5f$2@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>Yeah, that is evil. I still haven't recovered from Eff Pee Pee being
>>>less wrong than not-Irish Mike in a thread a week ago. You better not
>>>use Usenet on the day trots shows kindness and respect to everyone he
>>>posts a followup to and refrains from making gay lames and talking about
>>>asses.
>>
>>Trotsky is literally never "less wrong" than anybody. If you think
>>this, you have made an error.
>
>The "less wrong" comment was about Fred Phelps, not trots.

They're the same person.

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<u5tkqa$1l2cv$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189153&group=rec.arts.tv#189153

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 15:30:34 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 22:30 UTC

On 2023-06-08 19:05:01 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> In article <u5rd4k$1da5f$2@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Trotsky is literally never "less wrong" than anybody. If you think
>>> this, you have made an error.
>>
>> The "less wrong" comment was about Fred Phelps, not trots.
>
> They're the same person.

Correct.

> [Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

Re: Pete Davidson Curses Out PETA Exec In Furious Voicemail

<pnfc8ipb9cklhhtdpqt30i8ujq7nr10rr0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189539&group=rec.arts.tv#189539

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 14:39:25 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 21:39 UTC

On Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:43:46 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Yeah, that is evil. I still haven't recovered from Eff Pee Pee being
>less wrong than not-Irish Mike in a thread a week ago. You better not
>use Usenet on the day trots shows kindness and respect to everyone he
>posts a followup to and refrains from making gay lames and talking about
>asses.

I don't expect to be at my keyboard the day hell freezes over...