You will overcome the attacks of jealous associates.

arts / rec.arts.tv / News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

SubjectAuthor
* News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISIan J. Ball
+* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISBTR1701
|+* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISIan J. Ball
||`* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
|| `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISBTR1701
||  +- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
||  `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISIan J. Ball
||   `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISIan J. Ball
||    `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
||     `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISA Friend
||      `- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
|`* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISAdam H. Kerman
| `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISBTR1701
|  `- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISAdam H. Kerman
`* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISshawn
 +* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN &Dimensional Traveler
 |`* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
 | `- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN &Dimensional Traveler
 +* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISIan J. Ball
 |+- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISshawn
 |`* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
 | `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISshawn
 |  +- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
 |  `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOISIan J. Ball
 |   `- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
 `* Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 ofanim8rfsk
  `- Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN &Dimensional Traveler

Pages:12
News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6dpnm$5oah$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189933&group=rec.arts.tv#189933

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 01:32 UTC

Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
Dylan Walsh as well.

Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!

From Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-amp-lois-dylan-walsh-emmanuelle-chriqui-michael-cudlitz-promoted-regular-1235417430/

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<atropos-B4CB1B.18491614062023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189934&group=rec.arts.tv#189934

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:49:16 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 01:49 UTC

In article <u6dpnm$5oah$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
> Dylan Walsh as well.
>
> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!

Is her character going to be recast like the son was or just disappear?

Disappointing either way. I've always been a big fan of Emmanuelle. Not
only is she gorgeous but many years ago I got to hang out with her on
the set of WRONG TURN for a couple of days and she's just a delight to
be around.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6dr2b$9gql$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189935&group=rec.arts.tv#189935

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:55:23 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 01:55 UTC

On 2023-06-15 01:49:16 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article <u6dpnm$5oah$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>>
>> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>
> Is her character going to be recast like the son was or just disappear?

This is budget-induced cast-cutting. So her character is either going
to be killed off, or will just disappear.

Best guest? - They relocate the show's action from Smallville to
Metropolis. This would explain why 7 characters are no longer on the
show...

> Disappointing either way. I've always been a big fan of Emmanuelle. Not
> only is she gorgeous but many years ago I got to hang out with her on
> the set of WRONG TURN for a couple of days and she's just a delight to
> be around.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6dupp$9q5b$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189942&group=rec.arts.tv#189942

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 02:59:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 02:59 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>In article <u6dpnm$5oah$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>>
>> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>
>Is her character going to be recast like the son was or just disappear?
>
>Disappointing either way. I've always been a big fan of Emmanuelle. Not
>only is she gorgeous but many years ago I got to hang out with her on
>the set of WRONG TURN for a couple of days and she's just a delight to
>be around.

Filming on your block?

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<atropos-1EFA2E.20104114062023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189944&group=rec.arts.tv#189944

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 20:10:41 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 03:10 UTC

In article <u6dupp$9q5b$4@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >In article <u6dpnm$5oah$1@dont-email.me>,
> > Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
> >> Dylan Walsh as well.
> >>
> >> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
> >
> >Is her character going to be recast like the son was or just disappear?
> >
> >Disappointing either way. I've always been a big fan of Emmanuelle. Not
> >only is she gorgeous but many years ago I got to hang out with her on
> >the set of WRONG TURN for a couple of days and she's just a delight to
> >be around.
>
> Filming on your block?

No, in Vancouver, Canadia. I was invited up by Duckshoot to hang out
with her watch them film part of the movie and Chriqui was around most
of the time, too. I remember how surreal it was to be chatting and
joking with her while she looked like she'd been through a tree shredder
with fake stab wounds all over her arms and face and fake blood smeared
all over her.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<ej1l8i50qntpjb75om9ndvcvs80l8nqol2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189947&group=rec.arts.tv#189947

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 23:34:14 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 03:34 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>Dylan Walsh as well.

Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
cast.

>Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>

>From Deadline:
>
>https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-amp-lois-dylan-walsh-emmanuelle-chriqui-michael-cudlitz-promoted-regular-1235417430/

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6e1jk$a4pi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189948&group=rec.arts.tv#189948

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 03:47:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 03:47 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Is her character going to be recast like the son was or just disappear?

>>>Disappointing either way. I've always been a big fan of Emmanuelle. Not
>>>only is she gorgeous but many years ago I got to hang out with her on
>>>the set of WRONG TURN for a couple of days and she's just a delight to
>>>be around.

>>Filming on your block?

>No, in Vancouver, Canadia. I was invited up by Duckshoot to hang out
>with her watch them film part of the movie and Chriqui was around most
>of the time, too. I remember how surreal it was to be chatting and
>joking with her while she looked like she'd been through a tree shredder
>with fake stab wounds all over her arms and face and fake blood smeared
>all over her.

Good heavens

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6e2un$ab06$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189950&group=rec.arts.tv#189950

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN &
LOIS
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:10:02 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 04:10 UTC

On 6/14/2023 8:34 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>
> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
> cast.

OW! That's a "sliced the jugular and both wrists" cut to the budget.

dirty old man.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6e3gh$ae2h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189952&group=rec.arts.tv#189952

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:19:29 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 04:19 UTC

On 2023-06-15 03:34:14 +0000, shawn said:

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>
> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
> cast.

I think, in the end, The All New! NEW!! C-Wub would have been smarter
to renew "Gotham Knights", as it was already much cheaper, and would
have required a much lesser budget cut to keep around.

I think renewing S&L (which supposedly had the better "ratings"), but
with a budget cut of this magnitude, is going to turn out to be a
pyrrhic victory - I predict the ratings for season #4 will tank.

>> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>>

>> From Deadline:
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-amp-lois-dylan-walsh-emmanuelle-chriqui-michael-cudlitz-promoted-regular-1235417430/

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<1953054977.708494579.994354.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189957&group=rec.arts.tv#189957

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:25:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 04:25 UTC

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>
> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
> cast.

Wouldn’t it have been better to cut the super expensive top end writers?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>>

>> From Deadline:
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-amp-lois-dylan-walsh-emmanuelle-chriqui-michael-cudlitz-promoted-regular-1235417430/

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<707454044.708494650.760707.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189958&group=rec.arts.tv#189958

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:25:55 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 04:25 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-15 01:49:16 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article <u6dpnm$5oah$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>>>
>>> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>>
>> Is her character going to be recast like the son was or just disappear?
>
> This is budget-induced cast-cutting. So her character is either going
> to be killed off, or will just disappear.
>
> Best guest? - They relocate the show's action from Smallville to
> Metropolis. This would explain why 7 characters are no longer on the
> show...

Apparently, nobody is left in the show, except for Superman, lame ass, one
of their sons, their replacement son, and a Lex Luthor I’ve never even
seen. So, yeah, they’re either moving or nuking Smallville.

Moving wouldn’t explain the loss of Sam Lane. Nuking would.

I don’t even recognize the names of most of the actors. The characters
they’re dumping are:

Sam Lane (Lois‘s father)

Lana Lang (Superman‘s ex squeeze)

Beppo, the super monkey (I swear) played by the same actress who is Lois‘s
boss at the newspaper Lois secretly works at due to a completely illegal
noncompete clause)

Kyle Cushing (Superman’s ex squeezes ex husband).

Sarah Cushing (Superman’s ex squeeze‘s daughter and son’s ex squeeze.)

John Henry Irons (Lois’s sort of ex husband from another reality who may or
may not also be Lex Luthor)

Natalie Irons (John Henry Irons daughter also from another reality and sort
of sister of the son of Superman she’s fooling around with.)

That’s basically everybody from Smallville.

>> Disappointing either way. I've always been a big fan of Emmanuelle. Not
>> only is she gorgeous but many years ago I got to hang out with her on
>> the set of WRONG TURN for a couple of days and she's just a delight to
>> be around.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<5q4l8illpj5b98md9au9sq0o56a8e1q76j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189961&group=rec.arts.tv#189961

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 00:29:49 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 04:29 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:19:29 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-06-15 03:34:14 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>>
>> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
>> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
>> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
>> cast.
>
>I think, in the end, The All New! NEW!! C-Wub would have been smarter
>to renew "Gotham Knights", as it was already much cheaper, and would
>have required a much lesser budget cut to keep around.

According to what I head it was already the cheapest show on the CW so
there wasn't much room for cutting the budget on GK. Also it helps
that James Gunn was supporting S&L and thinking there was room to go
with the story.

>I think renewing S&L (which supposedly had the better "ratings"), but
>with a budget cut of this magnitude, is going to turn out to be a
>pyrrhic victory - I predict the ratings for season #4 will tank.

Yeah, it can't be anything like the show is now with that budget cut.

>>> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>>>

>>> From Deadline:
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-amp-lois-dylan-walsh-emmanuelle-chriqui-michael-cudlitz-promoted-regular-1235417430/

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<345096776.708496257.421513.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189965&group=rec.arts.tv#189965

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:42:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 04:42 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 6/14/2023 8:34 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>>
>> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
>> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
>> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
>> cast.
>>
> OW! That's a "sliced the jugular and both wrists" cut to the budget.

The next step is to remove Superman‘s powers, and then they can just all
sit around and talk.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<atropos-0A2E20.21525414062023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189971&group=rec.arts.tv#189971

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 21:52:55 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 04:52 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> > On 2023-06-15 01:49:16 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> >> Is her character going to be recast like the son was or just disappear?
> >
> > This is budget-induced cast-cutting. So her character is either going
> > to be killed off, or will just disappear.
> >
> > Best guest? - They relocate the show's action from Smallville to
> > Metropolis. This would explain why 7 characters are no longer on the
> > show...
>
> Apparently, nobody is left in the show, except for Superman, lame ass, one
> of their sons, their replacement son, and a Lex Luthor I've never even
> seen. So, yeah, they're either moving or nuking Smallville.
>
> Moving wouldn't explain the loss of Sam Lane. Nuking would.
>
> I don't even recognize the names of most of the actors. The characters
> they're dumping are:
>
> Sam Lane (Lois's father)
>
> Lana Lang (Superman's ex squeeze)
>
> Beppo, the super monkey (I swear) played by the same actress who is Lois's
> boss at the newspaper Lois secretly works at due to a completely illegal
> noncompete clause)

Good. I hate her. It'd be a real shame if they dumped all these other
characters but somehow kept her.

> Kyle Cushing (Superman's ex squeezes ex husband).
>
> Sarah Cushing (Superman's ex squeeze's daughter and son's ex squeeze.)
>
> John Henry Irons (Lois's sort of ex husband from another reality who may or
> may not also be Lex Luthor)
>
> Natalie Irons (John Henry Irons daughter also from another reality and sort
> of sister of the son of Superman she's fooling around with.)
>

> That’s basically everybody from Smallville.

That must have been a helluva renewal party. Right in the middle of
everyone toasting the news that the show was renewed for Season 4, the
C-Wub's PA comes in and passes out pink slips to 70% of the cast.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<824153729.708503951.630422.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189982&group=rec.arts.tv#189982

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 23:56:58 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 06:56 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <707454044.708494650.760707.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> This is budget-induced cast-cutting. So her character is either going
>>> to be killed off, or will just disappear.
>>>
>>> Best guest? - They relocate the show's action from Smallville to
>>> Metropolis. This would explain why 7 characters are no longer on the
>>> show...
>>
>> Apparently, nobody is left in the show, except for Superman, lame ass, one
>> of their sons, their replacement son, and a Lex Luthor I've never even
>> seen. So, yeah, they're either moving or nuking Smallville.
>>
>> Moving wouldn't explain the loss of Sam Lane. Nuking would.
>>
>> I don't even recognize the names of most of the actors. The characters
>> they're dumping are:
>>
>> Sam Lane (Lois's father)
>>
>> Lana Lang (Superman's ex squeeze)
>>
>> Beppo, the super monkey (I swear) played by the same actress who is Lois's
>> boss at the newspaper Lois secretly works at due to a completely illegal
>> noncompete clause)
>
> Good. I hate her. It'd be a real shame if they dumped all these other
> characters but somehow kept her.

If I hadn’t taken the pledge, I’d be really tempted to watch the Beppo the
super monkey episodes…

Oh. Apparently, Beppo is her characters last name. She plays both regular
Beppo and Bizzarro Beppo.

Well, good, I’m spared the temptation.

You do have to wonder if they were planning something special for her.

>> Kyle Cushing (Superman's ex squeezes ex husband).
>>
>> Sarah Cushing (Superman's ex squeeze's daughter and son's ex squeeze.)
>>
>> John Henry Irons (Lois's sort of ex husband from another reality who may or
>> may not also be Lex Luthor)
>>
>> Natalie Irons (John Henry Irons daughter also from another reality and sort
>> of sister of the son of Superman she's fooling around with.)
>>

>> That’s basically everybody from Smallville.
>
> That must have been a helluva renewal party. Right in the middle of
> everyone toasting the news that the show was renewed for Season 4, the
> C-Wub's PA comes in and passes out pink slips to 70% of the cast.

“First, to save paper, we’re only going to hand blue slips to the people
staying with the show…”

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6f37q$dthd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189998&group=rec.arts.tv#189998

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 06:20:59 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 13:20 UTC

On 2023-06-15 04:52:55 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article
> <707454044.708494650.760707.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> This is budget-induced cast-cutting. So her character is either going
>>> to be killed off, or will just disappear.
>>>
>>> Best guest? - They relocate the show's action from Smallville to
>>> Metropolis. This would explain why 7 characters are no longer on the
>>> show...
>>
>> Apparently, nobody is left in the show, except for Superman, lame ass, one
>> of their sons, their replacement son, and a Lex Luthor I've never even
>> seen. So, yeah, they're either moving or nuking Smallville.
>>
>> Moving wouldn't explain the loss of Sam Lane. Nuking would.
>>
>> I don't even recognize the names of most of the actors. The characters
>> they're dumping are:
>>
>> Sam Lane (Lois's father)
>>
>> Lana Lang (Superman's ex squeeze)
>>
>> Beppo, the super monkey (I swear) played by the same actress who is Lois's
>> boss at the newspaper Lois secretly works at due to a completely illegal
>> noncompete clause)
>
> Good. I hate her. It'd be a real shame if they dumped all these other
> characters but somehow kept her.

FTR, I have no idea who you people are talking about here...

>> Kyle Cushing (Superman's ex squeezes ex husband).
>>
>> Sarah Cushing (Superman's ex squeeze's daughter and son's ex squeeze.)
>>
>> John Henry Irons (Lois's sort of ex husband from another reality who may or
>> may not also be Lex Luthor)
>>
>> Natalie Irons (John Henry Irons daughter also from another reality and sort
>> of sister of the son of Superman she's fooling around with.)
>>

>> That’s basically everybody from Smallville.
>
> That must have been a helluva renewal party. Right in the middle of
> everyone toasting the news that the show was renewed for Season 4, the
> C-Wub's PA comes in and passes out pink slips to 70% of the cast.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6f3e5$du42$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=189999&group=rec.arts.tv#189999

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 06:24:21 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 13:24 UTC

On 2023-06-15 13:20:59 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2023-06-15 04:52:55 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article
>> <707454044.708494650.760707.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Apparently, nobody is left in the show, except for Superman, lame ass, one
>>> of their sons, their replacement son, and a Lex Luthor I've never even
>>> seen. So, yeah, they're either moving or nuking Smallville.
>>>
>>> Moving wouldn't explain the loss of Sam Lane. Nuking would.
>>>
>>> I don't even recognize the names of most of the actors. The characters
>>> they're dumping are:
>>>
>>> Sam Lane (Lois's father)
>>>
>>> Lana Lang (Superman's ex squeeze)
>>>
>>> Beppo, the super monkey (I swear) played by the same actress who is Lois's
>>> boss at the newspaper Lois secretly works at due to a completely illegal
>>> noncompete clause)
>>
>> Good. I hate her. It'd be a real shame if they dumped all these other
>> characters but somehow kept her.
>
> FTR, I have no idea who you people are talking about here...

OK, I figured it out from Anim's follow-up. (Wait! How is she Lois'
*boss*?! Didn't she start out as Lois' *underling*?!?!!)

Anyway, no - Sofia Hasmik is one of the 7 people let go. So she's not
coming back either, at least not as "regular/main cast".

>>> Kyle Cushing (Superman's ex squeezes ex husband).
>>>
>>> Sarah Cushing (Superman's ex squeeze's daughter and son's ex squeeze.)
>>>
>>> John Henry Irons (Lois's sort of ex husband from another reality who may or
>>> may not also be Lex Luthor)
>>>
>>> Natalie Irons (John Henry Irons daughter also from another reality and sort
>>> of sister of the son of Superman she's fooling around with.)
>>>

>>> That’s basically everybody from Smallville.
>>
>> That must have been a helluva renewal party. Right in the middle of
>> everyone toasting the news that the show was renewed for Season 4, the
>> C-Wub's PA comes in and passes out pink slips to 70% of the cast.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6ff6n$f7la$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190013&group=rec.arts.tv#190013

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
LOIS
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 09:45:12 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 16:45 UTC

On 6/14/2023 9:42 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 6/14/2023 8:34 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
>>> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
>>> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
>>> cast.
>>>
>> OW! That's a "sliced the jugular and both wrists" cut to the budget.
>>

> The next step is to remove Superman‘s powers, and then they can just all
> sit around and talk.

I suspect he will be flying a LOT less as it is.

dirty old man.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<u6ffa7$f7la$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190014&group=rec.arts.tv#190014

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
LOIS
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 09:47:05 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 16:47 UTC

On 6/14/2023 9:25 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>>
>> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
>> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
>> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
>> cast.
>
> Wouldn’t it have been better to cut the super expensive top end writers?
>
> Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Can't remove what doesn't exist! (Hey, _I_ stopped watching this after
I think the first season and I watched all of 'Lost'!)

dirty old man.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<1923694930.708559385.693362.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190039&group=rec.arts.tv#190039

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 15:10:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 22:10 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-15 13:20:59 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:
>
>> On 2023-06-15 04:52:55 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <707454044.708494650.760707.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> Good. I hate her. It'd be a real shame if they dumped all these other
>>> characters but somehow kept her.
>>
>> FTR, I have no idea who you people are talking about here...

Beppo the super monkey! If it looks like a super monkey and flies like a
super monkey and smells like a super monkey it’s probably a super monkey.

> OK, I figured it out from Anim's follow-up. (Wait! How is she Lois'
> *boss*?! Didn't she start out as Lois' *underling*?!?!!)

No. Beppo was the only person who worked at the newspaper at all. She did
everything. And then Lois came to her looking for a job because she had a
completely illegal noncompete clause that said she could never write for
anyone ever for all of time and all of space (your typical Disney clause),
but she figured that she could write bogus articles, blaming her old boss
for anything bad that happened anywhere for her husband‘s hometown
newspaper under a fake name and nobody would notice.

My only question is why they assumed the articles were being written by
Lois Lane and not Clark Kent.

> Anyway, no - Sofia Hasmik is one of the 7 people let go. So she's not
> coming back either, at least not as "regular/main cast".

>>> That must have been a helluva renewal party. Right in the middle of
>>> everyone toasting the news that the show was renewed for Season 4, the
>>> C-Wub's PA comes in and passes out pink slips to 70% of the cast.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<150620232133043176%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190060&group=rec.arts.tv#190060

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 21:33:04 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 01:33 UTC

In article
<1923694930.708559385.693362.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> No. Beppo was the only person who worked at the newspaper at all. She did
> everything. And then Lois came to her looking for a job because she had a
> completely illegal noncompete clause that said she could never write for
> anyone ever for all of time and all of space (your typical Disney clause),
> but she figured that she could write bogus articles, blaming her old boss
> for anything bad that happened anywhere for her husbandŒs hometown
> newspaper under a fake name and nobody would notice.
>
> My only question is why they assumed the articles were being written by
> Lois Lane and not Clark Kent.

Likely they would be able to tell authorship (especially between the
two of them) by the style. I don't know why you would stop either Lois
or Clark from being published, but this is TV and not the real world.
Based on their reputation, both of them would have nationally
syndicated columns running, bringing in the big bucks.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<2137756929.708579183.647296.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190077&group=rec.arts.tv#190077

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 21:08:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 04:08 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1923694930.708559385.693362.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>

>> No. Beppo was the only person who worked at the newspaper at all. She did
>> everything. And then Lois came to her looking for a job because she had a
>> completely illegal noncompete clause that said she could never write for
>> anyone ever for all of time and all of space (your typical Disney clause),
>> but she figured that she could write bogus articles, blaming her old boss
>> for anything bad that happened anywhere for her husbandŒs hometown
>> newspaper under a fake name and nobody would notice.
>>
>> My only question is why they assumed the articles were being written by
>> Lois Lane and not Clark Kent.
>

> Likely they would be able to tell authorship (especially between the
> two of them) by the style. I don't know why you would stop either Lois
> or Clark from being published, but this is TV and not the real world.
> Based on their reputation, both of them would have nationally
> syndicated columns running, bringing in the big bucks.

I think he fired Clark, so the NDA probably doesn’t apply to him. But
didn’t lowest walk out in solidarity. To all the other people, her boss
fired? So he’s not gonna let her have a right again, out of spite.

I don’t think they’d even have to worry about style. Your reporter quits,
you tell her she can’t ever write for anyone ever again, she moves to
Smallville, and the Smallville fish wrap suddenly starts posting trash
about you.

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<1086879723.708581372.422268.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190081&group=rec.arts.tv#190081

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 21:12:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 04:12 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-15 03:34:14 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:32:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Emmanuelle Chriqui not returning for season 4 of "Superman & Lois".
>>> Dylan Walsh as well.
>>
>> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
>> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
>> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
>> cast.
>
> I think, in the end, The All New! NEW!! C-Wub would have been smarter
> to renew "Gotham Knights", as it was already much cheaper, and would
> have required a much lesser budget cut to keep around.
>
> I think renewing S&L (which supposedly had the better "ratings"), but
> with a budget cut of this magnitude, is going to turn out to be a
> pyrrhic victory - I predict the ratings for season #4 will tank.

Agreed. The main reason to keep Superman is because it actually has
Superman in it as opposed to Gotham nights where Batman is dead despite
their claims that the actor might show up again. Of course we have seen
some pretty serious resurrection technology now.

But they are both terrible shows. The other big reason to keep Superman is
if you were going to attempt to rebuild the Berlanti universe, and wanted
him as a keystone. But let’s face it, it’s dead, Jim.

>>> Wow - now there's even *less* reason to want to watch this!!
>>>

>>> From Deadline:
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-amp-lois-dylan-walsh-emmanuelle-chriqui-michael-cudlitz-promoted-regular-1235417430/

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<i9sn8id85pf5o1mcfmje42g12snlt0f9m1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190089&group=rec.arts.tv#190089

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 01:22:06 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 05:22 UTC

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 21:12:37 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-06-15 03:34:14 +0000, shawn said:

>>> Not a surprise since they apparently needed to cut the per episode
>>> cost from around 5 million dollars down to close to 1 million dollars.
>>> That's a huge cut which has got to come at the cost of cutting the
>>> cast.
>>
>> I think, in the end, The All New! NEW!! C-Wub would have been smarter
>> to renew "Gotham Knights", as it was already much cheaper, and would
>> have required a much lesser budget cut to keep around.
>>
>> I think renewing S&L (which supposedly had the better "ratings"), but
>> with a budget cut of this magnitude, is going to turn out to be a
>> pyrrhic victory - I predict the ratings for season #4 will tank.
>>

>Agreed. The main reason to keep Superman is because it actually has
>Superman in it as opposed to Gotham nights where Batman is dead despite
>their claims that the actor might show up again. Of course we have seen
>some pretty serious resurrection technology now.
>
>But they are both terrible shows. The other big reason to keep Superman is
>if you were going to attempt to rebuild the Berlanti universe, and wanted
>him as a keystone. But let’s face it, it’s dead, Jim.

The reason to get rid of GOTHAM KNIGHTS is the writers. The same
writers that were behind BATWOMAN. If you've already canceled one show
that these people were writing for isn't right to cancel another?

Re: News: Emmanuelle Chriqui Not Returning to Season 4 of SUPERMAN & LOIS

<691603079.708587495.052018.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190091&group=rec.arts.tv#190091

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SUPERMAN & LOIS
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 22:55:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 05:55 UTC

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 21:12:37 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> I think, in the end, The All New! NEW!! C-Wub would have been smarter
>>> to renew "Gotham Knights", as it was already much cheaper, and would
>>> have required a much lesser budget cut to keep around.
>>>
>>> I think renewing S&L (which supposedly had the better "ratings"), but
>>> with a budget cut of this magnitude, is going to turn out to be a
>>> pyrrhic victory - I predict the ratings for season #4 will tank.
>>>

>> Agreed. The main reason to keep Superman is because it actually has
>> Superman in it as opposed to Gotham nights where Batman is dead despite
>> their claims that the actor might show up again. Of course we have seen
>> some pretty serious resurrection technology now.
>>
>> But they are both terrible shows. The other big reason to keep Superman is
>> if you were going to attempt to rebuild the Berlanti universe, and wanted
>> him as a keystone. But let’s face it, it’s dead, Jim.
>
> The reason to get rid of GOTHAM KNIGHTS is the writers. The same
> writers that were behind BATWOMAN. If you've already canceled one show
> that these people were writing for isn't right to cancel another?

It’s like why did anybody give the Supergirl writers another job? Even
washing dishes?