From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Canada is Dying
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 11:10:49 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 15:10 UTC

That's the title of a powerful documentary on how "safer supply"
policies (of addictive drugs) by the federal government and some of the
provincial governments (especially BC!) - as well as bail reform - are
greatly growing the number of drug addicts in this country and
increasing violent crime dramatically.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-65871857 [One hour, 23 minutes]

Once again, governments introduce "progressive" measures to "solve" or
reduce problems that only serve to make them much worse, then lie
through their teeth in denying that the problems are growing
exponentially due to the wishful thinking implicit in their policies.

Alberta is going a different way than the feds, apparently inspired by
the Chief of Staff to the recently re-elected premier of Alberta. Her
chief of staff was himself a homeless junkie for 4 years in the early
2000s so he has actual personal experience with the issues. It's going
to be interesting to see if the Alberta Model is going to work better
than the nonsense Trudeau and Eby (the NDP Premier of BC) came up with.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] Canada is Dying

<0001HW.2A36A50B0077D16830EB6238F@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189542&group=rec.arts.tv#189542

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 17:57:47 -0700
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada is Dying
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:57 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 08:10:49 -0700, Rhino wrote:

> That's the title of a powerful documentary on how "safer supply"
> policies (of addictive drugs) by the federal government and some of the
> provincial governments (especially BC!) - as well as bail reform - are
> greatly growing the number of drug addicts in this country and
> increasing violent crime dramatically.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-65871857 [One hour, 23 minutes]

Is this the intended link?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RaWzJUeT0o

> Once again, governments introduce "progressive" measures to "solve" or
> reduce problems that only serve to make them much worse, then lie
> through their teeth in denying that the problems are growing
> exponentially due to the wishful thinking implicit in their policies.

The UK semi-legalized heroin generations ago, resulting in
a massive increase of heroin addiction, from a handful to
the millions. The UK's legalization policy was praised by drug
activists in America.

> Alberta is going a different way than the feds, apparently inspired by
> the Chief of Staff to the recently re-elected premier of Alberta. Her
> chief of staff was himself a homeless junkie for 4 years in the early
> 2000s so he has actual personal experience with the issues. It's going
> to be interesting to see if the Alberta Model is going to work better
> than the nonsense Trudeau and Eby (the NDP Premier of BC) came up with.

Re: [OT] Canada is Dying

<u65s3l$2rlf9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189543&group=rec.arts.tv#189543

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 21:24:05 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:24 UTC

On 2023-06-11 8:57 PM, Pluted Pup wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 08:10:49 -0700, Rhino wrote:
>
>> That's the title of a powerful documentary on how "safer supply"
>> policies (of addictive drugs) by the federal government and some of the
>> provincial governments (especially BC!) - as well as bail reform - are
>> greatly growing the number of drug addicts in this country and
>> increasing violent crime dramatically.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-65871857 [One hour, 23 minutes]
>
> Is this the intended link?:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RaWzJUeT0o

Yes it is. I must have forgotten to do a fresh CTRL-C to refresh the
copy buffer with the correct URL.