From: gmsi...@email.com (Trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Obama uses liberal "code phrase" "It's complicated" when asked about India
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 22:22:57 +0000
 by: Trotsky - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 22:22 UTC

On 6/26/23 9:41 AM, RichA wrote:
>Liberals always say this when the weaseling is happening.

Interesting. Can you tell the truth about the India situation to the group,
or should you be dismissed as a motherfucking stupid liar as usual?

--
This space for rent.

Re: Obama uses liberal "code phrase" "It's complicated" when asked about India

<2ab06727-c3c7-4255-9c1b-0c91f3f5890fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=191505&group=rec.arts.tv#191505

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Obama uses liberal "code phrase" "It's complicated" when asked
about India
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 22:53 UTC

On Monday, June 26, 2023 at 5:23:02 PM UTC-5, Trotsky wrote:
> On 6/26/23 9:41 AM, RichA wrote:
> >Liberals always say this when the weaseling is happening.
> Interesting. Can you tell the truth about the India situation to the group,
> or should you be dismissed as a motherfucking stupid liar as usual?
> >
> >By Cherylann Mollan in Mumbai and Sharanya Hrishikesh in New Delhi
> >BBC News
> >
> >Leaders of India's governing party have criticised former US President Barack Obama for his recent remarks on Muslims in the country.
> >
> >Mr Obama said in an interview last week that India may "start pulling apart" if the rights of minorities weren't protected.
> >
> >He was responding to a question on how President Joe Biden should engage with "illiberal democrats".
> >
> >Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in the US on a state visit at the time.
> >
> >The three-day visit was marked by a ceremonial welcome to the White House, a lavish state dinner and the signing of several crucial deals. Mr Modi also addressed a joint session of the US Congress.
> >
> >Mr Obama's remarks, made in an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour which was aired before the Congress address, were widely reported in India.
> >
> >Ms Amanpour referred to the "threat to democracy" from so-called "illiberal democrats" before referring to Mr Modi as one.
> >
> >"How should a president engage with those kinds of leaders, either in the naming of them or in the dealing with them?" she asked.
> >
> >Mr Obama said it was "complicated"
> --
> This space for rent.

Last year peeps from one of their provinces demonstrated at the Indian consulate in Chicago. They brought snacks, Costco?, and wore their colorful ethnic attire. Very organized.