Dave Mack: "Your stupidity, Allen, is simply not up to par." Allen Gwinn: "Yours is."

arts / rec.arts.tv / Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV Season, Part 5

SubjectAuthor
* Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV Season, Part 5brian henke
`- Re: Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV Season, Part 5anim8rfsk

1
Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV Season, Part 5

<ff187698-9c71-4f1a-8834-d3b17379b399n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189600&group=rec.arts.tv#189600

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:23:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV Season, Part 5
From: cincy43...@yahoo.com (brian henke)
 by: brian henke - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:23 UTC

Yes, this is part 5 (and conclusion) of the Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV season.

Why it's been so long to write this? My toe was removed in November, I had to walk gingerly on a boot, I was sent to the hospital for what was wrongly termed "passing out" on a heart monitor, etc. I didn't have time to write it.

So here it is, albeit late, Part 5.
9. John Madden, Betty White die

Within three days, two TV icons in different fields died. On December 28, 2021, John Madden passed away. Madden went from being a Super Bowl winning coach to Miller Lite pitchman and a color commentator on four networks while he was being driven on the Maddencruiser. The NFL videogame is named for him. Three days later, Betty White died shortly before she turned 100 (People magazine put her on the cover marking the b-day prematurely). The last of the four Golden Girls stars, she was appeared on TV from the 1950s up until several years before she died.
10. Sinclair's ransomware attack
Sinclair Broadcasting Group - which owns more than 100 stations - was hit with a massive ransomware attack in October. Many of Sinclair's main stations were hugely affected. Here in Cincinnati, WSTR had to air programming from its subchannels like TBD instead of their regular shows. Sinclair also sold Ring of Honor Wrestling to AEW boss Tony Khan. ROH programming disappeared on Sinclair TV and moved on to AEW programming.

I hope I get to the honorable mentions for the last two seasons some time soon...

Cincy43235@yahoo.com - RATV's pro wrestling ambassador

-------

"I loves the hot sauce." - David Letterman

Re: Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV Season, Part 5

<1263672081.708413199.413630.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189794&group=rec.arts.tv#189794

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV Season, Part 5
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 22:27:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 05:27 UTC

brian henke <cincy43235@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is part 5 (and conclusion) of the Top 10 Stories of the 2021-22 TV season.
>
> Why it's been so long to write this? My toe was removed in November,
> I had to walk gingerly on a boot, I was sent to the hospital for what was
> wrongly termed "passing out" on a heart monitor, etc. I didn't have time to write it.
>
> So here it is, albeit late, Part 5.
>
> 9. John Madden, Betty White die
>
> Within three days, two TV icons in different fields died. On December
> 28, 2021, John Madden passed away. Madden went from being a Super Bowl
> winning coach to Miller Lite pitchman and a color commentator on four
> networks while he was being driven on the Maddencruiser. The NFL
> videogame is named for him. Three days later, Betty White died shortly
> before she turned 100 (People magazine put her on the cover marking the
> b-day prematurely). The last of the four Golden Girls stars, she was
> appeared on TV from the 1950s up until several years before she died.

Truly, she was literally older than sliced bread. Nice lady.