From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-24 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 08:51:23 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 25 Jun 2023 15:51 UTC

What Did You Watch? 2023-06-24 (Saturday)

Stargate: SG-1 S7E02 'Homecoming'
"O'Neill and Sam return to SGC after successfully neutralizing Anubis'
new weapon. Unfortunately, Jonas Quinn and Daniel Jackson are still
aboard the ship and they have no idea what may have happened to them.
Anubis has interrogated Quinn who soon finds himself in orbit around his
home planet with Anubis wanting to learn more about the naquadriah
discovery. SGC receives a call for help from Jonas' home planet of
Kelowna and Carter and O'Neill are dispatched. Teal'c is being detained
aboard the system lord Yu's ship and learns from Oshu that Yu may not be
able to regenerate. They contact Baal to try and unite the other system
lords against their common enemy. On Kelowna, O'Neill finds himself
trying to unite the planet's three governments."
Second part of the season opener.

Jack O'Neill: What's your situation?
Daniel Jackson: I'm hiding. What's yours?
Jack O'Neill: Carter and I are on the planet.
Daniel Jackson: You're gonna have to be a little more specific, Jack. I
haven't had a chance to look out a window lately.
Jack O'Neill: You're hovering over Jonas' home world.
Daniel Jackson: Why?
Jack O'Neill: I wish I knew. Are you in any immediate danger?
Daniel Jackson: Eh, depends what you mean by immediate.
Jack O'Neill: Daniel.
Daniel Jackson: I'm fine. I got a location on Jonas' cell from the
ship's computer. I'm on my way there right now. I just gotta couple of
problems.
Jack O'Neill: Like what?
Daniel Jackson: Well, I'm not sure how to shut off the force field
protecting his cell, yet.
Jack O'Neill: You said a couple?
Daniel Jackson: Yeah, actually, I'm a little lost at the moment. And
I've only got about, uh, three hours left before the Tok'ra isotope
wears off and I'm visible to the ships sensors.
Jack O'Neill: So business as usual then, huh?
Daniel Jackson: I dunno. Is it?
Jack O'Neill: Yes, we do this kinda thing all the time.
Daniel Jackson: Oh well, good. That's-that's comforting, then.

Jonas Quinn: [has just been freed from Anubis' ship by Daniel] Okay, how
do we get off this thing?
Daniel Jackson: Cargo ship.
Jonas Quinn: Which way?
Daniel Jackson: [facing three hallways] Uhhhhhhhhhh...
[points at first two before choosing the third]
Daniel Jackson: This way!
Jonas Quinn: You sure?
Daniel Jackson: Nope!
Jonas Quinn: Right!

Her'ak: As for the rest of you, you will be publicly executed as an
example to all those who would defy their god.
Jack O'Neill: Does it have to be publicly?
Her'ak: I could kill you now.
Jack O'Neill: Publicly is fine.

Anubis: Have you found a way to overcome the instability of the naquadria?
Goa'uld Lieutenant: I believe I have.
Anubis: Then use the substance to power one of the ship's weapons'
arrays. I want it tested immediately.
Goa'uld Lieutenant: We will need to select a target.
Anubis: How fortunate that there is a city before us.
Goa'uld Lieutenant: I am unsure of the destructive power of this weapon.
The blast radius from a single shot could conceivably encompass the
entire city.
Anubis: If it does, you will have my congratulations.
(Someone _really_ doesn't understand who he's working for.)

Trivia: The picture of the Kelownan capital city on Jonas' home planet
is actually that of Vancouver, with some extra buildings added.
Daniel asks Jack if they get paid for the work they do. The answer is,
of course, yes. Jack and Carter would receive military pay and whatever
extras they are entitled to such as combat pay, hazard pay, etc. Daniel,
Jonas and Teal'c would be military contractors so could negotiate
whatever reasonable terms and compensation they wanted like healthcare,
food, quarters and pay.

Commentary: Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson), Director Martin Wood
and DP Jim Menard. "Hello, I'm naked Michael Shanks." "And I'm Martin
Wood the man having to look at him." "And I'm Jim Menard having to
photograph him." *laughter* Executive Producers/Showrunners don't go
to conventions because they get asked questions like "Why can radio
waves go both ways in a wormhole but nothing else can?" Daniel Jackson
is always hiding, prompting Shanks' comment "Boy, those Jaffa are dumb."
Red-shirted cannon fodder usually are. :) He also calls the moving
around all the time in corridors and such "boot leather acting". Wood
comments that part of why you have scenes with a lot of characters in it
is because none of them ever go to the bathroom. *blink* *blink*
*blink* (BTW, the "*blink* *blink* *blink* is apparently a recent
addition to the commentaries. It comes from the Simpsons or Family Guy
or some show like that where who when stumped by something that should
have been obvious characters just loudly blink a few times before
ignoring it and moving on.) Shanks is now softly chanting "boot leather
boot leather boot leather" in every scene what he and Nemec are skulking
around in Anubis' ship.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-24 (Saturday)

<u7a25m$ifkm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191341&group=rec.arts.tv#191341

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-24 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 11:48:22 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 25 Jun 2023 18:48 UTC

On 6/25/2023 8:51 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> What Did You Watch? 2023-06-24 (Saturday)
>
> Stargate: SG-1 S7E02 'Homecoming'
> "O'Neill and Sam return to SGC after successfully neutralizing Anubis'
> new weapon. Unfortunately, Jonas Quinn and Daniel Jackson are still
> aboard the ship and they have no idea what may have happened to them.
> Anubis has interrogated Quinn who soon finds himself in orbit around his
> home planet with Anubis wanting to learn more about the naquadriah
> discovery. SGC receives a call for help from Jonas' home planet of
> Kelowna and Carter and O'Neill are dispatched. Teal'c is being detained
> aboard the system lord Yu's ship and learns from Oshu that Yu may not be
> able to regenerate. They contact Baal to try and unite the other system
> lords against their common enemy. On Kelowna, O'Neill finds himself
> trying to unite the planet's three governments."
> Second part of the season opener.

Shouldn't it be a two hour premier?

> Jack O'Neill: What's your situation?
> Daniel Jackson: I'm hiding. What's yours?
> Jack O'Neill: Carter and I are on the planet.
> Daniel Jackson: You're gonna have to be a little more specific, Jack. I
> haven't had a chance to look out a window lately.
> Jack O'Neill: You're hovering over Jonas' home world.
> Daniel Jackson: Why?
> Jack O'Neill: I wish I knew. Are you in any immediate danger?
> Daniel Jackson: Eh, depends what you mean by immediate.
> Jack O'Neill: Daniel.
> Daniel Jackson: I'm fine. I got a location on Jonas' cell from the
> ship's computer. I'm on my way there right now. I just gotta couple of
> problems.
> Jack O'Neill: Like what?
> Daniel Jackson: Well, I'm not sure how to shut off the force field
> protecting his cell, yet.
> Jack O'Neill: You said a couple?
> Daniel Jackson: Yeah, actually, I'm a little lost at the moment. And
> I've only got about, uh, three hours left before the Tok'ra isotope
> wears off and I'm visible to the ships sensors.
> Jack O'Neill: So business as usual then, huh?
> Daniel Jackson: I dunno. Is it?
> Jack O'Neill: Yes, we do this kinda thing all the time.
> Daniel Jackson: Oh well, good. That's-that's comforting, then.
>
> Jonas Quinn: [has just been freed from Anubis' ship by Daniel] Okay, how
> do we get off this thing?
> Daniel Jackson: Cargo ship.
> Jonas Quinn: Which way?
> Daniel Jackson: [facing three hallways] Uhhhhhhhhhh...
> [points at first two before choosing the third]
> Daniel Jackson: This way!
> Jonas Quinn: You sure?
> Daniel Jackson: Nope!
> Jonas Quinn: Right!
>
> Her'ak: As for the rest of you, you will be publicly executed as an
> example to all those who would defy their god.
> Jack O'Neill: Does it have to be publicly?
> Her'ak: I could kill you now.
> Jack O'Neill: Publicly is fine.
>
> Anubis: Have you found a way to overcome the instability of the naquadria?
> Goa'uld Lieutenant: I believe I have.
> Anubis: Then use the substance to power one of the ship's weapons'
> arrays. I want it tested immediately.
> Goa'uld Lieutenant: We will need to select a target.
> Anubis: How fortunate that there is a city before us.
> Goa'uld Lieutenant: I am unsure of the destructive power of this weapon.
> The blast radius from a single shot could conceivably encompass the
> entire city.
> Anubis: If it does, you will have my congratulations.
> (Someone _really_ doesn't understand who he's working for.)
>
> Trivia: The picture of the Kelownan capital city on Jonas' home planet
> is actually that of Vancouver, with some extra buildings added.
> Daniel asks Jack if they get paid for the work they do.

This makes no sense. Of course Daniel already knows the answer to the
question.

The answer is,
> of course, yes. Jack and Carter would receive military pay and whatever
> extras they are entitled to such as combat pay, hazard pay, etc. Daniel,
> Jonas and Teal'c would be military contractors so could negotiate
> whatever reasonable terms and compensation they wanted like healthcare,
> food, quarters and pay.

Daniel, Jonas, and Teal'c are probably getting paid a lot more than Jack
and Carter!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-06-24 (Saturday)

<u7a97f$jddm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191353&group=rec.arts.tv#191353

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 13:48:49 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 25 Jun 2023 20:48 UTC

On 6/25/2023 11:48 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 6/25/2023 8:51 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> What Did You Watch? 2023-06-24 (Saturday)
>>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S7E02 'Homecoming'
>> "O'Neill and Sam return to SGC after successfully neutralizing Anubis'
>> new weapon. Unfortunately, Jonas Quinn and Daniel Jackson are still
>> aboard the ship and they have no idea what may have happened to them.
>> Anubis has interrogated Quinn who soon finds himself in orbit around
>> his home planet with Anubis wanting to learn more about the naquadriah
>> discovery. SGC receives a call for help from Jonas' home planet of
>> Kelowna and Carter and O'Neill are dispatched. Teal'c is being
>> detained aboard the system lord Yu's ship and learns from Oshu that Yu
>> may not be able to regenerate. They contact Baal to try and unite the
>> other system lords against their common enemy. On Kelowna, O'Neill
>> finds himself trying to unite the planet's three governments."
>> Second part of the season opener.
>>

> Shouldn't it be a two hour premier?

Two separate episodes on the DVD and in the IMDb listing.

>> Jack O'Neill: What's your situation?
>> Daniel Jackson: I'm hiding. What's yours?
>> Jack O'Neill: Carter and I are on the planet.
>> Daniel Jackson: You're gonna have to be a little more specific, Jack.
>> I haven't had a chance to look out a window lately.
>> Jack O'Neill: You're hovering over Jonas' home world.
>> Daniel Jackson: Why?
>> Jack O'Neill: I wish I knew. Are you in any immediate danger?
>> Daniel Jackson: Eh, depends what you mean by immediate.
>> Jack O'Neill: Daniel.
>> Daniel Jackson: I'm fine. I got a location on Jonas' cell from the
>> ship's computer. I'm on my way there right now. I just gotta couple of
>> problems.
>> Jack O'Neill: Like what?
>> Daniel Jackson: Well, I'm not sure how to shut off the force field
>> protecting his cell, yet.
>> Jack O'Neill: You said a couple?
>> Daniel Jackson: Yeah, actually, I'm a little lost at the moment. And
>> I've only got about, uh, three hours left before the Tok'ra isotope
>> wears off and I'm visible to the ships sensors.
>> Jack O'Neill: So business as usual then, huh?
>> Daniel Jackson: I dunno. Is it?
>> Jack O'Neill: Yes, we do this kinda thing all the time.
>> Daniel Jackson: Oh well, good. That's-that's comforting, then.
>>
>> Jonas Quinn: [has just been freed from Anubis' ship by Daniel] Okay,
>> how do we get off this thing?
>> Daniel Jackson: Cargo ship.
>> Jonas Quinn: Which way?
>> Daniel Jackson: [facing three hallways] Uhhhhhhhhhh...
>> [points at first two before choosing the third]
>> Daniel Jackson: This way!
>> Jonas Quinn: You sure?
>> Daniel Jackson: Nope!
>> Jonas Quinn: Right!
>>
>> Her'ak: As for the rest of you, you will be publicly executed as an
>> example to all those who would defy their god.
>> Jack O'Neill: Does it have to be publicly?
>> Her'ak: I could kill you now.
>> Jack O'Neill: Publicly is fine.
>>
>> Anubis: Have you found a way to overcome the instability of the
>> naquadria?
>> Goa'uld Lieutenant: I believe I have.
>> Anubis: Then use the substance to power one of the ship's weapons'
>> arrays. I want it tested immediately.
>> Goa'uld Lieutenant: We will need to select a target.
>> Anubis: How fortunate that there is a city before us.
>> Goa'uld Lieutenant: I am unsure of the destructive power of this
>> weapon. The blast radius from a single shot could conceivably
>> encompass the entire city.
>> Anubis: If it does, you will have my congratulations.
>> (Someone _really_ doesn't understand who he's working for.)
>>
>> Trivia: The picture of the Kelownan capital city on Jonas' home planet
>> is actually that of Vancouver, with some extra buildings added.
>> Daniel asks Jack if they get paid for the work they do.
>
> This makes no sense.  Of course Daniel already knows the answer to the
> question.

He hadn't fully recovered his memories yet.

>> The answer is,
>> of course, yes. Jack and Carter would receive military pay and
>> whatever extras they are entitled to such as combat pay, hazard pay,
>> etc. Daniel, Jonas and Teal'c would be military contractors so could
>> negotiate whatever reasonable terms and compensation they wanted like
>> healthcare, food, quarters and pay.
>>

> Daniel, Jonas, and Teal'c are probably getting paid a lot more than Jack
> and Carter!

Almost certainly. :) Well, Daniel at least. Not sure Teal'c would
think to demand a high salary and Jonas was basically restricted to the
SGC so even if he thought to ask he wouldn't have a clue what good pay
would be.

dirty old man.