Once you've tried to change the world you find it's a whole bunch easier to change your mind.

arts / rec.arts.tv / "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

SubjectAuthor
* "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe BidenUbiquitous
`* Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe BidenThe Horny Goat
 +- Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Bidenshawn
 +* Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" ForFPP
 |`* Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe BidenThe Horny Goat
 | `- Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" ForFPP
 `- Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" ForFPP

1
"Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

<u71cbg$399td$10@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190822&group=rec.arts.tv#190822

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:30 UTC

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough led a �Morning Joe� panel discussion on Tuesday
during which he and several others attempted to spin Hunter Biden�s
indictment as �good news� for his father, President Joe Biden.

Scarborough set the scene, saying that the Hunter Biden indictment was just
the last entry in a long laundry list of �conspiracy theories� that had been
stirred up by Republicans � specifically �Trump Republicans,� who he said
wanted to damage the president by connecting him to anything that stuck to
his son.

WATCH:

Hunter Biden gets indicted, MSNBC attacks Republicans Joe Scarborough
says "Republicans have been trying to stir up conspiracy theories"
Jonathan Lemire says that for Joe Biden, this "is good news" but the
GOP "will continue hammering away no matter what the facts actually
hold" pic.twitter.com/uyvv4WYbh7

� Alex Christy (@alexchristy17) June 20, 2023

�Obviously Republicans, Trump Republicans have been trying to stir up
conspiracy theories left and right, one after another have been disproven,
one after another we found out � The Wall Street Journal editorial page
themselves said, �No fire here, smoke all over the place, no fire,'�
Scarborough began.

�Not only have they proven nothing, they have senior members of the Senate
saying we don�t care whether he�s guilty or not, we don�t care whether he did
this stuff or not, it�s all been a show,� he continued. �Well, that show has
just been exposed by Trump�s own � by Trump�s own prosecutor, a Trump-
appointed prosecutor in Delaware.�

Scarborough referenced the deal reportedly struck by the president�s
embattled son � a deal in which Hunter Biden will plead guilty to misdemeanor
tax crimes and avoid jail time � and turned the question over to Jonathan
Lemire.

�Yes, Hunter Biden, pleading guilty,� Lemire repeated, going on to suggest
that Republicans had simply been throwing accusations at the younger Biden in
the hopes that something would eventually stick. �Certainly Republicans have,
for literally years now, accused Hunter Biden of basically everything under
the sun, including that he�s the mastermind behind the Biden crime family and
corruption and all that, charges which we don�t need to get into now because
they were never brought.�

Lemire concluded that was �good news� � the fact that he had not been charged
with anything that could be directly tied to his father � but Lemire agreed
that the investigations into Hunter Biden on other matters were still likely
to continue: Republicans, he said, �will continue hammering away no matter
what the facts actually hold.�

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

<1qu89ilmi88l6jmfhiisafvs642215f5hp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190845&group=rec.arts.tv#190845

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 09:53:03 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:53 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 04:30:45 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

>“Obviously Republicans, Trump Republicans have been trying to stir up
>conspiracy theories left and right, one after another have been disproven,
>one after another we found out – The Wall Street Journal editorial page
>themselves said, ‘No fire here, smoke all over the place, no fire,'”
>Scarborough began.

Obviously that's not true - state prosecutors don't initiate charges
for shits and giggles - they only launch charges if there's a high
probability of conviction. I\ve heard the figure of 90% quoted for
prosecution but obviously that differs from jurisdiction to
jurisdiction.

>“Not only have they proven nothing, they have senior members of the Senate
>saying we don’t care whether he’s guilty or not, we don’t care whether he did
>this stuff or not, it’s all been a show,” he continued. “Well, that show has
>just been exposed by Trump’s own — by Trump’s own prosecutor, a Trump-
>appointed prosecutor in Delaware.”

Once a president is out of office what "duty of loyalty" might there
be? Precious little I would think. This isn't a question of ideology
here.

>Scarborough referenced the deal reportedly struck by the president’s
>embattled son – a deal in which Hunter Biden will plead guilty to misdemeanor
>tax crimes and avoid jail time — and turned the question over to Jonathan
>Lemire.

So Hunter and Trump have something in common besides that each is
facing a court date?

>“Yes, Hunter Biden, pleading guilty,” Lemire repeated, going on to suggest
>that Republicans had simply been throwing accusations at the younger Biden in
>the hopes that something would eventually stick. “Certainly Republicans have,
>for literally years now, accused Hunter Biden of basically everything under
>the sun, including that he’s the mastermind behind the Biden crime family and
>corruption and all that, charges which we don’t need to get into now because
>they were never brought.”
>
>Lemire concluded that was “good news” — the fact that he had not been charged
>with anything that could be directly tied to his father — but Lemire agreed
>that the investigations into Hunter Biden on other matters were still likely
>to continue: Republicans, he said, “will continue hammering away no matter
>what the facts actually hold.”

I see no good reason this should seriously impact Biden either way.
Jimmy Carter was plagued by new stories about his brother Billy for
most of his presidency but nobody I know thinks it hurt him in 1980.

Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

<kpv89ipeuvn1ptv86td7m6tch8fgtk10g2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190849&group=rec.arts.tv#190849

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 13:13:05 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:13 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 09:53:03 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 04:30:45 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
>wrote:
>
>>“Obviously Republicans, Trump Republicans have been trying to stir up
>>conspiracy theories left and right, one after another have been disproven,
>>one after another we found out – The Wall Street Journal editorial page
>>themselves said, ‘No fire here, smoke all over the place, no fire,'”
>>Scarborough began.
>
>Obviously that's not true - state prosecutors don't initiate charges
>for shits and giggles - they only launch charges if there's a high
>probability of conviction. I\ve heard the figure of 90% quoted for
>prosecution but obviously that differs from jurisdiction to
>jurisdiction.

The point being there's no serious crime here even though that's what
the Republicans have been trying to imply. The fact that a Trump
nominated person has decided to come to an agreement with Hunter Biden
shows that what he did wasn't that serious or else he would have been
spending time in prison.

>>“Not only have they proven nothing, they have senior members of the Senate
>>saying we don’t care whether he’s guilty or not, we don’t care whether he did
>>this stuff or not, it’s all been a show,” he continued. “Well, that show has
>>just been exposed by Trump’s own — by Trump’s own prosecutor, a Trump-
>>appointed prosecutor in Delaware.”
>
>Once a president is out of office what "duty of loyalty" might there
>be? Precious little I would think. This isn't a question of ideology
>here.

The duty of loyalty is very much in play because Trump has people that
are truly fanatical in their support of him. The last thing these
politicians want is to turn those people against them for fear of
being challenged in a primary and/or having Trump start attacking
them.

>>Scarborough referenced the deal reportedly struck by the president’s
>>embattled son – a deal in which Hunter Biden will plead guilty to misdemeanor
>>tax crimes and avoid jail time — and turned the question over to Jonathan
>>Lemire.
>
>So Hunter and Trump have something in common besides that each is
>facing a court date?

Foremost Hunter Biden isn't a politician and hasn't served in a
political office and is charged with committing a common sort of crime
(in regards to his taxes). Trump was the President and committed
serious crimes that leave him with the possibility of spending the
rest of his life in prison. Also he's not facing one court date but
multiple.

>>“Yes, Hunter Biden, pleading guilty,” Lemire repeated, going on to suggest
>>that Republicans had simply been throwing accusations at the younger Biden in
>>the hopes that something would eventually stick. “Certainly Republicans have,
>>for literally years now, accused Hunter Biden of basically everything under
>>the sun, including that he’s the mastermind behind the Biden crime family and
>>corruption and all that, charges which we don’t need to get into now because
>>they were never brought.”
>>
>>Lemire concluded that was “good news” — the fact that he had not been charged
>>with anything that could be directly tied to his father — but Lemire agreed
>>that the investigations into Hunter Biden on other matters were still likely
>>to continue: Republicans, he said, “will continue hammering away no matter
>>what the facts actually hold.”
>
>I see no good reason this should seriously impact Biden either way.
>Jimmy Carter was plagued by new stories about his brother Billy for
>most of his presidency but nobody I know thinks it hurt him in 1980.

It likely won't but as Lemire says that won't stop the more radical
Republicans from continuing the investigations with the intention of
trying to stain President Biden with the possibility of there having
been some shady dealings going on with Hunter. Never mind that they
have and are very likely to never have any proof of such a thing.

Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

<u72fup$3e2g6$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190887&group=rec.arts.tv#190887

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For
Joe Biden
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:54:33 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 21:54 UTC

On 6/22/23 12:53 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 04:30:45 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> “Obviously Republicans, Trump Republicans have been trying to stir up
>> conspiracy theories left and right, one after another have been disproven,
>> one after another we found out – The Wall Street Journal editorial page
>> themselves said, ‘No fire here, smoke all over the place, no fire,'”
>> Scarborough began.
>
> Obviously that's not true - state prosecutors don't initiate charges
> for shits and giggles - they only launch charges if there's a high
> probability of conviction. I\ve heard the figure of 90% quoted for
> prosecution but obviously that differs from jurisdiction to
> jurisdiction.
>
>> “Not only have they proven nothing, they have senior members of the Senate
>> saying we don’t care whether he’s guilty or not, we don’t care whether he did
>> this stuff or not, it’s all been a show,” he continued. “Well, that show has
>> just been exposed by Trump’s own — by Trump’s own prosecutor, a Trump-
>> appointed prosecutor in Delaware.”
>
> Once a president is out of office what "duty of loyalty" might there
> be? Precious little I would think. This isn't a question of ideology
> here.

Have you paid ANY fucking attention to what's going on? Trump commands
at least 25% of Republican base voters.

The Republican party CAN'T win without them. And they sure as fuck
can't win WITH Trump.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

<u72gd6$3e8jt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190893&group=rec.arts.tv#190893

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Joe Biden
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:02:13 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:02 UTC

On 6/22/23 12:53 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 04:30:45 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> “Obviously Republicans, Trump Republicans have been trying to stir up
>> conspiracy theories left and right, one after another have been disproven,
>> one after another we found out – The Wall Street Journal editorial page
>> themselves said, ‘No fire here, smoke all over the place, no fire,'”
>> Scarborough began.
>
> Obviously that's not true - state prosecutors don't initiate charges
> for shits and giggles - they only launch charges if there's a high
> probability of conviction. I\ve heard the figure of 90% quoted for
> prosecution but obviously that differs from jurisdiction to
> jurisdiction.

What? It's not true that "Trump Republicans have been trying to stir up
conspiracy theories left and right, one after another have been
disproven, one after another we found out..."

They have a whistleblower that doesn't fit the definition of
"whistleblower".

First they can't find their star witness.
Then they think the guy they can't find is dead.
Now they have 17 audio recordings of Joe Biden committing crimes, but
they can't find them either.

Wake up. It's all smoke and mirrors. Hunter is a crack head... but
there is absolutely NO LINK to his father.

You reach the right conclusion, but with all the wrong facts.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

<j5u99id020g6ehgnjv4vfhkcu3ck5qhgtt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190915&group=rec.arts.tv#190915

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:44:54 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 01:44 UTC

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:54:33 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Once a president is out of office what "duty of loyalty" might there
>> be? Precious little I would think. This isn't a question of ideology
>> here.
>
>Have you paid ANY fucking attention to what's going on? Trump commands
>at least 25% of Republican base voters.

Understood (and yes I did know that) but supporters is one thing,
office holders nominated by a former president is quite another.
Normally officer holders don't publicly slag the president who
nominated them but it isn't normally "yes sir yes sir three bags full
sir" either.

Re: "Morning Joe" Panel Spins Hunter Indictment As "Good News" For Joe Biden

<u73du2$3lc51$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190943&group=rec.arts.tv#190943

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Joe Biden
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:26:09 -0400
 by: FPP - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:26 UTC

On 6/22/23 9:44 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:54:33 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Once a president is out of office what "duty of loyalty" might there
>>> be? Precious little I would think. This isn't a question of ideology
>>> here.
>>
>> Have you paid ANY fucking attention to what's going on? Trump commands
>> at least 25% of Republican base voters.
>
> Understood (and yes I did know that) but supporters is one thing,
> office holders nominated by a former president is quite another.
> Normally officer holders don't publicly slag the president who
> nominated them but it isn't normally "yes sir yes sir three bags full
> sir" either.

You're living in a time bubble. That kind of thing was BT. Everything
after January 2021 is AT.

In the AT years, nothing is "normal". Like it used to be normal to NOT
side with our sworn enemies over your own side.

Like it used to be normal for a president to NOT violate the Espionage
Act, and store classified documents in one's shitter.

Nothing fits the definition of normal anymore. Simple fact is that the
GOP can't win the presidency without Trump, and they can't win it with
Trump.

So what the fuck is their game? Why are they doing this to themselves?
They've had a half a dozen perfect times to drop this orange boat anchor
from around their necks, but they never do.

I don't understand it, but I'm thrilled that they're doing it to
themselves. I don't think the Dems are capable of doing anywhere near
the kind of damage they're inflicting on themselves.

Gotta hand it to them. It's quite a show.