The meek shall inherit the Earth. (But they're gonna have to fight for it.)

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: The Ghost of Lady K

SubjectAuthor
* The Ghost of Lady KEdward Rochester Esq.
`* Re: The Ghost of Lady KNancyGene
 `* Re: The Ghost of Lady KSpam-I-Am
  `* Re: The Ghost of Lady KNancyGene
   `* Re: The Ghost of Lady KSpam-I-Am
    `* Re: The Ghost of Lady KNancyGene
     `* Re: The Ghost of Lady KSpam-I-Am
      `- Re: The Ghost of Lady KSpam-I-Am

1
The Ghost of Lady K

<ee89d1b3-b521-4276-ae10-497b30e6dc3en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190834&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190834

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 18:13:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The Ghost of Lady K
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 02:13 UTC

The Ghost of Lady K
by Edward Rochester Esq.

You've succeeded,
destroying most of everything that has crossed your path
though you turn it into a success story--the poet, the artist, the tunesmith
fighting all that challenge your king of the hill stand.

You recruit plants (with a weak eye), those that would suit your agenda,
bring them aboard your leaking ship, help man your voyage
until most abandon ship with your Captain Queeg lunacy.

The ghost of Lady K floats through your nights, she ran as well
from the hold you force fed her and we know the story,
for you told us every detail of her stumbling into the madman
and eventual run, leaving children behind (quite a sacrifice telling all
the desperation for such a decision).

So now, that bad marriage is right here in a silly group trying their best
to offer some words under the guise of 'poetry' and you doing your best to destroy
it, no matter who runs from your ego driven nothing.

Your first mate, Zod, has nowhere else to go, so he stays, a good soldier
in your ragged army, you recruit Dance, your go to man when things should be explained
through your eyes as only he can tell it, more spaghetti logic than clarity
as you lived with a brother who needed public assistance, your meal ticket
as you walked, never ran, the streets of your making.

We fight here, trying some kind of logic to keep a poetry group
dedicated to poetry, a Sunday Sample arrives, it becomes an enemy
to your stand, AYoS arrives, and it becomes something to ignore
as you send all to a blog where only you can remain king as you beg, as does Dance,
to complete the reading of a few short words, convinced your teaser
will bring the read numbers up where that becomes a focus of bragging rights.

She remains, this ghost of Lady K as you lie awake nights studying the words
aimed at you, for they can offer fuel for the next day, the next page turner
but in the end, you remain small in the meaning of what should be
success.

All groups you have been involved with can be read and all the nonsense
that is here, is right there, decades later. Your impression to most
remains a man to be avoided.

You fail as you have failed and will continue to fail, as your sixties reach into seventies,
and all you can do is look back, tell us 'Poetically' how you have weathered the storm,
a hero while leaving behind those that will continue to wonder how you became
what you are, your attempt at the brass ring, failing time after time.

Stay as you are, you have no choice at this late stage, to change, flood us with your
Google searches, tell us how ego has nothing to do with your fight against us foes.

The Ghost of Lady K hovers over your everyday, her breakdown was your doing,
here we can just hit a switch and you're gone.

Re: The Ghost of Lady K

<cc7c8b03-d21b-43f6-8ff7-420b58c23609n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190903&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190903

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 05:05:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The Ghost of Lady K
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 13:05 UTC

On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 2:13:39 AM UTC, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> The Ghost of Lady K
> by Edward Rochester Esq.
>
> You've succeeded,
> destroying most of everything that has crossed your path
> though you turn it into a success story--the poet, the artist, the tunesmith
> fighting all that challenge your king of the hill stand.
>
> You recruit plants (with a weak eye), those that would suit your agenda,
> bring them aboard your leaking ship, help man your voyage
> until most abandon ship with your Captain Queeg lunacy.
>
> The ghost of Lady K floats through your nights, she ran as well
> from the hold you force fed her and we know the story,
> for you told us every detail of her stumbling into the madman
> and eventual run, leaving children behind (quite a sacrifice telling all
> the desperation for such a decision).
>
> So now, that bad marriage is right here in a silly group trying their best
> to offer some words under the guise of 'poetry' and you doing your best to destroy
> it, no matter who runs from your ego driven nothing.
>
> Your first mate, Zod, has nowhere else to go, so he stays, a good soldier
> in your ragged army, you recruit Dance, your go to man when things should be explained
> through your eyes as only he can tell it, more spaghetti logic than clarity
> as you lived with a brother who needed public assistance, your meal ticket
> as you walked, never ran, the streets of your making.
>
> We fight here, trying some kind of logic to keep a poetry group
> dedicated to poetry, a Sunday Sample arrives, it becomes an enemy
> to your stand, AYoS arrives, and it becomes something to ignore
> as you send all to a blog where only you can remain king as you beg, as does Dance,
> to complete the reading of a few short words, convinced your teaser
> will bring the read numbers up where that becomes a focus of bragging rights.
>
> She remains, this ghost of Lady K as you lie awake nights studying the words
> aimed at you, for they can offer fuel for the next day, the next page turner
> but in the end, you remain small in the meaning of what should be
> success.
>
> All groups you have been involved with can be read and all the nonsense
> that is here, is right there, decades later. Your impression to most
> remains a man to be avoided.
>
> You fail as you have failed and will continue to fail, as your sixties reach into seventies,
> and all you can do is look back, tell us 'Poetically' how you have weathered the storm,
> a hero while leaving behind those that will continue to wonder how you became
> what you are, your attempt at the brass ring, failing time after time.
>
> Stay as you are, you have no choice at this late stage, to change, flood us with your
> Google searches, tell us how ego has nothing to do with your fight against us foes.
>
> The Ghost of Lady K hovers over your everyday, her breakdown was your doing,
> here we can just hit a switch and you're gone.

Poor Lady K, who lived poorly and died early. We wonder how many times Donkey has tried to break into her grave?

Re: The Ghost of Lady K

<40fe1687-9bdf-4a2a-a0a8-31c51b9e071dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190905&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190905

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 05:18:50 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 13:18 UTC

On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 8:05:04 AM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:
> [...]
> > that is here, is right there, decades later. Your impression to most
> > remains a man to be avoided.
> >
> > You fail as you have failed and will continue to fail, as your sixties reach into seventies,
> > and all you can do is look back, tell us 'Poetically' how you have weathered the storm,
> > a hero while leaving behind those that will continue to wonder how you became
> > what you are, your attempt at the brass ring, failing time after time.
> >
> > Stay as you are, you have no choice at this late stage, to change, flood us with your
> > Google searches, tell us how ego has nothing to do with your fight against us foes.
> >
> > The Ghost of Lady K hovers over your everyday, her breakdown was your doing,
> > here we can just hit a switch and you're gone.
> Poor Lady K, who lived poorly and died early. We wonder how many times Donkey has tried to break into her grave?

If there’s something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call?

Re: The Ghost of Lady K

<b01a4702-24a9-4673-b7d0-8ab6058a848en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190921&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190921

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:47:49 -0800 (PST)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:47 UTC

The police?

Re: The Ghost of Lady K

<ff062d9e-e720-4cb8-8184-f5e000e87888n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190968&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190968

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:48:40 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:48 UTC

You’re asking me?

Re: The Ghost of Lady K

<48b27c5c-32d8-439d-860d-cd5a4724b4een@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190969&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190969

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 12:53:37 -0800 (PST)
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 20:53 UTC

On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 8:48:41 PM UTC, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 10:47:51 AM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:

> > > If there’s something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call?
> > The police?
> You’re asking me?
Have a seance with Lady K and ask her what she would do? WWLKD? Ask Dr. Schwimmer?

Re: The Ghost of Lady K

<81f58f47-c149-4249-8444-ece1205ce047n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=190971&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#190971

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 13:02:09 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 21:02 UTC

So. Many. Questions.

Re: The Ghost of Lady K

<ec53c96b-1ab6-4785-a4c6-dca6ae979caen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191056&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#191056

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 04:39:46 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 12:39 UTC

On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 4:02:10 PM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 28, 2022 at 3:53:38 PM UTC-5, NancyGene wrote:

> > > You’re asking me?
> > Have a seance with Lady K and ask her what she would do? WWLKD? Ask Dr. Schwimmer?
> So. Many. Questions.

The dead are supposed to Rest In Peace,
so when they don’t, then the RIP Police
are required to do some reconnoitering,
and find out why said dead are loitering
in the thoughts of those who’d post
about their giving up the ghost.

I’ve spoken to some living, dead
between the ears and said,