From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: The Stupid Burns: Sheila Jackson Lee Talks Guns
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 01:35:38 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 01:35 UTC

I just loss a thousand brain cells listening to Sheila Jackson Lee talk about
stabilizing braces.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1668721183972360192/vid/480x270/LpyV33HNRR6DUZVa.mp4?tag=14

Shouldn't lawmakers have a responsibility to know SOMETHING about what they
purport to regulate?

Re: The Stupid Burns: Sheila Jackson Lee Talks Guns

<1768764317f79938$1500$3842063$7aa12caf@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189807&group=rec.arts.tv#189807

From: gmsi...@email.com (Trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The Stupid Burns: Sheila Jackson Lee Talks Guns
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:34:50 +0000
 by: Trotsky - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:34 UTC

On 6/13/23 8:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>I just loss a thousand brain cells listening to Sheila Jackson Lee talk about
>stabilizing braces.
>

>https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1668721183972360192/vid/480x270/LpyV33HNRR6DUZVa.mp4?tag=14
>
>Shouldn't lawmakers have a responsibility to know SOMETHING about what they
>purport to regulate?

I think it's stupid too, she should be talking about dipshit going to
prison. You should try getting your balls reattached and talk that too.

--
Death to tyranny.

Re: The Stupid Burns: Sheila Jackson Lee Talks Guns

<1768766860fba916$2885$2302728$baa1eca3@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189808&group=rec.arts.tv#189808

From: gmsi...@email.com (Trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:37:31 +0000
 by: Trotsky - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 07:37 UTC

On 6/13/23 10:55 PM, RichA wrote:
>On Tuesday, 13 June 2023 at 21:35:49 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>> I just loss a thousand brain cells listening to Sheila Jackson Lee talk about
>> stabilizing braces.
>>

>> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1668721183972360192/vid/480x270/LpyV33HNRR6DUZVa.mp4?tag=14
>>
>> Shouldn't lawmakers have a responsibility to know SOMETHING about what they
>> purport to regulate?
>
>They should, but liberals have never had a real handle on guns. Except the odd hypocrite liberals perhaps who own one.

So true, that's why they're no pretending to have thoughts and prayers.
How's the prevention of another Uvalde coming along? Nonexistent, right?

--
Death to tyranny.

Re: The Stupid Burns: Sheila Jackson Lee Talks Guns

<u6c2km$3i0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189820&group=rec.arts.tv#189820

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 05:52:20 -0400
 by: FPP - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 09:52 UTC

On 6/13/23 9:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> I just loss a thousand brain cells listening to Sheila Jackson Lee talk about
> stabilizing braces.
>

> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1668721183972360192/vid/480x270/LpyV33HNRR6DUZVa.mp4?tag=14
>
> Shouldn't lawmakers have a responsibility to know SOMETHING about what they
> purport to regulate?

You tell me. You went into a fucking near coma for 4 years starting in
2017.

You apparently missed the greatest example of a elected official that
knew less and less every day he served.

Now that you're back from your little siesta, you want me to catch you
up? Let's start with injecting disinfectant and we can end with his
call for the T E R M I N A T I O N of the Constitution.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: The Stupid Burns: Sheila Jackson Lee Talks Guns

<u6c8mg$h5u$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189836&group=rec.arts.tv#189836

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 04:31:57 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 08:31 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:

> I just loss a thousand brain cells listening to Sheila Jackson Lee talk
> about stabilizing braces.
>
> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1668721183972360192/vid/480x270/LpyV33HNRR6DUZVa.mp4
>
>Shouldn't lawmakers have a responsibility to know SOMETHING about what they
>purport to regulate?

One would think so, but this is the woman who wanted to see where we put our
flag on Mars and, if memory serves, claims to be a former slave.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: The Stupid Burns: Sheila Jackson Lee Talks Guns

<u6cqhi$2n4e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189860&group=rec.arts.tv#189860

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:40:16 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 16:40 UTC

On 2023-06-13 9:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> I just loss a thousand brain cells listening to Sheila Jackson Lee talk about
> stabilizing braces.
>

> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1668721183972360192/vid/480x270/LpyV33HNRR6DUZVa.mp4?tag=14

The clip that was added to the end seemed particularly on point. Sheila
Jackson Lee has been saying stupid shit for many years now. According to
Wikipedia, she's represented her district in Houston since 1994 and has
soundly beaten every challenge mounted against her by both fellow
Democrats or Republicans. The good news is that she has announced her
intention to run for mayor of Houston. (I assume that means she's
leaving Congress but I'm not 100% that congress-critters have to step
down if they are going to do another job like mayor at the same time.)

> Shouldn't lawmakers have a responsibility to know SOMETHING about what they
> purport to regulate?

I don't think there's much precedent for that in ANY democracy that I
know about. Our current prime minister has expertise in only two things:
teaching snowboarding and high school drama. When asked a question about
fiscal policy, he admitted he didn't spend much time thinking about such
things. This is consistent with his declaration during his first
election campaign that "budgets balance themselves". Our current deputy
prime minister (and finance minister) is a former journalist. A recent
health minister was a graphic artist. Etc. etc.

Even having direct knowledge doesn't seem to be particularly helpful.
Our second last defense minister was one of the very first defense
ministers in our history to have actually served in the Canadian Forces
but did poorly enough in that post to get a lesser post in the next
cabinet. He was replaced by a woman who is ensuring that our overseas
troops don't even get their meals reimbursed. (They are supposed to have
food supplied to them but instead were told to simply pay for them out
of pocket and then get reimbursed from Ottawa but then wouldn't
reimburse them.) Other soldiers overseas were shorted on essential
equipment like helmets.

--
Rhino