Some people manage by the book, even though they don't know who wrote the book or even what book.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
+- Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programmingDimensional Traveler
+* Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
|`- Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programmingDimensional Traveler
+- Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programmingIan J. Ball
`- Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman

1
June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<1090669389.709274136.600818.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191098&group=rec.arts.tv#191098

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 22:00:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 05:00 UTC

June 24-30, 2023: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, June 24

Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators (cable premiere?) (7
and 8 pm, two episodes, Ovation)

Stars Mark Benton as the hard-boiled Frank Hathaway and Jo Joyner as his
rookie sidekick Lu Shakespeare. Four series have been broadcast in the UK
by the BBC from 2018 through 2022, with the current status of the show
unknown. Each series has 10 episodes; Ovation has scheduled the first two
series, running through August 26.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare_%26_Hathaway:_Private_Investigators

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7526498/

Keyshia Cole: This is My Story (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Multiple Grammy award nominee Keyshia Cole will executive produce and make
her acting debut, playing herself, in this new Lifetime biopic. The story
follows Keyshia through her early days in Oakland honing her musical
talents, to her rise to a multi-platinum-selling recording artist and
television personality, to her complicated yet warmhearted relationship
with her mother Frankie Lons (Debbi Morgan.) It’s a story of childhood
trauma, tragedy, complexity of love and overcoming obstacles to become the
best version of oneself. Cindi Davis and Brittney Level also star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/keyshia-cole-this-is-my-story

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27584374/

Make Me a Match (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Vivi enlists the help of an Indian Matchmaker, Raina, to change her fate in
love. However, Raina's son Boom just might be the change Vivi needed all
along. Stars Rushi Kota and Eva Bourne.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/make-me-a-match

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27689763/

Totally Weird and Funny (season 1 finale) (9 and 9:30 pm,
two episodes, CW)

Sunday, June 25

The Gold [new to US; complete limited series?] (3:01 am,
Paramount+)

Hugh Bonneville, Dominic Cooper, Jack Lowden, Charlotte Spencer, and Tom
Cullen star in a six-episode BBC crime drama about the true-life 1983
heist of a massive trove of gold, cash, and gems from a warehouse near
Heathrow Airport. At the time, it was the largest robbery in history.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-gold/season-1 [score 73]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14063678/

The Freak Brothers (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Tubi)

Chronicles the escapades of a trio of stoner anti-establishment characters
and their smartass cat who wake up from a 50-year nap after smoking a
magical strain of weed in 1969, and must adjust to life with a new family
in present-day San Francisco. Season one consisted of eight episodes
released weekly in Nov.-Dec. 2021.

https://tubitv.com/series/300007896/the-freak-brothers

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10627334/

Love At First Lie (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Kate Burns is looking for the perfect match online when she swipes and
meets Walker Stevenson, a wealthy jet-setting art dealer. After Kate falls
for the dashing dealer, she learns Walker is a hustler who cons women out
of their money. Now Kate plans for payback. Stars Lexie Stevenson, Greg
Kriek, Katelin Chesna, and Skye Coyne.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/love-at-first-lie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27195082/

2023 BET Awards (special) (8 pm, BET)

Vice (season 4 summer finale) (8 pm, Showtime)

The 2010s (limited series finale) (9-11 pm, CNN)

From (season 2 finale) (9 pm, MGM+)

Monday, June 26

Claim to Fame (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, ABC)

Hosted by Kevin and Frankie Jonas, this series challenges 12 celebrity
relatives to step outside their famous family member's shadow and live
together under one roof, concealing their identity and lineage in the quest
for their own fame and fortune. Season one had 10 episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18974548/

https://abc.com/shows/claim-to-fame

The Bachelorette (season 20 premiere) (9-11 pm, ABC)

POV (season 36 premiere) (10 pm, PBS)

16 episodes.

Happy Valley (season 3 and series finale) (11 pm, BBC
America)

Tuesday, June 27

Fire Front (documentary) (3:01 am, Tubi)

In Australia, during the Summer of 2019/2020, the world's eyes are fixed on
the nation as it is ravaged by bushfires. Massive areas of the country are
devastated by record-breaking heat, entire towns are engulfed in flames,
and thousands of people are left homeless. The toll on the landscape,
including its human and animal populations, remains catastrophic to this
day. Featuring first-hand footage of Australia’s most devastating bushfire
season, FIRE FRONT delivers insight into a disaster that captivated the
world. 1h 32m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18259454/

https://tubitv.com/movies/713112/fire-front

Superman & Lois (season 3 finale; renewed for season 4) (8 pm,
CW)

https://collider.com/superman-and-lois-season-4-renewal/

Gotham Knights (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CW)

Taylor Mac's 24-Decade History of Popular Music (special)
(9 pm, HBO)

Captures Taylor Mac's exuberant, blatantly gay 24-hour musical performance
in New York City, featuring skilled musicians, creative costumes, and the
American myth as recounted through sailor's ditties, disco, and sugary pop
alike. 1h 46m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwnddB4dFYk

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27549751/

Wednesday, June 28

Streaming:

Hijack [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

It's not 24: It's 7. Unfolding in real time, Apple's seven-hour thriller
follows the journey of a hijacked flight en route to London. Idris Elba
stars as an accomplished business negotiator who attempts to find out if
his business skills translate to negotiations with terrorists, while Archie
Panjabi plays an actual counterterrorism officer on the ground. Seven
episodes; the first two stream today, followed by single episodes weekly
through August 2.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19854762/

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/hijack/season-1 [score 64]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwKzsklvJo

Anthem (documentary) (12:01 am, Hulu)

Reflecting upon “The Star-Spangled Banner,” “Anthem” follows acclaimed
composer Kris Bowers (“Bridgerton,” “When They See Us,” “King Richard”) and
Grammy-winning music producer Dahi (Travis Scott, Kendrick Lamar, Drake) as
they take a musical journey traveling across America to create a new sound,
inspired by what our country’s national anthem might be if written in
today’s time. 1h 37m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnYaOdnmINA

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26424937/

Delete [new; complete season 1?] (3:01 am, Netflix)

A complicated relationship with secrets to hide, and a grim question to
ponder: who do you want to delete from your life? Thai series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ugN5BiP_e8

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22696582/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81519591/

Eldorado: Everything the Nazis Hate (documentary) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

A glittery nightclub in 1920s Berlin becomes a haven for the gay community
in this documentary exploring the freedoms lost amid Hitler's rise to
power. 1h 32m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27906298/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81331646

Muscles & Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators
[new; complete documentary miniseries] (3:01 am, Netflix)

In the '90s, TV's stunt-filled "American Gladiators" thrilled fans. This
docuseries explores the show's success and how it almost ended before it
began. Five episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw38WFM4MCg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27851747/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81462151

Run Rabbit Run (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Sarah Snook plays a a fertility doctor and single mother frightened by her
young daughter's inexplicable memories of a past identity. Australian film;
1h 40m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFPovTGI8hA

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12547822/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81664196

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/run-rabbit-run [score 53]

Disney Gallery: Star Wars: The Mandalorian ­ The Making of Season 3
(special) (3:01 am, Disney+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnTWuVPPkM

FreeKs [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Disney+)

The life of Gaspar, a talented musician and leader of the band FreeKs,
takes an unexpected turn when his friends accuse him of a crime he did not
commit. This accusation has far-reaching consequences for Gaspar. He is
determined to prove his innocence and get his former life back. Gaspar goes
in search of the real culprit and does everything in his power to track him
down. In the meantime, Gaspar has to watch his former band grow in
popularity day by day. Argentinian series; 13 episodes?.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u75ui9$1bkf$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191103&group=rec.arts.tv#191103

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 22:22:20 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 05:22 UTC

On 6/23/2023 10:00 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> June 24-30, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, June 24
>

> Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators (cable premiere?) (7
> and 8 pm, two episodes, Ovation)
>
> Stars Mark Benton as the hard-boiled Frank Hathaway and Jo Joyner as his
> rookie sidekick Lu Shakespeare.

Not William Shakespeare and Anne Hathaway?

> [...]
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Tuesday, June 27
>

> Fire Front (documentary) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> In Australia, during the Summer of 2019/2020, the world's eyes are fixed on
> the nation as it is ravaged by bushfires. Massive areas of the country are
> devastated by record-breaking heat, entire towns are engulfed in flames,
> and thousands of people are left homeless. The toll on the landscape,
> including its human and animal populations, remains catastrophic to this
> day. Featuring first-hand footage of Australia’s most devastating bushfire
> season, FIRE FRONT delivers insight into a disaster that captivated the
> world. 1h 32m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18259454/
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/713112/fire-front
>

> Superman & Lois (season 3 finale; renewed for season 4) (8 pm,

For some definitions of "renewed"....

> [...]
> replaced as Geralt of Rivia by Liam Hemsworth in season 4—is arriving in
> two parts, with the first five episodes streaming today and the remaining
> three arriving on July 27.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzS8Ao0H6Co
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yYoPTzAN7g
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5180504/
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80189685
>

> Lust Stories 2 (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Four eminent Indian directors explore sex, desire and love through short
> films in this sequel to 2018's Emmy-nominated "Lust Stories". Indian film;
> 2h 12m.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Z7RocQUXI
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27989067/
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81479822/
>

> Ooku: The Inner Chambers [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> In an alternate history where the male population is nearly decimated,
> eligible men serve as concubines to the woman shogun inside the walls of
> the Ooku. Anime.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81464005
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27250301/
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2yLQtxWrw
>

> Ten-Year-Old Tom (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Max)
>
> Being a kid is harder than ever, but especially for innocent elementary
> school student Tom, who regularly contends with questionable guidance from
> the well-meaning grownups around him in this bitingly-funny adult animated
> series.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZq5cbq-2_s
>

> Warrior (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Max)
>
> During the Tong Wars in the late 1800s, Ah Sahm, a martial arts prodigy
> from China, immigrates to San Francisco and becomes a hatchet man for the
> most powerful tong in Chinatown.
>
> Season 3: In the wake of the race riots that upended Chinatown in season
> two, Mai Ling uses her government connections to consolidate power, while
> Ah Sahm and the Hop Wei must find new ways to survive.
>
> The first two seasons were on Cinemax in 2019 and 2020. The series now
> moves to the Max streaming service; two episodes stream today.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dEEKEzglw
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5743796/
>

> Murder City (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> “Murder City” follows a disgraced former cop who finds himself working for
> a ruthless female kingpin to pay off his estranged father’s debt and
> protect his family. Stars Mike Colter, Stephanie Sigman, Antonio Fargas and
> James Udom. 1h 25m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2583014/
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/100004480/murder-city
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJbEoUwxVsA
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Capital One's The Match (special) (7 pm, TBS/TNT/truTV)
>
> Golf match featuring NFL and NBA superstar duos as teammates Patrick
> Mahomes and Travis Kelce face Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson.
>
> https://bleacherreport.com/the-match
>
> https://www.tntdrama.com/capital-ones-the-match
>

> Sins of The Preacher's Wife (movie) (8 pm, LMN)

The title just screams "IAN!!!!!"

Click here to read the complete article
Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<52653228.709276787.481222.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191105&group=rec.arts.tv#191105

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 22:50:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 05:50 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> June 24-30, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, June 24
>

> Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators (cable premiere?) (7
> and 8 pm, two episodes, Ovation)

Well, I thought I might take a look, but I don’t think I get ovation so…

> Make Me a Match (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Now STRIKE ME!

> Totally Weird and Funny (season 1 finale) (9 and 9:30 pm,
> two episodes, CW)

Say it with me:
The C dub must die!

> Sunday, June 25

> Monday, June 26

> Tuesday, June 27
>

> Superman & Lois (season 3 finale; renewed for season 4) (8 pm,
> CW)

The C dub must die.

> Gotham Knights (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CW)

The C dub must die.

> Wednesday, June 28
>

> Streaming:
>

> Delete [new; complete season 1?] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A complicated relationship with secrets to hide, and a grim question to
> ponder: who do you want to delete from your life? Thai series.

Just from my life, or from their own life, slowly and painfully? These are
different answers. And the list is a big one.

> Eldorado: Everything the Nazis Hate (documentary) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)

The Nazis hate John Wayne movies?

> A glittery nightclub in 1920s Berlin becomes a haven for the gay community

Oh the gay El Dorado. That’s the DreamWorks movie.

When asked why they put naked male buttocks prominently on screen, and the
DreamWorks, animated El Dorado, the animators being interviewed, said
“because they won’t let us put naked, female buttocks prominently on
screen”

> Disney Gallery: Star Wars: The Mandalorian ­

NO

> Weekend Family (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Every weekend, Fred takes care of his girls Clara (15), Victoire (12) and
> Romy (9). Each has a different mother with whom she lives during the week.
> A new stepmother joins in this happy mix when Fred falls madly in love with
> Emma, a Canadian doctoral student in child psychology. French series.

What the actual fuck?

> Broadcast and cable:
>
> grown-ish (final season 6 premiere) (10 pm, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Thursday, June 29
>

> Streaming:
>

> Secret Chef [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A cooking competition in which ten contestants from all walks of life are
> isolated in a secret underground kitchen labyrinth connected by a series of
> conveyor belts. Guided by a mischievous animated talking hat,

What an original idea!

the chefs are
> tasked to perform a series of cooking challenges. However, there are no
> judges, and the chefs must rate each other's final dishes in blind taste
> tests. With their true identities concealed, everything will be hidden
> except the one thing that matters most ... the food. Ten episodes.

This is so galactically stupid I may actually sample it.

> The Witcher (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This third season—the final one to feature Henry Cavill, who will be
> replaced as Geralt of Rivia by Liam Hemsworth in season 4—

Now I have it. Everything we’ve read up until now said that Hemsworth was
playing a new different Witcher. And I’ve been saying he should just take
over this role. Maybe they’re actually going to do it right after all?
Anyway, I’ll watch if only for the beautiful deformed girl.

> Ooku: The Inner Chambers [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> In an alternate history where the male population is nearly decimated,

Only 91% left!

> eligible men serve as concubines to the woman shogun inside the walls of
> the Ooku. Anime.

No

> Murder City (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> “Murder City” follows a disgraced former cop who finds himself working for
> a ruthless female kingpin to pay off his estranged father’s debt and
> protect his family. Stars Mike Colter, Stephanie Sigman, Antonio Fargas

Huggy bear!!!

No.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Sins of The Preacher's Wife (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> In a new town with a new baby and a husband who has to work all the time, a
> young mom gets involved with the highly popular local church. The
> preacher’s wife welcomes her with open arms, and she enrolls her baby in
> the church’s daycare which is run by the preacher’s wife. Slowly but
> surely, it seems as though the preacher’s wife is taking over as the baby’s
> main caregiver and framing the new mom as an unfit mom. Stars Anna Marie
> Dobbins, Vanessa Angel,

Wait. What? Really?

Damn. Robin got me with a lifetime movie.

> Generation Gap (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, ABC)
>
> Teams of older adults and their grandchildren answer pop culture questions
> in the second season of the comedic game show hosted by Kelly Ripa.

NO!!!

> Friday, June 30
>

> Streaming:
>

> Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (final season 4 premiere) (12:01
> am, Prime Video)

NO!!!

> Nimona (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> When a knight in a futuristic medieval world

Is that even possible?

is framed for a crime he
> didn't commit, the only one who can help him prove his innocence is Nimona
> -- a mischievous teen who happens to be a shapeshifting creature he's sworn
> to destroy. Chloë Grace Moretz, Riz Ahmed, Frances Conroy, Beck Bennett,
> Julio Torres, Lorraine Toussaint, Indya Moore, and RuPaul provide voices
> for Netflix's feature adaptation of the award-winning graphic novel by ND
> Stevenson. 1h 41m.

No. They asked me at “voices”

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Death in Paradise (season 7 premiere) (7 pm, Ovation)

I would if I could, although the episodes I am currently watching on PBS
are pretty terrible

> Four episodes are shown each Friday night, at 7, 8:30, 10 and 11:30 pm.
> Season 12 of the series was broadcast earlier this year by the BBC (and is
> available in the U.S. on Britbox) and at least two more seasons have been
> ordered; Ovation has apparently purchased the rights through at least
> season 10. [A spin-off series, "Beyond Paradise," starring Kris Marshall's

Worst of them all

> character Humphrey Goodman, began airing on the BBC in 2023 and has been
> commissioned for a second season.]

> (end)

Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u76g5e$325e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191128&group=rec.arts.tv#191128

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 03:22:38 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 10:22 UTC

On 6/23/2023 10:50 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> June 24-30, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>
>> Weekend Family (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>>
>> Every weekend, Fred takes care of his girls Clara (15), Victoire (12) and
>> Romy (9). Each has a different mother with whom she lives during the week.
>> A new stepmother joins in this happy mix when Fred falls madly in love with
>> Emma, a Canadian doctoral student in child psychology. French series.
>>

> What the actual fuck?

Its French. Does that help explain it?

dirty old man.

Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u7782u$5nbv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191181&group=rec.arts.tv#191181

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 10:10:54 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 17:10 UTC

On 2023-06-24 05:00:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> June 24-30, 2023: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, June 24
>

> Keyshia Cole: This is My Story (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Multiple Grammy award nominee Keyshia Cole will executive produce and make
> her acting debut, playing herself, in this new Lifetime biopic. The story
> follows Keyshia through her early days in Oakland honing her musical
> talents, to her rise to a multi-platinum-selling recording artist and
> television personality, to her complicated yet warmhearted relationship
> with her mother Frankie Lons (Debbi Morgan.) It’s a story of childhood
> trauma, tragedy, complexity of love and overcoming obstacles to become the
> best version of oneself. Cindi Davis and Brittney Level also star.

Pass. (FTR, I'm not sure I've ever even heard a Keyshia Cole song - I
certainly couldn't pick one out of a lineup.)

> Make Me a Match (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Vivi enlists the help of an Indian Matchmaker, Raina, to change her fate in
> love. However, Raina's son Boom just might be the change Vivi needed all
> along. Stars Rushi Kota and Eva Bourne.

Eva Bourne makes this a strong "maybe" to at least sample.

(P.S. And the rest of you should go watch "Beyond the Black Rainbow"!!)

> Sunday, June 25
>

> The Freak Brothers (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Chronicles the escapades of a trio of stoner anti-establishment characters
> and their smartass cat who wake up from a 50-year nap after smoking a
> magical strain of weed in 1969, and must adjust to life with a new family
> in present-day San Francisco. Season one consisted of eight episodes
> released weekly in Nov.-Dec. 2021.

OK, Robin omits the key detail - that this is animated.

> Love At First Lie (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Kate Burns is looking for the perfect match online when she swipes and
> meets Walker Stevenson, a wealthy jet-setting art dealer. After Kate falls
> for the dashing dealer, she learns Walker is a hustler who cons women out
> of their money. Now Kate plans for payback. Stars Lexie Stevenson, Greg
> Kriek, Katelin Chesna, and Skye Coyne.

Wow! Lifetime is premiering a movie on Sunday again, for once?!

> Monday, June 26
>

> Claim to Fame (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, ABC)
>
> Hosted by Kevin and Frankie Jonas,

Question: Who's your favorite Jonas brother?

Answer : Kevin, 'cos, *obviously*.

> Tuesday, June 27
>

> Superman & Lois (season 3 finale; renewed for season 4) (8 pm,
> CW)

As DT said - it depends how you define it!!

> Gotham Knights (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CW)

I am looking forward to this finale.

And I'm a little sad that there is not going to be a season #2 - I
surely would have watched it.

> Wednesday, June 28
>

> Streaming:
>

> Hijack [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> It's not 24: It's 7. Unfolding in real time, Apple's seven-hour thriller
> follows the journey of a hijacked flight en route to London. Idris Elba
> stars as an accomplished business negotiator who attempts to find out if
> his business skills translate to negotiations with terrorists, while Archie
> Panjabi plays an actual counterterrorism officer on the ground. Seven
> episodes; the first two stream today, followed by single episodes weekly
> through August 2.

Huh... Apple may get me to watch another Apple TV+ series!

> Anthem (documentary) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Reflecting upon “The Star-Spangled Banner,” “Anthem” follows acclaimed
> composer Kris Bowers (“Bridgerton,” “When They See Us,” “King Richard”) and
> Grammy-winning music producer Dahi (Travis Scott, Kendrick Lamar, Drake) as
> they take a musical journey traveling across America to create a new sound,
> inspired by what our country’s national anthem might be if written in
> today’s time. 1h 37m.

This actually sounds dreadful.

> Run Rabbit Run (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Sarah Snook plays a a fertility doctor and single mother frightened by her
> young daughter's inexplicable memories of a past identity. Australian film;
> 1h 40m.

Hmmmm... Maybe?

> TMZ Presents: Child Star Syndrome: Triumphs, Tragedies & Trolls
> (documentary) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Entertainment giants created a new generation of child stars in the social
> media era, creating some of Hollywood’s biggest names--and some of its most
> tragic tales. 61 min.

Just give me the Readers Digest version, please!

> Thursday, June 29
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Witcher (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This third season—the final one to feature Henry Cavill, who will be
> replaced as Geralt of Rivia by Liam Hemsworth in season 4—is arriving in
> two parts, with the first five episodes streaming today and the remaining
> three arriving on July 27.

Oh, Fuck You Netflix!!

Guess I am waiting until late July to watch this now... >:/

> Ooku: The Inner Chambers [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> In an alternate history where the male population is nearly decimated,
> eligible men serve as concubines to the woman shogun inside the walls of
> the Ooku. Anime.

WTH?!

> Warrior (season 3 premiere) (3:01 am, Max)
>
> During the Tong Wars in the late 1800s, Ah Sahm, a martial arts prodigy
> from China, immigrates to San Francisco and becomes a hatchet man for the
> most powerful tong in Chinatown.
>
> Season 3: In the wake of the race riots that upended Chinatown in season
> two, Mai Ling uses her government connections to consolidate power, while
> Ah Sahm and the Hop Wei must find new ways to survive.
>
> The first two seasons were on Cinemax in 2019 and 2020. The series now
> moves to the Max streaming service; two episodes stream today.

This is still on my list of series to get to...

> Murder City (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> “Murder City” follows a disgraced former cop who finds himself working for
> a ruthless female kingpin to pay off his estranged father’s debt and
> protect his family. Stars Mike Colter, Stephanie Sigman, Antonio Fargas and
> James Udom. 1h 25m.

Eh... I might have been interested if it were a "revenge flick", but it
sounds like it's not that...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Sins of The Preacher's Wife (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> In a new town with a new baby and a husband who has to work all the time, a
> young mom gets involved with the highly popular local church. The
> preacher’s wife welcomes her with open arms, and she enrolls her baby in
> the church’s daycare which is run by the preacher’s wife. Slowly but
> surely, it seems as though the preacher’s wife is taking over as the baby’s
> main caregiver and framing the new mom as an unfit mom. Stars Anna Marie
> Dobbins, Vanessa Angel, Judson Mills, and Jason Cook.

I like Dobbins, but I am really in here for Angel and Mills! Yeah!!

> Friday, June 30
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Night Manager (final part 2 of limited series) (12:01
> am, Hulu)
>
> Follows Shaan Sengupta, an ex-soldier, who must infiltrate an arms dealer's
> inner circle to bring down his empire of war.
> The conclusion of an Indian
> adaptation of the John le Carré novel; this is not the 2016 British
> adaptation starring Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie. Nor is this Netflix's
> "The Night Agent." I am getting confused.

Totally!!

> Nimona (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> When a knight in a futuristic medieval world is framed for a crime he
> didn't commit, the only one who can help him prove his innocence is Nimona
> -- a mischievous teen who happens to be a shapeshifting creature he's sworn
> to destroy. Chloë Grace Moretz, Riz Ahmed, Frances Conroy, Beck Bennett,
> Julio Torres, Lorraine Toussaint, Indya Moore, and RuPaul provide voices
> for Netflix's feature adaptation of the award-winning graphic novel by ND
> Stevenson. 1h 41m.

Animated - meh.

> Twisted House Sitter 2 (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> After breaking out of prison and assuming a new identity, a woman
> [Crystal-Lee Naomi] gets a job as a personal assistant to a CEO and will
> stop at nothing to adopt the CEO’s luxurious lifestyle. 1h 36m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23770688/
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14833494/ ["Twisted House Sitter," 2021]

Click here to read the complete article
Re: June 24-30, 2023: Robin's selected programming

<u77fti$6h60$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191196&group=rec.arts.tv#191196

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 19:24:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 19:24 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>Run Rabbit Run (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

This would not be an adaptation of the well-known John Updike novel
Rabbit, Run (1960).

>TMZ Presents: Child Star Syndrome: Triumphs, Tragedies & Trolls
>(documentary) (3:01 am, Tubi)

Just in time for TMZ finally reporting Adam Rich's accidental death due
to fetanyl overdose.

> Broadcast and cable:

>Rock Hudson: All That Heaven Allowed (documentary) (9 pm,
>HBO)

bonk

All That Heaven Allows (1955) was an extra sudsy soapy melodrama, the
best-known film directed by Douglas Sirk after Magnificent Obsession
the year before; both starred Jane Wyman and Hudson. The script makes no
sense and the conflicts are entirely because PLOT, but then the audience
for Douglas Sirk kind of enjoyed these plots.

I guess Hudson's real life was extra sudsy as well. Of course, the
outrageous crap was at the end of Hudson's career, sick with AIDS, in
which he female co-stars were NOT informed by the producer that he had a
communicable disease that there was no cure for at the time.