"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." -- Bert Lantz

arts / rec.arts.tv / Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortune

SubjectAuthor
* Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of FortuneAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of FortuneIan J. Ball
|`- Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of FortuneRhino
+- Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortunesuper70s
`- Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of FortuneTrotsky

1
Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortune

<u69s6c$3jfa5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189699&group=rec.arts.tv#189699

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortune
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 13:50:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 13:50 UTC

Pat Sajak posted to his Twitter feed Monday June 12 2023 that his final
season as host of Wheel of Fortune will be the upcoming season 41 which
begins in September 2023.

https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1668392746787418114

I rather like Sajak's relatively low key manner. He's far less smarmy
than other game show hosts.

I really don't care for the game show, however. I might tune in for a
few minutes to see what Vanna is wearing, then look for something else.

We were just discussing his talk show in another thread, which aired for
a year and a half between CBS's two instances of late night drama
blocks. I must have watched it a few times but I have no recollection of
whether he was any good interviewing a celebrity guest.

Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortune

<u69vm1$3kdv7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189709&group=rec.arts.tv#189709

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 07:49:37 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 14:49 UTC

On 2023-06-13 13:50:04 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Pat Sajak posted to his Twitter feed Monday June 12 2023 that his final
> season as host of Wheel of Fortune will be the upcoming season 41 which
> begins in September 2023.
>
> https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1668392746787418114
>
> I rather like Sajak's relatively low key manner. He's far less smarmy
> than other game show hosts.
>
> I really don't care for the game show, however. I might tune in for a
> few minutes to see what Vanna is wearing, then look for something else.

I've got to think this means that Vanna will be hanging it up when
Sajak does - they really seem like a "package deal" at this point. And
if I was the show's producers, I'd want a whole new cast if I'm
replacing the host anyway...

Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortune

<u6a0ft$3kbrf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189714&group=rec.arts.tv#189714

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 11:03:22 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 15:03 UTC

On 2023-06-13 10:49 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-06-13 13:50:04 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
>> Pat Sajak posted to his Twitter feed Monday June 12 2023 that his final
>> season as host of Wheel of Fortune will be the upcoming season 41 which
>> begins in September 2023.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1668392746787418114
>>
>> I rather like Sajak's relatively low key manner. He's far less smarmy
>> than other game show hosts.
>>
>> I really don't care for the game show, however. I might tune in for a
>> few minutes to see what Vanna is wearing, then look for something else.
>
> I've got to think this means that Vanna will be hanging it up when Sajak
> does - they really seem like a "package deal" at this point. And if I
> was the show's producers, I'd want a whole new cast if I'm replacing the
> host anyway...

Then again, replacing her automatically is likely to be labelled
"sexist" and "ageist"
by the wokesters. They might not even be wrong for once. We had quite a
kerfuffle on this side of the border when the anchor of the evening news
for the largest private broadcaster (CTV) in this country didn't have
her contract renewed after letting her grey hair grow out during Covid.
CTV claimed that her sex, age and grey hair had nothing to do with it
but many people observed that her predecessor in the anchor chair had
served well into his 70s and had his grey hair washed orange for years
yet hadn't been pressured to retire.

--
Rhino

Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortune

<super70s-CBD5BA.10252613062023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189718&group=rec.arts.tv#189718

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 10:25:26 -0500
 by: super70s - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 15:25 UTC

In article <u69s6c$3jfa5$2@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> Pat Sajak posted to his Twitter feed Monday June 12 2023 that his final
> season as host of Wheel of Fortune will be the upcoming season 41 which
> begins in September 2023.
>
> https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1668392746787418114
>
> I rather like Sajak's relatively low key manner. He's far less smarmy
> than other game show hosts.
>
> I really don't care for the game show, however. I might tune in for a
> few minutes to see what Vanna is wearing, then look for something else.
>
> We were just discussing his talk show in another thread, which aired for
> a year and a half between CBS's two instances of late night drama
> blocks. I must have watched it a few times but I have no recollection of
> whether he was any good interviewing a celebrity guest.

His resume includes being a weatherman for WSMV in Nashville, but he was
destined for greater things. He did take along longtime WSMV news anchor
Dan Miller to be his sidekick on the talk show, who was embarrassed for
all eternity when he once came out on the show dressed in a bunny suit.
He eventually returned to his anchor position when Sajak's talk show was
cancelled, and died several years ago.

Re: Pat Sajak announces retirement from Wheel of Fortune

<1768776b6154c565$2$3770307$7aa12caf@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189814&group=rec.arts.tv#189814

From: gmsi...@email.com (Trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:56:03 +0000
 by: Trotsky - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:56 UTC

On 6/13/23 8:50 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>Pat Sajak posted to his Twitter feed Monday June 12 2023 that his final
>season as host of Wheel of Fortune will be the upcoming season 41 which
>begins in September 2023.
>
>https://twitter.com/patsajak/status/1668392746787418114
>
>I rather like Sajak's relatively low key manner. He's far less smarmy
>than other game show hosts.
>
>I really don't care for the game show, however. I might tune in for a
>few minutes to see what Vanna is wearing, then look for something else.
>
>We were just discussing his talk show in another thread, which aired for
>a year and a half between CBS's two instances of late night drama
>blocks. I must have watched it a few times but I have no recollection of
>whether he was any good interviewing a celebrity guest.

I assume the Verman family has followed Sajak's career very closely.

--
Death to tyranny.