Money will say more in one moment than the most eloquent lover can in years.

arts / rec.arts.tv / ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

SubjectAuthor
* ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A BidenUbiquitous
+* Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s A BidenThe Horny Goat
|+* Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A BidenAdam H. Kerman
||+- Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A Bidensuper70s
||`- Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A BidenNoBody
|+- Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUFPP
|`* Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A BidenBTR1701
| +- Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUFPP
| `* Re: Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A BidenA Friend
|  +* Re: Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A BidenBTR1701
|  |+- Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUFPP
|  |`* Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s A BidenNoBody
|  | `* Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s Asuzeeq
|  |  `- Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s AFPP
|  `- Re: Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A BidenAdam H. Kerman
`* Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A BidenNoBody
 `* Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's Asuzeeq
  `- Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A BidenNoBody

1
ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<u6vjmh$30808$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190766&group=rec.arts.tv#190766

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.troll
Subject: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 21 Jun 2023 19:40 UTC

News Nation host and ABC News Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams claimed
Wednesday that President Joe Biden�s embattled son Hunter was treated more
harshly by the Justice Department than he would have been if his last name
had not been Biden.

Abrams joined host George Stephanopoulos on ABC News�s �Good Morning
America,� and he argued that Hunter Biden might not have been prosecuted at
all if Republicans were not trying to connect the president to his alleged
crimes.

ABC�s chief justice correspondent Pierre Thomas set the scene, suggesting
that the younger Biden�s alleged crimes were part of a Republican effort to
damage President Biden: �Republicans have long sought to make Hunter Biden�s
troubles and financial dealings, including those in Ukraine and China, a
political millstone for his father. Word of Hunter Biden�s deal set off a
political firestorm, with Republicans claiming he got preferential
treatment.�

WATCH:

CLOWNISH: Dan Abrams claims Hunter being a Biden got him harsher
treatment instead of preferential treatment.
"Yet, if this wasn't Hunter Biden, it is likely he wouldn't have
been prosecuted at all." pic.twitter.com/xjRG8hx8Ej

� Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) June 21, 2023

Stephanopoulos, himself a veteran of former President Bill Clinton�s
administration, pivoted to ABC�s White House correspondent Mary Bruce,
saying, �Boy, this case of Hunter Biden has been a source of political and
personal heartache for President Biden.�

�There�s no question that this is painful for the president, personally and
politically,� Bruce said. �He is a devoted father who has stood by his son
throughout his struggles with addiction, throughout this investigation,
adamant that Hunter did absolutely nothing wrong. But it is clear,
Republicans are not gonna drop this.�

Abrams weighed in then on the legal aspect of the case, arguing, �I think it
made an enormous difference here � if this wasn�t Hunter Biden, it is likely
he wouldn�t have been prosecuted at all.�

�On the gun issue, typically that is not something that gets charged alone.
Almost never does that particular charge about lying �� Abrams continued.

�There are thousands of cases a year,� Stephanopoulos interrupted.

�Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with that said,
it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these charges,� Abrams said,
and then doubled down: �But if he wasn�t Hunter Biden, you have to believe
there wouldn�t have been a prosecution.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s A Biden

<rhn79ihd0633va98souuseav2qhmduvfao@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190797&group=rec.arts.tv#190797

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 22:40:15 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 05:40 UTC

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>“Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with that said,
>it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these charges,” Abrams said,
>and then doubled down: “But if he wasn’t Hunter Biden, you have to believe
>there wouldn’t have been a prosecution.”

Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
dismissing "trumped up charges".

The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A Biden

<u70u2m$37vo1$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190804&group=rec.arts.tv#190804

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 07:43:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 07:43 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>"Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with that said,
>>it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these charges," Abrams said,
>>and then doubled down: "But if he wasn't Hunter Biden, you have to believe
>>there wouldn't have been a prosecution."

>Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
>true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
>the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
>dismissing "trumped up charges".

>The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
>there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.

The statement is flat-out wrong. The situation was unique to Hunter
Biden, who was in a position to strongly imply he was selling influence
with his father who was vice president at the time. No one not the son
of a president would have received millions of dollars in that manner
upon which taxes were not paid.

I'm a little confused on the income tax charges. Usually the more
serious crime is underreporting, not underpaying, given that the willful
act of underreporting is a fraud prosecution.

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<u71bph$39ice$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190817&group=rec.arts.tv#190817

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_ABC_Analyst_Says_Hunter_Got_Harsher_Treatment_BECAU
SE_He’s_A_Biden
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 07:37:20 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 11:37 UTC

On 6/22/23 1:40 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> “Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with that said,
>> it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these charges,” Abrams said,
>> and then doubled down: “But if he wasn’t Hunter Biden, you have to believe
>> there wouldn’t have been a prosecution.”
>
> Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
> true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
> the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
> dismissing "trumped up charges".
>
> The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
> there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.

No, it isn't just an opinion. It's the opinion of people who are
experts in the field.

It isn't some jabroney on a soapbox, it's legal experts. Rational
people listen to experts because they give opinions that are backed up
by facts.
Here's some:

> Maggie Abdo-Gomez, a Miami tax attorney and former IRS lawyer, said it’s rare for people to face criminal charges for simply failing to pay their taxes.
>
> “I’ve only seen them — one time — prosecute someone for failure to pay taxes,” she said. “Because the truth is, if we prosecuted for failure to pay taxes, the jails would be full. Forget the drug dealers and the murderers and everybody else. I have a small practice, and I’ve got tons of people that owe taxes.”

And another:

> “If there was evidence of affirmative conduct, then under DOJ policy the charge would have been felony evasion of payment,” she added. “And that’s not the case here. And after five years and an investigation that crossed two administrations on different sides of the aisle, I would imagine that if there was evidence of affirmative conduct, we would not be looking at the information we’re looking at right now.”

On the gun charge:

> The plea deal includes a so-called diversion program – sometimes used for defendants with substance abuse issues — that will result in prosecutors dropping the gun charge if Hunter Biden complies with the program’s conditions. The charge itself — possessing a firearm while being a user of illegal drugs — is not a charge the Justice Department frequently prosecutes.

Remember, the man directing the investigation is a Republican. He was s
Trump appointee that Biden allowed to stay on, when he most likely would
have been replaced were he not on this case.

Biden and the DOJ didn't have to do that. And the prosecutor has
already informed Congress that he had complete authority to do whatever
he wanted.

What more do you need?
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A Biden

<super70s-081D7A.08572622062023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190824&group=rec.arts.tv#190824

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:57:26 -0500
 by: super70s - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:57 UTC

In article <u70u2m$37vo1$3@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> I'm a little confused on the income tax charges. Usually the more
> serious crime is underreporting, not underpaying, given that the willful
> act of underreporting is a fraud prosecution.

You seem chronically confused by legal technicalities, which is one of
the reasons being a lawyer would bore me to tears.

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<eVKdndIlF9TAXgn5nZ2dnZfqnPdh4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190890&group=rec.arts.tv#190890

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:55:41 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:55 UTC

On Jun 21, 2023 at 10:40:15 PM PDT, "The Horny Goat" <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> “Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with that said,
>> it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these charges,” Abrams said,
>> and then doubled down: “But if he wasn’t Hunter Biden, you have to believe
>> there wouldn’t have been a prosecution.”
>
> Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
> true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
> the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
> dismissing "trumped up charges".
>
> The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
> there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.

Hmmm....

Same charge, very different result.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjmcsjmoq61zex/GunComp.jpg?dl=0

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<u72ie8$3efnh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190900&group=rec.arts.tv#190900

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SE_He’s_A_Biden
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:36:55 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:36 UTC

On 6/22/23 5:55 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2023 at 10:40:15 PM PDT, "The Horny Goat" <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> “Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with that said,
>>> it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these charges,” Abrams said,
>>> and then doubled down: “But if he wasn’t Hunter Biden, you have to believe
>>> there wouldn’t have been a prosecution.”
>>
>> Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
>> true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
>> the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
>> dismissing "trumped up charges".
>>
>> The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
>> there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.
>
> Hmmm....
>
> Same charge, very different result.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjmcsjmoq61zex/GunComp.jpg?dl=0

Aaahhh... so you're ready to admit that blacks are treated more harshly
that whites that commit similar offenses?

Baby steps, counselor, baby steps. We'll get you into a Black Lives
Matter t-shirt yet!

Maybe you should take a closer look, because you seem to miss a few
obvious DIFFERENCES in the two cases.

> While several people online agreed with Cohen’s diatribe, others were quick to point out that, unlike the Kodak Black, Hunter Biden had no prior convictions before he was afforded the plea deal for his crimes. A further look into the rapper's criminal past revealed that his trouble with the law does date back to years before he was sentenced to prison.

> In 2015, when the Florida rapper was 18, he was arrested and charged with assault, robbery, abduction, false imprisonment, driving with a suspended license, and possession of illegal substances.

That was Kodak, not Hunter.

> In 2016, Kodak Black was arrested for criminal s*xual misconduct shortly before he was charged with possessing a weapon by a convicted felon, and possession of marijuana.

Again, Kodak, not Hunter.

> In the subsequent years, the rapper had several run-ins with the law where he was repeatedly arrested over several outstanding warrants stemming from his previous charges. During this time, he was also placed on house arrest and sentenced to five years of probation.

Guess who again? Right... Kodak, not Hunter.
You know, for a guy who says he went to Law School, you're pretty
fucking ignorant when it comes to the basic fundamentals of how the law
works.
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<220620231851562072%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190901&group=rec.arts.tv#190901

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:51:56 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:51 UTC

In article <eVKdndIlF9TAXgn5nZ2dnZfqnPdh4p2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2023 at 10:40:15 PM PDT, "The Horny Goat" <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> ?Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with
> >> that said, it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these
> >> charges,? Abrams said, and then doubled down: ?But if he wasn?t
> >> Hunter Biden, you have to believe there wouldn?t have been a
> >> prosecution.?
> >
> > Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
> > true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
> > the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
> > dismissing "trumped up charges".
> >
> > The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
> > there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.
>
> Hmmm....
>
> Same charge, very different result.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjmcsjmoq61zex/GunComp.jpg?dl=0

It's not at all the same circumstances.

"Black, a two-time Grammy Award nominee, pleaded guilty in 2019 to
providing an incorrect Social Security number on a federal gun purchase
form in order to buy three firearms from a Miami-area shop. The 'Bodak
Yellow' rapper had a criminal record that would have disqualified him
from buying the weapons."

https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/rapper-kodak-blacks-lawyer-decries-2-tiers-
of-justice-after-hunter-biden-plea-deal/

Re: Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<XmydndYhHP8ARQn5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190905&group=rec.arts.tv#190905

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:26:21 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:26 UTC

On Jun 22, 2023 at 3:51:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

> In article <eVKdndIlF9TAXgn5nZ2dnZfqnPdh4p2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 21, 2023 at 10:40:15 PM PDT, "The Horny Goat" <lcraver@home.ca>
>> wrote:

>> > Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
>> > true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
>> > the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
>> > dismissing "trumped up charges".
>> >
>> > The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
>> > there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.
>>
>> Hmmm....
>>
>> Same charge, very different result.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjmcsjmoq61zex/GunComp.jpg?dl=0
>

> It's not at all the same circumstances.
>
> "Black, a two-time Grammy Award nominee, pleaded guilty in 2019 to
> providing an incorrect Social Security number on a federal gun purchase
> form in order to buy three firearms from a Miami-area shop. The 'Bodak
> Yellow' rapper had a criminal record that would have disqualified him
> from buying the weapons."

And Biden had a drug history that would have disqualified him from buying the
weapons, a drug history that he lied about on the background check form. You
know, that background check that Dems like his daddy are always going on
about.

Re: Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<u72tms$3jgb4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190917&group=rec.arts.tv#190917

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 01:49:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 01:49 UTC

A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>In article <eVKdndIlF9TAXgn5nZ2dnZfqnPdh4p2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
><atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 21, 2023 at 10:40:15 PM PDT, "The Horny Goat" <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>> > Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
>> > true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
>> > the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
>> > dismissing "trumped up charges".
>> >
>> > The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
>> > there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.
>>
>> Hmmm....
>>
>> Same charge, very different result.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjmcsjmoq61zex/GunComp.jpg?dl=0
>

>It's not at all the same circumstances.
>
>"Black, a two-time Grammy Award nominee, pleaded guilty in 2019 to
>providing an incorrect Social Security number on a federal gun purchase
>form in order to buy three firearms from a Miami-area shop. The 'Bodak
>Yellow' rapper had a criminal record that would have disqualified him
>from buying the weapons."
>
>https://nypost.com/2023/06/20/rapper-kodak-blacks-lawyer-decries-2-tiers-
>of-justice-after-hunter-biden-plea-deal/

Hunter was required to disclose his drug abuse.

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He’s A Biden

<u73d5o$3l9d9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190939&group=rec.arts.tv#190939

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
SE_He’s_A_Biden
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:13:11 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:13 UTC

On 6/22/23 7:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2023 at 3:51:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <eVKdndIlF9TAXgn5nZ2dnZfqnPdh4p2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
>> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Hmmm....
>>>
>>> Same charge, very different result.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjmcsjmoq61zex/GunComp.jpg?dl=0
>>

>> It's not at all the same circumstances.
>>
>> "Black, a two-time Grammy Award nominee, pleaded guilty in 2019 to
>> providing an incorrect Social Security number on a federal gun purchase
>> form in order to buy three firearms from a Miami-area shop. The 'Bodak
>> Yellow' rapper had a criminal record that would have disqualified him
>> from buying the weapons."
>
> And Biden had a drug history that would have disqualified him from buying the
> weapons, a drug history that he lied about on the background check form. You
> know, that background check that Dems like his daddy are always going on
> about.

Not even close to being comparable, counselor. Your courtroom skilz
vary from incoherent to nonexistent.

Tell us about Hunter's previous criminal record, counselor. Because the
gun charge doesn't cut it. SCOTUS has indicated it might not even be
constitutional.

> One case the Hunter Biden team has cited is a challenge to the criteria used in the federal firearms background check system, which relies on a ubiquitous application known as a 4473 form, pending before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, which includes Delaware. In that case, Bryan David Range, a Pennsylvania man who was denied a gun permit over a decades-old misdemeanor, is asking to be granted gun ownership based, in part, on Justice Thomas’s opinion.

> The case before the Third Circuit — which has drawn national attention — challenges the government’s right to block people convicted of nonviolent crimes or other “nonserious” violations from owning a firearm.

Even if not, legal experts agree that the gun charge is rarely brought,
except to bolster other charges.

Kodak's rap sheet, on the other hand, is as long as my arm.
You've got nothing but dick in your hand.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A Biden

<663e9ilstadakjsuv55cbbguuqq2tugkk3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191151&group=rec.arts.tv#191151

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 11:34:07 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 15:34 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 07:43:18 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>>On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>>"Thousands would get prosecuted if that was the charge. But with that said,
>>>it does seem the facts support a guilty plea on these charges," Abrams said,
>>>and then doubled down: "But if he wasn't Hunter Biden, you have to believe
>>>there wouldn't have been a prosecution."
>
>>Trouble is the first half of this is an opinion that is demonstrably
>>true or untrue and it's easy to find the evidence to prove one way or
>>the other - that's what judges do and MOST are pretty good at
>>dismissing "trumped up charges".
>
>>The problem is the follow-up comment about Hunter Biden is opinion and
>>there's no way to demonstrably prove or disprove that statement.
>
>The statement is flat-out wrong. The situation was unique to Hunter
>Biden, who was in a position to strongly imply he was selling influence
>with his father who was vice president at the time. No one not the son
>of a president would have received millions of dollars in that manner
>upon which taxes were not paid.
>
>I'm a little confused on the income tax charges. Usually the more
>serious crime is underreporting, not underpaying, given that the willful
>act of underreporting is a fraud prosecution.

Meh, he's the son of a Democrat President - it's all good...

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s A Biden

<ra3e9itmcarc83mah3ueoh0usv08o8ff8i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191152&group=rec.arts.tv#191152

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 11:36:11 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 15:36 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:26:21 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Jun 22, 2023 at 3:51:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <eVKdndIlF9TAXgn5nZ2dnZfqnPdh4p2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
>> <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Hmmm....
>>>
>>> Same charge, very different result.
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjmcsjmoq61zex/GunComp.jpg?dl=0
>>

>> It's not at all the same circumstances.
>>
>> "Black, a two-time Grammy Award nominee, pleaded guilty in 2019 to
>> providing an incorrect Social Security number on a federal gun purchase
>> form in order to buy three firearms from a Miami-area shop. The 'Bodak
>> Yellow' rapper had a criminal record that would have disqualified him
>> from buying the weapons."
>
>And Biden had a drug history that would have disqualified him from buying the
>weapons, a drug history that he lied about on the background check form. You
>know, that background check that Dems like his daddy are always going on
>about.

Democrats: one rule for me another for thee.

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A Biden

<lu4e9ill1rjthj3f51fap2rl504tm19uh5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191167&group=rec.arts.tv#191167

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.troll
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 12:03:44 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 16:03 UTC

wrote:

>News Nation host and ABC News Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams claimed
>Wednesday that President Joe Biden’s embattled son Hunter was treated more
>harshly by the Justice Department than he would have been if his last name
>had not been Biden.
>
>Abrams joined host George Stephanopoulos on ABC News’s “Good Morning
>America,” and he argued that Hunter Biden might not have been prosecuted at
>all if Republicans were not trying to connect the president to his alleged
>crimes.
>
>ABC’s chief justice correspondent Pierre Thomas set the scene, suggesting
>that the younger Biden’s alleged crimes were part of a Republican effort to
>damage President Biden: “Republicans have long sought to make Hunter Biden’s
>troubles and financial dealings, including those in Ukraine and China, a
>political millstone for his father. Word of Hunter Biden’s deal set off a
>political firestorm, with Republicans claiming he got preferential
>treatment.”
>
>WATCH:
>
> CLOWNISH: Dan Abrams claims Hunter being a Biden got him harsher
> treatment instead of preferential treatment.
> "Yet, if this wasn't Hunter Biden, it is likely he wouldn't have
> been prosecuted at all." pic.twitter.com/xjRG8hx8Ej
>
> — Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) June 21, 2023
>
>Stephanopoulos, himself a veteran of former President Bill Clinton’s
>administration, pivoted to ABC’s White House correspondent Mary Bruce,
>saying, “Boy, this case of Hunter Biden has been a source of political and
>personal heartache for President Biden.”
>
>“There’s no question that this is painful for the president, personally and
>politically,” Bruce said. “He is a devoted father who has stood by his son
>throughout his struggles with addiction, throughout this investigation,
>adamant that Hunter did absolutely nothing wrong. But it is clear,
>Republicans are not gonna drop this.”

World's tiniest violin playing. Remember how the left shut down Trump
junior's charity that benefitted kids? That'll show him....

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s A Biden

<u775gs$1npca$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191174&group=rec.arts.tv#191174

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s A
Biden
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 09:27:08 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 16:27 UTC

On 6/24/2023 8:36 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:26:21 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 22, 2023 at 3:51:56 PM PDT, "A Friend" <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>>> It's not at all the same circumstances.
>>>
>>> "Black, a two-time Grammy Award nominee, pleaded guilty in 2019 to
>>> providing an incorrect Social Security number on a federal gun purchase
>>> form in order to buy three firearms from a Miami-area shop. The 'Bodak
>>> Yellow' rapper had a criminal record that would have disqualified him
>>> from buying the weapons."
>>
>> And Biden had a drug history that would have disqualified him from buying the
>> weapons, a drug history that he lied about on the background check form. You
>> know, that background check that Dems like his daddy are always going on
>> about.
>>

> Democrats: one rule for me another for thee.

Republicans can lie on a form too.

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A Biden

<u775j1$1npca$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191175&group=rec.arts.tv#191175

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.troll
Biden
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 09:28:17 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 16:28 UTC

On 6/24/2023 9:03 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> News Nation host and ABC News Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams claimed
>> Wednesday that President Joe Biden’s embattled son Hunter was treated more
>> harshly by the Justice Department than he would have been if his last name
>> had not been Biden.
>>
>> Abrams joined host George Stephanopoulos on ABC News’s “Good Morning
>> America,” and he argued that Hunter Biden might not have been prosecuted at
>> all if Republicans were not trying to connect the president to his alleged
>> crimes.
>>
>> ABC’s chief justice correspondent Pierre Thomas set the scene, suggesting
>> that the younger Biden’s alleged crimes were part of a Republican effort to
>> damage President Biden: “Republicans have long sought to make Hunter Biden’s
>> troubles and financial dealings, including those in Ukraine and China, a
>> political millstone for his father. Word of Hunter Biden’s deal set off a
>> political firestorm, with Republicans claiming he got preferential
>> treatment.”
>>
>> WATCH:
>>
>> CLOWNISH: Dan Abrams claims Hunter being a Biden got him harsher
>> treatment instead of preferential treatment.
>> "Yet, if this wasn't Hunter Biden, it is likely he wouldn't have
>> been prosecuted at all." pic.twitter.com/xjRG8hx8Ej
>>
>> — Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) June 21, 2023
>>
>> Stephanopoulos, himself a veteran of former President Bill Clinton’s
>> administration, pivoted to ABC’s White House correspondent Mary Bruce,
>> saying, “Boy, this case of Hunter Biden has been a source of political and
>> personal heartache for President Biden.”
>>
>> “There’s no question that this is painful for the president, personally and
>> politically,” Bruce said. “He is a devoted father who has stood by his son
>> throughout his struggles with addiction, throughout this investigation,
>> adamant that Hunter did absolutely nothing wrong. But it is clear,
>> Republicans are not gonna drop this.”
>
> World's tiniest violin playing. Remember how the left shut down Trump
> junior's charity that benefitted kids? That'll show him....

Tt was benefitting the Trump family far more than kids.

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He?s A Biden

<u7803c$818t$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191264&group=rec.arts.tv#191264

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Biden
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 20:00:44 -0400
 by: FPP - Sun, 25 Jun 2023 00:00 UTC

On 6/24/23 12:27 PM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 6/24/2023 8:36 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> And Biden had a drug history that would have disqualified him from
>>> buying the
>>> weapons, a drug history that he lied about on the background check
>>> form. You
>>> know, that background check that Dems like his daddy are always going on
>>> about.
>>>

>> Democrats: one rule for me another for thee.
>>
> Republicans can lie on a form too.

Just ask Sam Alito. Or John Roberts. Or Clarence Thomas. Or Jared (I
left a couple of hundred contacts off my filing) Kushner.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: ABC Analyst Says Hunter Got Harsher Treatment BECAUSE He's A Biden

<6qmg9itf0fn093vhjckofiv3klfki5km9k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191309&group=rec.arts.tv#191309

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.troll
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 11:20:52 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 25 Jun 2023 15:20 UTC

On Sat, 24 Jun 2023 09:28:17 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 6/24/2023 9:03 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 15:40:01 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> News Nation host and ABC News Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams claimed
>>> Wednesday that President Joe Biden’s embattled son Hunter was treated more
>>> harshly by the Justice Department than he would have been if his last name
>>> had not been Biden.
>>>
>>> Abrams joined host George Stephanopoulos on ABC News’s “Good Morning
>>> America,” and he argued that Hunter Biden might not have been prosecuted at
>>> all if Republicans were not trying to connect the president to his alleged
>>> crimes.
>>>
>>> ABC’s chief justice correspondent Pierre Thomas set the scene, suggesting
>>> that the younger Biden’s alleged crimes were part of a Republican effort to
>>> damage President Biden: “Republicans have long sought to make Hunter Biden’s
>>> troubles and financial dealings, including those in Ukraine and China, a
>>> political millstone for his father. Word of Hunter Biden’s deal set off a
>>> political firestorm, with Republicans claiming he got preferential
>>> treatment.”
>>>
>>> WATCH:
>>>
>>> CLOWNISH: Dan Abrams claims Hunter being a Biden got him harsher
>>> treatment instead of preferential treatment.
>>> "Yet, if this wasn't Hunter Biden, it is likely he wouldn't have
>>> been prosecuted at all." pic.twitter.com/xjRG8hx8Ej
>>>
>>> — Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) June 21, 2023
>>>
>>> Stephanopoulos, himself a veteran of former President Bill Clinton’s
>>> administration, pivoted to ABC’s White House correspondent Mary Bruce,
>>> saying, “Boy, this case of Hunter Biden has been a source of political and
>>> personal heartache for President Biden.”
>>>
>>> “There’s no question that this is painful for the president, personally and
>>> politically,” Bruce said. “He is a devoted father who has stood by his son
>>> throughout his struggles with addiction, throughout this investigation,
>>> adamant that Hunter did absolutely nothing wrong. But it is clear,
>>> Republicans are not gonna drop this.”
>>
>> World's tiniest violin playing. Remember how the left shut down Trump
>> junior's charity that benefitted kids? That'll show him....
>
>Tt was benefitting the Trump family far more than kids.

Do you have a breakdown for that claim?